New guidelines
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New guidelines Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New guidelines

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New guidelines Empty New guidelines

Post by Rhys O'Neill Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:14 am

Rhys walked onto the platform and looked around carefully. It was immediate the changes that had been made, and she smiled. Grindelwald was really taking this seriously! The Hogwarts Express was painted a dark shade of gray, and there were posters on the walls, everywhere. Rhys skipped over to one and read through it quickly. Hmm... muggle items confiscated? Did that mean even their clothes? Rhys frowned slightly at the use of force against students, but shrugged and turned around to look for her parents. They had wandered off to stay hello to old friends, and she sighed staring down the platform at them. They looked relatively pleased, but they weren't to happy with her. Her two sisters still in school had already disappeared off onto the train and she stood alone on the platform, alone, but surrounded by people.

Rhys shrugged and pushed her cart towards the train, taking Isabel, her kitten, out of her basket, and placing her carefully on her shoulder, she put the basket under her arm and skipped onto the train. It wasn't odd for her to be on the train, it was her fourth year at Hogwarts, what she wasn't expecting was the big mean looking security guards walking around with their arms out.. but of course they were there for her protection, they were keeping that vile man Robert from the school! It was needed! Rhys smiled at one of them and found an empty compartment, she was pretty early so there were lots of them. Setting Isabel onto the seat next to her, she kicked her feet up and stared around the compartment, her luggage was stowed above her, and her robes were up there, happy she was, and she kept her door open, hoping someone would join her.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 167

Back to top Go down

New guidelines Empty Re: New guidelines

Post by Ekko D'Eath-Augustine Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:44 am

Lysander walked onto the platform with his mother, father and brother a little in front of him. As usual his brother and father were talking about Quidditch related things that he wanted to be no part of. His mother looked at him over her shoulder and saw that he seemed down. She slowed down a little and walked with him. He didn't feel like talking though and she immeidately knew that, so she just walked along with him quietly, listening to all the chatter going on around them. Finally they reached the train, and Lysander was a little shocked to see the color change of the Hogwarts Express. He glanced around at the posters on the walls, and quickly read what one of them said. When he got to the muggle items confiscated rule, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the muggle music player he was planning to take with him. He turned to his mother and handed it to her. After Lysander turned in the direction where his father and brother had been talking. They had dispersed themselves. His father was talking to some of his friends, and his brother was already on the train, no doubt catching up with his friends.

He turned to his mother once more, she gestured for him to get on the train, and they hugged. Lysander planted a small kiss on his mother's cheek and walked into the train quietly. As soon as he stepped on he was greeted by a guard with his arm out. Lysander jumped a little, the guard had surprised him, and he managed a smile before he walked away towards the compartments. There were many empty compartments, and although usually Lysander would take an empty one, he didn't feel like being alone today. Going to his brother would be no good, his friends would just tease him until he left. So he walked along, looking into each compartment, trying to find one that had at least one person in it. He finally came across a compartment that had it's door open, and he stood at the door. "Mind if I join you?" he asked the girl inside.
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 424

http://twoworldscollide.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:51 am

Rhys looked up and grinned when a person walked in. She had been playing with her kitten, making it chase a piece of yarn around as it mewed lightly. It was young, obviously not full cat, but close enough to look like one. "Sure!" She grinned smiling at him. "I'm Rhys, Or you can call me anything you want really.." She said pronouncing her name like the word Rice. "Lots of people call me lots of different things, from Rice to Reece's pieces to just HIsss." She grinned at him and gestured to the seat across from her. "Rhys O'Neill.. by the way." She said smiling at him and leaning forward so she didn't look quite as lazy as she had when he first came in, her hair falling in front of her face, she puffed out a breath of air and the strand flew up in front of her, before landing squarely on her face again. She went cross eyed looking at it, before she puffed again and it fell out of the way.

Focusing back on him she grinned. "What do you think of all the changes? I bet a bunch of the older students are gonna be aaannngrrryyy." She said grinning at him and playing with the same strand of hair she had had problems with, before stopping and leaning back, scooping up her kitten into her arms. "This is Isabel, she's my cat..." She said stating the obvious before grinning at him. "Hmm... I've seen you around before.. I swear I have.. you're not a Gryffindor though are you?" She smiled at him lightly before glancing up at her stuff. She wondered just how thoroughly her bag would be checked, she had a few things hidden in there she really didn't want taken, but as it was, if they did it didn't really matter.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:14 am

After all the stuff with his parents, about his mother being pregnant and stuff, and talking to his sister, and making a new friend, Alex walked around the train, his sister had already made friends pretty quickly so she sat in a cabin with them, all the cabins were full, he had just remembered the stuff he had been through, a kid should not have been throught that many things, he was just born with a keen eye for details. He loved solving mysteries, he turned to his parents and gave them his phone, pager, Ipod, and gun. "You carry a gun?!" His dad asked, right at that question, Alex ran into the train, not caring for anything, didn't want to go back home and be grounded.

Alex saw a cabin with two kids, one his age and one younger than him, "'Scuse me, can I sit here?" Alex said peeling his head in. Waiting for an answer from the two kids. He had his clothes and stuff ready for Hogwarts.

Last edited by Alexander Jones on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Another year, another train trip.

It was Sam's fifth time to take the long-awaited trip on the scarlet train bound for Hogsmeade station, taking him and the rest of the school to their home for the next few months.

He was mildly sad to see the holidays go, the freedom was exhilerating, he couldn't deny it, but after the first few weeks it began to wear off, and this holidays had opened on such an awful note, he was almost longing for the routine and normality of the new school term.

So it was after a quick farewell to his mother and father at the entrance to King's Cross station that he welcomed the start of the structured life that awaited him. The deadline of the train, the specific wall to walk through, it felt like a welcome change, and as the barrier gave way for him to walk through, it felt to him like a wave of relief (rather than one of concrete and mortar)

"What the," he muttered to himself as he broke through the other end of the platform, his eyes met not by the age old train, but instead by a dim, bleak monstrosity, and by walls filled with posters.

Grabbing one such poster he frowned as he read it before throwing it onto the ground. Who would bring muggle things to Hogwarts anyway, it's not like any of it worked... but hopefully they didn't include clothes in that. What he'd do without his board shorts, he did not know.

Boarding the train he looked about before spotting one or two faces from his classes.

A bunch of fourth years by the looks of it... still, he wasn't going to be picky, half of his own grade were pretentious morons, so maybe it would be a welcome change.

"Any room in here?" He asked, sticking his head inside the door. "My god, what is going on with this train?" he muttered, his voice lowering as a burly looking guard walked past.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekko D'Eath-Augustine Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Lysander smiled at the kitten chasing a piece of yarn and sat down in the seat across from the girl. "Thanks." he smiled slightly. "Rhys? That's a nice name." he said. "I'm Lysander Scamander." he added softly. As she tried to blow her hair out of her face, Lysander couldn't help but let a small laugh out. He looked around quickly as if looking for something, which he was. "You haven't seen a gray and white, cat around here have you?" he asked her. "Well, he's still more of a kitten, his name is Lucio." he said, waving his hand a little. He heard a little mew from under the seat and he leaned down to look under it. "Ah, there he is." he said picking up his fluffy little companion.

Lysander looked from his kitten to Rhys. "Um... well the changes don't really bother me." he shrugged. At her comment of the older students being angry, Lysander let out a laugh. "I bet they will be. Most of them don't like being told what to do. Or having rules." he said. He srugged a little and put Lucio next to him. "No, I'm in Ravenclaw." he responed. "So, I'm assuming you're in Gryffindor?" he asked her, feeling a little stupid. He turned a little when he heard someone talk from the door. He thought he wouldn't really have much say in whether or not these two boys could sit there, after all Rhys was the first one to be in the compartment. He shurgged a little and looked at the girl, "What do you say?" he asked her.
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhys O'Neill Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Rhys grinned broadly at the kitten he had. "Lucio! How adorable!" She grinned and leaned back in her seat messing with her hair, before looking up when two more boys walked into the compartment, she looked at Lysander and grinned. "Sure! Go ahead, it's an open compartment." She said grinning at them and moving over so that they could sit down, taking Isabel with her, and sitting next to the window. "I'm Rhys." She said, grinning at the boys, pronouncing it like the food Rice. "Fourth year Gryffindor at your service!" She said saluting to the boys and grinning at them. "What's your names?" She pointed first at the boy who had walked in ahead of the other, and then at the boy who had walked in behind. She frowned when the boy talked about the train. "It's for our protection buster." She said putting her hands on her hips before picking up Isabel and putting her on her shoulder. The little black kitten mewled and looked around the room with wide eyes, as though even she was waiting for someone to prove Rhys wrong.

"Didn't you read the posters? I bet there's something wrong with the spells that are put around the train, so they gotta camouflage it better until they can get the spells back into place, what do you reckon?" She asked, looking around the room. She had a rather odd accent, as though she had spent a lot of time in other places, but the majority of her time in Britain, it was predominately a British accent, but there was a twist of Scottish, American, even some Asian and African sounding to it, but those were a lot less. She looked around at the boys and grinned. Her mother would be proud, knowing she was acting like they wanted her too and being all boyish with the boys, even if she was a bit more... feminine these days, she could still get rough, if need be. "Where you guys from anyway? Did you go to the announcement of the new Minister? I didn't get to go.." She looked around at them all, bright eyed and grinning, waiting for someone to respond.
Rhys O'Neill
Rhys O'Neill
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekko D'Eath-Augustine Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:39 pm

Lysander smiled widely. "I've had Lucio for only a few months." he said. "But my family has had his mother for a few years." he added happily. He looked down at Lucio and gently rubbed under his chin. Lucio began to purr and his eyes closed, showing he was enjoying what Lysander did to him. Lucio quickly stopped purring and gazed at the two boys who walked in, his eyes narrowing. Lucio still wasn't very used to being around too many people. His fur stood on end and he crouched, with his ears flat to his head. Lysander stopped rubbing his chin and lifted him into his arms. "It's alright, Lucio. They won't hurt you." he said softly to the kitten, and he petted Lucio's head for a moment. Lucio mewed softly, and went back to purring. Lysander had slid down the seat going near the window to make room for one of the two boys.

Lysander nodded at Rhys comment. "She's probably right. I bet there is something wrong with the spells on the train." he agreed with her. He stared at her for a moment, before stifling a laugh at Rhys accent. He didn't want to seem rude. "I'm from... here." he said softly, stroking the now sleeping Lucio's fur. He didn't want to place Lucio on the seat next to him or on his lap, for fear of waking the little kitten up. He looked up to the ceiling for a moment, then looked back down, "I did get to go either." he shrugged. "My mother thought it best for my brother and I not to go, but my father insisted on taking my brother to it." he said. "I don't know why." he added, sighing.
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
Ekko D'Eath-Augustine
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Alex looked at the boy and the kids, "Hi, I'm a fourth year Hufflepuff and Detective, at your service." Alex said, usually in the muggle world he refered to himself as a High School Detective, even though he wasn't in high school, he was in Hogwarts. Alex put his trunk away and sat down next to the girl, Rhys. He had his owl with him. "This is my owl Platio, he was a dog right before I was a first year, we turned him into a kitten so I could take him, but everytime he saw his reflection, he chase himself, so my mother turned him into a Owl. And he's gotten used to it." Alex said.

"The bus is painted like this for camoflouge, and I took left my stuff with my parents, because since the Battle For Hogwarts, as we all took place in, the security in the Ministry has risen and thanks to the new Minister this place is on total lockdown, we aren't even allowed on Hogsmeade." Alex said, "although you guys probably aready knew that." He said, sure that they were. The Half vampire used superspeed and let his other gun in his moms bag and cameback and sat down, Alex was sure the hadn't known because he was super fast.

Alex looked around to see if he could make any deductions.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:45 pm

((Vampires don't have super speed in the HP world >.> So imma gone ignore your post Alex, sorry))

Sam cocked an eyebrow as the girl spoke and chuckled darkly as he entered the compartment, taking her response to be an invitation.

"You honestly believe that dribble? We're at far more danger from those people," he said, sliding the door closed behind him as he entered, "than we are from anyone else," he told them all, shaking his head.

"The battle was to liberate us, you lot clearly don't know things I do... did you know that about 5 students were kidnapped the week before the attack, and that they had the approval of some of the Death Eater staff members to do that? The Order and Ministry arrived to liberate us, not to attack us. Don't believe what you read," he said sternly.

"As for repainting the train... camouflage is nothing when magic is concerned, one homenum revelio... that's a spell you'll probably learn this year," he added as a side note, "one spell and we're all lit up. No, it's to inspire fear, and to try and stamp down our pleasure here," he said smartly.

"And getting rid of muggle items... it's just racial bigoting, I'dve thought anyone could see that," he said.

He sounded like a know-it-all, there was no denying it, but he couldn't believe that people believed what was being said...
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top