MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball  - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball  - Page 7 Empty Re: MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball

Post by Avis Summers Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:34 pm

The only reason why Avis was attending this ball was because of the fancy invitation she got. Her mother came from a wealthy pureblood family and though it was obvious, some people just closed their eyes when it came to her father who was just a muggle, yet who had accepted the fact that there were other beings rather than simple humans.

She was all prettied up, wearing a beautiful dress fitting the dress code that was mentioned in the invitation. She had a white gown, floor lenght and white gloves. Avis was not the fan of the jewelry, but was wearing earrings and necklace. She already felt odd and with that small fan that she squeezed between her fingers she realized that not only did she look scared and odd, she also understood that she did not belong there.

Everyone here, according to their act, were pureblood.
Avis looked down. Her mother and her friends, who helped her to get dressed and get her hair into proper position, told her that she looked pretty. Her skin, though pale, had sort of Italian complexion and her greenish brown eyes had their shine, but why did she feel so miserable?
Trying to avoid strangers, she moved in the crowd, trying to see if there were any familiar faces. She wanted to speak with someone she knew rather than making new friends.
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball  - Page 7 Empty Re: MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball

Post by Kaiden Poliakoff Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:52 pm

"Ever noticed how most Gryffindors are actually conceded in a way? Sure the brave stuff separates them from the Slytherins, but honestly, they would be a better for for our house."

Kaiden mumbled, as he looked at Damitrius. The girl didn't seem comfortable at all, and Kaiden just watched her, somewhat listening to what Andrei was saying. "You don't stand a chance against her for that. Seriously, she's a Gryffindor. In a family that really only has Slytherins. How much mote embarrassing can that get?" He asked.

Well, there was the fact that the girl was also a Dark Follower. A Gryffindor Dark Follower in a family that had mostly Slytherins. Wow. That sure was something. Andrei suggested calling her over and he shrugged. "Is that really such a good idea?" He questioned the suggestion. "I feel bad that she's alone, but do we really want to be around a Gryffindor?" There was that same shallow Kaiden everyone knew and most hated.

He would never learn to stop acting like that. He was raised a spoiled brat, that was what he would always be. "Hey Shadow, you look.." Kaiden looked her over, looking for the right word. It was strange seeing Shadow in a dress. "Er.. beautiful, tonight." That was the best thing he could come up with. Although, he was impressed with the way she looked.
Kaiden Poliakoff
Kaiden Poliakoff
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 418

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:33 pm

"The hat might call that brave but I just call it being bloody stupid. There's a difference between the two", he said rolling his eyes. Andrei never really liked the Gryffindor house and preferred to stay away from it, with a few exceptions of course. But then again he stayed away from some people in Ravenclaw as well. Guess stupidity isn't house specific. "I think you might be right. Then I need to step up my game, my friend. I took that prize home every year and this is not going to be the year I lose it", he said, faking to be serious and then bursting into a laugh. Although if you ask his family about this matter, they would not find it funny at all.

"Eh I don't really care to be honest. She would be weird if she was a Slytherin either way", said Andrei shrugging his shoulders. He finally caught a glimpse of his sister standing around a group of girls. He chuckled at her white dress and polished look. This was the first time he had seen her in small heels and a floor length and boy was it a sight to see. "Oh my, look what the cat dragged in. With puffy sleeves and all...", he said with a chuckle moving Kaiden so he could see Liesl in that group of girls. "I think they should host this every month, for I am thoroughly enjoying myself", he said with a laugh.

As his eyes kept scanning the room for familiar faces - not that he could really tell one girl apart from the other as they were all wearing very similar dresses - his gaze fell on a girl that was fluttering her fan awkwardly. With his attention caught, he easily recognized who it was and a smile appeared on his face. "Well bloody hell...", he said out loud, still staring at the girl. He always thought that Avis was pretty, and this was an obvious fact even if she didn't believe so. But while many girls looked rather ridiculous in their over-sized dressed, she looked...well amazing. It was a big different from being use to seeing her in the school uniform and jeans.

Realizing that both Shadow and Kaiden had been staring at him, he gulped. This was it, the moment he completely embarrasses himself in front of everyone. Only Shadow knew about Avis, but very little. Kaiden knew nothing, and Andrei had a feeling he wouldn't approve of his little crush interest with the Gryffindor girl. "I'll be right back", he said quickly as he walked towards Avis. "Hey, funny seeing you here. I didn't think you would come to something like this", he said standing next to her with a smile.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by Avis Summers Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:48 pm

She squeezed her fan.
Avis wanted to leave this ball, but she promised her mother that she'd tell her everything that has happened there. And of course her mind was filled with regret. Why did her mother stay at home? She was a popular woman, a rich woman, and she'd help Avis to get along with the others. And her daughter would meet new people. That's what she wanted, right? For Avis to meet people and make friends.

"You're spending too much time in your... Lab. Its about time for you to get out and see the world!" Were the words her mother had said to her before fitting her into that silly white dress. It was oversized, its tail got stuck between her legs and she had major difficulities standing up in those high heels. For middle class families those would cost fortune, but her mother fell in love with them at the first sight and even bought two pairs of the white high heels. "I want you to wear those when you graduate," she said to Avis, tucking the shoes into her huge bag.
"But I have a whole year ahead of me! What if I don't want to wear them?"
"Nonsence dearie, you'll love them.

But she did not. She wanted to take them off and throw them out of the window. If she'd be at home, she'd do that. Or she'd feed those shoes to the neighbors dog. He loved to chew them, and something leathery and expensive was just his taste. Avis did not notice that she was smiling at her own silly thoughts until she was approached by someone she did not expect to see. No, she did expect Andrei to be on this ceremony, but she did not expect him to come and talk to her.

"Hey," she replied, smiling again. Now when she was actually with someone she Knew, it felt much better. "I'm surprised by myself that I ended up coming here," she confessed, looking down at her dress. She felt so strange in it. "But you look dashing. You should wear a suit more often. It suits you," she complimented.
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Alaric Krum Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:49 am

“I still don’t understand why they must be here, mum.”

“Alaric! They are your brothers. Now, not another word of this.”

As soon as Kalina pulled on her stern tone of voice, Alaric knew better than to push it again. Yet, he could not help but feel the gleams of mischief on the faces of his brothers. Sure, they had no ill intentions. Yet, they were certainly around to tease him, even if mother had insisted that they were needed as the male figures over him in a social setting like that. After all, no Pureblood families are led by a woman. Clearly, though, she had forgotten about the Delacours. He couldn’t blame her if she did. He, too, was having trouble trying to forget about them too. There was nothing wrong with that family. What bothered him was how it was so clear that Gisele hated the fact that the elders had decided that a union between the two would make the best for both families. From the look on the girl’s face during their visit to the French Chateau, Alaric knew it was a mistake. But, of course, Kalina was dismissive of it. No teenager jumps for joy when they meet their betroths initially, she had insisted. And then that stern tone of voice was used, which meant that he was never to push for that subject again.

With a sigh of resignation, Alaric stepped into the ballroom, prodded by Giorgio. It was no use trying to maintain a distance from them and trying to stick close to Kalina instead; Giorgio and Gustav wasted no spaces, and followed the two, even as their eyes scanned the crowd hastily. Kalina did so, too; but it was clear that unlike her sons, she was not checking out for the female population at the ball. Instead, she eyed the men warily to ensure where Elijah Krum was located at. As soon as that was done, a mental note was made, as usual, to keep him away from the family, especially her older sons, who had ensured that an entrance was made after the Deputy Minister’s speech.

Similarly, Alaric attempted to avoid the gaze of the others in the ballroom, unsuccessfully attempting to hide behind his mother. And then, suddenly, there was chaos. Briefly, he looked up just in time to see Elijah Krum sprinting towards where there seemed to be a commotion at. Alaric frowned and glanced at his brothers, but the two showed no indication of having noticed their cousin. Yet, even if they did, nothing was supposed to happen. It had been awhile since Krums turned up in numbers. There was no occasion for any reason to do so for a rather long time. Still, conflict was best avoided, if ever. Deciding against speaking to his brothers about the matter, Alaric turned away and continued to stick close to Kalina.

“Have you seen Gisele?”

Alaric groaned internally, then looked at his mother and shook his head. It wasn't that he minded the girl; not at all. In fact, if she had seemed more interested, he would have felt more relieved about the fact that she was to be the girl he will marry. Instead, he could only doubt himself and - there, he spotted her - watch her float about with admirers hot on her heels.
Alaric Krum
Alaric Krum
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Krum Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:49 am

It seemed soon all the Krums would be gathered here at the ball. Oliver smiled slightly and bumped into the table where Cecilia had been seated. It was pointless to approach the younger of the two know children of Viktor Krum and his deceased wife, so off Oli went in his pursuit of Elijah.
The one thing he did find odd was that no one had even given him a look like they normally did when he was on one of his little escapades. Most would wonder why he talked to know one and stalked around the room his eyes glued on someone who they could not determine as he watched everyone else, or so he thought. The only time he didn't get this look was in more causal events when he would take his camera and hide behind the lens.
The boy narrowed his eyes and took up a little faster pace.
Oliver Krum
Oliver Krum

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiden Poliakoff Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Kaiden couldn't help the grin that crossed his face when he was moved by Andrei to face the direction where Liesl was. He chuckled softly and looked at Andrei. "I agree with you there. Seeing this every month.. it would be the highlight of my day." He laughed. Andrei's attention seemed to be drawn to someone and Kaiden looked in the direction which his friend was staring at but didn't really see anything or anyone that interested him.

He shrugged and decided to give up looking for whatever Andrei was staring at and he just side glanced at his friend. Andrei seems to have noticed that he and Shadow were looking at him and he walked off toward the person he'd been staring at. "Looks like someone has a crush." he said teasingly and rather bluntly as he looked at Shadow with a smirk. His attention was drawn to the d'Eath girl once again though, and he wondered if it was a good idea to approach her.

"I'll be right back Shadow." He walked off in the direction of the girl and crossed his arms over his chest as he approached her. "Well what do we have here?" He asked with an eyebrow raised. "The d'Eath outcast. Didn't think I'd see you here, Damitrius. Thought you didn't like these things." He said in a tone that was rather unusual of him. Damitrius looked at him and scoffed.

"I can say the same of you Poliakoff." She replied. "You're the last person I'd expect to see here. What happened? Your sister blackmail you or something?" She hit the nail right on the head without even trying. Kaiden laughed and shrugged. "Or maybe I was just hoping to see you?" he smirked at her and Damitrius laughed. "Yeah right."
Kaiden Poliakoff
Kaiden Poliakoff
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 418

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaric B. MacIntyre Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:23 am

Julius walked inside the ballroom, and saw that the room already filled with people. He had thought that this room would be somehow crowded, but this was too much. With this numbers of pureblood, surely their family wouldn't find it hard to find any suittable marriage candidates. He sighed, although he hates crowd, Julius was curious about this party. But, well, now he found out that many beautiful girls are practically everywhere inside this room. No wonder people like to go to parties.

He walked pass dancing couples, chit-chatting groups, to get to the side of the room. It was rather empty around the refreshments table, since everybody are busy talking or dancing. He stood in the corner, leaning against a large marmer pillar, watching everything, maybe his siblings would be here too. Because despite that his tainted family blood, they are still a pureblood. He wants to at least have one best friend. Julian saw a girl standing alone near the refreshments table, enjoying some sort of cake covered with chocolate. He made up his mind, and walked there.
Alaric B. MacIntyre
Alaric B. MacIntyre

Number of posts : 161
Special Abilities : Telekenisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Macnair Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:04 am

Shadow rolled her eyes at Kaiden and gave him a playful shove before see seen him walking over towards Damitrius d'Eath. Shadow didn't know much about the girl other then she was a gryffindor seventh year that was part of the dark followers. Although Shadow had to say, for a Gryffindor she sure had some spunk. Hating to be left alone Shadow decided to get something to drink and find a empty table to sit at. Walking over towards the refreshment table shadow got her some punch careful not to spill none on her white dress.

Taking a sip of her punch Shadow started feeling a bit more calmer then she was for some odd reason. "Maybe someone spiked the punch!"Shadow thought to herself shrugging off the thought. It was no big deal, it wasn't like Shadow didn't have spiked punch before. Looking around she seen Andrei talking to Avis and Kaiden talking to Damitrius who were both Gryffindors. Shadow couldn't help but not to laugh at the thought of it, seeing how she knew they really didn't like Gryffindors but here they were talking to them.

Looking at the chocolate at the table Shadow groaned at the sight of it. "Mother will kill me if she found out that I had chocolate, but what she doesn't know won't hurt her!"said Shadow smirking. Grabbing some chocolate Shadow took a bite of it glad to have some chocolate after not having none in a month.
Shadow Macnair
Shadow Macnair
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top