Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor Empty Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor

Post by Caspian Ivanov Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Atticus looked at himself in the mirror and sighed softly. He tugged at the collar of his jacket, feeling very uncomfortable. He didn't want to wear the suit his mother had picked out for him. He couldn't help thinking what a disaster this would be. His mother had taken the letter he sent her as a home and she believed that Kiara was a pureblood like them. He'd tried to explain it to her, but Jessica wouldn't believe him. She had etched in her mind that Kiara was a pureblood and nothing would change that.

"Atticus!" his mother's voice broke into his thoughts and made him jump.

"Yes mum?" he called from his room.

"Get down here! Kiara will be here any moment!" she told him.

"Yes mum." he answered. He mumbled something under his breath and his mother seemed to hear it because she asked him what he had said. Atticus told her he didn't say anything and she said alright. He sighed and walked down the stairs from his room to the main entrance of the manor, where he found his mother in a bright red dress and his father in a gray suit. He was wearing a black suit, so it seemed his mother was out of place.

"Mum, why did you wear that?" he asked.

"What? Is it too bright?" she placed a fragile hand on her cheek.

"Yes it is mum. You knew that Dad and I were going to wear these colors. Why'd you decide to wear that bright red dress?" he asked her, knowing the answer already. His mother usually liked being the center of attention, so it was obvious she would wear something bright and lively when she knew that he and Miles were going to wear something not so bright. She smiled at him and he shook his head and sighed.

He really hoped that everything would go well tonight. But knowing his parents, especially his mother, it wouldn't be anywhere near normal.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor Empty Re: Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor

Post by Austin Lockwood Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:47 am

Kiara sat in front of her mirror examing herself in the mirror but honestly she was in deep thought of what Atticus parents would think of her. As she turned to her bed she seen a white strapless dress with black flowere and diamonds in it laying on her bed. Her and her mother both went shopping for it yesterday and Kiara's mother said she looked beautiful in it and Atticus parents would love it. Getting up from her mirror she went over to her bed and put the dress on. Putting on her white flats with a black bow on them she looked at herself one last time before she heard her mother voice from downstairs. "Kiara Every Lawrence get down here now or your going to be late!"said her mother. "Yes mother."said Kiara as grabbed Atticus black leather jacket and her matching mini purse that went with her dress and headed downstairs.

"Why don't you look beautiful princess."said her father smiling at her. "Thankyou father."said Kiara softly as she started messing with her hands. "Come on, we better get going."said her mother as they locked the door and gotten into the car. As they drove to the Bletchley Manor Kiara started to get more and more nbervous by the minute. As they finally reached the manor they parked in the circle drive and gotten out. Straighten her dress Kiara took a deep breath and walked to the door with her parents. As they rang the doorbell they waited for someone to answer.

Kiara's look

The longer Kiara waited the more nervous she gotten by the second. Kiara hoped that Atticus parents liked how she looked for she spent hours getting this way. Kiara's parents wanted Kiara to look nice but her mother especially wanted to show them that Kiara was a wealthy girl so everything she wore was fancy and real to the last diamond that was on Kiara's dress. Kiara kind of felt to fancy for her liking but she didn't argue with her mother for it didn't get her anywhere.
Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor Empty Re: Meeting the parents - Bletchley Manor

Post by Caspian Ivanov Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:32 am

Atticus sighed and found himself playing with his fingers as he waited. His mother straightened her dress and Miles stood there calmly as if this was nothing important. Don't get him wrong though, this was one of the most important events in his son's life and he was very happy and excited. Of course, he too thought that Kiara was a pureblood, all because his mother had told him that. Miles rarely thought for himself, he always looked for his wife's advice and let her make most of the decisions in their businesses.

"Stop playing with your fingers!" his mother warned.

"Yes mum." he said softly as he let his hands fall to his sides.

There was a ring from the doorbell and his mother snapped her fingers. At that moment one of their house elves, Melee, went to the door and answered it. Atticus looked up at the door as Melee answered it. His mother saw Kiara and her parents and her eyes shined. He merely stood behind his mother staring at Kiara. "Kiara.. you - " his mother cut him off.

"Hello!" She clapped her hands together. "Kiara darling. Nice to finally meet you!" she grabbed her wrists and pulled her into the house. Miles went up to her parents and smiled at them. "Good evening. I'm Miles, Atticus' father." he extended his hand to her father first then her mother. Atticus turned his attention to his mother and Kiara. His mother was waving at him to join them. He walked up to them and smiled sheepishly at Kiara. "Good evening Kiara. You look beautiful." he said and kissed her on the cheek.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Lockwood Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:07 pm

As Attcius mother dragged her in she looked at Atticus and then to his mother and gave her a soft warm smile. "Nice to finally meet you to Mrs. Bletchley, what a lovely place you have here!"said Kiara softly as she looked around the place. Evelyn and Joseph Lawrence shook Attcus father hand. "I'm Joseph and this is my wife Evelyn."said her father as her mother nodded. As Atticus walked up to her eyes sparkled happily at him glad that he was here. As he said she looked beautiful she blushed but then gave him a soft warm smile. "Thankyou love, my mother helped me pick out the dress and I spent hours getting ready I wanted to look nice."said Kiara softly. "You look very sharp and handsome as always love."said Kiara as she kissed him back on the cheek.

As Kiara's father turned to Atticus he smiled at him. "So... you must be the strapping young lad that my little princess won't quite talking about!"said Kiara's father. "Daddy don't scare him!"said Kiara in a begging voice as she looked at Atticus and gave him a sorry look. "I'm not Princess,fianlly pleased to meet you boy!" said Kiara's father as he stuck out his hand for Atticus to shake. "Oh god."Kiara said to herself hoping that her father wouldn't grip his hand to hard to where it hurts him like he did the other boys she use to date. Kiara knew how her father was to well. "Joey dear don't hurt the poor boy!" Kiara's mother muttered to him to where he could only hear her.

Kiara hoped that this night would go as smooth as ice but she didn't think it would but she could only hope that it did. Kiara walked over towards Atticus and took a hold of his hand but she wondered how long she would stay like that before someone pulled her away from him. Kiara was nervous and by holding Atticus hand she felt like everything was going to be ok.
Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Mon May 07, 2012 1:53 am

Atticus smiled at Kiara and he popped his collar up a bit. His mother smiled at him, as he had done what she had always taught him when he was a little boy. He always had to soak in any compliment that came to him, no matter who it came from. He rolled his eyes at his mother and took Kiara's hand. "I have to tell you something." he whispered in her ear, but before he could say anything else, Atticus found himself face to face with Kiara's father.

He extended his hand to shake Kiara's father's hand, and he looked back at Kiara when he heard her mother mutter something to her husband that he couldn't quite hear. He raised an eyebrow at her, and then he felt pressure being applied to his hand. He wasn't feeling much pain though, as Atticus had always been capable of taking a lot of pain. He returned the tight grip with a grin and then he pulled his hand away. He turned to say something to Kiara, but his mother interrupted him once more.

"Oh, it is so nice that my little boy finally found a good Pureblood girl to marry!" she exclaimed, Miles holding her by her waist.

Atticus felt himself wince and he bit his lip as he looked back at Kiara. His grip on her hand tightened a bit as he glanced at his mother, running her mouth about how it was great that their family would continue being a Pureblood family. "That's what I needed to tell you. I was just hoping that I would be able to tell you before my mum did that." he bit his thumb nail lightly for a moment.

"That's right. Our boy is lucky to have found a girl like Kiara. Pretty, smart and most of all she is a Pureblood." Miles backed up Jessica. Atticus let his hand fall from his mouth and he took a step forward. "Mum, Dad." he started. "Hush Atticus! We're trying to talk to Kiara's parents, dear." his mother said. "But mum -" he tried again. "Hush!" his mother says again and he sighed. Atticus went back to Kiara and he sighed, shrugging slightly.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Lockwood Mon May 07, 2012 2:25 am

"They think that I'm a pureblood, you didn't tell them that I was Muggleborn love?"Kiara whispered to where he can olny hear her. Kiara sighed for she knew this wasn't going to be a nice and lovely evening, if anything it would be total chaos. Kiara looked at Atticus and squeezed his hand. "Everything will be ok I promise love."said Kiara softly. Kiara sighed as they started talking about magic. "Oh god, this isn't good!" said Kiara softly. "We always knew Kiara was gifted and talented, after all she took alot after me!"said her father as he took out what appeared to be Kiara's wand.

Kiara's eyes widen and her grip tightened on Atticus hand. "Oh no!"said Kiara softly as she seen her father take out her wand. "Daddy, where did you get my wand at?"Kiara asked him softly but in a worried voice. "I got it from your dresser Princess, and it's not something you should leave around."said Kiara's father pointing her wand at her. "Daddy, put it down before you make something explode!"said Kiara softly. "Nonsense Princess, I know what I'm doing!"said Kiara's father. Kiara looked at him and then Atticus and sighed.

Kiara had a feeling that her father was hiding something from her, but she just couldn't figure out what. "Atticus love, what if I'm a half-blood and my father never told me he was a wizard?"Kiara asked him softly. "Would it make any different in this issue?"Kiara asked him softly but in a whsiper wondering if her being a half-blood was better then her being a muggle-born. If she really was a half-blood then it might make a difference in how they saw her. Although it really would matter to Kiara, she been living her whole life as a lie.

Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Mon May 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Atticus hesitated as he watched his mother and father go on and on, telling Kiara's parents about how they were so glad he was marrying another Pureblood. He looked at Kiara and sighed, nodding at her. "I'm sorry love. I've tried to tell then multiple times, but my parents won't listen. Or at least my mum doesn't. I think my dad has his suspicions about you being a pureblood, but I think he's just playing along with mum." he sighed. "I'm sorry." he smiled sadly.

He felt his eyes widen a bit as he saw Kiara's father pull out her wand. "Why does he have your wand?" he asked Kiara. "He has to be careful or else everything will be ruined!" he whispered. A muggle using a wand could prove disastrous, especially since his parents believed them to be Pureblood. His mother turned around to face Atticus and Kiara, and she raised an eyebrow at him. Jessica was obviously curious as to why they were so worried about Kiara's father having her wand.

Atticus smiled at his mother, acting as if it nothing was wrong. She gave him a suspicious look and turned bacl around. He turned his attention to Kiara again, and he looked at her with a confused expression. "Well, I'm not sure Kiara." he told her. "If your father is a pureblood, it might be better. But by marrying a muggle he is considered a blood traitor and that makes it harder to accept him. You being a halfblood also makes things worse. My parents don't accept halfbloods easily, mostly my mum. She wants to keep our family's pureblood status. My dad is a little more flexible, so he might accept you mire easily." he said rubbing his neck a bit.

The eighteen year old looked at his parents just in time to see Melee whisper something in his mother's ear. Jessica seemed to brighten up and she clapped her hands together. She waved Meele away and looked at everyonr brightly. "Well! It looks like dinner is ready!" she exclaimed. Melee had waited further up the house for everyone and now she waved them all towards her. "Melee shall take you all to dining room." Melee said and walked up the hall.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Lockwood Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Kiara sighed for there seemed like no matter what she did there was nothing she could do to make his parents to accept her. "I will never have them accept me."said Kiara softly but to where he could only hear her. Locking hands with him Kiara walked beside him towards the dining room scared how the rest of the night would go. Although,Kiara felt calmer when she was around Atticus for he protected her from any harm that comes towards her. It reminded her of the first time they met which made her smile at the memory of it.

No matter what happens Kiara knew there was nothing that could keep her from loving Atticus. He was what completed her and without him she felt like a lost puppy without a home or a owner. "Are they making you discuss wedding plans like mine are love?"Kiara asked him softly giving him a soft warm smile. Although she didnt mind it much, but she wanted to make some decisions. After all, it was going to be her and Atticus wedding so they had some decisions right?

Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspian Ivanov Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:26 pm

Miles and Jessica entered the dining hall before anyone else, and they looked around. Melee stared up at them, hoping she had done everything to their standards. His parents nodded in approval to Meele, and the house elf ran bowed before snapping her fingers and disappearing. His mother and father took their places at each end of the table. "Don't worry love. They'll eventually accept you, and even if they don't, it won't matter." he told Kiara. "I'll always love you, and they won't do anything because they know you make me happy." he kissed her on the cheek.

Atticus smiled and nodded at her. "Yes, they are. My mum is going crazy with the preparations." he chuckled softly. Knowing his mother as he did, she would have galla of sorts for the wedding, and then she would have huge after party. "Of course she realizes this isn't her wedding so she asks me what I think for everything." he smiled at her. Atticus walked to his usual seat and before he sat down, he motioned for Kiara and her parents to sit wherever they liked.
Caspian Ivanov
Caspian Ivanov
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Lockwood Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:02 am

"I know love, I just want them to accept me for who I am and not who they think I ama."said Kiara softly. Of course she wanted them to accept her, but she wanted to be accepted for who she was even if she was a half blood or muggle born. "I just want them to like me "saud and not hate me."said Kiara softly. Kiara smiled as he said he will always love her. "I will also love you to love."said Kiara softly. As his and her patents were talking to one another and not looking at them Kiara kissed him softly on the lips.

Kiara chuckled at what he said and nodded. "I know what you mean love, my mother been taking me wedding dress shopping every day this week!"said Kiara shaking her head. Not that Kiara minded it but her patents were not going to make plans when it was her wedding. Taking a seat beside Atticus she waited to see what would happen next. Kiara didnt want to be rude, after all it was not her house and Kiara was taught to be nice and polite. Kiara locked hands with with Atticus and gave him a soft warm smile.
Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top