We rise by lifting others - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

We rise by lifting others - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

We rise by lifting others

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We rise by lifting others - Page 2 Empty Re: We rise by lifting others

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:15 pm

"I just want to be free after this. I want to make independent decisions about my life, no Death Eater, order or anyone else. Tell him that. I just want my husband and children back" she looked at him pleadingly. Indeed it is everything she ever wanted and never had a normal, ordinary life. Everything in her life was full of problems,starting with a mother who did not love her, drug which she used after graduation, until joining the Death Eaters and the fact that they are completely erased her from the memories of others.

"So ... how are you? How's the hunt for Bambi, or whatever you werewolves eat?" she looked at him refraining help but smile. After all, maybe he really is not so bad. True, he brought some decisions that later characterized him as evil and dangerous wizard, but everybody does it. After all, she believes in the same thing as he, proof of this is her loyalty to the Death Eaters.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 731
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:55 pm

"That's the problems with humans, isn't it? Someone always telling you what to do and when to do it--and how. I've got no use for the lot of them, myself. We werewolves don't squabble about that rubbish. Its not worth it."

Pack law meant that the pack protected its own--within reason. However, Fenrir didn't usually put himself too far out on a limb to protect anyone else, unless the price was right. However, pack law did say that an adult always took care of a cub that couldn't take care of itself. Fenrir's children, those who had chosen to live as humans, didn't have the same resources to cope with the world that his werewolf children did. If they were to learn that being a werewolf was better, perhaps they needed to learn it directly from him. And bailing his children out of a pickle or two was one way to send that message.

Besides, Fenrir thought there was always some satisfaction in winning--regardless of who the fight was against. Lorcan D'Eath didn't frighten him. He had no doubt that even if it came to a struggle, an aging werewolf could still best a mere half vampire. He'd go talk to D'Eath if for no other reason than to enjoy the challenge.

"I'm well enough to still be the primary hunter in the pack," he said. "Protein. Lots and lots of protein. And you? Aside from your whole identity being turned upside down, you're well?"

Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Number of posts : 53
Special Abilities : Unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:00 pm

"Well, unfortunately, we do not all have the honor to belong to your wolf pack," she said irritably and looked at him.
To him, humanity obviously means nothing, as if he himself had never been a man.
She could not imagine herself under this curse, her human life it is quite sufficient.

For some reason, Fenrir decided to help her. Miriam could not understand why, she was just another of his many children for whom he does not even know. Still, she appreciated his help, though not in the least believe that he helps her because she is important to him. Probably he decided on this step because of the excitement, because he likes to accept new challenges and to prove that he was better than others.
But whatever the reason he had, she really appreciates his help.

"Oh congratulations, surely it is a great thing for a man your age" in some way, Miriam really could not help but admire his strength and determination. Werewolves are relatively short-lived, besides, he got old and his very appearance just defying time.
He must be better and stronger than many younger werewolf, but also people.
"Besides the fact that I lost completely my life, I'm good. As a reward for loyalty, Death Eaters gave me a huge apartment that was really too much for me and my dog. Making progress in training as Auror but it do not facilitate as my mentor is my ex husband that can not remember me at all, "she shrugged.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:03 am

And there it was. The same sort of snotty discrimination that every other human thought they had the right to declare about werewolves. It wasn't as if Fenrir hadn't heard it before. It wasn't at all new. And hatred from his human children about something they didn't understand wasn't new either. So, she really was just like the rest of that lot after all.

She could stick her nose up in the air all she wanted about how much better she was than he. In the end, though, Fenrir's life wasn't a mess. He had his identity. He had a very devoted pack. He had enough funds to support his pack. And--he wasn't the one needing help at the moment.

"If someone does not accept the truth about who or what he is, then he wars constantly within himself," Fenrir said. "It has shortened the lives of most werewolves for ages. I accept what I am. I embrace it. And I'm the better for it. I've at least outlived the life expectancy of most werewolves two or three times by now."

He listened to her tell him about her life, and he was glad she was making progress in her training. But hearing that her ex was her trainer, he shook his head.

"You're being trained by an auror who is--let me guess--not all that different in age from yourself? That's a good primer, but do yourself a favor and eventually get someone who's been fighting a little longer and find out what they're doing that you haven't learned so far. They've learned something about staying alive, obviously. And that is, after all, the name of the game. He who lives, wins."
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:38 pm

"There is nothing wrong with that what you are" she looked at him as if she has no idea what he's talking about. In fact, she really does not understand.
It probably was not his choice to be what he is.
While the thought of him, she felt anger. Not because of him, but because of herself.
He has so many choices, always does what he want to do. And she?
She stuck with false identity without being able to make independent decisions about her lifw.
As she pondered about these words, as always because of anger unconsciously began uncontrollably change her hair color.
When she finally calmed down, her hair was almost as green leaves in this forest.

She shook her head and looked at him.
"There is no chance to change the coach. I tried to, only because I don't want to be close to him, but that's impossible," she shrugged.

"Each new recruit get a young auror to train them. The only thing I can recline is what I know from before, and that is knowledge of dark magic that taught me Death Eaters and martial arts that I beat when I lived in the Muggle world."
It is true to say that Kace is not the best choice for her coach. If they are figting, she would probably beat him. Not because he has no experience, but because she was a means to an end. Simply, she is ready to do anything to achieve what she wants, Crucio curse, for example, is typically for her as if by magic to open the door.
This insensitivity which has acquired working for Death Eaters is what makes her dangerous.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:50 am

"You don't do your homework," he laughed. "Read the Daily Prophet once in awhile. You have some fine fighters right there in the Ministry. If its an experienced trainer you want, then check out the man that the Minister has hired, specifically, fighter to train aurors--Brian Quinn. He's worth a couple minutes of your time.

"Take a good look the next time the paparazzi catch a photo of the Minister's daughter. She's married to Quinn. Quinn is well known for being well versed in not just his use of a wand but also being able to hold his own in a fist fight if he has to. And, who do you think is responsible for training him? The Minister himself. I've seen both men fight, and they could most likely teach you a thing or two.

"My sources tell me Lupin surrounds his family with the best fighters he can find. He's got a houseful of them. And, apparently he trains regularly with them.

"If you're looking for a Death Eater to train with, I'd look to Zada Forbes. She made a great deal of money working as a mercenary before she married D'Eath.."

"I haven't lost my skills with a wand either," he shrugged. He knew his name was listed in the history books about being much of the brawn behind Voldemort in the Second War. That had been years ago but that hadn't slowed his reflexes, and it had certainly kept him and his pack alive.

"You're only stuck if you choose to stay stuck."
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:57 pm

She looked at him reproachfully. He behaves as if she were a child.
"There is one small problem: How the hell I should come to them? Believe you to me or not, mere mortals, even the Death Eaters have not special connections in the ministry!" she shook her head.

"Your plan is excellent, so many possible solutions, but unattainable. Why would the hell or any of them wanted to train me, just another girl who need to became auror? After all, she can not help me. I'm trying to became auror, they can not connect me with the Death Eaters if I want to get the job," she looked at him, hoping that he understood what she was trying to tell him.

She shook her hand, "It's no problem in magic. When it comes to the wand, I became a great fighter for all this time I was separated from my family. The problem is a physical fight. You know, I never liked the sport or a physical activity," she said simply, shrugging and laughed.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:16 am

He listened to her. She was confident in her wand skills. It was the brawling she wasn't accustomed to. In another day and time, he could well have trained her himself. At 80, his brawling days were largely behind him unless it was completely unavoidable. He could hold his own with his pack, but training? Meh. That wasn't something he wanted to do anymore.

"Quinn," Greyback said. "He's who you want. Definitely. Look, here's what I know from my sources." Fenrir did have excellent sources. James Blood lived in his pack, and James had been stalking Khaat Lupin for years. Blood had encountered her bodyguards and her husband many times. Fenrir had agreed to try to keep Blood and his pack safe, and in return, Fenrir got impeccable intelligence.

"Quinn's prime interest is in making sure the aurors are trained beyond wand skills. He's got the mentality of a warrior. He trains hard every day. Not just with his wand, but physically. You want to find him? Here's what you do.

"Quinn trains daily after work at the gym in the basement of St. Mungos. He goes straight there at the close of the work day, as regular as clockwork. He stays about 90 minutes and, from what my sources have seen, he's often joined by others or by Lupin himself and they spar. They practice fighting quite often. Rumor has it that Lupin trained Quinn himself when Quinn was just a boy. I don't know about that, but that's the street talk.

"What I do know is that a great many aurors have made the mistake of thinking the only thing they need is their wand. Idiots. They're the easiest pickings. Get rid of that little stick of theirs and its game over. The ones that can fight, they're the ones who survive.

"What would it hurt you to go over to the St Mungo's gym some night and strike up a conversation with him? What are you out? On the other hand, I could set you up with James, but he'd probably hurt you. He's not quite right, that one."
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:24 pm

She listened carefully to his words, and when he finally finished and shut up, she just was silent.
She needed time to think about everything what he said.
For one brief, very brief moment, almost as if she could feel that her head would burst of mixed thoughts and expectations.
Quin sounds like a good opportunity.
However, there is more of a problem.
First, Kace would hate her if she decided to work with Quinn. He could easily think that he is not good enough coach for her and so she would lose all hope to see her children, ever.
She must stay close to him and thrive without him to know about it, just one day she will easily win the fight and he will conclude that she no longer needs his help.
Another, even bigger problem are people to who she is so loyal even after all these years, the Death Eaters.
Her transition to another mentor can cause doubt even if she manages to convince that man to teach her.
They would realize that Kace is the problem, this time they'll simply remove him such a threat.

She sighed again and looked at her father.
Funny, this is the longest conversation that they led in the last five years from the day they met each other, and the conversation was about what? The modalities of how to fight? It does not work quite as affectionate conversation between daughter and father.
"I want Blood. Are you he will want to work with me? With just human being?" she looked at him quizzically.
She did not doubt the fact that Fenrir Greyback is able to do whatever he wants, but she felt like she had to ask.
After that, she felt like she owed him an explanation, although he is probably not interested.

"Quin .. would cause too much doubt. After all, people learn best under pressure right?" she laughed a bit before continuing.
"I will learn best if I'm really in danger. James is a threat to me, and because people are probably born with a desire for self-preservation, I will better listen. As long as I can prevent him to kill me, it's okay to be a little hurt. One good potion will solve everything, " she shrugged.
She is not really a fan of werewolves, but this is her best chance.

Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:11 pm

"It doesn't matter whether he wants to work with you or not. If he wants to live, he does what I tell him to do," Fenrir said.

Fenrir well knew that he was the only person that, so far, had any ability to reel in James Blood and his homicidal tendencies. Blood was a mass murderer, and he was lethal whether he was in his human form or not. Blood had no conscience, and Fenrir knew he had to keep a tight leash on him. He didn't think she knew what she was truly asking for.

Blood was one of most wanted beings in all of the wizarding world, with countless murders and maulings under his belt, and Blood honestly didn't care. Fenrir had forced him to quit, for the moment, and lay low, lest the humans started to slaughter all the werewolves on general principle alone.

Blood was also the largest werewolf Fenrir had ever seen. Blood stood 7 foot tall, and when he was fully transformed into werewolf form, he was taller yet. Blood was also a bodybuilder and was as solid as concrete. He was a hulking 350 pounds of muscle upon muscle. He terrified even members of his own pack without having to do anything.

"You really have no idea what you're asking for," Fenrir said seriously. Fenrir knew that, more than likely, unless he himself were present with her to keep Blood focused and on task, her training would be one very quick blurr and would very likely be the last thing she ever did.
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top