MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball  - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball  - Page 4 Empty Re: MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:39 am

A few hours before the ball:
Ne'OS had some things to take care of before he could attend the festivities. He was searching what remained of Emof Manor for his family's sigil. Of course life was never easy, and he never truly expected to find anything like that intact. With a soft pop he appeared in his shop. His family had ceased to be true pure blood when he was killed. His only descendants were vampire who carried blood from the Emof line and the Burns line. Then it hit him. Vampire blood. He could make a sigil around that. After all the only thing higher than pure blood in his eyes was vampire blood. Wand in hand he moved into a familiar trance like state as he began to form an artifact.

One half hour before the ball:
He set his wand down on the shops counter. The artifact was simple yet elegant. It was a small hourglass set in a decorative silver amulet. Inside the hourglass was a bit of his blood. He could see the mechanisms of the spell he had inlaid into the amulet settle and then fade to a point only someone who knew what to look for would see the magic. He placed the amulet around his neck and walked over to a mirror that he had hanging in the shop.

He let his concentration fall onto the amulet and with confidence he said "Begin." The hourglass slowly started to revolve letting the empty side reach the bottom and the stop to let the blood drain into the other half of the glass. As it did the blood turned pitch black to represent his side of the blood. The hourglass turned over again. It then turned bright gold to represent Samantha's side. He payed close attention as the enchanted blood entered the middle passage between the two sides of the hourglass. The blood turned a strikingly magnificent silver to represent their children and their uniqueness as being the only children born from two vampires.

20 minutes after the beginning of the ball:
Ne'Os had been so caught up in watching his creation he had lost track of time. He managed to get changed into the clothing he was required to wear. He even placed the white Calla Lily in his Lapel. Not that he was seeking a mate. He knew he could never truly settle down with anyone unless they were a vampire. It would be difficult for him to have to find a new mate when one died of old age or other circumstances that came with living with a vampire. He picked up his wand from the sales counter and with a whoosh of green flames in his fireplace he disappeared.

The Ballroom of the ministry of magic looked simply amazing. He had heard of these events but never actually been to one. It was as he expected. Everything was as it should be. A true statement of the wealth and power that being pure blood brought. He looked around at the other guests. He couldn't help but wonder how many of them knew the true significance of such an event.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball  - Page 4 Empty Re: MASS THREAD: The Débutante Ball

Post by Random Event Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:59 am

Ne'os Emof was a fugitive at large in the Wizarding World. As soon as he entered the Ministry of Magic alarms were triggered all over the building.

Down in the Ballroom, the personal alerts of a dozen aurors were similarly activated. In moments, the vampire found himself surrounded.

Random Event
Random Event

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:37 am

Domi walked slowly behind her mother, clenching a bit of her white gown with both hands. Oh, well, she was trained for this kind of event. Fleur and her do love playing princesses. And for this special ball, Fleur had a very beautiful gown made. Simple yet beautiful. The gown came with a matching glove. Her mother even borrowed grandmere's pearl necklace for Domi. Actually, after heard what her mother said about this ball, to find her a good marriage candidate, Domi refused to go. It was silly, really. She is barely 16 years old. She won't be married until, oh five or six years later. But again, she just couldn't say no to her mother, especially after seeing what she brought with her that day, a very beautiful white gown.

They arrived at the party. When Domi stepped into the room, she saw so many people inside. "Merlin's beard!! Maman, you really do trying to kill me." she muttered with a low groan. She stood there, too afraid to take another step. Her mother walked pass her, gave her a smile and told her to blend in. And then she left her there all alone. Domi sighed. She took a deep breath and walked inside. Hoping to find somebody she knew.

Domi opened her fan and wave it in front of her face, to gave her more oxygen to breath. She walked to the refreshment table and find many sweets there. She took one chocolate from the table. It really do taste good. "Well, maybe this party wasn't bad at all." she thought and enjoying her chocolate.
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 832

http://www.houseofmagic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Audrey Montague Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Audrey entered the ballroom slowly, taking her time to see who was around. She was one of the few that entered alone, but she perfered it that way. She liked making the point that she didn't neec someone on her arm. It wasn't the pureblood way of doing things, but Audrey dcidn't mind standing out a bit, if she got to do things her own way.

She could almost feel the forced nature of conversation in the crowd of people around her. More than half the room, Audrey was sure, didn't want to be here. The other half were the teenage girls, adorned in white dresses not quite meant for their age, and fighting amongst themselves for the attention of the eligible men in the room. Audrey found it all rather pointless and egotistical.

As she looked through the room, she noticed Andrei and Kaiden. Andrei looked preoccupied with Shadow, and Kaiden looked extraordinarily uncomfortable. She smiled a bit, knowing bothing of the boys didn't want to be here, and they surely hated the attire, though it suited them better than most. After making a mental note to stop by there, she found the person she'd been looking for.

Navigating through the packs of people, all the while being watched because of her very white dress, she found Penny. "Oh, Penny, starting the party with out me?" She asked, with a huge smile. Her friend looked somewhat flushed, but realived. Penny's dress looked fantastic, but it brought eyes that Audrey was sure made her feel completely ridiculous and uncomfortable. Audrey didn't mind the stares, but Penny didn't like drawing attention to herself. "Sorry I'm late, love. And hello, Liesl. You both look fantastic." She said, with and honest smile. "What've I missed?"
Audrey Montague
Audrey Montague
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 136
Special Abilities : Empath, Legilimens in training

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustus Rookwood Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:40 pm

It wasn’t easy. Yet, Augustus never expected it to be this difficult. There was no need to wait for Cordelia to be ready. There was no need to watch as the House Elves fluttered about at her whims. There was no need to sigh and be secretly pleased that a woman – his woman – was going through so much effort for a beauty to match his worth. No, he was not going to get to show her off this time. He had always been seemingly nonchalant about it. Yet, with her absence, Augustus felt the pangs of incapacity. His part of the family was not complete without her.

Still, he had to go. The Rookwoods have to go. It was another one of those balls to make a statement about the solidarity of one’s family. This was especially important for a family with sufficient history and influence. All of Rookwood was going to turn up, and in style, too. Besides, it was really Katarina’s day. Augustus could not help but wish that Cordelia was around to help him see to the introduction of their first daughter. Without Cordelia, how was he going to know how to do what he was supposed to do? Suddenly, it dawned on the man how much he had relied on a woman he barely gave credit to for his successes.

Augustus did not have to fuss over what the protocol was at the ball, as soon as he stepped in with Katarina, Athena, and Kendall. After directing a nod of acknowledgement towards Elijah, Augustus grabbed a flute of champagne that was offered to him before heading in the direction of one Adolphus Avery, leaving the other three to their own devices first.

“They’re ready.” He started as soon as he found himself close enough to investigate the back of Adolphus’ head. Shifting to look in the direction that Adolphus was looking at, Augustus nodded and took a sip of champagne.

“The owl came. Whenever we are ready.” Then, with a smirk, “I assume you’re not opposed to giving Cerelia a break today? After all, we’re both here. I’m sure we can speak without her part for now.” Augustus began to search the crowd for the familiar face of the girl.

“Any expectations about her and the gentlemen here?”
Augustus Rookwood
Augustus Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 138
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Occlumency, Animagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonin Rookwood Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:20 pm

Raghnall had come along when it was Kendall’s first time at the ball. The expression on the old man’s face was not pretty at all when the boy had gone around dancing with every other possible girl in the room, consciously leaving out that one that had been decided by the older Rookwood men to be the one he was to have. More than a couple of years later, Kendall walked through the door again with the same look of smug satisfaction on his face. Yet, it was for reasons very different from the ones he had had as a teenage boy. Stealing yet another glance at Athena, he smirked in delight.

Earlier, the man had been apprehensive about attending the ball, despite a promise made to be a source of support for Katarina. He didn’t need more pangs added from reminders of how much they all needed Cordelia. Yet, as soon as Athena had emerged from the room, it was so very difficult for him to keep his eyes off her. Even as he entered the ball with Athena around his arm, Kendall could not quell the swelling pride he felt. Taking the opportunity of whispering inconsequential comments to her, Kendall allowed himself to steal whiffs of her scent, smiling to himself with every breath of her that he took.

Happily, Kendall extended his arm and brought Athena closer to him with a hand at her waist. The warmth of his body wrapped her close, and as soon as Augustus and Katarina sauntered off with their own pursuits, Kendall turned and planted a kiss on Athena’s forehead. He hugged her close before deciding that it was time to be social again. With that, he returned his hand to her waist again and began to stroll through the crowd. It was only when he spotted the familiar face of Elijah that Kendall began to lead both him and Athena towards a particular direction.

“They don’t make them as pretty as they were nowadays, do they?” He started as soon as the pair got to Elijah. “Or have I outgrown the teensy girls now that I’ve got a woman myself?” Still smug, Kendall turned to glance at Athena, chuckling at the look on her face. Then, returning his attention back to Eli, he frowned in mild wonder.

“Where’s Mira? She owes me a dance.”
Antonin Rookwood
Antonin Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Krum Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Ignoring the alarms that were going off all over the building and walked into the the ballroom with the best posture he could bring him self to stand with, and his head held high. Fixing his bow tie he looked around recognized a girl sitting at the table as Cecilia Krum who he had seen only once before in his life. Everyone else he was just seeing for the first time. He walked around leisurely looking for the Father he had never known. He shook his head at all the Debutantes in their white ball gowns mingling with their friends and the guys watching them from afar if not talking directly to them.
Oliver Krum
Oliver Krum

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Ne'Os found himself in a situation he had not expected. He hoped that the Ministry would see the room of potential corpses, and not antagonize the vampire. But instead he found himself surrounded by aurors. Fighting was out of the option. He could probably take out one or two aurors before he was killed, or captured. Running would not work he would be stopped rather quickly. His only hope was to reason with them.

"well it would appear I have lost this round in our game of cat and mouse. I wondered how many times I could enter the Ministry of Magic before I was captured. I wonder if you will grant me a request before I am hauled off to Azkaban. Let me enjoy the ball, and I then I will accompany you wherever," he said. He wondered if the aurors would be willing to let the vampire go. He knew that such a thing would never happen.

He looked around the room again. Oddly enough it appeared no one had yet noticed the event.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:30 pm

Nothing could go right for Elijah Krum. If it did, he’d be trampled the next morning in his own home by some sort of flash mob. He’d learned to deal with things going awry and moved quickly through the crowd when the Aurors closed in around Ne’Os Emof. Elijah whispered briefly in the head of the pack’s ear to watch the man for the rest of the evening but waved the rest of them away, glaring at a few hesitant stragglers. They melted away back into the crowd but the Auror Elijah had spoken to lingered. Regardless of this, Elijah opened his arms and smiled warmly at the vampire.

“Mr Emof.” Elijah held out his hand for the man to shake. “I do believe you’re still on our wanted list.” He was jovial despite the seriousness of the matter. “Nevermind that, though. This is an event of neutrality. Stay and enjoy the ball. We’ll continue hunting you down tomorrow, hmm?” Elijah’s face grew grave for a moment, adding, “No funny business though, if you please. This is quite a civilised affair and I would rather we didn’t begin the season with bloodshed – we do start as we mean to go on, after all.”

Elijah left the man’s side with one last shake of his hand and left the Auror to shadow Emof. Elijah continued to busy himself with greeting people but could not deny his joy when he found his friends. Elijah embraced Athena tightly and she laughed in his ear, not used to being squeezed quite like that, and he released her before tugging Kendall into a bro-hug. Elijah smiled at his friend’s comment and shook his head.

“I couldn’t possibly comment, my friend.” He replied diplomatically, earning a smile of approval from Athena. “Mira?” Elijah blinked. He’d brought her but this was the first time he’d thought of her since he’d opened the ball. “Gosh, uh...she’s about here somewhere. I’m not sure. I’ve not seen her. Athena, you look beautiful by the way.” Elijah complimented the woman easily and her lips pouted a little. She ducked her head and for a moment, Elijah realised her weariness. She lifted it again and smiled warmly at him, the tiredness evaporating. Elijah sobered himself and returned her grin before looking at Kendall once more. “Do you know where Kat is? I wanted to wish her good luck.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top