I prefer to follow
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I prefer to follow Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I prefer to follow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I prefer to follow Empty I prefer to follow

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Mon May 10, 2010 6:29 pm

Calvin was sitting down on one of the many benches in the Atrium, watching
the witches and wizards walk about, shoving their way past one another. He
held the layouts to the elevators in his hands, which he had gotten from one
of the other ministry members, whom he knew was a fool just begging to get
his job taken away from him- but then again, so was he. Calvin looked back
down at the paper, fallowing the many lines and numbers with his eyes, retain-
ing all of the information, soaking it all up. He tapped elevator two, which was
the one that he had ridden the other day, the elevator that had caused him so
much trouble with the Minister. He was planning on shutting down the elevator
and then sending a few men down the shaft with his instructions. Calvin knew
what he was doing when it came to electronic systems, and he knew nothing
could go wrong on his part, other than the Minister finding out what he was
doing, that is.

Standing up, Calvin folded the large sheet of paper up, not watching where he
was going, as usual. He felt his foot collide with something hard only seconds
before hitting the marble floor, face down. He gasped, his head had hit the floor
pretty hard, and Calvin wasn’t very good with pain. He rolled onto his stomach,
only avoiding being stepped on by an inch, and sat up, rubbing his forehead wi-
th a pained expression.
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

I prefer to follow Empty Re: I prefer to follow

Post by Jack Wickim Mon May 10, 2010 6:48 pm

Jack was looking over his manual that he had received earlier that day which explained his duties as an auror and some of the rules he could not break. It was a pretty hefty manual and most of it covered just the general rules of the Ministry and did not pertain to him. Well, it did pertain to him, but it was mostly common knowledge things. Some of them were quite ridiculous like do not walk around with your shoes untied, he just laughed at that one.

He was actually excited even though he had so much to read, he had finally gotten the position he had wanted for so many years. Grinning, he closed the book and he stepped out of the staircase and into the atrium. He was the new guy so he had been introducing himself to the proper people and a few people whom he had no idea what they did. His first day as a Ministry worker had been a pretty swell one.

As he was walking out of the staircase, he saw someone topple over in front of everyone. Instinctively he laughed to himself, but it was not really at the person, just at the situation. The poor guy fell in front of everyone. The worst part of it was, no one was stopping to help him. Being the chivalrous bastard that he was, Jack made his way over to him quickly. When he reached him he bent down and hooked his hand under the mans armpits and lifted him pretty easily into the air. He was a pretty light guy, much lighter than Jack had expected.

"Gotta watch that air cause it'll get ya sometimes." Jack said with a grin while bending down to pick up some papers the guy had dropped. Standing up, he outstretched his hand as a greeting and smiled. "Not the best circumstances to meet under, but oh well. I am Jack Wickim, the new guy."
Jack Wickim
Jack Wickim

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

I prefer to follow Empty Re: I prefer to follow

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Mon May 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Before Calvin even realized what was going on, he was standing on his feet again. He
removed his hand from his forehead and looked at the guy who had helped him up. Calvin
had never seen him around the Ministry before, but then again, that could have been bec-
ause of the large amount of people that worked there. Some people said that getting a job
at the Ministry was impossible, but, if that was true, how did so many people get that imp-
ossible job- or an even better question, how did Calvin get that impossible job?

Dusting the sleeves of his jacket, Calvin thanked the man for assisting him. He wondered
why no one had helped him up when so very many people had seen him fall. Perhaps
these people are as self centered and bitter as you would think,
he thought, adjusting
his black rimmed spectacles.

Calvin laughed at the man’s joke, quickly taking the papers from him before he had a chan-
ce to figure out what they actually were; whenever Calvin felt that he was in danger of
losing his job, or getting caught, he tended to act even more suspicious then he would ha-
ve been had he not even tried to cover his tracks in the first place. It was an unfortunate
thing really… it meant that he would never be able to become a secret agent, but that wa-
sn’t really a job Calvin wanted anyway; quite a bit of leadership was involved in that career.

“Well nice to meet you Jack Wickim the new guy!” He greeted, shaking his hand. So that was
why Calvin had never seen him around before; this kind fellow was new to the Ministry.
Well, it is my job to make him feel welcome! Calvin decided, a geeky grin on his face. “Wh-
at job did you get?” He asked curiously. "Oh, and I'm Calvin Ransom, weird last name, right?"
he introduced himself.
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum