Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor

Post by Caspian Ivanov Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:45 pm

"Don't worry love. They will learn to accept you because soon you'll be their daughter in law, no matter they say." he assured Kiara. No matter what happened, he was going to make sure that his partents did t take her away from him. Thrgwould just haven to learn to accept her for who she was. Of course, it would be easier for Miles to accept her, who he accepts and doesn't accept always depends more on looks than on blood status. Meswas always like that, no matter what. Jessica on the other hand, blood status was everrything to her.

Atticus knew his parents well, when they found out about Kiara's blood status, they would freak out. A huge argument would arise and in the end Jessica would lose the argument and the wedding would go on, but that didn't mean that Jessica would accept Kiara right then and there. She would say that she would tolerate the girl her son's wife, but she wouldn't accept her no matter what. Atticus sighed softly and kissed Kiara back softly.

"So ..." Atticus looked at his parents as his mother began to speak. He felt that she was going to say something that she shouldn't say as she so often did, and his grip on Kiara's hand tightened. "I know this might sound odd, but we wanted to know what houses you were in when you went to Hogwarts." There it was, a question that he wasn't sure if they would be able to answer. But Kaira must have told them something about the Hogwarts houses, so maybe they would get through that easily. Still, he couldn't help but close his eyes in frustration and mentally slapping himself.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor

Post by Austin Lockwood Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:41 am

Kiara nodded for she knew he was right. There was.nothing that.could tear them apart even if their parents tried. No matter if his parents hated her, she knew they would have to accept her for Atticus loved her just like she loved him. Kiara knew her patents would accept him even if it he wasn't a rich muggle lawyer like they wanted. Although, they knew Kiara loved him and all that mattered to them was their daughter happiness. Kiara parents started to realize that they couldn't live their daughter life and expect her to have a happy life.

But Kiara parents been keeping a great secret.ftom Kiara for they wanted to.live a normal life without magic which was a great mistake. They still used magic but it only.when they had to and Kiara wasn't there to see them. They did it to protect Kiara from a world of fighting and killing but now, the world was at peace and they knew they had to tell Kiara the truth. They were ashame they hid it from Kiara but they did it to keep her safe and not living in a world of terror. Although, they knew they couldn't let Kiara not go to Hogwarts for that was really where she belonged. They should of told her then but they didn't they kept it away from her.

"Just like Kiara I was a proud Gryffindor lion." said Kiara father with a hint of pride in his voice. "Now you can see where Kiara gets her.bravey from."said Kiara father chuckling as Kiara mother glared at him. "I was a Ravenclaw at Hogwarts, Kiara got her love of books and.smartness from me."said her mother softly. Kiara looked from her parents to Atticus confused like she had no clue what was going on.
Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:05 am

Jessica and Miles listened to Kiara's parents with great interest. He didn't get why the interest was so great but he wasn't complaining ... externally. Internally his mind was going crazy, saying that this was it. That her parents wouldn't know anything about the Hogwarts houses and that his parents would find out that they were muggles. Screaming inside, Atticus managed to stay calm on the outside with a smile to hide any discomfort that he might show.

Still he knew this was bad. His parents couldn't find out about Kiara being a muggleborn, they would kill him for falling in love with what they and he had up until he met Kiara called a mudblood. Then they would try to kill her for falling in love with their son. But they couldn't control who Atticus fell in love with but he didn't want to cause any trouble for Kiara and her parents. But when he heard her parents answer the question with no trouble, Atticus looked up quickly.

He stared at them in disbelief as they answered. "Oh so Gryffindor and Ravenclaw." Jessica said with a hint of distain in her voice as she said Gryffindor. It was obvious his mother didn't like Gryffindors much. His father smiled and chuckled a bit. "Good houses. At least you weren't Hufflepuffs." Miles said. Miles wasn't very fond of Hufflepuffs, Atticus didn't know why, he just wasn't. Atticus sighed as he looked back at Kiara. "Good answers, huh?" he chuckled.

"What were your favorite classes?" Jessica asked. Atticus shook his head. Why was she asking these question? She's never wanted to ask anything about that to anyone else. Although he supposed that it was because their daughter was marrying her son. But why so many questions?
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Lockwood Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:43 am

Kiara looked from her parents to Atticus parents quickly afariad if they said one wrong word something would go terribly wrong. So far everything was going good, although Kiara didn't know how they could had known so much about the Hogwarts houses when she told them very little about them. Although she wasn't going to admit so was relieved but she was also upset about it. Kiara felt like a whole new part of her was finally revealed that she didn't know about. Of course she didn't know, all of this was coming to a shock to her and to be honest it was to much for her.

Kiara looked at Atticus and bit her lip so hard she thought it was about to bleed in any second. "So far so good love."Kiara whispered to him softly but held his hand hard. Kiara didn't know what would happen if they found out she wasn't a pure-blood but she was afraid to ask. Atticus mother already didn't like her, but once she found out she would be furious. Kiara had to admit she was scared, she was scared of how this night would turn out.

Kiara's parents nodded. "Two of the best houses there is, although most of my family been Gryffindors."said Kiara's father. Kiara's parents nodded but her father chuckled along with Atticus father. "Yeah I know, I was so relieved that I wasn't one as well a Kiara."said Kiara's father. "Joe, what would you said if she was sorted in the same house as me?"Kiara's mother asked him. "Nothing dear, I would of been proud."said her father simply. Kiara looked at her parents with anger in her eyes for she didn't know how much she could take without busting.

"Mine of course was Charms, I was excellent at that subject!"said Kiara's father. "Of course Kiara got the gift of being good at Charms from me."said Kiara's father. "Mine was potions."said Kiara's mother softly but simply.

Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 am

Atticus could barely believe what he was hearing. How could muggles like Kiara's parents know so much about Hogwarts? They weren't even hesitating when they answered his mother's questions. Glancing at Jessica, he noticed the approving smile that she was giving Kiara's parents. He sighed in relief. That was good, whatever the reason for there quick answers, it was faring well with Miles and Jessica, still it bothered him a bit that they knew so much about a world that only their daughter was a part of. It made him wonder if they were really what they claimed to be.

No that couldn't be possible. Atticus shook his head and mentally slapped himself. Now was not the time to be having stupid thoughts about other's blood status. It seemed that Jessica had gotten all she needed to know from them, and he finally relaxed. Now, his mother was off about something else, and Miles only smiled sheepishly. She was saying something that obviously embarrassed him and Atticus found himself smiling at them before he turned his attention back to Kiara. His own mind was off on its own, wondering what had just happened with his future wife's parents. He was really curious on how they knew about those subjects when he was sure that they were muggles.

"How'd you parents know so much about Hogwarts, love?" he asked Kiara. His grip on her hand had loosened a bit as he was relaxing much more now. Melee and the other house elves had begun to bring the food in and they were now placing the food on all their plates. His appetite suddenly gone, he shook his head at nearly everything Melee offered him. His parents had wanted a feast prepared for this meeting, and they'd gone overboard with the food selection. It was like a buffet and Atticus was barely getting his plate filled up with anything. Miles would take care of that though, Atticus knew how his father's appetite was, and for once he was grateful of that. His mother would never know that he hadn't eaten much if Miles ate the way he normally did today.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Lockwood Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:56 am

"I don't know love, all I told them was about the houses and my favorite classes."said Kiara softly but a bit of anger in her voice. "Sorry love, I didn't mean to snap but all my whole life has been a lie."said Kiara softly sighing to herself. Kiara was starting to put two and two together which was something that made her more angry. How could her parents lie to her and tell her that she was something that she really wasn't, was it to keep her safe? Kiara didn't know but all she knew she was so mad at her parents for lying to her about who she really was.

Kiara was relieved that Atticus mother stopped asking them questions she didn't know how much more she could take. "I have a feeling after we eat love, they would want us to leave so they can talk alone I know how my parents are."said Kiara softly. It was something they always did no matter where they went and Kiara was quite use to it but not this time. Kiara wanted to stay and hear about this so called world that her parents lied about not knowing. As the food came Kiara pick at her plate not really in the mood to eat right now, but she ate some for it was rude not to eat something that Mr. and Mrs. Bletchley prepared so hard for.

Kiara was trying her best not to ruin the dinner party they were having but Kiara felt like she had to leave before she exploded. "Kiara calm yourself down."said Kiara softly as she started breathing in out to smooth her nerves and calm herself down. Avoiding eye contact with her parents which were across from her she looked down at her plate. Kiara didn't even want to look at them for she was so mad at them that she could barely eat.
Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Atticus blinked a couple of times at Kiara's sudden angry outburst. Then, looking at her parents for a moment he realized what was going on. He looked back at Kiara as she said her whole life had been a lie. "You're parent's aren't muggles are they?" he whispered, as he began to put all the pieces of the puzzle together. Atticus looked over at his mother and father and noticed them giving him and Kiara a weird look. He glanced back at Kiara, before shaking his head at them. They shrugged and exchanged confused looks, before continuing to speak to Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence.

He wasn't that much in the mood for eating anymore, and he pushed his plate away. He could tell Kiara was too mad at her parents to eat, so he sighed and slowly began to get up from the table. "Mum, dad. Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence." he said softly."Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but may Kiara and I be excused?" he asked. He knew that both of them needed to get some fresh air, away from their parents. He felt it was getting a bit stuffy in the dining room, even if it was a huge room, probably the biggest of the entire house.

Jessica gave Atticus a stern look, which Atticus returned with his own, but there was a hint of pleading in his eyes that Jessica seemed to see and she nodded. "Very well. You're excused Atticus." she said. "Thank you mum." he said, and he turned his attention to Kiara's parents, hoping that they let her go as well. They would probably be able to see how angry Kiara was at them, and he knew that she needed to blow off steam somehow, before she exploded.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Lockwood Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Kiara nodded at Atticus question. "No their not love, which makes me a half-blood withc instead of a muggle-born like I thought."said Kiara softly. From Atticus parents looking at them to her parents looking at them Kiara just looked back at them and gave them a fake smile. When they returned to talking Kiara looked at Atticus and sighed. She wondered if her parents will tell her sooner or later that she was really a half-blood witch or would she just have to find out herself by asking them. Although she knew the outcome of it wouldn't go good at all.

Kiara looked up from her plate when Atticus asked if they could be excused from the table. He must of knew that she was to mad at her parents to eat. Atticus knew her quite well to know that she needed to get away before she exploded and ruined the whole party. Kiara already felt bad for leaving on them, but what was she suppose to do? She knew always talking to Atticus or just being with him alone always calmed her down when she was upset or in a bad mood.

Kiara's parents looked from Atticus to Kiara was who all the sudden standing by Atticus and nodded their heads in approval. "Yes you may go Kiara, but we'll going to talk when we get home."said her mother softly knowing her daughter was angry with them. "Yes mother, and thankyou."said Kiara softly as she grabbed Atticus hand. "Come on love, I seen their was a lake not to far from your house can we go their please if your parents don't mind?"Kiara asked him softly. "I don't mind as long as Atticus parents don't mind Princess."said Kiara's father.
Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:23 am

Atticus could barely believe what he was hearing. So, she wasn't a muggleborn witch, like she and he had thought. She was actually a halfblood. He sighed, that didn't really matter with his parents, especially his mother. Halfblood or muggleborn, they were the same in her eyes. He hated that about her, she always had to have the views that, if someone wasn't a pureblood, they shouldn't even be walking on the same earth as her.

Boy would she be mad to find out that her only son was marrying a girl who wasn't a pureblood.

He didn't care though. Kiara meant everything to him, and he was willing to break everything his mother had tried to teach him about blood purity being everything, for her. And only for her. He wasn't going to let his mothers ideals ruin his chance at happiness. At Kiara's mention of a lake near the house, Atticus heard Jessica laugh a bit. He looked at her and she raised her hands innocently. Sighing, he turned his head and attention back to Kiara.

"We own that lake." he told her. "The manor extends a bit beyond that lake. We pretty much own the half of the forest that this manor takes up too." he scratched the back of his head a bit shyly. He didn't like saying these kinds of things in front of others, it made him feel like he was being snooty and he didn't like it. "But sure love. We can go there if you like." he smiled at her, and gave her hand a little squeeze and began to walk about of the dining room.

He heard his mother say something else to him, but he ignored it. He really didn't want to hear her voice anymore, she was the reason why Kiara was angry with her parents right now. She was the one who just had to ask those questions that made her realize that she wasn't muggleborn. He sighed again, and looked at her once they were out of the house. "What are you going to do about this, Kiara?" he asked her.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Lockwood Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Kiara looked at Atticus and sighed. " I don't know love, I just don't know."said Kiara softly as she ran her hands through her hair. "I guess we just have to accept it love, there's nothing more we can do."said Kiara softly. "Although my parents did lie about it, I guess it's a bit better that I'm a laf-blood then muggle-born."said Kiara honestly. "Although I can't believe that they lied to me love, why would they do that?"Kiara asked him softly.

Kiara didn't understand why her parents kept it secret that they were really witches and wizards and she was really a half-blood. It wasn't that Kiara didn't like being a half-blood more then a muggle-born it was just the fact that her parents lied about who she was. As she seen the lake she smiled for it reminded of her the Hogwarts lake, peaceful and calm. It was something that she needed right about now, she needed some place quiet and calm to calm her nerves.

Kiara wondered what would happen once they were married, Kiara begin to wonder if his mother wouldn't make her life a living hell. Knowing that his mother pretty much hated her, Kiara knew that was likely to happen but she didn't care. There was nothing on earth that could stop he from loving and being with Atticus he was her whole world now and the love of her life. As they reached the lake Kiara set under the willow tree and looked at the lake and smiled.

"You know what's funny love?"Kiara asked him chuckling. "This lake kind of reminds of the Hogwarts lake."said Kiara softly. "I know I shouldn't be talking about school seeing how your about to graduate, but it does."said Kiara softly. "I know I already told you this, but it won't be the same without you next year."said Kiara softly.

Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top