NEWT Lesson 1 - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

NEWT Lesson 1 - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

NEWT Lesson 1

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEWT Lesson 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: NEWT Lesson 1

Post by Christabelle Whittle Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:19 am

Christabelle raised her hand and waited for the professor to address her before she spoke. She remembered learning about crystal balls at a young age so this was more so just a refresher for her. "Crystal balls were said to have originated in Celtic tribes as a tool for divination." she started off thinking on it for another moment. "Not only are they used for seeing they have also been known to use for scrying."
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:47 am

Rose ran through the Halls intil she reached the Divinations Tower panting and gasping to catch her breath."Forgive me for being late Professor, you make take points from me or give me a detention if you wish I do deserve it."said Rose as she took a sat and hung herhead in shame. Rose couldn't believe she was late for class, it wan't like her to sleep in. As she got her book and parchment and quill out she started taking notes for class. As she realized they were talking about crystal balls she raised her hand for she read alot about Crystal Ball.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:26 pm

Professor Tiquelle nodded as Miss Whittle answered the question. "Well done, Miss Whittle, that is correct." she replied. Just before she was about to continue, Miss Weasley arrived. Professor Tiquelle remembered her from the previous year, she had been a good student. It wasn't like her to be late. It was only the first day though. "Go on, Miss Weasley, see if you can redeem yourself." she asked the girl, giving her a chance to make up for arriving late.

NEWT Lesson 1 - Page 2 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:31 am

Christabelle saw the girl that had entered the class late. She wondered how someone could be late to Divination. In her mind it was one of the best classes ever invented. She had wanted to say more but hearing the professor tell the girl who had just arrived to continue on and redeem herself she couldn't help but have to be quiet now.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:14 am

Rose nodded. " Thankyou professor."said Rose putting down her hand. " A crystal ball is a crystal or glass ball believed by some people to aid clairvoyance. It is sometimes known as a shew stone. A body of water, either in a container or on the ground, used for this purpose, is called a scrying pool like Christabelle said.Though early crystal balls were made from beryl, they were later replaced by rock crystal, an even more transparent rock." said Rose hoping to reddem herself. Rose was really talented in Divinations which was odd seeing how her mother hated it, Rose found it odd but she didn't care. Roe hoped she got some of that right, but she wassure it was seeing how she read all about them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:42 pm

[[OOC: Anyway you could tone down the colours you're using so you don't blind me? Thanks Smile.]]

Professor Tiquelle nodded as Miss Weasley answered the question correctly. She had clearly done a fair bit of background reading. "That is correct, Miss Weasley, I'll let you off for being late - please be on time next lesson though." she told the Ravenclaw girl.
"Well you seem to know a fair bit about the crystal ball, most of you anyhow. If you don't feel you do, feel free to do some background reading either in your textbook or there are other books in the library if you so wish." she began, walking over to her desk and sitting on it, facing the front. "Right, so. Now we've done a bit of theory, I think it's time for some practical. Now at first, we won't use the books, we'll just go on instincts, it's the easiest way to learn. So in pairs or threes, get a crystal ball, see what you can then discuss what it could possibly mean. Don't worry if you don't see anything, it's your first time, it's bound to happen." she told the class, while flicking her wand towards the back of the classroom which opened a cupboard which had the crystal balls in.

NEWT Lesson 1 - Page 2 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:52 pm

Christabelle walked over to Rose, "Want to pair up with me?" she asked the girl who had been late. She wanted to be paired with someone who seemed to know what they were talking about.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top