Friends with benefits - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Friends with benefits - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Friends with benefits

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Friends with benefits - Page 2 Empty Re: Friends with benefits

Post by Dom Weasley Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:32 am

Dom had always had an imagination, but never been great with narrative. She could come up with ridiculously preposterous situations with no likelihood for actually happening, but she could not piece together clues based on previous experience to concoct the most logical explanation.

So maybe it was less of a problem with narrative and more of a problem with reality.

So she was completely blind sided by his... not-question. His predicament. First off, she didn't understand the logic - why kids anyway? Second off, why her?

Oh no.

"Not sure I'd fit those requirements either."

Yes, perfect, casual way to get that out of the way.
Dom Weasley
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 246

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Weasley Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:29 am

His laughter was music to her ears, the melodic reassurance that her life had not become acquainted by another suitor - that was so 2025. She relaxed and matched him with a laugh of her own, tinged with the appropriate amount of relief.

His explanation elicited another laugh. "Oh yes! I mean, what woman hasn't dreamed about her sham of a marriage?" She shook her head. "I mean, sure, I'm no highbrow lady but I do know times are a-changing. Women can gold dig, but they can also gold-dig for love too." She crinkled her nose in thought - she really was out of her depth.

"Do you really... want children? Raising them in a loveless marriage doesn't exactly sound ideal."
Dom Weasley
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Weasley Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Dom squinted at him. Maybe she was still just... dumb and overly optimistic, but she felt like she had grown up a bit over the years and maybe had some wisdom yet in her. Selwyn was certainly clever but if he couldn't see that there were bigger issues than a lack of available pureblooded women, then maybe he wasn't as clever as she remembered.

"I think it matters," she said, obstinately sticking to her guns. "And I think it'd matter to your kids. And I think nowadays it matters to your partner, too. Who actually wants to be with someone who doesn't want to be with them? If you're looking for someone who is going to be content in a loveless marriage just because they'll enjoy your money, you're looking for a cartoon villain... or a secondary character in a Jane Austen novel."
Dom Weasley
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Weasley Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Dom heaved a shrug and leaned back, magnificently 'unladylike' as one of the Delacour aunts would surely put it. "I've always been bad at everything. I guess being a veela was no different."

In truth, she sometimes wondered if she had not been an illegitimate child, as the only real evidence that she was a veela was the paleness to her skin and the stubborn platinum tone of her hair. Considering it now, she wondered if it had been the veela charm that had attracted all the men she had dated. She certainly hadn't been Nico's type and he had loved her way, especially considering how much of a train wreck that relationship would have been.

Oh Merlin, what if-

No. Her veela appeal was something she had never really seen work. Too many professors had happily failed her, too many men give her that 'what have I done' look, too many employers let her go without caring to hear her protests. If she had uncontrollable veela charm, she would own the Leaky, not work bar.

"You won't be able to stop it, falling in love. It'll happen or it won't." She paused. She wasn't helping him, was she? She let out a sigh. "Okay. So you need a woman who wants to get married, have kids, but will let you continue to see Shylock and hopefully won't fall in love with you. And you came to me because..." She paused. "Wait. Are you asking me to set you up?"
Dom Weasley
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Weasley Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:25 am

Dom shrugged, feeling uncomfortable with the implication, knowing it was a real problem but not very willing to really deal with it. "And then they'd meet me and realize I couldn't manipulate my way out of a paper bag."

Maybe it wouldn't matter though. That was scary. She had never really thought about her veela side. Maybe it was time.

She pondered the proposal, quirking her lips. "I'd have fun if I knew you'd have fun. I don't want to be an accomplice to an unhappy relationship. But if you this is what you really want, I could help."
Dom Weasley
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top