I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together Empty Re: I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:01 pm

It was done. There were few things, now, that could truly ruin Adrienne's mood, and luckily the dungeons just didn't manage it. They hadn't been a source of much happiness during her time as a student, but she had a perfectly good reason to be down there today despite having graduated. In fact, she didn't even knock when she came to his office door.

"Well!" she began brightly, pushing the door so it would swing to behind her. "I've got some brilliant news. It's finally sorted."

Grinning, she plopped herself down onto the chair opposite him and bounced a little from sheer relief. The stress of the past few months seemed lifted, even though she wasn't at all certain what was meant to happen next. "I don't know about you, but I could really do with a drink once you're done for the day."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together Empty Re: I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:12 pm

Adrienne just smiled at him when he seemed surprised, tilting her head to the side. "Hogsmeade sounds fine. I can explain on the way," she offered, pushing off of her chair once he seemed ready to head out.

Once they were outside of the castle, she turned her head to look at him. "The paperwork is finally filed. It's official. The Poliakoffs can't do anything anymore, and I have no obligation to Kaiden anymore. Is it weird that I'm excited to have my old name back? It seems strange. But I think it's actually just that I'm glad not to have his name anymore, you know?"
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:58 pm

She didn't mean to trip over her feet when he asked the question, but it took her by surprise to the point where she couldn't help it. In truth, she hadn't thought about that. She hadn't expected things to change, necessarily.

Righting herself, she allowed her brow to furrow in thought."Um," she began, trying to decide what it was that he wanted her to say.

A part of her resented him a bit for ruining her good mood, if only because she had been waiting so long for the annulment to be final. But perhaps he was surprised, too. Especially after the initial reason for her moving in with him. After all, nothing had really happened besides a bit of attempted flirting now and then. He had left for Hogwarts and she had focused on getting done everything that she needed to, and now where did they stand?

"I'm not sure. I want to visit my family and explain what's happened as best as I can," she decided, shrugging one shoulder. "And I'll be able to focus on work all the more, now. But, other than that..." she trailed off, shaking her head and glancing in his direction. "I guess I'm just winging it."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:12 am

Perhaps it was that she had been lonely for much of her life, but she wasn't sure what to make of Selwyn anymore. To be fair, she had never truly understood him, but he had been away so much that she hardly knew how to step in time with him, much less be anything more than that girl he let live in his home for a while. She didn't know what she had expected when she showed up at his office, but it wasn't for him to agree with her when she said she might leave for a while.

It was her own fault, undoubtedly, but that didn't make her feel any less deflated.

"My parents aren't very interesting in dealing with the problems in our world. They just choose to step back after what happened with Asher. So it seemed like I would only be... bothering them with it," she mused aloud. "Better to show up with results than worry them for that long."

She gave a dramatized grimace when he suggested the tea shop, but grinned and nodded regardless. At least she could be silly about the suggestion instead of wondering what the end of their talk would bring. "Go on, then. Lead the way."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:52 am

Although she was more or less walking alongside him, Adrienne kept tossing gazes in his direction while they made their way through the little village. Upon stepping into the tea shop, she felt her nose wrinkle up in silent disapproval. Whoever had thought this was a good idea? She wasn't sure if the constant but quiet scent of roses was her imagination or not, but she tried to ignore it as she looked around.

"I haven't, no," she replied, searching for a table far away from the disgustingly romantic couple to their left. To be fair, she probably wouldn't have felt uncomfortable about it if she had that, but as it were, she found it entirely obnoxious.

"I can't imagine you as one who frequented this place either, though," she pointed out, weaving between the tables until she found one sufficiently distanced. "Or were you more sappy as a student that you care to admit?"
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum