Welcome to Potter’s Army

Potter’s Army is a roleplaying site that's been up and running since 2007. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming and helpful community where all levels of writers are accepted.

In this alternate universe, Lord Voldemort is dead, but so is Harry Potter. Factions continue to fight, Hogwarts educates the next generation of witches and wizards, and the Ministry of Magic does its best to hold everything together.

It is
Monday
date
Month
Year

in the wizarding world
Word Counter

words: 0

Go down
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
24 : Alumnus
NoneHeadmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

Re: Friends with benefits

on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:05 am
Selwyn sighed heavily. That wouldn't matter. They would already have their minds made up by then.

"You know you can always come to us," he said. "The rest of the family, too."

He smiled when she finally agreed to help.

"Of course I'll have fun," he assured her. "That's why I asked you. Because you're fun, so you must know some other fun girls, right?"

"I promise I won't make you an accomplice to an unhappy relationship. If I wasn't interested in being happy, or making someone else happy, I wouldn't have come here. I'd have put a personals ad in The Daily Prophet."
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Dom Weasley
23 : Alumnus
Order of the PhoenixApprentice Chef
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Jackles

View user profile

on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:32 pm
She gave him a small grateful matter but said nothing more about the tricky matter of being a veela. It was something she had survived this long more or less ignoring, and she hoped to continue on in that manner.

Now that they were on the same page, she felt a little better. It still felt strange, aiding and abetting with a traditional marriage that she had been so worried her parents would hope for her. Especially with an ex.

"Okay," she said, clapping her hands together. She stood and suddenly whipped her head around until she went over and pulled a drawer open. She withdrew a pad of paper and a pencil and returned to her seat. "What are we looking for? Preferences? Deal breakers? Lay them on me."
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
24 : Alumnus
NoneHeadmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

on Sat May 26, 2018 12:35 am
Preferences? Deal Breakers? Note taking? Selwyn hadn't expected Dom to become so suddenly enthusiastic. Hell, even when he'd turned up, hoping for a bit of help, he'd thought she'd just set him up with a friend or two. Not, go scouting, or whatever it was she had in mind.

"Um, good communication skills."

That had been the main problem with Addie. It wasn't exactly that she'd acted like he could read her mind. More like she made assumptions about everything, without ever checking to see if he agreed. And the way she put herself last all the time.

"Confidence," he added. "I guess a deal breaker is if they can't say no to me, or won't tell me when I'm outta line. Or are conflict averse in general. I know I'm not easy to live with so if people act like I am it makes me paranoid."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum