Class One - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Class One - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Class One

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Class One - Page 2 Empty Re: Class One

Post by Candy Jones Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:49 am

Candy couldn’t believe she had spent so much time in the library. This year was taking it out of her and the year was just getting started. So many essays, it would be the end of her. She thought last year was hard with OWLS, but this year had topped that one in half. She’d just apologized for being late without any excuses.

“Sorry I’m late Professor,” she announced as she came into the room. She quickly sat down and opened her textbook. She wasn’t going to make a big deal over being late; she hoped the professor wouldn’t either. It was embarrassing being late as it was.
Candy Jones
Candy Jones
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Jones Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:51 am

Candy couldn’t believe she had spent so much time in the library. This year was taking it out of her and the year was just getting started. So many essays, it would be the end of her. She thought last year was hard with OWLS, but this year had topped that one in half. She’d just apologized for being late without any excuses.

“Sorry I’m late Professor,” she announced as she came into the room. She quickly sat down and opened her textbook. She wasn’t going to make a big deal over being late; she hoped the professor wouldn’t either. It was embarrassing being late as it was.
Candy Jones
Candy Jones
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ekko D'Eath-Augustine Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:40 am

She seriously wasn't in the mood to be messed with right now. When the Ashcroft boy sat down next to her and spoke to her, her eyes narrowed and she turned her head to glare at him. "Don't "hey baby" me, you little worm." she hissed at him. When she was angry she was pretty damn nasty and rude to everyone. Seemed like a normal Amaris for everyone but she was even more on edge than usual now.

There was something she was hiding, even if she herself didn't know it yet. She saw his arm go around her seat through the corner of her eye and she frowned. "I suggest you take your arm away before you lose it." she warned. She wasn't messing around and if he continued he would be taught a lesson he wouldn't soon forget.
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 424

http://twoworldscollide.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Molz Weasley Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:14 am

Molly stepped into the classroom, trying to hide the fact that she was out of breath for running all the way here. She hoped she wasn't late, at least she didn't appear to have missed anything as of yet. She slid into an empty bench and turned her attention to the class.

Molly's eyes flicked around the room. She recognised a few faces here and there, but nobody she was that close to. Then again, she told herself, she was barely close to anyone anymore. She sighed inside, wishing things had turned out differently. Still, she kind of liked Defence Against the Dark Arts. She disliked most subjects, but this wasn't too bad. Molly was a bit of a pessimist, especially as of lately.
Molz Weasley
Molz Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Lovegood Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:17 am

One by one the students filed into her classroom. Some greeted her, some ignored her, some checked her out. She gave a small nod of acknowledgment to each as they arrived. From the rainbow of colors on their robes Jamie knew that somehow she had scored a very mixed group this time. Not that it was a good thing.. Too many different personalities tended to cause more fights. She spotted a few kids who belonged to the house that she had uncerimoniously been made in charge of. Jamie still wasn't sure how she felt about being Head of Hufflepuff and had decided to wait on making a judgement of the matter. But she still couldn't help but silently favor Ravenclaw, as they had been her house when she had gone here. 

"You're right on time." Jamie consoled a Ravenclaw girl who she vaguely recognized. Standing, the new Professer moved to the blackboard. With her back turned to the class she spoke in a loud, clear voice that could be heard across the room. "Welcome to Defense Against the Dark Arts, block four, NEWT level. I'm Professer Prophet and my job is to keep you from being killed." As she spoke she wrote 'Prophet' on the chalkboard in large letters. Turning to face her students she gave them a lazy smile that quickly became serious again. "But I'm also not your babysitter. Pay attention, study hard, don't be an idiot. Most of you are about to enter the real world where you won't have the opinion of running to Mommy. By the end of this class I hope to give you enough confidence to at least not wet yourself when you look danger in the eye." 

She walked to in front of her desk where she hopped up and sat. "I don't know what you're previous teachers have taught you but in my class we are going to be primarily focusing on the spellcasting aspect of defensive magic. Starting with basic defense methods and hopefully working our way up to effective offensive spells." Jamie paused to catch her breath. "I believe that in order to be prepared you have to know what Dark Magic looks like. For this reason I may preform certain spells in demonstration that would be considered dark. I will not be teaching you how to cast this magic but you will be required to fight it off as part of your grade."  

Jamie hopped back down from her desk and looked out at the crowd of faces. "Any questions so far?" She would rather continue but it seemed like a good time to ask. When she was in school her Professors allowed time for questions frequently. And that was all she had to go by. 
Clementine Lovegood

Number of posts : 2053

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Drew Aritza Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:09 am

Caiden rushed and crashed into the classroom with his books in one hand and his bag into the other. 'Sorry I am late, professor,' he managed to say through his breathing. 'It won't happen again,' he continued as he quickly took his seat next to two slytherin who seem to be flirting which each other. Caiden ignored them and quickly tugged his shirt into his pants, he was looking quite daggy. He couldn't believe he was late, he was almost never late. Especially on his favorite subject - defence against the dark art. Caiden had forgotten to turn the alarm on and accidentally slept in. Caiden pulled out his textbook, quill and ink and got ready for class, listening to what the teacher had to say
Drew Aritza
Drew Aritza
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:42 am

Yikes, this new professor seemed to be like Milo. It was nice to see that some of the professors wouldn't be pushovers for the year, it'd be almost too boring and that would possibly cause him to lose interest. But this? This was going to be a fun year, he could tell. Before he even had another thought though, he saw someone else burst into the class, his friend Caiden. Pinching the bridge of his nose, he looked towards the table...it seemed of character for Caiden to be late as usual.

Steering back to his previous thoughts, he hadn't been able to think of a single question at that moment. Everything seemed to be pretty straightforward in this class, he was just more anxious to get started than have to listen to another ten minute lecture about something irrelevant. So he decided to keep his mouth shut, most of the questions that would've been asked anyway already covered in her explanation.
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Clementine Lovegood Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:59 pm

When Jamie finished speaking most students stayed silent, although she noticed a boy was still chattering away to his lady friend. Sure, he had a world-class expression on but it still sorta pissed Jamie off. So she cleared her throat exaggeratedly loud and raised her eyebrows, staring over at the boy. She vaguely remembered his face from her own schooldays. No one important.. just a passing face in the hallways. He had been a couple years younger than her and, frankly, he still looked about the same.. just taller.

"Oy, you. Shrimpy." She didn't remember his name at all. Looks like her nicknaming all the kids as they came through the door was going to pay off. Score. Quickly Jamie glanced down at the attendance sheet on her desk and scanned it for something to help her remember. "Ashcroft." she guessed out loud, addressing him. She remembered he had had a sister. Ah, yes. There she was in this class too. Definitely Ashcroft. Jamie couldn't help but feel particularly pleased with herself. But she couldn't look too excited.

"Was that a question, Mr. Ashcroft? Or was that you just being annoying?"

She paused and looked around at the sitting students. "There won't be much sitting around in my classroom. But when I'm talking I need you to all shut up so you can actually hear what I've got to tell you. Imagine you meet a nice vampire on your next trip to London. Pasty skin, pointy teeth, very clique but also completely terrifying. You go to pick up your wand but then you realize, 'hey, I don't know how to repel a vampire because Shrimy was talking during Jamie's lecture.'" Jamie clapped her hands together.

"Well, enough of me talking. I can tell you don't really care. Today is just an assessment day. Pick a partner and come to the back. We are going to have little duels today.. Just so I can figure out what's in your dusty brains. If anyone doesn't have a partner I'll fill in." Jamie jumped off her desk and walked back to the open area in the back of her classroom. When she reached the back she turned to her students to watch them follow her.
Clementine Lovegood

Number of posts : 2053

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top