Learning the Way
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Learning the Way Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Learning the Way

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Learning the Way Empty Learning the Way

Post by Avery Bishop Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:18 am

Avery hadn’t expected to take on an intern, but she supposed it couldn’t have come at a better time. Soon enough, she would have to take time off for her pregnancy, and it would actually be helpful to have someone who was around the office when she couldn’t be. Avery wasn’t going to be the employer that expected her interns to work all day or into the night. She had seen people who asked that of their interns, and she had never been surprised when the interns quit. Working someone too hard was never a good idea, she decided.

So when she entered her office that morning and waited for the woman in question to show up, she had to remind herself that it wasn’t so strange for her to be working with someone her own age. She, herself, had been forced into working right out of University because of the issues she had with her family. This girl seemed to be the lucky kind in that her parents seemed to still support her. Avery didn’t even speak with her parents, and she hadn’t since she was ten.

Sitting behind her desk, she started to look through her paperwork, mentally planning the things that she would have Chocola do once she arrived, in order to teach her how the job went. Deciding that office work was the best place to start, Avery set a stack of papers to the side. It wouldn’t be all that intelligent, she knew, to start with actually going out and facing the dragons on her intern’s first day. Danger mixed with the nerves of her first day would not add up to a safe situation for anyone.

Checking the time, Avery noted that she had only minutes until Chocola was supposed to arrive, so she took a drink from her mug of decaf coffee and started looking over notices of rogue creatures and those that the Ministry was in charge of.
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Learning the Way Empty Re: Learning the Way

Post by Chocola Meilleure Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:45 am

Chocola had went back at her home and there she didn't fin any peace at all. Parents even blamed her that her brother takes after her since also him haven't find a job and wants to go travel around the world. She just rolled her eyes on that all and ignored her parents all that day. Actually she tried to find something what she could do with her life.

Former-hufflepuff found the working with the Dragons intresting but she didn't know how to look after them or what to do exactly with them so she applied to be intern there. When she told about this idea to her parents then they were surprised that their oldest girl wanted to go work her own. At first actually they didn't believe her at all but when day came her to go meet her boss then they believed her already slowly.

Chocola walked into the Ministry of Magic. She soon reached to the right floor, where Department of the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures were. She looked now for he right office. Soon she find it and knocked on the door. After that she stepped in. "Hello," she said then with smile. She wasn't surd what to else to say right now.
Chocola Meilleure
Chocola Meilleure
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Bishop Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:31 am

Avery looked up at the knock on her door, a smile spreading across her face as the brunette entered and greeted her. "Good morning," she replied gently, gesturing with one hand to one of the chairs in front of her desk. "Feel free to sit down."

After waiting for Chocola to take a seat, Avery shifted in her seat and leaned back. "Are you ready for your first day?" She asked, offering another smile. "I think we'll start with something easy, instead of making you face a dragon right away. It probably would be a bit scary, honestly. They're not always very nice to new people. They aren't even nice to me all the time."

The last bit was mostly a joke, but wasn't a lie. The animals she spent her time with were not entirely safe, and Avery was surprised Robin had not told her to stay home after finding out that they were expecting a baby. But at least with an intern Avery could spend more time looking out for someone rather than looking out for a dangerous creature all the time.
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocola Meilleure Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:14 pm

Chocola smiled and then took a seat when ahe was said that she could take a seat. She was glad that she finally will get a job for herself. She doesn't have to listen her mothera nagging anymore about finding a job.

"I'm so ready as I can be," she said honestly and she really coukdn't say yes or no for that question. For next part she just noddded. It was good to know that she doesn't have yo deal with dragons on her first day at work.

"So what exactly I have to do then today?" She asked know since she was curious and also she wanted to get at working. She haven't done it ever and she wants to be sure what she can do. Also wants learn new things now.
Chocola Meilleure
Chocola Meilleure
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Bishop Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:09 am

Avery was glad to know that, at the very least, the girl sitting in front of her was interested and seemed to have a desire to work and to learn. That was more than Avery could say for some of the interns she had caught sight of around the Ministry lately.

"Well, first I'll give you a bit of a rundown of what I do in my office, and then give you a bit of a tour around the floor. If you want to eat on your own for lunch you're more than welcome to, though you're also welcome to join me if you would prefer. After lunch I figure we can go over a couple paperwork things, and then you could probably go home early if you wanted to."

Glancing at the side table next to her filing cabinets, Avery knew she would have quite a lot to do that evening, regardless of when Chocola ended up going home. Even still, she wanted the girl to enjoy her time as an intern, in the hopes that it would make her want to stick with it and give it a real shot.

"Firstly," She began, standing and moving to the cabinet she had looked at before, "this is where I keep track of each of the dragons that the Ministry is in charge of looking at. Some of these don't stay here with us, but we're still responsible for making sure they don't cause any problems." She pulled a file out and set it on her desk, lifting it open so Chocola could see inside.

A smile broke out over her face without Avery meaning to do so when she saw the name of the dragon that she had chosen. "This," she pointed to the picture, "is Fergus. My husband named him, though that is a long story so I won't bore you with it. The file shows how old he is, the size and the type of dragon that he is, along with any notes about behavioral issues."

Moving back to sit in her chair, Avery looked at Chocola from the other side of the desk. "If you'd like to look through the files, you can do that whenever you wish. For now, though, do you have any questions about that? If not I'll explain the other paperwork I deal with."
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocola Meilleure Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:57 pm

Chocola wanted to get a job yes. She just couldn't stand her mothers nagging anymore. She had spent most of her days traveling lately and it was time to settle in now. So yeah she needed a job at first. When she has good job, she will find a boyfriend and so on. She doesn't wanna be lonely for rest of her life.

She nodded and listened what Avery said now. "Oh okay. Let's see about lunch, not sure about it yet," she said then there and smiled. She had no lunch plans yet so she wasn't sure what she will do at lunch yet.

Chocola did wait now Avery to speak again. She didn't wanna be rude so she didn't say anything there until she did began to speak again.

She did listen her carefully, she didn't wanna miss anything what she said. Since then she would have not be good at this job, this is what she thought even there for a second. She did look into that a file she did speak about it.

She nodded her head there and still listened her words and same time looked at these things what were written there down. It was good way to keep track of dragons who were here currently.

"Okay. Right now I don't have any questions," she said honestly with smile. She did understood everything. "If I'll have questions then I'll ask for sure," she added at the end.
Chocola Meilleure
Chocola Meilleure
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top