Welcome to Potter’s Army

Potter’s Army is a roleplaying site that's been up and running since 2007. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming and helpful community where all levels of writers are accepted.

In this alternate universe, Lord Voldemort is dead, but so is Harry Potter. Factions continue to fight, Hogwarts educates the next generation of witches and wizards, and the Ministry of Magic does its best to hold everything together.

It is 2030 in the Wizarding World

Help us get new members by voting below

Honeydukes Topsites Top 50 RPGs Top RPG Sites
Word Counter

words: 0

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
23 : Alumnus
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

Re: Friends with benefits

on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:07 am
Oh God.  The banter?  That had been Selwyn's means of avoiding this.  The part where he actually asked her help.  It was so embarrassing.  He was an elite level procrastinator; he could procrastinate by doing things that looked superficially productive.

"Okay, so here's the thing," he said as he busied himself by pushing food around his plate.  Who knew her "hash" would come in so handy?

"I need to get married," he said deliberately, without looking up.  "For, you know, having children reasons.  And I don't know anyone to get married to."

He smiled as he glanced up.

"Except Shylock, and, um, he doesn't fit the requirements."
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Dom Weasley
Order of the PhoenixApprentice Chef
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Jackles

View user profile

on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:32 am
Dom had always had an imagination, but never been great with narrative. She could come up with ridiculously preposterous situations with no likelihood for actually happening, but she could not piece together clues based on previous experience to concoct the most logical explanation.

So maybe it was less of a problem with narrative and more of a problem with reality.

So she was completely blind sided by his... not-question. His predicament. First off, she didn't understand the logic - why kids anyway? Second off, why her?

Oh no.

"Not sure I'd fit those requirements either."

Yes, perfect, casual way to get that out of the way.
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:09 pm
It should have knocked the smile right off his face. He should have been shocked and appalled. And he was shocked, which was why he started giggling.

"Not you!" he exclaimed, nose wrinkling in disgust. "No offence, that would be weird. Even more weird than this whole set-up already is, I mean."

"I just..." he cut himself off with a sigh. "I always thought this was going to be so straightforward. Purebloods do it all the time. I'd get hooked up with some witch who wants money and a title, we have a couple of sprogs and a perfectly civil working relationship. And if she wanted a lover on the side, then that's fine with me. Hell, he could even have his own room."

"Witches like that are a lot harder to find than people make it sound," he added.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum