We rise by lifting others - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

We rise by lifting others - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

We rise by lifting others

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We rise by lifting others - Page 4 Empty Re: We rise by lifting others

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:16 am

When she heard the word run, she quietly sighed.
Of course, the first he wants to exhaust her above all. However, she only nodded.
She carefully listened to his words and looked in the direction that is indicated. It looked as if the place away almost as the distance between the two cities. However, she will give her best.

When he was talking about werewolves, she thought that she will finally come in handy as smaller than most of her opponents.
She is more motile and easier it is to escape and get out of it.
She waited for his cue, and then started to run.
Probably because he is a werewolf and a man, he was much faster than her but she was trying her utmost to make it remained close.
She focused on her breathing, because she was not wanting to lose consciousness before even pass a half of road.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 731
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by James Blood Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:41 am

He wasn't trying to outpace her, but he did expect to reach the warehouse first because his longer legs simply could outstride her. When she got to the warehouse, he stopped her. She would need to work on endurance, but that would come. She was doing better than he had expected of her.

"Catch your breath first," he said. "Don't worry about speed going back. Just try to dodge them. You're not doing bad for a human. I've seen worse. Take your time. Start back whenever you're ready."

He nodded to the other werewolves. Wands drawn, they were poised to make her return trip as difficult as possible. This time, since it was her first time at agility work, he was not going to be amongst the ones trying to grab or trip or block her. He knew that since he was so much bigger and more muscular, if she ran into him, it would feel akin to hitting a wall. There would be time for her to spar with him later. Not just yet.

(i am just going to presume you'd like to npc the other werewolves and determine for yourself what sorts of difficulties she will actually face in her way back.)
James Blood
James Blood

Number of posts : 62
Special Abilities : Unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:48 pm

(I have no idea about that but okay lol)

When he finally stopped her, Miriam for a moment thought her legs would issue. However, on her happiness, it did not happen, at least not yet.
She closed her eyes for a moment to make her breathing become evenly.
Something in her head was throbbing. Now, at this time she could actually feel how hard her heart beating.
Redness is welling in her cheeks, but not because of shame, she felt as if at any moment, she can burn like a phoenix. The only question is whether she will be reborn from the ashes?

She looked at him and could not help but smile.
"You know, that's for the one brief moment even sounded like a compliment," she rolled her eyes. He has seen worse. So, she is poor but should be comforted by the fact that there are more miserable than she.
For a moment she looked werewolves yet to convert the diagnostic her journey difficult.
They were almost twice higher and stronger than her. This will be difficult.
Still, she had to move quickly.
If she allows herself luxury to rest, will no longer be able to start. She had to go while she is still a force for the adrenaline running.
As she started, she just prayed to God that James is not among those who are her obstacles.

If she thought it would be a difficult time ago, she was wrong. It was harder than she could imagine.
She tried with simple methods such as aparation but it did not help because the werewolves just did the same and be back in front of her.
One caught her. For a moment she struggled but did not achieve anything. He was not moved.
However, he was young, not much taller than her and probably overconfident because she opposed him as a fragile glass, only one human woman.
Seized that his arrogance and struck him with her fist in the head as Kace learned her. Of course, it was not a strong enough blow but one brief moment of shock was enough to get out and flee.
"I'm sorry," she said quietly, sincerely regretting this young boy. You probably do not get the best reputation in the pack if the girl hit you and escape from you.
Slowly, but steadily she progressed toward a goal.
One werewolf, large almost as James caught her and unfortunately she did not have the opportunity to hit him. If she could be a bit lower, he wouldn't be able to keep her...
Wait, she can be lower. She can do that.
She laughed, and at the time her body began to change, becoming more lower until she was completely out of his reach.
As she ran away from him gradually returning her actual height. It used to be really good metamorphagus.
She saw her father and James, only a few meters away from her and then someone yanked her leg, which was enough to lose her balance.
She was almost there, why they catch her now? For this she was not ready, she fell to the ground and her head was very struck the hard ground.
Tumbled to but she could not run.
Her look became blurred, she could see nothing clearly, but shadows orbiting it.
Maybe a concussion?
She got up, and barely walking went to James and then just got back on the ground.
"Well, these wolves were really tough," she laughed a little breathing hard.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Blood Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:04 pm

He watched her and followed her at a slower pace so he could simply watch. She was nimble and resourceful, and again, she did better than he expected her to do.

He saw her get knocked flat. He thought for sure she'd be out for a few minutes, but to her credit, she rallied, even while stunned. Good. The drive would certainly help her.

When she said werewolves were tough, he agreed. "They're tough because they're werewolves. Humans don't understand werewolves. It isn't a curse. Its simply evolution to a smarter, larger, faster species."

"Get on with it," Fenrir said. He didn't particularly want James to try to line her up to turn her. Metamorphs already had their magical genetics skewed. Fenrir didn't believe that it would help her to maintain her magical abilities if it were altered again by lycanthropy. In fact, he really wasn't sure what that would do, but they could find that out on someone else's child. Not his.

"Maybe you should clear your head before you do any more," James said, giving her a choice.
James Blood
James Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:19 pm

Honestly, she was so occupied with finding a way to escape, that she did not notice that James was near her. Her only desire was to escape, though they were all werewolves. She did not know if just for a moment they can decide to turn her or something even worse. Surely no one would come fast enough to help her.

After a minute, she finally managed to get up. She pressed with her fingers place where she hit her head, and she realized that it would tomorrow be one big bruise. She looked at James and shook her head.
"No, I'm fine. We can continue," she said somewhat hoarsely. Simply, still did not want him to think that she is weak. She blinked a few times and her look became a little better and a little hands to wipe away the land with her sweat.
"What's next? I hope not running again, my legs really will not filed that," she said honestly and looked at him.
For one brief moment she looked at her father but she could read nothing in his expression. In his eyes,she is probably still one of her incompetent children, so irrelevant and pathetic compared to his pack.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Blood Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:55 pm

"You can't plan on all your fighting being on the ground," James said. "You need to learn to climb. Let's see what you can do." He pointed to some of the other younger men and then pointed to a fishing net.  They hurried to get it and to hang it between a couple of old lamp posts. It wasn't high, but it might do the trick.

"Looks easy, but it isn't," James said. "The bottom isn't anchored. It has no stability to it. It takes a great deal of balance and coordination to climb it..."

"Or to bloody stay on it to begin with," Fenrir said. "If you're so proficient, show her how its done, then."

He shrugged. He went over to the net, jumped and grabbed it with both hands and waited til it slowed its swinging to find footholds in it.

"Since you're human, you'll want to make use of your lets and feet moreso than your hands. Push with your feet. Find a new handhold with your dominant hand and then for your other hand. Bring your feet up as high as you can, and then do it all over again."

"He's being a git," Fenrir said. "Its not because you're human. Its because you're a woman. You're not built like he is through the shoulders. His strength is upper body. A woman's strength is lower body. Being human has nothing to do with it."
James Blood
James Blood

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:55 pm

She looked at him in shock.
No, the shock is not the right way to express the feelings that she had in her stomach when she heard what they want her to do.
She felt as if everything in her turns, as if trying to force everything in her body to change their place.
A cold sweat began to trickle down her neck despite the fact that she was warm.
And now, she really felt like she was going to faint.

"I. I. I think. No. I can't.," she stammered frantically shaking her head at the same tame. Generally she did not heard a word of what James said, the only thing she could think of was unstable thin network on which they want her to climb on. It's suicide.
She can not do that. On at this world.

"I can not do that. I'm sorry. I can not." she shook her head and turned back ready to go.
The battle with werewolves, that's fine.
Even if he decide to torture her with curses, she would submitt to it without saying a word.
She is ready to face to death if it will take her to her goal.
But fear of heights is simply huge. She never learned to fly for that reason.
She never approached the edge of the bridge.
"I'm sorry," she looked at her father pleaded. He will certainly be disappointed.
He put it all on her, that she learned to fight, but she can not overcome her fear and climb on a fishing net.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:25 pm

"Enough," Fenrir said. James had been watching her as she had her little mini-meltdown about the net. "That's enough for today. Go home, James."

James looked at him, looked at her, and then leaped down to the ground.  He stood for a moment, as if he didn't believe that Fenrir would really call it finished.

"I said we're done here," Fenrir repeated. "Go find something else to do."

James simply grinned at him with a glare that Fenrir knew only meant serious trouble.  

"Do not make me come after you," Fenrir growled. "No killings. You've made enough trouble."

"I'm hungry, Old Man," James said, starting to stalk off. Fenrir rose, unable to take James' insubordination.  The werewolves started to back away, knowing Fenrir had to defend his position, and if James didn't back down, Fenrir was going to have to master James back into control or give up the pack to James.  It was a challenge to Fenrir's authority.

Fenrir looked at Miriam. "You might want to wait over there," he said to her, pointing to a space behind where he had been sitting. He didn't want her in the way if James wasn't going to back down.

Hostile, James turned back to Fenrir. "You have your choice. I hunt, or I take her." He pointed to Miriam.  At the moment, Fenrir was all that stood between James and Miriam.
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:41 pm

Miriam looked puzzled. For a moment, she really believed that James has something human in himself. That he can be human.
While Fenrir was not looking, she took from him hher wand and hid it in the pants.

He can not do this to her father. Not after all what he did for her. To help her.
She shook her head and instead fit to place which Fenrir showed her, she came to James. Ready to fight relentlessly, even to kill him if it is necessary, but still hoped that in him there is something human, no one in truth is not completely evil. Anyone can get back on track.

"I do not want your protection father. If James wants me to go with him so that he can kill me the peace or whatever, I will go with him," she said sternly, but also cold.
As I said, Miriam was not of those who are afraid of death.

"You know," she said quietly that only James can heard her "at the moment, I thought you were okay, but it seems that I was wrong. Maybe you really have nothing human. I'm sorry I tried to be open-minded in spite of everything I've heard about you " she looked him in the eye, and for the first time, she did'nt feel so little. He may rely on force, or if necessary, Miriam will not hesitate to fight him with a stick. After all, his wand was still at Fenrir.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Z. Greyback Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:20 pm

"Stand down," He told her quietly. "This is about pack law. He's challenging me for leadership of the pack. He's using you as bait to try to get me to not fight him again."

"Don't insult me, Human," James said to her with a sinister tone. "I haven't been human for a very, very long time. I've evolved to a higher life form. Werewolves have always been far superior to humans. You would do well to choose it for yourself instead of being so frail."

"I told you that you were not to touch her," Fenrir said. "She's mine."

"You think you can fight me again and win?" James glared at Fenrir.

"I can still defeat you on your best day," Fenrir growled.

"Here's the thing, Human," James said. "Your daddy is right. If he doesn't fight, he loses his entire pack. If he fights and loses, he loses his entire pack. It becomes mine either way."

Fenrir had done this before with James and had won. As Fenrir saw it, he didn't disagree that humans would be better off as werewolves. However, he didn't agree in murdering countless more humans, as Fenrir was quite certain James would do. If James won, then countless lives were in danger--including the life of every werewolf in England.  If humans started to be murdered again, the Ministry would surely go on a rampage and kill every werewolf it could.  Fenrir wasn't willing to sacrifice his entire pack on James' uncontrolled rampages.

Fenrir marched straight towards James, becoming angry at James's mad desires to kill.  He raised one hand and plowed it straight into the side of James' head with as much force as he could muster.  James fell to the ground, totally taken aback that the old man still had it in him.

"You lose. Again," Fenrir growled. He looked at the other werewolves. "Get him out of my sight. Contain him. I don't want to see his filthy hide any more today." Several of the other werewolves wrestled James up and dragged him off.
Fenrir looked back at her.

"You did well for starters," he told her. "You don't need to climb, at least not now. You should have some ideas now about other things that you can work on until you gain some of your confidence. Are you sure you want to work with him next time? He's not predictable."
Fenrir Z. Greyback
Fenrir Z. Greyback

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top