Learning to fly
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Learning to fly Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Learning to fly

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Learning to fly Empty Learning to fly

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:35 pm

It was time....

Chase hated the idea, she hated the thought, but she knew that she had to. It wasn't like she would be playing Quidditch or anything, but it was time that she learned how to fly! The broom she had borrowed was shaking in fear at being near her. "Oh stop it! I'm not going up high, I just want to try!" She said and the broom slowly calmed down. At least it wouldn't buck her off anyway. She was having a baby, and she was with the son of the famous Quidditch Player, maybe she should at least know what it was like to be on the broom. Maybe if she was pregnant and on the broom, Kitty would like flying too. There was a chance anyway.

Chase carefully mounted and realized this broom actually had a pretty good cushioning charm. She felt like she was sitting on a seat, even though it wasn't visible, she smiled slightly and looked down, feeling much more confident then before. "Okay broom, we're only going up a little ways.. and coming back down okay?" She said carefully, keeping her voice even, as though it would calm down the broom. Taking in a deep breath, she kicked off the ground and shot like a cork into the sky. She yelped and hung onto the broom tightly.

"I said only a little ways!" She cried out, clinging the broom with her eyes shut tight. The broom evened out and she stayed with her eyes shut tight and the broom hanging almost fifty feet in the air. "Go down, go down! To high!" She slowly opened her eyes and looked around. She was on a thin piece of wood, fifty feet in the sky, and the broom seemed content on letting her sit there until she learned how to move. "Oh come on.. move.. please?" She sat completely still, her eyes darting around, her head looking from side to side. "How do I get down?!" She whimpered and looked around the Quidditch Pitch, absolutely terrified.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Learning to fly Empty Re: Learning to fly

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:41 am

Adam had figured he should get back on the broom and wonder what went wrong that night. He was replaying the events in his head all the way down to the Hogwarts Pitch. He was sure it was the size of the pitch. He just wasn't used to it that was it! Well he'd need to get used to it if he was going to be playing againts Hogwarts teams this year that's for sure. As he walked through the entrance and onto the pitch he noticed someone flying in the air. It was a girl ; he could tell from the screaming. He didn't know who it was, he needed a better look. He walked outwards toward the middle of the pitch, right underneath the flyer. It was too little too late before he realized she was wearing a rather short skirt. His eyes widened and then he looked away. All he say was a little bit of black and he looked away blushing. He looked back upwards keeping his eyes off of the spot and noticed it was Chase. All of a sudden he felt brave, he felt like ne needed to do something. He had his broom in his hand...and anoth-nevermind.

He hopped on and flew upwards towards her, she wasn't too far off the ground. He had fallen from a higher position. If she fell she would only have broken a rib or bruised an arm or something if she knew how to fall. He flew towards her, no within earshot. "Need some 'elp?" he asked her. He grabbed her waist and lifted her off the broom. He had perfect balance on his broom and she wasn't all that heavy. But he just managed to stay on the broom. He wobbled a bit but he was holding onto the broom with one arm. "Well zen, what on eartg were you doing?" he asked her grinning widley. She was on his lap, but it was all safe down there so he was alright.

"You should always 'ave a buddy wiz you eef eet ees your first time flyeeng." he told her lowering them down to the ground. The broom she was on had taken off towards the forest surrounding the castle. They reached the ground and he put her on the grass, he was still floating a few feet in the air.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:47 am

Chase stared at the ground, completely at a loss for how to get on when suddenly someone came up to her and literally lifted her off her broom. She yelped and spun around and realized it was Adam. "Oh, it's just you!" She said visibly relaxing. "I'm sorry." She said her arm wrapped around his neck, and she was clinging to him. "I thought I would learn to fly, I mean... I've never actually learned! I thought maybe I would.. ya know.. teach myself, but suddenly the broom was so high, and it wouldn't go back down!" She felt her feet touch the ground and she looked at him, slightly hovering over her, so that he was taller then she was. "Thanks so much, but oh no! The broom, that's a borrowed one, I don't want to lose it!" She said pointing at the broom as it went drifting away.

She looked at Adam and smiled, realizing that he had basically just saved her. She curtsied low and looked up at him. "I am forever in your debt Adam! You just saved my life I swear.. the baby wouldn't have survived a fall from that high.. that's why I won't try out for the Quidditch Team.. that and I can't fly.. but... I don't want to hurt the baby, that's why I was so afraid of moving on the broom.. what if I fall off.. how do you not fall off?" She asked reaching up and touching the broom with the tips of her fingers, a smile on her face. "But really, if there is anything I can do to repay you for helping, just tell me and I'll do it! I promise!" She grinned and let her hand fall from the broom.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:57 am

"I'm keeping your word to zat." he told her grinning after she said she'd repay him later. He wouldn't make her do anything terrible. Maybe just for the fun of it he'll ask her to do his laundry or something. No harm in that right..or is there? Nah there really isn't. He looked at the broom, "Eef I can save zat you owe me double repayment!" he told her before zooming off towards the broom. He pulled out his wand and muttered Accio. The broom came flying into his hand, this knocked him off balance. However he managed to hold on placing the other broom underneath him. He floated back down, this broom was much worse that his Firebolt. It was slower as well. But he eventually made it to the ground tossing the older one on the ground next to Chase.

He watched her hand, it looked so soft. He wanted to reach out and touch it. But he thought against it, he wanted to feel it though. The softest hands he had ever held were his own mothers. She was a beautiful lady, looking younger than she actually was. But that was off subject. He snapped back into reality for...well he lost track for that week already. "Don't mention eet. It went ze ecact same way when I first started." he told her smiling at her. "But if you really want to learn ze basics. I can 'elp you..." he said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:03 am

Chase laughed when he flew off to retrieve her broom, and almost screamed when he almost fell off. She watched with fear as he came back, and then threw the broom down beside her. "Thank you so much!" She said and laughed. "Sure, I do owe you double!" She said shaking her head with a laugh. "Well, it's so scary! I mean, I get up there, and I don't want to fall or anything.. I mean, I've been up way higher then that! But... the fact that only a little tiny bit of wood is keeping you from falling to the ground and breaking your neck.." She shook her head and sighed. "It scares me.. but.." She looked at him and then smiled.

"I would like it if you'd help me.." She said smiling at him. "It would be really nice actually.. because I'm sure I'll hurt myself if I keep at the pace I'm going.. or I won't get to the ground again. I just want to know a little bit.." She said carefully, her eyes watching him and how at ease he was on the broom. How could someone feel.. comfortable on a broom? It felt all wrong to her, like it was just wanting to buck her off and fly off while she fell to the ground, with nothing to break her fall. She pulled out her wand tentatively. "If I fall, I'm doing a cushioning charm.." She said shaking her head. "It'll at least keep me from hurting myself to badly." She laughed and moved closer to him, admiring his broom. "Is this.. a firebolt? It's beautiful I must admit." She said running her fingers over the name on the handle.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:13 am

Adam couldn't help but laugh out loud as she pulled out her wand. He had tried that once, he couldn't perform it before he fell to the ground. He had a bruised but for a week after that. "Oh well you'll need to be quick wiz a wand for zat to work before you go SPLAT!" he told her still laughing. He stopped himself from laughing. Her hand was on the end of his broom, was she doing this on purpose. He quickly got off the broom as he was floating on it. He kept it hover in the air, it was simple. You just needed to get of gracefully for this to happen. Besides, if she kept that up he'd be out of comission from teaching for a while. He grinned at the thought. He suddenlt felt disgusted with himself for that thought. He shook his head and frowned but it turned into a smile. He pushed that thought into the back of his head for now. "Yes, and it flies so magnificently." he told her. He cut down on his french accent a little bit. He was getting too comfortable.

"Well, if you're going to learn to fly. Zen you must first get to know ze broom....nah I'm just kidding." he told her grinning. "You just hop on, I'll be 'olding on too you don't worry." he told her laughing. "I'll get on be'ind you. You'll be doing the steering and I'll be controlling the height and the speed." he told her. They would start off lower to the ground and then move higher progressively. He ran a hand throught his hair feeling the breeze. His eyes fluttered down to her skirt but was sure she didn't notice. He felt disgusted with himself again after that. What was wrong with him today, he had never had these thoughts...well that was a lie. There were a few moments but he had never been this disgusted. And some of the conversations the boys would have. Well he listened but never actually listened.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:58 am

Chase thought for a moment. "Well.. as long as I'm in the air.. I'm sure it won't be to hard, I don't have the best reflexes, but I do have some..." She said biting her lower lip. "It shouldn't be to hard if I think about it, I've seen people fall off their brooms, they really don't look like they go THAT fast down..." She felt a little uncomfortable nevertheless, and found her eyes straying to Adam. She blushed suddenly and looked away, as he hopped off the broom and she was left staring at the beautiful model. "It's beautiful.." She said softly, a certain amount of awe in her voice. "I'm afraid I'll break it though!" She said and laughed before turning to look at him wide eyed. "Get on? Me? Now?" Her heart started to race and she found herself shaking somewhat. Time to fly? Well.. if he would be doing all the work....

She gulped, look at him, and then slowly got on the broom, it started to shake underneath her, but from excitement or fear she wasn't sure. "Hurry up and get on." She said closing her eyes and leaning back, trying not to fall off, but trying to have balance. "However you do this for fun, I don't get it." She said through clenched teeth, her hands gripping the broom so tightly that her knuckles were white. "But if I learn to fly, I have something to talk about.. and then I can see why people like it so much, because I just don't understand..." She said and then turned to look at Adam. "Alright, I'm ready.. lets go!" She said smiling at him, her knuckles still white as she gripped the handle of the broom.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:18 pm

Adam wasn't too sure whether to be afraid of her falling off or snapping the broom. She had an iron grip on it, but all he did was chuckle. He got on behind her and let his hands fall on hers. "Okay well, first you need to stop trying to break ze broom in half. You can also damage your 'ands if you 'old like zat wizout gloves." he said freeing her hands. "Just let zem find a proper position and grip it like you woul a...wand." he told her. It's how he normally did it. But maybe she was different. He made the broom stop vibrating in a simple manner. He had calmed her slightly, brooms could sense when someone was a little worried. To be honest he was a little worried as well. He had never actually taught anyone. But he would follow h0w he was taught. "You aren't going to get it right away though. I'm going to raise ze broom now but not too high. Just lean forward to go straight don't 'esitate I've got you." he told her putting his hands on her waiste.

He wondered whether this would be a good idea. He lifted them up a few feet in the air. It was only a few thought, his feet skimmed the ground. This was how he started off. Then it snappeed...something his grandfather told him. "Everyone learns to fly ze broomsticks differently. Eet all depends on personality and ze broom." he remembered. "Just let me know if you feel uncomfortable. I can bring us down if you like." he told her, a faint smile coming to his face.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:20 am

Chase let her grip slowly relax and she tried to relax against him as well. He was there to help, there to help her learn, and she could feel her whole body trembling with fear, but she slowly let herself relax and she bit her lip, feeling the vibrations of the broom stop. Her hands relaxed under his grip and she held the broom carefully, as he said, like a wand. She smiled slightly and looked over her shoulder at him, until he lifted the broom up into the air slightly. Being shorter then him, her toes didn't reach the ground as his did, but were a little higher up. She looked back at him in alarm. "Learn forward? I don't think..." She bit her lip and then shook her head. "Okay.. lean forward... come on.." She bit on her lower lip and very carefully leaned forward on the broom.

It jerked forward and she flung herself back against him. Her breathing hard as she felt her back touch his chest. "Okay.. I've got it.. hold on.." She trembled. She wasn't quite sure why she was so afraid of the broom. So afraid of falling only a few feet, in fact she would touch the ground with her toes and simply lose her balance if she even started to fall. "Okay... lets try this again." She said and leaned forward slightly, the broom moved forward more easily this time, and she held the broom carefully, feeling his weight behind her and knowing that she wouldn't fall. Biting her lip she leaned forward a bit more and found her hair flipping back behind her as they increased speed. She leveled out the speed, and bit her lip. "This isn't.. so bad." she said carefully, the speed like a snail compared to the speed of a Quidditch Player, but still horribly fast for Chase's standards.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:34 am

Adam was actually impressed with how she was handling the broom. She was doing well for a learner, much better than any he had seen anyway. She was hesitating thought which was a rookie mistake. If she hesitated too much she would crash or the broom wouldn't listen. His broom was charmed when he had gotten his name engraved. It was kind of like a dog, preffering him to anyone else. However it seemed to not mind Chase riding along. She had gone a little to quick and she fell back against him. He grinned, he had expected as much. "Just go slowly, ze broom and I will do ze rest." he told her smiling. She couldn't see but he was smiling larger than usual. Adam started to lean left a little bit so they would turn. She was at a rather smooth pace.

"Alright, you seem to 'ave a steady pace. I'm going to go up anozer few feet." he told her softly. He started to raise the broom so they were off the ground another three feet. "We won't tackle fifty feet for a while.." he told her chuckling. He maintained a firm grip on her ; he knew she was a little nervous. "You can slow down eef you want to."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top