I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together - Page 2 Empty Re: I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:25 pm

Adrienne shook her head at him when he declared that being sappy wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but she couldn't help but smile and agree, even if the latter was done in her mind rather than aloud. "Krum never was my cup of tea," she informed him with a disapproving frown. It passed quickly, though, and she shrugged it off.

She uttered quiet thanks and sat down in the chair he offered, her cheeks burning a bit when she realized he had caught her watching the other couple.

"I wasn't-" she attempted. Deciding that he would know if she were lying, she rolled her lips together and declined to finish the sentence.

His question surprised her a bit, and she turned to look at them, resting her arm on the back of her chair. "Perhaps," she concluded, facing him again. "I hadn't really thought about it. It is entirely possible that I'm used to the women at work making a very bit deal out of whomever they're seeing. I don't know if it's to make the other women jealous or if they get some sort of masochistic kick out of knowing the rest of us hate them."

Adrienne rolled her eyes but settled more deeply and comfortably into her chair. "How have classes been, then?" Regardless of whether or not she was excited and no matter how much she wanted to revel in her news, it occurred to her that she very rarely asked after his day. Perhaps that was one of the reasons things had been feeling so off lately. Pulling a smile for him, she glanced around to see if she could get attention of some waitress or other so that they could place their drink orders.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together - Page 2 Empty Re: I don't know if I lied when I said we're not together

Post by Everly Bardugo Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:35 pm

Her shrug was cut short at his comment, and although she had glanced to the side along with the movement of her shoulder, her eyes whipped back towards Selwyn. At first, she wasn't sure if she was meant to laugh or not, so she probably just looked bewildered. When he didn't show any sign of teasing, she pursed her lips slightly and frowned.

It seemed like he was being serious, but without any feeling of certainty, it seemed wiser to continue on with the conversation.

"I did the same," she acknowledged, still feeling a little thrown off. Her hands toyed with the skirt of her dress, trying to pick apart what he had said without having to ask him outright.

"Work," she began, "is better. There's a new editor, and although I don't think he's the friendliest sort he hasn't said anything about what happened." Her frown deepened, and she registered that she probably wouldn't have been so straightforward with someone else about the things that had happened with the Prophet. Surely he would understand as far as the Order was concerned? "I just have to prove myself again, which is better than trying to make up for something that the old editor felt was some kind of... personal slight against him or something."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Adrienne blinked when he said her name, the tone of his voice making her tense up. Her gaze found his until he looked away and she let a thoughtful expression take over. She couldn't very well hide it anymore. She wasn't sure what he expected her train of thought to be, but it may not have been the same as what actually happened.

"So.. you've known for a while, then." She concluded, nodding slowly if only for something to do. "I-... I guess I just don't understand why you started anything with me if you don't- I mean, if you don't..." she faltered, shaking her head. "I'm not saying that you're supposed to care about me. But you shouldn't have pretended you did if you don't."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:56 am

Adrienne tried to ignore the color that rushed to her cheeks when he corrected her, but she felt that he could probably excuse her if she had never met someone who felt that way before. She wasn't exactly the most outgoing person in the world, if she was being objective about it. That undercurrent of temper in her definitely didn't help.

Speaking of her temper, she closed her eyes, opening them to level a disapproving glare his way when he finished. "Okay," she replied, relaxing her features into an expression of nonchalance. "So you telling me that you'd have considered marrying me, were it not for Kaiden, and having me move in... That's not something? Because I do recall a couple instances of extremely pointed comments. Dares, if you will."

She crossed her arms, looking away. She still avoided making any sort of eye contact with the disgusting couples in the place, but she felt better when able to pretend she was unimpressed with the whole situation. Genuinely, she knew that he was right about the disappointment thing. But the main question still remained:

Was she disappointed because it was him specifically? Or because she had gone through so many things and now felt like his news might mean she had to find something else to do with herself? She didn't even know how things were going at work, so the chance that he was telling her this because he had found someone and expected her to go was extremely unappealing.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:08 am

She glanced at him out of the corner of her eye when he confirmed that he felt something. Perhaps it was less of an issue than she thought it would be. Adrienne drew in a breath and forced her shoulders to relax. "You never asked again," she muttered unhelpfully. "It's not as though I'm great at talking about those things."

He spoke, drawing her full attention. Something stupid? She had heard that before. She'd heard that from Keiran at least twice, although it was always, I almost did something stupid. She knew exactly what that meant.

"Well, as you said, I hadn't made anything clear," she admitted, deciding to be more mature about it than she knew Millie had been in a similar situation. The only difference being, of course, that Millie had been married to the man at the time. "I suppose I don't have any room to place blame. So if you're saying that it might affect the potential... something that we have, I guess you should, yeah."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top