Studying Sucks! - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Studying Sucks! - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Studying Sucks!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Studying Sucks! - Page 3 Empty Re: Studying Sucks!

Post by Ezra Laurisi Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:29 am

Ezra turned to see another boy entering the common room. "Hi", he said softly. His voice seemed very small in comparison to the larger room that he was in. It didn't carry as it usually did. He hated that it didn't carry as it did before, but then he remembered it might be due to the fact that he was standing beside a pot boiling with a small amount of spaghetti. He felt the steam building in his throat and the pungent odor of the garlic suffused within.

"I have a ton of homework, but I'm not gonna do it", Ezra chuckled softly, "Instead, I'm going to eat spaghetti!" The cauldron was done boiling with the delicious food inside. He took it off the fire, and got out some dishes. "Who wants some?" he asked.
Ezra Laurisi
Ezra Laurisi

Number of posts : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:55 pm

"Spaghetti?" Andrew echoed, his stomach growling. He'd turned down the stinky fish they'd tried to serve at dinner. Normally the dinners weren't too bad, but the fish was not anything Andrew could get past his nose, much less eat. "Oh! I do! And I have a big tin of Honeydukes dark chocolate fudge to share if anyone wants any. My family sent it to me. It's really good." And then he remembered, he had some muggle colas too, but he wasn't tellig anyone how he had come by those. "I have some muggle colas too. They're not very cold, but they might do in a pinch, if anyone wants one of those." Andrew did have a knack for squirrelling away all sorts of little treasured bits in the oddest places where he knew no one would find them, but he was quick to share with his friends.

Andrew knew he was going to do his homework. For him, going to school had been a dream, a privilege, that he never thought he would really have. So , he fully intended to do his studies. He had worked too hard to get here. He wasn't letting one assignment go by if he could help it.

Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Laurisi Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:01 am

"Oh my geez! Fudge is great! I would love some!" It was clear that Ezra would be hyper. Very hyper. He was practically jumping up and down at the prospect of stuffing his face with chocolate. The only sweet thing he didn't like was cheesecake. That stuff hurt his stomach way too much, it was too rich for his liking and seemed to settle heavy in his stomach. Not the good kind of heavy, either. More like 'weighs-in-at-a-ton-of-puke-your-guts-out' heavy. Fudge, however, did not bother him. Especially not that of Honeydukes, which was just right for his taste buds. The colas that Andrew was offering also seemed to hit the spot right about now, going with the spaghetti and fudge.

He grabbed a plate from the stack, and dolloped a generous amount of the tasty pasta concoction. He carried it over to Andrew, and grabbed a fork from a drawer for him as well. "It may be a little strong on the garlic, so you might experience a small ting on the tongue, but that'll pass". He didn't want to do his homework, he sorely didn't. He'd be insane if he did. Of course, Hogwarts was fun in other aspects, but not this.
Ezra Laurisi
Ezra Laurisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Leslie Darling Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Leslie walked through the portrait hole after saying the password with tons of books in her bookbag to study and do her homework with. Walking silently over towards an empty table she sat down and put her bookbag down in a empty chair beside her with a grunt. Rubbing her left shoulder for a while she stopped getting out her boks and laying them on the table. Fianlly getting some parchment and her quill and ink she started doing her homeowrk she had to do for her classes. Leslie kept to herself alot for she didn't have many friends but she was hoping to meet some.

Opening her Defense Against the Darks artss book she started reading om what she needed to do her essay on. After reading a couple of lines she stopped reading and opened her ink and dipped her quill in it and wrote a couple of lines down before reading her book again. Looking at her parchemtn she realized she had done to paragraphs but she didn't want to do anymore of this tonight but she knew she had to. Sighing to herself she pushed her essay away as well as her book and rubbed her eyes tiredly. Leslie been doing her homeowrk in the library for awhile before she returned back to the common room.
Leslie Darling
Leslie Darling
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:16 pm

"Hey, you wanna join us?"Andrew asked the new girl. "We're just having a bit of a snack after than awful fish that they expected us to eat at dinner." He set his plate aside and excused himself to go into his room to retrieve a very large tin of Honeydukes fudge and an armful of muggle colas. They were sorta cold, but not really. He hadn't taken the time to rig up some way to keep them icy cold. Perhaps his friends could help him find a way to do that, and then they would always have icy cold drinks whenver they wanted. He set them down on the large table in the common room. "Help yourselves, all."

He went over and picked up his plate and tasted the spaghetti. "It's great! And the garlic is just right. I like it a bit more spicy, really. Nice job, Ezra. Thanks!"
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:29 pm

When Two Others walked in, Aurora began to look at the ground and stop talking. She wished that Hugo was here to comfort her but, Aurora didnt have any clue to where Hugo was. After about 2 minutes of sitting there, Aurora decided it was time to go upstairs or downstairs to get away from people. She hadnt much homework to do and she could finish it in a nick of time. That was one of her talents.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Laurisi Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:23 am

"Why thank you". Ezra bowed at the compliment. He strode over to the colas and took one. It had a bit of condensation on it, which cooled it down a little bit. It was his favorite flavor of cola, too, grape. The smell of garlic was now suffused through the room like a smell-bomb, but better. It was strong enough that it could even be smelled outside the Gryffindor tower. It could even be smelled on the floor below. It was very strong and had some really potent power behind it. It was rare that something had such a strong flavor, and Ezra liked that type of rare food. The kind that had the pungent odors. He wouldn't take the fudge until he finished his spaghetti, just so he wouldn't ruin his dinner.

He opened the bottle and sat down to his own plate of spaghetti. He took a bite, which was nice and warm. It left a great feeling behind when he swallowed it. It tasted very nice. Something so rare in spaghetti, and he knew good spaghetti. "Well, I know the best, and this is definitely it. Real cheap, too, a dollar a large can. A can feeds about three people at regular serving size".
Ezra Laurisi
Ezra Laurisi

Back to top Go down

Post by Leslie Darling Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:46 pm

"Yes that would be lovely, and thankyou."said Leslie softly as she gotten up from her seat and walked towards him. "I'm Leslie, Leslie Darling."said Leslie sticking out her hand for him to shake and looked at the spaghetti and sighed in relief. She didn't eat in the Great Hall for she hated fish more then anything in the world. Turning to Erza she smiled. "Thanks, that fish in the Great Hall smelled horrible I'm so glad I didn't eat it!"said Leslie softly. "As you probably already heard me say ny name, if not I'm Leslie, Leslie Darling."said Leslie softly.

Getting a plate of spaghetti she sat down and took a bite of it. "Oh my gosh, this is like the best spaghetti I ever tasted!"said Leslie. Leslie listened to Ezra and raised her eyebrows at how cheap it was. "Wow that is cheap."said Leslie agreeing. Leslie was glad she was making friends especailly with those in her own house and same year almost. Taking a cola she opened it and took a drink of it and smiled for being in Gryffindor was always worth awhile.
Leslie Darling
Leslie Darling
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Weasley1 Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Louis walked downstairs from the dorms. He saw some people, Aurora was there. Louis wasnt sure if she had a crush on him. Well Louis had just been flickering a light from his wand. He hoped maybe he could have a friendly duel someone. He remebered what he said to his friends once. 'I will protect my school, No matter what happends, If I must die to save someone, or If I need to kill myself. I wll do what ever it takes... Belive it!'.
He turned to the blond boy. "Hey man how you doin' I'm Louis Weasley."
Louis Weasley1
Louis Weasley1
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 490

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezra Laurisi Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:11 am

"I'm Ezra Laurisi, nice to meet you, Leslie". Ezra looked to the cauldron of spaghetti, "You need not thank me for this, for this is my pleasure. I hated the fish down in the Great Hall too. I think I smelled a hint of fresh roofing tar in the sauce, and I detected a smell from the fish that suggested that they were obtained from a sewage plant as a byproduct of water treatment". He laughed at this own statement. He found his humor quite funny, as did a lot of other people he found. Maybe the others would also find it funny, but he didn't know for sure. He hoped. That's all he could do. Hope. Hope that he didn't strike a nerve with them in any way.

"Well, this spaghetti here is really cheap because no one thinks to buy it. That's why stores mark it down so cheap so that it sells. Normally the garlic puts people off as soon as they open the can, but I saw past that. I was courageous and gave it a try. I liked it, and thus I bought more. Each can that I got was around a dollar or so because people weren't buying it since the smell puts them off so quick".
Ezra Laurisi
Ezra Laurisi

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top