We rise by lifting others - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

We rise by lifting others - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

We rise by lifting others

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We rise by lifting others - Page 7 Empty Re: We rise by lifting others

Post by Beatris Greyback Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:34 pm

When she heard his words,she blanched for one brief moment. Sometimes he actually manages to look scary without even trying.
Her father's comments didn't help too. So, until he hit her in the head she can consider herself lucky person? Miriam did not think so.
As much as she hated her life now, at the end she still wanted to live.
She just hoped that he would not do something terrible. Always be justified that it was an accident.

When she heard his question, she was shocked. But instead shocked expression Miriam began to laugh, shaking her head at the same time.
"No, thank you. If I ever decide that I want a quick and very painful death I will ask you for help. For now I'm fine like this," she shook her hand.
Miriam is by nature too self-confident and arrogant person, but even she knows where the boundaries are.
Agree to fight with him would be like suicide, probably would have finished off before she blinked. This was too much even for her ambitions.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 731
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by James Blood Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:07 am

"I didn't think so," James cast her a cheeky smile. "Your father wouldn't have let us spar yet anyway. You're relatively safe for awhile yet." He glanced Fenrir's direction who had a very determined, controlling look on his face, reminding James that she was safe until, if and when, Fenrir determined otherwise. James ignored it. He'd seen it, but it didn't need discussion.

"So, you have the idea of what you need to do to not put yourself at a disadvantage. That will need practice. We'll teach you how to punch and hit, but its just as important, if not more so, to learn how to block a punch. And, eventually to do both at the same time.

"A good workout for toning will help. But for now, let's work on your learning how to deflect a punch."

(Can we just sort of presume that he's going to show her various ways of dodging a hit rather than trying to describe that blow by blow? Not sure I know all of them. lol)
James Blood
James Blood

Number of posts : 62
Special Abilities : Unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:47 am

(Yes, please. When we were describing the process, it's more difficult for me to answer, because in fact I need to copy your post lol We'll write he just shows to her punches)

"Relatively safe? Well, I should celebrate it!" she said sarcastically.
James is simply used every opportunity to clear for her that he is planning to seriously hurt her or maybe even kill as soon as he get the opportunity, and will fully enjoy it.
She looked for a moment at Fenrir, he is still completely straight face. She admired him how he can just stand in one place for hours and watch this training. So she is safe until her father decides otherwise.
Frankly, Miriam does not think she will ever be able to face with James and actually have a chance of winning, at least not without magic.

She nodded and then watched a series of methods of defense that he showed her.
She realized that most methods are protecting the head and stomach, and she assumed that it was important. Hands are the ones who eventually have to take a hit if it fails to get out.
The next half hour Miriam was looking at James and repeated what he does until she finally remember all. There is still going to need time to really great block a shot because it is required to do that strenght, but for now is on the right track.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Blood Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:22 am

"Okay," James said. "Pretty good for your first time. When you're on your own, find a full length mirror and practice in front of it. Should help you to help you spot your own errors. Let's put it together, slow motion, and see if you can get the rhythm of it. We're not going to put power behind it. We're just looking for movement."

He put her through the paces for several minutes of just moving, blocking, and learning how to throw a few punches.

"Now," he said, "you have a whole list of things to work on, on your own. Calisthenics, gymnastics, dance, strength training, flexibility training, toning, core training...You're going to need a gym membership, and you're going to need to go several times a week. The best gym in town really is in the fitness center in the basement of St. Mungos. Its state of the art, and its open around the clock. How quickly you want to actually have a sparring match with me will depend on how dedicated you are to working on the gym."
James Blood
James Blood

Number of posts : 62
Special Abilities : Unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:55 am

This training was very easy. There was no running, barriers and the like, at least so far, and Miriam was still rested although she was sure they are training for at least two hours.
She nodded to everything he says and does exactly what he wanted from her her. The idea about that exercise in front of the mirror sounds as a really good.

She looked at him in shock.
"This is a whole list of things that I need to do! Do not forget I have a life outside exercise" if she would do everything he says, it would encompass all day, with no hope to do anything else. She was not even sure whether to insert meals in the overcrowded schedule.

"All right, all right, will join the gym." She surrendered and decided that tomorrow after work will go to the gym. Finally, the girl who hated any form of physical activity is now forced to constantly exercise.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top