Potter's Army- 4th Meeting
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Potter's Army- 4th Meeting Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Potter's Army- 4th Meeting

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Potter's Army- 4th Meeting Empty Potter's Army- 4th Meeting

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:52 am

Jack wished she knew what was going on in the wizarding world. Then she could at least have a focus for Potter's Army. Everyone looked up at her, waiting patiently, and impatiently in some cases, for her to just get on with it and tell them what will be expected of them that night.

"Okay, you guys, I've realized that these have been little more than study groups. But what use are they if you can't use everything properly, under a stressful circumstance. So here it is. I'll teach you spells once lesson, then I'll expect you to know them by the next one, know when to use them, and you'll have a task to demonstrate you ca do it. Then we'll spend the rest of the lesson perfecting them."

She stopped. "This isn't a class so don't freak out, but take it seriously, okay? So here are the spells you'll need for next week. Stupefy, the Stunning Spell. Most of you should have that down." She turned and pointed at some dummies along the back wall. "Stupefy!" The dummy flew backwards.

"Next, Impedimenta. It slows down something. Watch." The flicked her wand at a dummy in the corner that was on tracks and it began to zoom towards her. "Impedimenta!" It immediately slowed.

"Then Accio, the Summoning Charm." She turned and pointed at a pile of pillows. "Accio!" One flew from the stack and landed in her arms. "Then there's Reducto." She threw the pillow in the air and pointed her wand. "Reducto!" The pillow burst into a poof of feathers.

She nodded. "Then when you get the chance, come over to me and I'll send a spell at you and you'll block it with Protego, the Shield Charm. Last but not least, start working on your Patronuses. The key is to think of a super happy memory and say-" She turned pointing her wand at the center of the room. "Expecto Patronum!" A silver wolfhound lept from her wand and galloped a few feet before turning to look at her. She nodded and it disappeared.

She turned to the group. "It's a lot to do. Get cracking."

(I'm going to do this saying you all entered, so we don't have three weeks of people entering. Just go ahead with practicing everything.)
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Potter's Army- 4th Meeting Empty Re: Potter's Army- 4th Meeting

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:02 am

“Sweet.“
Mis grinned when she heard Jack's plan for today. Spells. Though, she knew all of them what were named, she still could use some practice. She took out her wand and listened carefully what the leader had to say. Oh well, she wasn't going to make some pillows fly into her hand, and then blow them up. No. They did that in first year.
She turned herself around to look at the younger students who also were in PA and sighed quietly. Will this lesson be the same as the last time? Hopefully not.
When Jack finished, she turned herself around. “Hey, Jack,“ she grinned at the leader, and stepped away from the other members.

“Give me your best shot.“ Mis was always ready for everything. And if there was anything to do with a duel, even if it was just a practice, she was ready for it.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Kubin Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:18 pm

Jack stood there taking everything in. He hadn't practiced Patronuses in a while. He spun his wand around in between his fingers and focused on some happy memories. The time he almost ran over his step-dad with his bike? NO. The time he met the famous soccer player, Lionel Messi? NO. The time he ate his Birthday Cake the day before his birthday? Close. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He focused on one dream. The day he was accepted into hogwarts. It was probably his favorite memory. The joy on his moms face was Irriplacable. He set his jaw, raised his wand, and claimed the Patronus Spell. A silver whisp emerged from his wand and dissapated quickly. Was that a Bear? a Horse? Jack couldn't tell. He sighed and practiced again.
Jack Kubin
Jack Kubin

Number of posts : 487

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:17 am

Hitame stood there with her arms crossed, listening ti Jack. The spells seemed simple enough, though she hadn't tried them all before. I guess i'll try Stupify first.. she though walking over to the dummies. Stupify seemed like the best one to try first. Hitame stood in front of the dummy and took out her wand. She aimed it at the dummy. "Stupify" she said, and watched as the spell hit the dummy. It didn't move very much, and Hitame shrugged. She kept casting Stupify on the dummy.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:40 pm

(Mis and everyone: godmode Jack throwing spells at you if you need. I don't want this to be full of dueling because people will be trying to post. So just say Jack is throwing spells at you and show your charcter blocking them.)
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:00 am

Xemnas was very confident at a couple of the spells they were doing this evening. He had seen almost all of them shot at him and he's even casted a few. The only one that he was worried about not getting right was the patronus charm. He knew what it did just hadn't perfected it yet. He started with the spells he already knew first. He got in place and watched as the training dummy scrolled after him. He incited accio, but failed the first time. Xemnas wasn't in the least surprised knowing he was a little rusty after the accident. He now incited averte statura, his most favorite spell, to put the dummy back in place. He got into his stance again and incited accio one more. The dummy's wand went flying back and Xemnas watched as it slided on the floor."One down, plenty more to go" Xemnas said. He then chose what would be his next spell.

"Might as well get the protego over with the spell that my brother uses frequently" Xemnas thought. He walked slowly to Jack unheistantly. He sighed " Jack can I finish protego already with you. I'm pretty sure I'll get it no problem" Xemnas said feeling pretty confident. It was obviously a pretty stupid move since he just came out of the hospital with a cast which he now realizes he didn't need. Wow I'm an idiot Xemnas thought.

"fine, but just remember I'm not gonna hold back" Jack replied.

"Please, I don't even need to know this" Xemnas scoffede. With an ego setting in. He walked away from her, and got into stance once again.

"Averte Statura" Jack said, she had caught Xemnas off guard and fell to the ground. Jack gave him a devious smirk. "I warned ya" Jack said.

Xemnas got on his feet, a little bit unsteady from the fall. "Shoot it again" Xemnas said looking fairly mad.

"Averte Statura" Jack repeated. The spell went flying and Xemnas finally casted protego at it.

"Your gonna need more work with it, ask more people." Jack said. Xemnas left and worked on other spells.
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 823

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Leslie Darling Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:51 am

((sorry for the late reply))

Leslie nodded and pointed her wand at the death eater dummy. "Stupefy!"said Leslie as she knocked the death eater dummy back. "Seems like I mastered that spell, but still alot more spells I need to know like Impedimenta."said Leslie softly to herself. "Pointing her wand in front of her. "Impedimenta!"said Leslie softly as nothing happened she frowned. "Maybe my wand movement isn't right."Leslie thought to herself as he cleared her throat. "Impedimenta!"said Leslie softly as the spell came out out her wand but it wasn't strong enough to do anything. "Um.. Jack, what am I doing wrong?"Leslie asked her frowning not able to figure out what she was doing wrong.
Leslie Darling
Leslie Darling
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:08 am

Jack nodded at Mis and Xem as she finished with each of them, leaving them to the advice and the encouragement she had given. She liked this system better. She was able to roam and adjust people, pick up wands, correct pronunciations, fix wand flourishes, make things more challenging or easier depending on the needs.

Leslie called her over and Jack assessed the problem. She chewed her cheek thoughtfully and then reached out to raise Leslie's arm which had been a little low. "Put a tad more force into the incantation. You're saying it. It needs to be more of a declaration. You're not asking your wand to perform the spell. You're working with it to do it. It needs strength to deliver strength. Impedimenta!" she demonstrated on the approaching dummy, using her usual strength, keeping her arm level and steady. "Understand? Try it now."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:10 pm

((OOC: I'm not good at godmoding))

After Mis and Jack were done dueling, she watched how Jack handeled Xemnas. For her, those spells weren't new, and she has been using them since fourth year more than needed. That happens when you are adopted by a new family. A family that has a lot of enemies. If someone was messing with Lupins, they were also messing with her, and she was usually the one who got caught or who was harmed seriously. Last time she was shot by multipile bullets but thanks to Robert she actually saw the next day.
But in other cases it was her fault as well.
Dueling was something that she loved. It was fun, dueling improved her moves and more importantly she began to learn new spells which were only helpful.
"Okay, so if someone wants to improve their skills then I'm free !"
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:43 pm

Hitame watched Jack duel Mis and then Xemnas. She forgot about the dummy and watched her duel with Xem. When they were done she smiled and heard Mis say something about someone wanting to improve their skills. She looked back at the dummy and thought she had done practice with it. She figured that she might as well get some practice with someone more experienced in dueling, and since Mis seemed to be the only who was free, she seemed like the best choice. Hitame walked up to her, taking one last look at the dummy. "Hey, Mis? Could you help me with some of the spells?" she said shyly. She gripped her wand and waited to see what Mis said.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top