Reports - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Reports - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Reports

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reports - Page 2 Empty Re: Reports

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:39 am

We did have that once Jack, it wasn't updated much. But if someone was willing to do so it could work!

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:43 am

The Leaky Cauldron: The Leaky Cauldrom is very active indeed but has a ALOT of dead threads in there. Although there's six topics that are active in the Leaky Cauldron There ar:e
First Big Break, A Minor Crack (open topic that needs reply)
Gloomy rainy days, but happy faces!
Life is a work of art!
What do you want..to do?
Conversations can be boring if you let them

Now.... onto the streets of London:As always the Steets on London is a very popular place for Rping but it also has a ALOT of dead threads. There are a couple of threads I found that are active were are:
Silent Scream
Time to make a come back
Preaching on the corner
and a couple more

and last but not lease Diagon Alley:The stores are coming along although the only shop that seems active is Sparks and BlueMoon Nightclub. It has a couple of dead threads in there but also has a couple of active ones as well but nothing plot related
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Vito Dee Symons Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:05 pm

I'll have the "open thread" section up and ready soon. I like the idea. It will help with a lot of things.

*edit*

The thread is up and ready to be put to use.
Vito Dee Symons
Vito Dee Symons

Number of posts : 797

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:06 pm

Sixth Floor

The Sixth Floor is clean with 3 Rp Topics In the Dueling arena. And 2 Rp Topics in Doyle's office 1 is his Office.
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:50 pm

The Leaky Cauldron: The Leaky Cauldrom is very active indeed but has a ALOT of dead threads in there. Although there's three topics that are active in the Leaky Cauldron There ar:e
First Big Break, A Minor Crack
Gloomy rainy days, but happy faces!
Life is a work of art!

Now.... onto the streets of London:As always the Steets on London is a very popular place for Rping but it also has a ALOT of dead threads. There are a couple of threads I found that are active were are:
Onto another relative
Time to make a come back
Preaching on the corner
and a couple more

and last but not lease Diagon Alley:The stores are coming along although the only shop that seems active is Black Raven Bookshop, Blue Moon Nightclub, Cafe Twin Montez, Elldirs Wands, Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour, Flourish & Blotts, Murray's Place, Slug & Jiggers' Apothecary, Sparks Bistro & Bakery, Staffs and Sticks Sporting Arena, Twinks and Twiggs Toy Shoppe, Weasley's Wizards Wheezes. There's a couple of topics open and there but ALOT of dead ones.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Ground Floor

• Enterance Hall- We only have two threads there, ironically both are between Elijah and Hufflepuffs. I locked one of them because I'm pretty sure it's done (if not, Eli's a global mod, it'll be easy enough to unlock) and the other one is still active. Slow, but active. No new developments.
  • Great Hall- The biggest development here is the meeting between the champions, but the thread seems to have no direction. We need a central authority, one of the Ministry judges, perhaps, to lead the meeting. Besides that is just sub-plotting.
Grounds

• Grounds- There are three open and unresponded threads in the grounds. I locked the Chasing Butterflies thread because it is done.
  • Herbology- The last post in these classes was back on Oct 9th... There needs to be a message sent out to the students to inform them to post.
  • Great Lake- I locked the thread 'I Can't Stand the Silence' because it is done. There is one open mass thread there and another open one. Besides sub-plotting, not much to report.
  • Forbidden Forest- There are two fairly active threads here, and two fairly dead ones. If there is no change by my next report for these, I will notify the RPers that I'm locking the threads.
  • Quidditch Stadium- There is one mass thread open to all those on a team. Also, all four teams have begun try-outs. I locked two completed threads. There are also 2 other open, smaller threads that have been replied in. No plot developments to my knowledge.
Seventh Floor

• Seventh Floor- I locked the only two threads in the main forum, because they were completed. Besides some juicy sub-plotting, no major developments.
  • Alchemy- Again, last post was Oct 9th. PMs need to go out to students.
  • Study Room- No new developments/threads.
  • Room of Requirement- I would lock a completed thread there, but apparently I don't have that permission. If that could be fixed, that'd be lovely. The Study Group is still going, and I think it would be nice to encourage people to join and possibly incorporate it into the plot. Maybe it could be the root of some school rivalries. As of now, everyone is getting alone... but that could change. Also, the first PA meeting will show up there soon, so watch out for it.

Knockturn Alley

• Knockturn- Someone finally posted in the open thread, but otherwise, no changes. I deleted one incredibly old topic because it had a demon attack in there that never really went anywhere...
  • Blood Bank- No new developments.
  • Satin's- Sub-plotting, but nothing major.

PS... Yes, another idea, and this has to also do with roleplay requests. Perhaps a more accessible list of need/wanted characters. Like a Character Wishlist, so people who need a spouse/sibling/etc can post a general app and see if anyone willing to make it would be interested. Or a Plot Wishlist, which could be the same, but broader. Like 'I want a group of students to form a clique. In the clique we'd need a leader, a right-hand-man, a betrayer," etc... Yeah, I mentioned this in suggestions, but this is viewed more often... so...
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:33 am

First Floor:
DADA classes are up and running smoothly, albeit slowly.

Fifth Floor:
Transfiguration has new topics up for the next classes.

Ravenclaw Tower:
Almost completely dead save for the Quidditch Sign Up topic.

Forest of Dean:
There's one topic which has its last post dated in September. Two more who's last ones were in October. Looking for permission to delete these.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:19 am

Jaquellene "Jack" Dyllan wrote:
PS... Yes, another idea, and this has to also do with roleplay requests. Perhaps a more accessible list of need/wanted characters. Like a Character Wishlist, so people who need a spouse/sibling/etc can post a general app and see if anyone willing to make it would be interested. Or a Plot Wishlist, which could be the same, but broader. Like 'I want a group of students to form a clique. In the clique we'd need a leader, a right-hand-man, a betrayer," etc... Yeah, I mentioned this in suggestions, but this is viewed more often... so...

We do have a character wish list, it's just hard to use because it's closed to members and I think it's in the claims area instead of the character creation area. Somewhere I never think to look, I know because I've considered creating some of those characters before and could never find the thread.

As for the plot wish list, I've always used the plot request forum for that, anyway. I'd actually love to see the plot request forum revamped so that it does work in a more collaborative way. Right now, we get a lot of threads in there that are so open, they don't get replies. It's really more of a thread request forum, in that most people starting topics there are usually asking for someone to RP with their character/s, instead of having a story-arc already in mind.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:25 am

I have the same problem with the character request thread, because every time it seems I want to look at it and review it, I can't seem to find it. I was just suggesting we make it more accessible, more visible, and a little easier to use. Maybe a little more in depth too, because those forms don't give me much to work with, personally.

And that's my problem with th e plots... They are either ignored or used like roleplay request. I like them so I can check the plot of a character I'm RPing with just to see what take jack or whoever I'm using would take on them. By Plot Wishlist, I mean if you want to, give an overview of the plot you want to for your character (if you have one) or plans or whatever, and people can see if their charries fit in somewhere. I do most of my plotting in the cbox or IM, so this would make it so people can get some variety in their plot.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:36 am

Yep, I know what you meant. I don't actually use the plotting forum, because it seems redundant to me and nobody ever wants to become part of my characters' network anyway. In fact, that's what it is; it's your character's network of friends and enemies, not their plot.

In news teneously related to forum activity, James Wilson's puppeteer has used the same introductory post for every single lesson with each of his characters. I know he's had the most classes up, but I suspect it's because he's not bothering to write new posts. Besides that, Wilson and Doyle's classes consist of little more than his characters calling the students names.
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top