Potters Army
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Potters Army Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Potters Army

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Potters Army Empty Potters Army

Post by Darren Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:00 am

Quick question..

Potters army. Thats the sites name. WHY is it though? what relation does POTTERS ARMY have to do with our roleplay? Most sites are named after Hogwarts cause they RP there and etc. But Potters Army just seems like a really random name..

So I think we should either change something on the site or change the sites name. Dumbledores Army should be named : Potters Army. Seeing as Dumbledore is dead, that makes absolutely no sense to keep it the DA.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Potters Army Empty Re: Potters Army

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:17 pm

I'd thought of that as well. I'd say change the DA to PA as it's Potter's Army rebelling.
I would say the meaning of the name is in the fact that the "good" side (OotP, DA, etc.) is fighting on behalf of Harry now, making them as a whole Potter's Army.

Potters Army Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:27 pm

The name of site doesn't seem random to me.I would suggest we keep it and besides we are all used to pottersarmy by now.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:44 am

That, and in the books the DA had jack squat to do with Dumbldore, it was just named that in honour of him, he didn't even know of it's existence. Sure, perhaps we should have a PA faction, but t'would be to no avail, for the very reason of changing the name from DA to PA would be because D is dead, whereas P is too, so meh. Anyhoo, perhaps the plot needs to be altered, have a shared account between admins for HP himself, and then make the PA faction?
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:42 am

Harry potter is dead, but the other potters arent. And Mari, you can't just say, oh its not random, and not even give any reason to why you think it is.. Anywho Jess, i dont think the plot should be altered when we have so many potters already!
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:08 am

I know, but i don't think we need to have all of us in the plot. Seems kind of confusing. Never really got it.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:52 pm

It's hard to explain Darren although I'll try.Potters Army would mean something like supporters of Harry Potter although he is dead like we all know from the plot.We are his followers.Even when Voldy was dead he still had his followers.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:10 am

Not really, they all went into seclusion, and those that remained, ended up in Azkaban.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top