Basic Level - Lesson 8 - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Basic Level - Lesson 8 - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Basic Level - Lesson 8

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Basic Level - Lesson 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Basic Level - Lesson 8

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:49 pm

The sound of his name being called broke Eli from his thoughts and he raised an eyebrow at Wilson before he felt a slight heat in his hand and wrist. He dropped the cigarette, unfortunately onto the front of his robes, and tried to bat it out but only succeeded in spreading the flames around. He heard a hiss and saw Nachash creep out from underneath his shirt. She clearly didn’t like the heat. He jumped up from where he was laying and tried to bat it out but to no avail. “Okay, Okay. Hot, hot, hot, hot!” he ran down towards the lake and jumped into the cool water. It washed over him and the fire went out. He rose back up to the surface and spat some water out. He ran a hand through his hair, smoothing it back and began to swim back. He walked up back towards the class and pealed his robes off.

His mother would flip for two reasons when she found out. Probably because of the robes first and then because her son had been set on fire. Then she’d probably chastise the smoking. He rolled his eyes took a look at his slightly burned shirt. He scowled and unbuttoned it before pealing it off, leaving the dryer grey undershirt on. He could have dried his clothes but he didn’t doubt he’d be back in the lake if Wilson saw fit to set fire to him again. He walked past Wilson’s desk and smirked. “I’m more partial to tobacco, sir.” He said sweetly. “Fire is okay when I’m not the one burning as a result. Thank you for the refreshing bath.” He walked back over to the shade and sat himself down a little closer to the class but still in the shade.

Eli took a piece of charcoal out of the pocket of his bag which he’d dropped upon his arrival and pulled his sketchbook from the main compartment. He put it on the floor in front of him so it didn’t get wet and quickly wrote the date in the bottom right corner of his page. He ran his other hand threw his hair and looked back to his bag before pulling some chalk out. He then waited for someone to answer the question. He hadn’t actually looked for the merpeople when he’d taken a dip himself but he knew they were in there. Nachash hissed and curled up beside him. He ran an absent minded hand along her back and she hissed a little in response. He looked down at her and smiled slightly but looked apologetic upon seeing her hard gaze. “It wasn’t me, it was him.” He murmured in Parseltongue. Eli turned back so he was facing the front and heard what he thought was a snort of disbelief from the snake.

(OOC: Feel honoured! This is my 500th post and it's in a classroom >.<)
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:56 pm

I walked into the room knowing i was late. I saw the instructions then walke out to the lake. I stood there and flinched frokm the light. "sorry im late......anything im sposed to do?" I stood there nervously looking strait ahead of me.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbey Dawn Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:32 am

Abbey walked slowly onto the grounds, hoping that Professor Wilson wouldn't notice her tardiness. She wasn't late to class often, so hopefully he would go easy on her and not take any points away from her house. She took a seat on one of the fluffy cushions set out on the grass and tried to listen to what was going on in the class.
Abbey Dawn
Abbey Dawn

Number of posts : 2143
Special Abilities : Telekenesis, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:50 am

Aurora look around still standing there knowing She would probably be in trouble. Her first day going to classes and she is late...
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Elyssa Llewellyn Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:41 am

Elyssa settled herself in one of the cushions. She took her parchment, quill and her textbook and turn into the lesson for the day..Merpeople..she thought. She raised her hand to answer the question of her professor though she wasn't quite sure if he's still waiting for the answers cause of the fire scene. "Professor, merpeople are aquatic creatures with a human head and torso and a tail of a fish" Knowingly that this would not satisfy Professor Wilson she just took her seat again cause it's all she knew about merpeople and that's all she can remember.
Elyssa Llewellyn
Elyssa Llewellyn

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:37 am

"We are talking about mere people? hmm well then" Aurora looked as though she was thinking. Umm.. sir... Merpeople are sentient beings that live underwater You can find them all over the world. The costoms they live by are mysterious. Like the centaurs, Merpeople refuse being status in the favour of beast." She was silent for a minute "Hope this is good enough..."
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:55 am

''Well, I guess it is enough. Ten points for my House. Oh, and Krum, next time, do let me put the fire out. They say acid does the trick... although they also say it leaves a tickling sensation.'', Wilson said. ''Now, since we are dealing with Merpeople and since this is Defense Against the Dark Arts, what better way to learn about them then to face them. You will all use the Bubble Head charm, which you should know... whoever doesn't can go back to the castle with a T, and go underwater. The Merpeople live in the depth of the lake, as you should know. Now, to make things more interesting... I was to liberal to ask your Head of Houses to give me something valuable to you. I have done the same for my House. (You get to improvise what it is, a small object... whatever you have and find valuable). Those little objects are packed inside little boxes that you will find beneath the surface. But... they are guarded by merpeople, which means that you will have to use your wand. Now, you can begin.'', Wilson said. He looked at Elijah again. He flicked his finger, levitating the snake out of his robe. ''Lovely snake, Krum. Vipera Evanesca'', he said, making the serpent disappear. ''I may not know what you are saying, but I can recognize what language you are using. Now, go!'', he said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:09 am

Aurora looked nervous as she tried to remember the bubble head charm. She thinks for a while wondering what object she would have to find. She thought it would be a locket given by a dear friend before their death since it was one of the only things that was valuable to her. She uses the bubble head charm and goes under water. She starts searching for the item that was her job to find. She searched for quite a long time until she came up to this little opening. In the opening ,As she had thought, was a small locket with the innitals BL carved into them. She swam towards the locket but then out of no where a bunch of merpeople came out. She backed away thinking of what to do now. She pulled out her wand and tried to say something. A blast of light came out of her wand and towards the biggest of the merpeople. The next thing Aurora knew 5 of the merpeople collasped and the others were ready to fight. She used the spell again and the rest of them collasped. She swam to the locket and clutched it into her fists. She started heading upward and something caught on her foot. The charm was wearing off so she didnt have much time. She pointed her wand at the creature that had her foot and she used stupefy on it. She then returned to the surface with a pale face and a nervouse glance around the area.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:21 pm

If it wasn’t for the fact that Defence against the Dark Arts was a mandatory and needed subject then Elijah wouldn’t have even been sat on the grass waiting for the Professor to make some more jibes. He sighed and lightly began to outline something in his sketchpad. His eyebrows knitted together in slight concentration and he listened to the answers. He looked up at the sound of the Professor’s bitter monotone drawling out his last name and raised an eyebrow at his words about Nachash. He saw her disappear and his eyes narrowed. He pushed his sketchpad off of his lap and took his wand from his pocket. He walked over to Wilson and pointed his wand at him. He had no idea what spell he could have used but by this point he didn’t care.

By this time his breathing was heavy and uneven and his eyes as dark as night. “Bring her back.” He hissed, his voice laden with emotion. His Bulgarian accent, which had began to disappear, was back with full force. His lips pressed together in a thin line before his mouth opened again. “I said bring her BACK!” he shouted. He could feel the snake’s distress and that was making him panic. If the bloody idiot of a man couldn’t bring her back then he’d leave and try to find Khaat or her father. Without Nachash safe that would be the end of him and he wasn’t about to die on the account of some idiot deciding to vanish her. “You have no idea what you have done do you?” he mumbled, feeling defeated.

(OOC: You really do need to bring her back otherwise Eli will die. Be creative, call him an idiot and say that she's in the lake but she really does need to come back)
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:21 pm

[[OOC I didn't catch we should jump in the lake?]]

Derek was rather surprised by the Professor's request though that sounded kind of fun. "Merpeople here i come!" he called out jumping in the lake considering it would be nice if he brought his swimming suit though he ignored the fact. "Bubilo!" he muttered pointing his wand at his head which turned into green bubble untill he went underwater and looked like himself again.

He swam around wondering what did they take not even having mind to think. His guitar was lying on the rock few meters under him while there were 5 merpeople there guarding it. "Inscendio!" he said sending a stash of flames towards the merpeople who dissappeared quikcly in all directions. He swam towards his guitar grabbing it pulling it to the surface. His guitar was all wet and his head was green. "Finite" he said pointing at his head. He got back with his guitar.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top