Follow The Leader
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Follow The Leader Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Follow The Leader

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Follow The Leader Empty Follow The Leader

Post by Alexander Jones Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:39 pm

When I say go, when I say viva.

Alex said, as he started to do parkour around the courtyard, as a whole bunch of kids studied, socialized, or other things. That time of his day was his 'me' time, no Sam, no no one. It was the morning he used to get ready for the rest of the day, and get lose, he jumped through the railing, and front flipped over two kids socializing, as the looked at him in amazement. Then he took a few steps up a wall, and held on to the top, pushing himself up. And then, standing at the edge of the wall, he back flipped and landed it. The took off running, as he ran up another wall, and stood on the roof of the castle parts that surrounded the courtyard, and ran around, doing whatever he could, a couple of handstands, the jumped up as high as he could and landed in the courtyard, being active is what helped him find peace.

Then he took off running, flipping over people sitting down, in one circumstance, while he side flipped over one, they high fived him. As he stopped, his heart was beating hard from the adrenaline rush he had just gotten, as he was about to walk back to the common room, he saw a certain girl, who he had seen before, reading a book, then remembered the certain girl. He walked closer and pointed his wand at her, "Accio." He said jokingly to gain the girls attention.

Alex's outfit

((Sorry about the slight godmod.))
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Follow The Leader Empty Re: Follow The Leader

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:05 am

Teddy was minding her own business- therefore, she should have known she was sure to get in trouble. To be fair, she was not as innocent as she seemed. Though only under the guise of herself studying on the edge of a planter. Her Ravenclaw uniform was neatly pressed, and her tight-clad legs crossed elegantly- as elegantly as a fourteen year old girl could be, anyway. She tapped her heels to an imaginary beat, her ears straining.

She could hear a conversation going on behind her as she stared at the page of the book, the lines blurring together as she strained to hear the conversation. It was something about Spice, again, and she discreetly pulled a pen out and begun jotting notes in the margins of the book.

She heard a nearby voice and she felt her book start to leave her grip and she tightened her hold, looking up at whoever it was that had ruined her peace and concentration. She rolled her eyes as she identified him. "Bite me," was her kind greeting.
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:44 am

Alex looked at the watch, it was around nine o'clock, looking at the other kids, realizing that some of them were asleep on the grass. The misty morning seemed to relax people. He looked at the girl, and when she said 'Bite Me'. Alex had controlled himself from making a perverted joke, but it wouldn't have been his fault, she walked into that one. "Hey, what's with the mean words?" Alex said, although some people might've found it harassing, Alex was not one of those guys. He was pretty nice, until you made him angry, which would take a lot. Surprising, considering his mother was a hothead, and his sister was too.

He walked over and sat next to the girl, "Alright here, let's start over, my name's Alex Jones. What about yours?" Alex asked, curious to know what her name was, as he had never asked.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:21 am

Teddy looked up at the boy, before allowing her eyes to look down at the page she had been reading, her eyes greeting the words she had never actually read. No one would guess it, she was sure- she was a Ravenclaw and she had a book; therefore, she had to be diligently reading. She responded without looking up, saying, "Mean is relative. My words were fairly pleasant if you consider the regard I have for you."

He introduced himself and she pointedly read her book, only responding with, "You may call me Emma Woodhouse, and you might be Mr. Elton." Surely, he was not well-read enough to understand that she meant she found a difficult, persistent boy she could never find pleasant emotions for."
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:35 am

Alex let out a chuckle, there would be no way that Alex could say something to her without a snarky comment. The worst thing he had done to her, was well.... Flirt with her. And Alex wasn't sure that it was that bad. It was mostly just a joke, which to be honest, wasn't the first time Alex pulled off a joke like that, he'd done it before to a couple of girls, but had never really gotten the same reaction from her.

Then the girl made a comment about Alex being Mr. Elton, and her being Emma Woodhouse. Alex knew what she meant, he had read to book 'Emma' out of boredom once, and watched reruns of show back in 2009 called 'Emma', Alex even remembered the opening line of the book, Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich, with a comfortable home and happy disposition, seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence; and had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world with very little to distress or vex her.

Alex looked at her and said, "I don't see why I have to be him, when I can be Mr. Knightley."
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:29 am

Teddy had comfortably, happily, proudly returned her attention back to her book, sure she had stumped him, and even more sure that when he realized he was battling a superior life form, he would give up altogether. She recrossed her legs and settled her book onto her lap, this time beginning to peruse its contents with the serious, intentional purpose of actually reading from it.

However, his response caught her off guard. Her head jerked up and her eyes widened, brows lowering to create a rather comic look indeed. She began to open her mouth. "But..." she breathed. "You don't-" She stared at him a second and it was at that terrible moment that the feminine part of her brain made just the sort of observation she usually tried to repress, only now awakened by being tempted to believe he might be intelligent- He's cute. She closed her mouth with a snap and looked away. He had aggravated her by appearing to be somewhat sufficient. "Go away."
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:44 am

Alex could see he had struck a nerve there, but instead of feeling happy, he felt a bit guilty about it. Had he literally just mindfreaked her? "Hey listen, I'm sorr-" But then he had been cut off by her, telling him to go away. Alex raised his arms, and stood up, "Alright, ok. But just because I'm not a Ravenclaw, doesn't mean I'm any less intelligent." Alex said. Because if being smart, just got you into Ravenclaw, then a whole bunch of kids would be in there. It was their personality, Alex's was fun, loving.

Alex looked at her, "If I wasn't smart, and you'd be as smart as I say you are, which I'm not saying you are not smart. But you would've noticed that I was not checking you out, but deducing that you," Alex said, gathering all the info he had in his encyclopedia mind. "You chew your lip, a lot, your are brutally honest, but you can lie like an expert when you feel like it. But you hate lies, which makes you a hypocrite. You are obsessive, just like I am, when I'm trying to solve a case." Alex said, he had more, but didn't feel like going on all day.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:09 am

She rolled her eyes. She hated when people from the other Houses did this, argued their intelligence. If they were so intelligent, why were they not in the House that most treasured it? She could forgive the Gryffindors, for bravery could outshine intelligence. Even pride could excuse the Slytherins? But what over bearing trait forgave the Hufflepuffs? Being easy going was not separate from intelligence, and it did not outshine it. She could barely call her fellow Ravenclaws worthy of mind- no Hufflepuff could convince her they were even close to brilliant ever.

He continued to speak and she closed her book, speaking over his observations of her, saying. "You are a creep. You are a stalker and a creep and I want you to leave me a-" But the word 'case' hit her. She stopped, though she maintained her glare. She fought her inner curiosity, her itch to know more. She sighed in defeated and reached up to push her blonde hair back. "What do you mean- case?"
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:42 am

Alex didn't really like people from Ravenclaw, Talon and Bella being a exception, as they where cool with Alex. But most of the Ravenclaw's thought they were smarter than everyone else, and that if they where so smart, why weren't they in Ravenclaw. It wasn't Alex's fault, the sorting hat put him in, there had been plenty of people who had been smart and been put in different houses. Alex was just another, though Alex was intelligent, never getting a bad mark in his life, he was also just, and loyal, like a hufflepuff should be. He was a fair person, who didn't judge people until he got to knew them, and he was loyal as can be, he was loyal to people who had his respect. To his friends and family.

Then Teddy started calling Alex a freak, which made Alex mad, since it happened a lot when he deduced people. People started calling him that, but just like this girl right here, she was probably scared that she was that easy to figure out. "Case?" Alex asked, Damn it, I mentioned it, what the hell am I going to do now? Alex sighed, himself, as he sat the on the ground, realizing his mistake. "I um.. Have this knack for solving cases and mysteries, and making perfect deductions, I can see small details in everything, that's how I figured you out. And also, I used to read a whole bunch of detective novels. So I pretty much had my first skill, now I have more, but I'm not going to get into that. So anyway, I could used what I learned from detective novels, and my skills of deduction, to solve difficult mysteries." Alex said. "The police were trying to solve a case once, about who robbed my neighbors house, it was easy for me, I solved it. And I was taken to the police station because they thought I was the robber since I knew too much. But then the police followed my instructions, and found the killer. Though the police took all the credit for what I did." Alex said. "I solved lots more, murder, kidnapping, robberies where a hobby for me to solve. And I was like the police departments very own consulting detective. But..... Uh, yeah, I don't do that anymore... Not since-" Alex said, but cut himself off, as he didn't wanna say he had gotten his brother killed, and he just shut up.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:35 am

Teddy knew that that sleazy, obnoxious, junk reporting Aria Greyback was also in Teddy's line of business, but she had no idea that another story follower might have existed among the walls of Hogwarts- which was embarrassing, really, as she dwelt in secrets. However, she rarely paid the Hufflepuffs any attention - this was one of the rare occasions where they actually had anything interesting about them.

His story was far-fetched, and she could tell by his fake modesty that she was supposed to be very impressed. She stared at him, blinking a few times as he wrapped up his story. She said, "Wow," her voice deceiving her disinterest as she pretended to care. "I think that..." she paused and then dropped the look of fake wonder and sweetness. "You're full of sh!t."

She stood and headed for the castle, done with him.
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top