[OPEN] On Borrowed Time - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

[OPEN] On Borrowed Time - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

[OPEN] On Borrowed Time

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[OPEN] On Borrowed Time - Page 4 Empty Re: [OPEN] On Borrowed Time

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun May 17, 2015 12:51 am

Adrienne looked at him properly when he replied, tilting her head to the side as she considered his words. It was a fair enough statement, she couldn't argue that. But she didn't actually know what she wanted.

"Scared? Yes. I am. But the chance, the opportunity, for something better is far less worrisome than staying in a marriage that could lead to those terrible things you mentioned. I don't have it in me to trust his family. I'm not sure I ever have. But at the time, it seemed like the best option..." she admitted, lifting one shoulder in a sort of shrug.

She finally looked down and noticed that his hand was still outstretched. Adrienne couldn't tell if it was an invitation to reach for him again or not, but after a moment she decided she didn't care. Extending her arm, she let her fingers brush across his palm so that she could settle her hand in his.

"I don't know how I'm going to deal with my current situation. I really don't. But I'm quite sure that, although Kaiden will have to leave, I don't want you to. So I suppose it's also about what you want. If I can handle things smoothly - or, at least, smoothly enough to get out of their hair... what next?"
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun May 17, 2015 2:27 am

"That does make it a twinge more complicated, then, doesn't it?" Adrienne asked, a smile somehow finding its way onto her face when she let out a quiet laugh.

"This is so not normal," she added under her breath. "Um. Well, first I obviously have to figure out how to convince Kaiden and his parents to go for the whole annulment thing. But after that's sorted... I suppose I'm mostly concerned with getting to know you. I should have asked earlier, but I don't even know if you're still at Hogwarts. After leaving last Christmas I didn't really keep in touch with many of the professors. Well, except Keiran but he's dreadful at remembering or sharing gossip, so he's useless when it comes to keeping me updated."

She shook her head and smiled fondly, but kept on. "I don't want to pile questions on now, and I much rather like learning things spontaneously. Like our conversation tonight. But there are some things I'll be innately curious about. Like how I didn't realize you were interested. Or why your family has the blood magic ordeal going at all. I know I could just toss everything I'm wondering about into the open, but that doesn't feel very organic."

She was rambling again. She hadn't been nervous like this very many times before, so perhaps it was a bit of a quirk that she just had not realized about herself.

"I don't suppose you're the formal date sort?" she asked, surprising herself.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun May 17, 2015 5:51 am

"I... I didn't mean to do so. But apparently I am," she admitted, her cheeks burning. In an effort to cover her dismay at being so forward, Adrienne ignored the fact that it was actually alcohol, and lifted her glass again.

When he spoke again, however, she realized how terrible that idea had been. She practically inhaled the drink from a sudden fit of laughter, and she had to actually clear her throat a few times before she dared an attempt at responding.

"I don't know about kilts. Although that is quite possibly the best thing I've heard in a long time. I mean, if that's more your style..." She shrugged. "Between the two of us, I'll confess I expected to be the one who was wearing the skirt."

A little smile pulled at her cheeks but she tried to sober herself enough to give him a straightforward response. Even if it came out as more of a question. "Are you suggesting that I should be the one to pick? I guess since I asked it's sort of my job, huh? I've always been one for surprises, but I think I could manage planning something."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun May 17, 2015 4:17 pm

Adrienne fidgeted. She was sorely tempted to lean around the edge of the table and look, even though she probably wouldn't have been able to tell. But that would have been awkward, and the rest of the evening had already been so strange that she wasn't sure it was worth making it worse.

"If you wear a suit, though, I'd have to wear something exceptionally fancy, wouldn't I? So maybe something slightly more casual, hmm?"

Adrienne glanced down at their hands, somehow surprised to feel him give hers a squeeze. The gesture wasn't something that she actually understood, but she rather enjoyed it, secretly.

"I'll publish a book on it, shall I?" She jested.

"I certainly didn't come in here expecting this, either. So how about I try to handle things with Kaiden and then get in touch with you?" She suggested, feeling a twinge of guilt for planning all of this before even talking to the person she could get into the most trouble with. But it was high time that she started considering her future for herself.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon May 18, 2015 5:43 am

Adrienne wanted to frown at his question, if only because she would have rather forgotten that they might actually go so far as to try and harm her in order to get what they wanted. But she knew better than anybody how questionable the politics of her husband's family could be. It was lucky they thought she and Kaiden got along, really. Otherwise, what might they have tried, just to get their way?

"You may regret making that offer," she warned him seriously. "I have no clue what he'll say when I tell him I want things to change. I don't know what to expect. You might just end up getting an owl at your window one day, and I'll be badgering you to let me in. It would be better for you to seriously consider how much crazy you can handle before saying something like that."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top