Foul Deeds Will Rise
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Foul Deeds Will Rise Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Foul Deeds Will Rise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Foul Deeds Will Rise Empty Foul Deeds Will Rise

Post by Nerissa Hatts Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:40 am

Spoiler:

The irony of Nerissa having gone the entirety of forty-two hours without sleep before having come to such a decision, was uncanny, as it had been under these same terms that they had first laid eyes on each other in Knockturn Alley. From that evening on, Nerissa's sanity had begun to deteriorate rapidly, and presently, there was close to nothing left to speak of. Nerissa was certain that this had been Ne'Os' plan all along. Certainly, he had intended to remove every logical brain sell from her skull when he'd tortured her - and he'd done a splendid job at doing so. Every memory was vivid. Even with the year of time that had passed since her kidnapping, since she'd been ripped from her comfortable world of blissful ignorance, every event was as clear as it had been when it had occurred. Such things could not simply be forgotten. Especially not after the battle that had taken place at Hogwarts.

Ne'Os had spoken of a horcrux that he had created when Nerissa had been in his 'custody', and thus, when everyone who knew of the Death Eater's name had rejoiced upon learning that he had been murdered, Nerissa hadn't allowed her to feel any such relief. She had anticipated his return, and had shivered and wept to herself when she'd imagined the rage that he was sure to harbor over the time that it took for him to reserect himself. Surely, he would revisit Nerissa, and would punish her for having run from the place where he'd once kept her. Nerissa would not raise her glass to that. She would not celebrate the idea of being murdered in her sleep upon Emof's return. Despite the knowledge of her impending doom, however, nothing could have prepared her for the sight of him on Hogwarts' soil the evening of the battle. No warning in advance could have granted Nerissa the psychological strength to face the man who had broken her, and thus, she had fled at the sight of him.

Much to Nerissa's dismay, she was not rid of his image even after she'd escaped him; it was as though his face had been tattooed to the flip side of her eyelids, and with each time she blinked, he paid her yet another visit. Even after having altered his appearance to such a drastic extent, Nerissa had recognized those eyes. In fact ,she could have done so in a sea of people, for they were imprinted in her mind. It was for this very reason that Nerissa had become incapable of drifting off to sleep.

Like a ghost he haunted her.

In every corner, and every shadow he stood - watching, with amusement twinkling beneath his irises.

Alas, Nerissa reached the highest floor of the public owlery tower. Surely, if there was any proper place for Nerissa to make herself visible, it was in the sky - which she swore that she could touch as she extended one of her frail and freckled arms above her head. The clouds that hovered above the wizarding world were mere inches from her fingertips, and the sun had nearly blinded her when she'd shoved her way past that last door and had stepped into its light. Never before had Nerissa been so close to Heaven - and yet, she could not escape the flames of Hell as they danced within her core. What better place to summon the devil?

Nerissa stepped towards the thick railing that enclosed the tower of her choice, and which also acted as a perch for the many owls that had been left there to fend for themselves. "Hey!" The wind carried Nerissa's scream to those below her. Whether they cast her any glances, she did not know. "Ne'Os Emof!" He would hear her. Somehow, under some impossible circumstance, he would learn of her attempts to contact him. It was his way, after all.

Her lips trembled, and her exhaustion became a near unbearable aching along her bones.

Never before had Nerissa done something so life-threatening, and once more, Ne’Os was to blame.

Last edited by Nerissa Hatts on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:17 am; edited 11 times in total
Nerissa Hatts

Number of posts : 482

Back to top Go down

Foul Deeds Will Rise Empty Re: Foul Deeds Will Rise

Post by Ne'Os Emof Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:23 am

Ne'Os woke with a start he drempt that the girl with orange-red hair he had taken captive in a diffrent lifetime. This wasn't the first time his dreams were haunted by her, it started ever since he saw her at the battle. He looked out the window in his room of the small apartment he had holed up in last night. He got out of the bed and walked over to the wardrobe and changed from his night clothes into a black outfit it was all the fittings to a black tux minus the coat.

He then walked out onto the balcony and thought back to the dream. He remembered floating in the corner of the room she was in, It appeared to be the top of some owlery somewhere. He remembered her shouting something and then his name and then she impossibly shipped around to stare at him her dead eyes staring into his soul. Closing his eyes to try to get the image out of his head. He could feel deep in his gut that the dream had been more than that he felt he had actually been called by the girl. Remembering the location he disappeared with a crack.

He reappeared at the base of the owlery with a slight pop which was drowned out by the people walking around him. He entered and looked up the staircase. He took out his wand and aimed it at his throat and thought "Sonorus" He thought a momment and came up with exactly what he wanted to say it was a poem by Mary Howitt. As he started up the spiral staircase he started to recite a portion of it.

"Will you walk into my parlour? said the spider to the fly.
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy,
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair, can ne'er come down again.

I'm sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high
Will you rest upon my little bed? said the Spider to the Fly.
There are pretty curtains drawn around; the sheets are fine and thin,
And if you like to rest awhile, I'll snugly tuck you in!

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, for I've often heard it said
They never, never wake again, who sleep upon your bed!

Said the cunning Spider to the Fly, Dear friend what can I do,
To prove the warm affection I 've always felt for you?
I have within my pantry, good store of all that's nice
I'm sure you're very welcome, will you please to take a slice?

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, Kind Sir, that cannot be,
I've heard what's in your pantry, and I do not wish to see!

Sweet creature! said the Spider, you're witty and you're wise,
How handsome are your gauzy wings, how brilliant are your eyes!
I've a little looking-glass upon my parlour shelf,
If you'll step in one moment, dear, you shall behold yourself.

I thank you, gentle sir, she said, for what you 're pleased to say,
And bidding you good morning now, I'll call another day."

He found himself standing behind her as he finished speaking, letting the portion of the poem he just recited sink in..
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:15 am

She was alerted of the Death Eater’s presence not by footsteps (as one would expect when such a long, winding staircase stood between the ground level and the tower’s tallest floor) but rather by the sound of his voice as he recited a poem she'd read only once before.

He’d stolen for himself a voice entirely different than his last, Nerissa noted unintentionally. No matter what tone he spoke in, however, his words had the same effect; as the eerie poem rung clear, Nerissa began to feel as though her spine had been torn from her flesh with how easily the wind began to toss her about, and how difficult it had become for her to stand upright. Hadn’t it been for the railing that she’d previously leaned against, she surely would have fallen to the floor beneath her, or perhaps to her demise, should she have toppled over the sky’s edge. In fact, had Emof merely climbed the stairs in silence, she would have been frightened all the same. His presence alone was enough to frighten Nerissa to the point of petrifaction. He needn’t say anything – but because he had, he’d driven Nerissa that much further.

Another warm breeze sifted through Nerissa’s vibrant red hair - and towards the door she spun, moving with the wind in an attempt to add to the fluency of the action. Before doing so, she had momentarily considered the possibility that it would be easier to see Ne’Os in the flesh once more, as it had only been a few months since their last encounter. But as she met his gaze all such thoughts were banished from her mind, never again to see the light of day.

“Ne’Os,” Nerissa squeaked, returning to her original form; no longer a lioness, but a trembling dormouse. She’d only been fooling herself when she’d decided to face her greatest fear. She simply didn’t have the courage left in her to do something so bold. "You heard me..." she added cautiously.

Last edited by Nerissa Hatts on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:55 am; edited 8 times in total
Nerissa Hatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:04 am

Ne'Os was almost taken aback when she turned to face him. For that small instant it looked as if she wasn't afraid of him that of course was betrayed when she squeaked his name. He could almost feel the fear radiating off of her he decided to address it "are you feeling alright, you look as if you have seen a ghost?" chuckling slightly and sounding as friendly as possible he said "I guess i did hear you, it was more of a dream. I thank you by the way my alarm clock appeared to have failed me. Tell me my friend how have we been since the last we met surly much has changed for you as it has for me." He fave her a very friendly smile he was making sure to make a pleasant impression on her so she would drop her defenses the grand scheme of his current plan was to determine if she needed so more adjustment.

His brain couldn't help but remember how he tortured her, the voice inside his head was laughing as his next thought was something along the lines of how he doubted Felix could completely break someone like Ne'Os had. He mentally made sure his wand was at the ready just encase she tried to escape. He knew he wouldn't really need it he had mastered wandless magic. Luckily for her when he used magic that way it was weaker than with a wand so if he decided to use dark lightning on her it wouldn't kill her. But that would only be if she gave him reason to do so.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:15 am

Her pale, cracking lips fell apart, “Is that what you are now?” she asked hesitantly. Nerissa would not have thought it possible to experience more fear that she had when she’d first turned to face the man - but sure enough, the concept of speaking to a spirit had evidently worsened the situation. “You're a ghost?”

Ne’Os' cheery tone, as well as the smug smile that his lips had formed, were far too much for Nerissa to withstand. How merciless must a man be to act in such a way before a child whom feared him so? Had Ne’Os no idea of the suffering, the pain, and the fear that he had installed within her? Surely, that friendly twinkle in his eyes was not a sign that he had forgotten of what he had done. It was a lie - it had to be. There could be no more suiting an explanation for his pleasant mood. Ne'Os relished in his sins, he would not have so easily given up those ‘bragging rights’. Of that Nerissa was certain.

The moment Ne’Os’ laughter met with her ears, Nerissa lost what little control she had managed to keep a hold of. She crumbled to the floor beneath her feet, and curled in towards herself until her knees hid her face from view. “Please,” Nerissa whimpered. “I made a mistake! I’m sorry! I will never challenge you again, I promise! Don’t hurt me again. Please don’t kill me,” she pleaded through shaky sobs.
Nerissa Hatts

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top