We rise by lifting others - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

We rise by lifting others - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

We rise by lifting others

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We rise by lifting others - Page 5 Empty Re: We rise by lifting others

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:46 pm

Miriam did not listen to her father, although she predicted that he will be very disturbed. Instead, she stood next to James and then stretched her legs to keep them at the same height as him so she could look him into his eyes.
"As bait? Really?" She smiled and shook her head. "Very low shot James, I thought you were smarter than that," she said mockingly.

"I do not insult you, for someone with your thinking that's impossible. But look at this," she touched his face for a split second, "this is the skin. Part're a man, you can not change that whatever you do." She smiled and shook her head.
"There is no need to worry about me, I'm fine like this, but I can not say the same for you. You're trying to prove that you are strong as a result of insecurity. There will always be someone who is better than you, you will never become leader of the pack, and it makes you uncertain. It is simply kill people in order to convince yourself you're strong, but you're more like a puppy, "she said before she returned to her height and moved away from him when Fenrir approached to him.

Quietly watched this fight, more mental because physical contact was reduced to just one shot. Her father won.
She could but not to be admired. After so many years, he is capable of such a young and strong werewolf break with one blow.
She watched James and waved him laughing derisively as if to say 'I told you're weak. "

She returned the look on her father and shook her head.
"I think I will never be able to climb somewhere. I have a fear of heights and just get paralyzed even when I'm away just one meter from the ground," she said honestly, the first time acknowledging her weakness.
On the following question she nodded smiling.
"Of course I do. On one condition. The next time this happens, I will fight with him. And then I'll kill him," she said coldly and looked at her father.
"I assume that the new training will be tomorrow at the same time?" she asked before she came near to him, hugged him and kissed him on the cheek.
"Thank you, Daddy. Send me an owl" After these words, she aparated home.

[Now we can continue as a day later]
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 731
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:27 pm

Fenrir wasn't keen on bringing her back to face James again. James hadn't been purposely insulting her. What he had been doing was stating his beliefs. He truly didn't see himself as human anymore.  James Blood truly believed he had given that up and had become a higher form of life.  

Fenrir didn't entirely disagree with him. He simply had no desire to try to do it en masse. It was entirely too risky. James' desire to make the entire planet covered with werewolves was just plain insane.

And then there was the matter of his new daughter. She was eager, ambitious. She believed, though, she could kill him. She wasn't ready. Not yet. The day might come when she might be ready and able to try to take down James, but Fenrir didn't believe for a moment she was ready for that now.

Fenrir had made sure he'd made his point with James overnight. He'd reluctantly sent the owl to Miriam to meet at the same place at the same time. He'd done what he could to try to insulate his daughter a little, and at the right time, he had James brought again. She wanted to kill him if he got out of line again, and Fenrir didn't object to James' death. She would have to understand, though, that if it came to it, it was Fenrir who reigned over the pack, not his daughter.
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Number of posts : 53
Special Abilities : Unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:06 am

Miriam came home tired than ever before.
Too much things has happened tonight, she practiced with sinister werewolf, who later made it clear that he wants her dead.
Yet she will exercise with him again.
She take off the dirty clothes off and long time spent in the shower. She felt the pain in a few places and quietly sighed.
After taking a shower, drank the potion for the prevention of pain and almost immediately fell asleep.

- The next day -

She woke up in the morning very well rested. The pain is almost completely gone, so she got up to get ready for work.
She heard a knock on the window, it was a owl and she already knew who he was. Her father. Tonight. Same time and place.
She burned the letter in order to avoid that some see and then got ready for work. She noticed on her body a several of blue stain from training from last night with James, but the biggest was the one on her forehead.
Unfortunately, about that nothing can be done.

After work, she repeated the routine of the previous night.
She showered, ate and put on clean clothes for training.
Her hair was tied in a high bun and then asking God for something, probably for it to stay alive, she once again aparated herself to meet with James Blood.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:24 am

When Fenrir arrived at the warf, he saw the men from his pack had gathered. There were more men there tonight. There had been a few of his men last night, but mostly James' followers. Tonight, Fenrir's own, very loyal pack members had turned out. They knew James had lately been a loose cannon, and they all knew why.

Fenrir at times wished he could take out James' brain, scrub it free of his obsession with the Minister's daughter, and put it back in the big ape's head. Obliviating was an option, but killing him was looking more and more like a task Fenrir was going to have to get around to. He'd hoped the Ministry would off that lunatic and free Fenrir from having a divided pack, but James had proven to be elusive.

His men put several lengths of shackles and chains down near Fenrir. It had been necessary to reel in James enough for Fenrir to make a lasting impression with the oversized idiot after Miriam had left last night.

He would allow Miriam to have another go at him. He would allow her to make a stand with him. He normally wasn't parental enough to honestly give a flying fig what trouble his offspring got into. He wasn't sure if it was just that Blood was a nutjob or whether he was perhaps finding enough loyalty in this child that he was willing to be more paternal than normal. Either way, he wasn't ready to let James do whatever he pleased with her. She was a Greyback, after all.

He saw her apparate in.

"Get him," he told his followers. They brought him out of an old warehouse. Fenrir glared at James, a silent reminder of who still was the alpha male here. He looked at Miriam. She'd recovered somewhat. Good. He admired her fight.

"You ready to do this?" he asked her.
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:19 pm

Miriam made no attempt to cover the blue spots on herr body, especially the one visible on her forehead. Simply, she knew it was a futile fight. Potions which she drank last night and this morning succeeded to some extent remove the pain and she now feels that she is ready for another night here.

She appeared in the same place where she was last night.
Tonight, they were all quite silent, and looked at the old warehouse. Probably there is James now.
She noticed that her father beside him has a lot more tracks than last night, probably what happened last night was not planned and is considered to be taken greater measures.
Miriam felt guilty because if she is not afraid of heights and if she can do everything what James want her to do, that might would not have happened.

She looked at her father and nodded.
"Ready as I can be," smiled a little encouraging.
She noticed that James was standing few steps awax from her, but did not want to look at him until it's necessary.
Childish of her, but she was mad at him. She got mad that there is someone who so easily could decide that he wants to be consumed someone's life.

She took off her jacket because tonight was a lot warmer than the previous night. The cool breeze she felt good that at some other time, you'd think that this is the perfect night for relaxing in nature.
She went to Fenrir and gave him her wand, he would have certainly asked her to gave him wand. The aim of all this is that Miriam teaches physical fight, she already mastered spells more than some famous wizards and witches.
In particular, she has been known for great use black magic, which she ften practice since she left her family.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:32 pm

He looked at James and he looked at her.  She was bruised and hurting. And, she wasn't as secure as Fenrir thought she needed to be. He didn't want James playing on that. She needed to be fully informed of the facts.

"Just a moment," he said. He got up, motioning the others to hold. He walked over to her. "Walk with me a moment." He walked a short distance, away from hearing distance of the others.

"Some things you need to know," Fenrir said. "James is, well, in human terms, not quite right. He believes that everyone would be better off as a werewolf. Now that much, I agree with. However, I never had any ambitions to try to plot to make that happen on quite the mass scale that James is willing to do.  And, he believes that anyone who won't be turned into a werewolf isn't worth the air space, basically. He kills them. Its partly because he wants to eliminate any opposition. Buts also partly because he has visions of just taking over the planet. If he manages to conquer the wizarding world, which is a much smaller population, then surely the muggles who are far more defenseless, won't be able to stop him.

"And, the other part that you're seeing that makes him edgy is that, he has a woman that he's obsessed with. A woman who is married and wants no part of him. In pack law, a male marks a woman somehow to show possession. He has already marked her by scarring her extensively. Her family will do whatever it takes to protect her.  James spends most of his time obsessing about her and how to get her. And, when he's not doing that, he's planning to kill her. He thinks if he can't have her, then no one else can either.

"I'm telling you this because you need to know that you can't trust him any farther than you can see him. Stay at least at arm's length from him at all times. Never, ever get closer to him than that. He's very intense and obsessed right now, so if he gets out of hand, he'll be hard to reel in, but we'll need to do it. I'm not against you helping with that, but it simply isn't possible for you to do it alone. I'm prepared to secure him if this gets out of hand today. He firmly believes he can physically best me, but, well, that's just not going to happen. He's not that good that I can't still take him. My pack, my rules," Fenrir said.
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:31 pm

She knew that James were looking at her, but she did not want to give him the honor to looked up at him also. Not after everything that's happened last night. Not after he tried to kill her. For what? Because he was hungry. That's all. Only reason.

Startled, she looked at Fenrir and nodded.
They walked relatively short and she assumed that this walk was actually moving from hearing other. Werewolves have more acute senses, and she assumed that now at this distance they can not hear them.

She looked at him frowning and shaking her head.
"Even if I want to, I can not be a werewolf. I .." ready to tell her father what just one person knows about her, the one who does not even remember her.
However, she decided to share it with at least one other living being, perhaps so that he become aware that never, under any circumstances should not try to turn her.
"I made a Horcrux. I made it about five years ago but now is relatively late to try to undo the spell. This can happen only if I sincerely repent for the murder that led to the formation of Horcrux, but I do not regret it. If someone tried. .. Well, I'm pretty sure that I would not survive the attempt to turn into a werewolf, "she said frankly.
She knew what a Horcrux like permanent part of your soul, what is placed in an object. This organismbecome weak. She probably would not even survive the process of turning.

When she heard the story remain shook her head, laughing sarcastically.
"Well, it seems that behind every bad person stay one sad love story," she said, almost with a sigh.
"Do not worry, I will not go near to him. Even if you think of falling in love with him and the like, he is not my type, you can stop worrying old man," she laughed though honestly did not know how to interpret this.
He, Fenrir Greyback, who always cares only for his pack, act like he actualy cares about her, his entirely human daughter.

After this brief conversation zhey returned closer to the others.
Presupposed that now follows the training.
She stood and waited for James to tell her what to do.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:17 pm

He saw that she wasn't exactly understanding that James didn't care whether attempting to turn her into a werewolf would kill her. James was good with it either way, if she became werewolf or died. Fenrir was telling her neither of James's ideas were options, and he was working to set clear rules with James on that subject.

A Horcrux? He believed there was nothing beneficial in a Horcrux. It never served anyone much of anything. He saw it as a pointless spell. Life was cheap. Someone lived until their time ran out. It was pretty simple. Fiddling with horcruxes never seemed to make anything more successful. Still, her life, her Horcrux, he supposed. Bloody waste of magical energy, though, he thought.

He listened to her asserting her belief she could keep her distance. Then she said James wasn't her type.

"Your type?" He looked at her, echoing. "James isn't anybody's type. If you decided he were your type, I'd think you were as crazy as he is."

He walked back to his place and looked at James. "Remember the rules," he told James. "I don't intend to need to tell you again. Let's begin."

"So," James looked at her, "Let's see how sore you are from yesterday. Let's try the stretches you learned yesterday."

Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:34 pm

Miriam guessed that James will not much care whether the transformation kill her or something like that. He simply did not care enough about someone that much.
Creating a Horcrux from the beginning was a mistake. She repented because the moment she literally felt that her soul, that what she is broke down into two parts. But the negative side of this was that that is not enough to repent for making a Horcrux, it is necessary to truly repent for murder. She is not capable for that, especially after so many years.

She looked at her father again.
"What are you trying to say with that about type? If I do not like him, then there is no danger of him being too close, is not that the solution to our concerns?" looked at him quizzically.

When she heard that James told something to her, only then looked at him.
She coldly laughed to his words. So, it was a good decision to drink all that potions last night.
She stopped at a sufficient distance from him and precisely worked all exercises that he learned her last night.
These exercises for her were not anything special. She drank enough potions to pain completely disappeared, only proof of everything that happened last night was blue spots, but not pain.

After a while, she ended up with his, obviously holy initial exercises and then she looked at him.
"That's it. What's next?" she removed the lock of hair from her face, which was eliminated from a bun as she waited to be amazed by some new challenge of having at least sixty percent chance to kill her, if not more.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:19 am

"Oh, you really have fought with a wand all your life, haven't you? Consider a moment. If you're faced in a life or death situation and your opponent blasts your wand out of your hand or somehow the wand gets broken, you might well have to get closer than an arm's length to your opponent if you want to live.  Physical distance isn't always possible, whether you intend romantic contact or not. Werewolves, for example, never have the luxury of remaining at a distance and staying live. That's just not possible for us."

When she was finally face to face with James and they'd done initial stretching, Fenrir spoke up.

"Show her a good fighting stance or two," Fenrir said. "She can practice running later." James shifted position into his typical, large and intimidating fighting stance, and Fenrir sighed unhappily. He got up and walked over to Miriam.

"No, no, no. That works for him because he's as big as a small house, and it allows him to intimidate," Fenrir said, taking a stand beside her, facing James. "That will never work for you because you don't have his size advantage." He took a different position, standing beside her. "Like this. Copy me. You're working to make the your body as small a target as possible and to keep balanced. You're looking to reduce the chances they'll punch you. Left foot slightly forward so you won't be overpowered and knocked off your feet very easily. Then keep the left hand ready to use to hit with and the right fist to block and protect yourself. Keep the right close to your body. Learn to use one hand to strike and the other to block."

"Watch how you hold your fist. Keep the thumb tucked down. Hit with the flat of your fingers, not with your knuckles. You'll break your hand if you use your knuckles." He folded his own hand into a fist. "Like this. A flat surface disperses the pressure and reduces damage."

"Are you doing this or am I?" James asked.

"Shut it," Fenrir said. "She'll face you soon enough, you big ox. I, for one, want to see her whip the snot out of you." James snorted, doubting anyone could ever best him. Fenrir cast him an annoyed look to remind him that he had just defeated him multiple times last night.
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top