Beauty is Not in the Face. Beauty is a Light in the Heart. - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Beauty is Not in the Face. Beauty is a Light in the Heart. - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Beauty is Not in the Face. Beauty is a Light in the Heart.

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beauty is Not in the Face. Beauty is a Light in the Heart. - Page 2 Empty Re: Beauty is Not in the Face. Beauty is a Light in the Heart.

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 1:36 am

Davina tried to hold her smile, even though she could see Kya smirking. She wondered where her name was from, as it was quite unusual. "Nice to meet you too." she agreed, politly.

Davina tried to think of something else to say. There must be something. Anything. After a short silence, she found something. Eventually. "Where were you before Hogwarts then?" she asked curiously, remembering Kya said she hadn't been around long.

Davina saw Catalina making her way over to them. She smiled, she liked Catalina. They had a lot in common and she was one of the few people Davina could talk to for any length of time. "Of course you can." Davina told her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Beauty is Not in the Face. Beauty is a Light in the Heart. - Page 2 Empty Re: Beauty is Not in the Face. Beauty is a Light in the Heart.

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 1:43 am

Catalina gave Davina a huge flashy grin before turning and pulling her table into the one her friend was sitting at. She glanced over at Mariana and said, "Come sit over here." With another grin, she looked over at Kya. (OOC: Have they already met? Like on the grounds?)

"Hello there," she said, her sapphire eyes shining. She glanced at their butterbeers, and then decided that she really didn't want one. She was just in here to get her mind off of things.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 1:49 am

Kya shrugged. "My parents decided I should be home-schooled because of the war, and only recently could we convince them of sending us to Hogwarts for at least a year," she answered Davina's question. The Ravenclaw seemed nice enough...

Then the Ravenclaw sitting in the next table asked if she could join them and while Davina said yes, Kya just shrugged. "I guess that's fine, yeah," she agreed. Then she stopped for a second and looked at the newcomer closely. "I know you already, don't I? I'm sure I've seen you around..."

[[Yeah, why not? Razz]]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 1:55 am

Davina was a bit surprised, she'd never met anyone who'd been home-schooled before. "Home-schooled, wow, what was it like?" she asked, wondering what it must have been like to have lessons completely by yourself and not mix with other people. She wouldn't miss half the kids here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 1:58 am

Catalina smiled, glad that the girl had accepted her sitting there and had remembered her. With a small giggle, she said, "Yes, we met on the Grounds."

"I was home-schooled as well," she murmured, listening to Kya. "My parents refuse to believe that there is a war, but I finally told them that it would be better if I went out into the world and fraternized with people my own age."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 2:07 am

Kya took a sip of her butterbeer and smirked slightly. "Ah, my parents... they're nice people but they're a little overprotective. They work at the Ministry and heard rumours all the time so they decided to keep us at home when the letters arrived. They hired tutors for my brother and I, and I suppose that it's like going to normal school... you just get a lot more attention from your teachers, and get kind of lonely as well."

She pushed her butterbeer around and ran a hand through her her. "I mean, Tom's great and all, but sometimes you need to take a break from the people you see everyday, you know?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 2:17 am

[[OOC: Ok, ignore my charries thought on not knowing anyone home-schooled. I knew someone was but I couldn't remember who! Sorry! Aand sorry for short posts, it's 3am here Razz.]]

Davina looked between the two girls. They both were homeschooled, but she had been stuck in this place from a first year. She sometimes wished she was homeschooled. "I wish I got a break from some of the people I see every day." she commented, thinking of a couple of guys in particular, who she thought she could live without.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 2:29 am

Catalina looked over at Davina dismally. Her eyes seemed to shine with momentary despair as she began to agree with Kya more and more.

"She is right, you know." A pause. "One gets terribly lonesome being away from other children, cooped up in a house, your only friend your daydreams of escape." A sigh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 2:43 am

Kya turned to Catalina and rested her cheek on her hand. "I take it you're an only child, then?" she told her. "It must have been horrible for you... alone, cooped up in the same place all the time... although..."

She paused and looked at Davina now. "... I suppose that way you avoid the kind of people you really don't need to meet. May I ask who?" she said. Better to be informed of who not to cross around here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 2:47 am

Catalina nodded dismally. "My parents did not want any more than one child. They did want a daughter, so I guess I am lucky. They told me once that females were more proper than males and that if I had been a boy, it would have been harder for me to stay focused on my studies and learn the proper etiquette for life and all of their idiotic parties."

Her tone was monotonous, for she found her life uninteresting and typical, for every rich family of course. That was why she wanted to be an Auror. To have adventure, and fight for something she believed in.

A smile lit up her face as she thought of this, and a ripple of excitement flitted through her bones. She couldn't wait to graduate, just so she could join the Ministry and defeat the Dark Lord for good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top