I have friends, just not the type of friends that your thinking!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I have friends, just not the type of friends that your thinking! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I have friends, just not the type of friends that your thinking!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have friends, just not the type of friends that your thinking! Empty I have friends, just not the type of friends that your thinking!

Post by Maura Goldstein Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:22 am

It was a Saturday afteroon, and Maura was bored out of her mind thinking of what to do with her spare time. As crazy as it seems, Maura was already done with her homework seeing how she had nothing to else to do. Looking at the ceiling Maura started drawing things with firey sparks that came out of her wand. "Ugh... I'm going crazy!"Maura to herself as she gotten up from her bed and grabbed her Hufflepuff robe and scarf before heading out. It was no longer summer time the wind gotten nipy during the coruses of the day, Maura found that out the hard way last week.

Walking down the sloping lawn of Hogwarts School of of Witchcraft and Wizardly Maura headed down towards the lake. After a few minutes she finally reached the lake and smiled happily as she sat underneath the willow tree. As the giant squid came up she smiled at him. "Hello, last time we tried talking we were intruppted by kids throwing rocks at you."said Maura softly. "I know how you feel, I get beaten up all the time to."said Maura softly as the giant squid blinked at her. Looking around Maura seen that no one was really out by the lake. They were probably at Hogsmeade which was a place Maura really didn't go to.

"I had a horrible week, but you probably had worse, but I did meet a nice Slytherin guy name Alex."said Maura softly. "I know what your thinking, a hufflepuff and Slytherin seen together? I wouldn't believe it either."said Maura softly. "I was always told that as well, but he seem like he didn't care that he was seen with me.'said Maura softly. Maura know it was crazy for her to talk to a squid but he always talked back to her. Yes, Maura can talk to animals and they do indeed talk back to her.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

I have friends, just not the type of friends that your thinking! Empty Re: I have friends, just not the type of friends that your thinking!

Post by Saoirse O'Connell Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Saoirse hummed absently to herself as she hiked along the lake shore, enjoying the beautiful weather. She enjoyed it immensely when there were few students on the grounds, and she could catch a quiet gatch without the worry of being disturbed by the generally raucous noise of pre-pubescent adolescents....and several older teens who were just as noisy and immature as the younger nippers.

Saoirse paused, having seen an older student; Hufflepuff by the looks of it, sitting under a willow tree. She appeared to be speaking with someone, however there were only two things the girl could be talking to...the giant squid, or the tree. Remembering how she had been ostracized for speaking to things like animals and trees when she was a tot, Saoirse felt a great surge of affection for the lone Hufflepuff sitting by the lakeshore.

Saoirse took a deep, shaky breath to calm herself as she uncharacteristically made the first approach to engage in conversation.

"C'mere, like," Saoirse said in her soft Cork accent, "What's the story, wan?"
Saoirse O'Connell
Saoirse O'Connell

Number of posts : 53
Special Abilities : Empathy

Back to top Go down

I have friends, just not the type of friends that your thinking! Empty Re: I have friends, just not the type of friends that your thinking!

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Maura looked at the young girl, by the looks of it she looked like a Gryffindor first year maybe second. "You can join me, I promise I won't hurt you."said Maura softly as she looked at the giant squid that nodded. "Although you might get hurt around me, I tend to get bullied alot by Slytherin girls for being shy and a hufflepuff."said Maura. "I don't get why think Hufflepuff is a bad house?'Maura asked the giant squid and the girl softly. "Oh so rude of me I'm Maura, Maura Goldstein."said Maura softly.

Maura knew that she shouldn't have to put up with being bullied by a bunch of seventh year Slytherins, but what else was she suppose to do? they were bigger and stronger then her. Not to mention if she told someone or tried to fight them back, it meant more pain for her. She already went through enough pain, she didn't want anymore then she already had.

Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Saoirse O'Connell Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:48 pm

((lol, I forgot all about this thread...back when I was giving Saoirse a cork accent.))

"I'm Saoirse," Saoirse replied, "Saoirse O'Connell..and I thought that I would end up as a Hufflepuff, so I have no problem with them."

Saoirse moved to sit down next to Maurie, twisting the grass next to her in one hand from nerves.

"I am hardly noticed, so I guess I am lucky in that I haven't been bullied much yet. I know that you are less likely to be bullied when you are with another, so I'll sit here with you for awhile if you don't mind. Why do they bully you, if you don't mind me asking?"
Saoirse O'Connell
Saoirse O'Connell

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:53 pm

((haha it's ok, no biggie!))

"Saoirse, I like it's very unique I wish my name was as cool as yours but mine is just Maura."said Maura shaking her head. Honestly what was her parents thinking calling her Mauranna? She hated her real name so she went by the name Maura for it was better then being called Mauranna.

"Your lucky, I guessed I'm bullied and picked on because I'm shy and a hufflepuff I honestly don't know."said Maura softly. "Honestly what's so bad about being a Hufflepuff?"Maura asked her softly. Picking a strand of grass she begin playing with it between her fingers.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Saoirse O'Connell Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:26 am

"I like the name Maura," Saoirse replied, keeping her eyes on the giant squid out of shyness, "It's short and easy to remember. I have trouble remembering complex and unusual names...even more trouble trying to pronounce them, come to think of it."

"..and I find nothing wrong with being a Hufflepuff," Saoirse went on to say, "To be honest with you, I figured that I would be sorted into Hufflepuff. I don't consider myself to be very brave, anyways. For me, it was very courageous just to start a conversation with you. I dunno why I was sorted into Gryffindor."
Saoirse O'Connell
Saoirse O'Connell

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top