NEWT Lesson 1
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

NEWT Lesson 1 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

NEWT Lesson 1

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEWT Lesson 1 Empty NEWT Lesson 1

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:57 pm

[[OOC: Internet is dead, am doing this from school, so might not update TONS.]]

Professor Tiquelle was sitting at her desk at the front of the Divination classroom. She was waiting for the upper years to come in for the first Divination lesson of the year. She hoped a lot of students from her OWL class would continue Divination. She didn't expect any of her previous sixth years to drop it, they had all done rather well, as she recalled.

NEWT Lesson 1 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

NEWT Lesson 1 Empty Re: NEWT Lesson 1

Post by Christabelle Whittle Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Christabelle walked in and noticed that she was the first one in the classroom. "Good Morning Professor." she said smiling as she found herself a seat. She had already begun her other classes but Divination for some reason didn't start with them. "How are you this morning?" she asked curiously.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Neve slouched into the classroom, her head bent and her bag dragging on the floor. She really didn't want to be there. She hated her gift and didn't want to do anything which might remind her of it. She was only taking Divination because that's what her aunt wanted, but she had no intention of trying hard in this class. I really wish I was normal, she thought, sighing. Divination always made her feel depressed. It reminded her of her little 'problem'. She was so busy thinking about how much she hated the subject that she didn't notice the professor or the other pupil already there. She sat down in the back of the classroom, thinking murderous thoughts about whoever invented Divination.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:57 pm

Mariana was climbing up the stairs with her tongue to her feet and out of breath.She crawled inside the classsroom as graceful as it was possible to be in that situation and sat on a pillow breathing like she ran a maraton. "Morning Professor." was the only thing she was able to say at this moment.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Professor Tiquelle looked up as she heard a few students entering her classroom. "Morning." she replied as a couple students greeted her. She recognised people from last year. She looked around the room. She was expecting a few more students. They were probably just running a bit behind schedule. Or sleeping. It was the first class of term, after all. Things never seemed to go according to plan. "We'll wait a few more minutes to see if any more students turn up." she told the class, so they didn't think she was ignoring them. She moved her copy of Dreams: Imagining our Future to the center of the desk as she was teaching Dream Interpreting to the NEWT students that year.

NEWT Lesson 1 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:35 pm

Aden strode in with a little bit of attitude he felt that he had a clear advantage in Divination, being that he had studied for years now. The biggest factor of this attitude had to be blamed on the fact that he was a seer. Aden calmly took a seat in th back as there was no need to be seating in the front. In fact, Aden could probably teach this class as well as the Professor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:40 pm

Christy had noticed Aden come into the classroom. This was in fact the one class she didn't have with Nick so it was rather amusing that someone Nick had brought into their little organization was in the class with her. "How are you this morning Aden?" she asked curiously, He really didn't seem like the type of guy that you would catch in a divination class but then again a lot of people hated it with a passion.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:12 am

Aden was surprised that anyone in Divination knew his name, but when he looked he was shocked to see Miss Whittle. Aden figured the real shocker was probably for her, as Aden had never been open with his gift of sight. He had always been quite in class with O's on his O.W.L.'s. "Why hello Miss Christy, I am fine, I find Divination in the morning to be very enlightening. Do you know what i mean Miss Christy, oh and before i forget how are you today?" Aden said trying to be as polite as possible, like he had already planned to do he would try to get close to her. This class might be one more thing they had in common.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:28 am

"I'm fine this morning." she replied to Aden. "Its just nice to see someone I know seems to share a gift of it like me that I actually know here." which was true since she really didn't know much of anyone in the class.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:57 pm

Professor Tiquelle looked around the classroom and sighed. Typical. It was the first lesson though, some people were probably just having a lie in. "Ok, class, it's time to get started." she began, getting up from her desk and making her way towards the three students. NEWT classes were a lot more informal the ones in the lower years, as there were less students. "So this term we're going to start learning about the Crystal ball, and using it to predict the future." she started, informing the class on what they would be learning. [b]"I don't usually use the textbook much in lessons, as I feel most people learn more from a practical approach, but for this lesson we shall use it. There is a good introductory passage on page two in the textbook, which you can refer to if necessary. Which it probably will be." she told the class.

She went over and sat on one of the desks in front of the students. "What do you already know about the crystal ball?" she asked, thinking a recap of anything they already knew or any background information they had heard would be a good place to start.

NEWT Lesson 1 Qw9nLyk

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top