For what it's worth, I think I'm still in love with you.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

For what it's worth, I think I'm still in love with you. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

For what it's worth, I think I'm still in love with you.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

For what it's worth, I think I'm still in love with you. Empty For what it's worth, I think I'm still in love with you.

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 pm

London would always amaze Elijah. The one thing he’d fallen in love with lately was a little second hand bookshop on the corner of some little obscure street a few yards away from the Leaky Cauldron. It wasn’t nearly as dingy as that road. In fact it was a lot brighter. There were Muggles everywhere – even Wizards – and Elijah could spend hours sat in there with a cup of coffee and a random hardback that he’d plucked off of the shelves; and he had. He’d been in thee since nine o’clock that morning – opening time. London was where the Krums had found themselves as deals went on with the Lupin family. Viktor had bought a townhouse and they’d set up shop there with a lot of them coming and going just like they did at the manor. He had already filled up most of the bookshelves in his room and Viktor was complaining a great deal about having to buy yet another one when he’d already bought three or more. Elijah had every intention of buying more today though he didn’t know what just yet.

The bell above the door rang and Elijah looked up from the narrative to see Georgio walk through the door. His motorcycle helmet was slung on his forearm and he pursed his lips when he finally found Elijah – putting on a look that suggested he’d been looking for him for hours. Elijah frowned and put his arm into the air. He brought it back down, pleased that his sleeve had fallen back, and looked at his watch. Two o’clock. Fair enough. That was enough time to warrant some sort of search party; and knowing Viktor, he was probably a bit more anxious than Elijah was about him going AWOL for a day or so. Georgio took a piece of parchment out of the pocket of his jacket and tossed it to Elijah. The Bulgarian caught the parchment and put his thumb between the pages of his book to keep his place. Elijah scanned the sheet of parchment. It was an address – and an obscure one at that.

“What is this?” Elijah asked, looking up at his cousin in confusion. Georgio smiled and leaned over. He pulled one of his leather gloves off and ran his callused finger across the top line of writing. Elijah blinked, still not understanding, and Georgio hit him around the back of the head with his glove. “What?!” Elijah exclaimed, quickly becoming exasperated with him.

“That my dear friend is where your ex-fiancée lives.” Elijah blinked at Georgio and the dark-haired Krum merely smiled back at him. “Well, what are you just sitting there for? Forget the tattoo on your back for a second you stupid sod. Forget what you owe to Mira – to your dad – and just go and see that bloody woman. She’s caused this family more trouble than any of us could have anticipated and quite frankly, I couldn’t think of anything better than for you to go and sort things out with her. We need this family on good terms with her. I liked her. I still do. A lot. She’s a nice girl but you cocked up. Literally. Now GO!”

And so, Elijah bolted out of his seat. He took a few pound notes and gave them to the owner before stuffing his books into his bag and shooting out of the bookshop. He ran down the road, to the nearest alleyway, and Apparated behind a bunch of dumpsters. Elijah gasped as the tube squeezed his body and he clamped his eyes shut, focusing on the destination.

He landed with all of his limbs though that didn’t stop him from falling to the ground. Elijah laughed a little to himself and sat up again, scrambling quickly to his feet. He pushed his hair out of his eyes and looked around in search of the house that the coordinates suggested would be there. All he saw was woodland though. Elijah whirled around and found himself face to face (figuratively) with a house that rose up of the ground in wood. Elijah cleared his throat and ran a hand through his hair. He jumped up the steps and scuffed his feet on the welcoming mat. Elijah lifted his arm and clenched his fist before banging his knuckles on the door. He just hoped against hope she was in. Then of course his second worry was that she’d slam the door in his face as soon as she set eyes on him. He didn’t blame her though. Elijah also wondered whether she’d let him see Kitty – the little girl who he’d not seen since the day Chase had walked out on him. Elijah swallowed back the emotions that were threatening to rear again and he leaned over to the right, peering through the window curiously though the net curtains obscured both him and his view.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

For what it's worth, I think I'm still in love with you. Empty Re: For what it's worth, I think I'm still in love with you.

Post by Chastity Moor Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:57 pm

Chase was finally getting a small rest. She had put her clothes in the closet in a bedroom in the back. Kitty was in a crib she had managed to secure, and she was sitting on what appeared to be a futon. It was empty other then that. Her only glass was pursed to her lips, sipping in hot water. It was nice being able to make boiling water come out of your wand, when you didn't have a teapot, but never mind that. Her money had been stolen, shortly after she had bought the house, and a few of the things with it. She had gotten a car, which was parked out back, the crib, and a bed, and then it had said she was out of money, which didn't make sense, she had plenty, went to Gringotts, found it had been all taken out earlier that day... Chase had cried, good and hard on that one, but managed to make the most of it. She had spent the rest of the day cleaning up the house.

Red hair pulled back into a ponytail, sweat across her forehead, a smudge of dirt on her cheek, she looked like a girl from the movies that had just moved in, only usually they had stuff with them. Chase leaned back and sipped her tea, taking in her refreshing break, when suddenly there was a knock on the door. Chase sat bolt upright, no one knew her new home yet.. she hadn't even told Calvin for Merlin's sake.. and he was the first person she wanted to tell.. but no.. there was someone at her door, and she carefully set her cup on the freshly mopped wooden floor, before going to the door and opening it up.

Standing in front of her, was the one and only reason why she was in this tiny little house in the first place. She stood there in shock for a moment, staring at him, before she turned around and slammed the door shut. She went back into the house, picked up her cup, set it on the kitchen counter top, which was simply connected to the front room. She picked up a mop and started to mop again, as though her ex-fiancee wasn't at the door, as though nothing was wrong, but tears were pooling, and she had to wipe her eyes every few minutes. He wasn't there.. he wasn't there.. now your just going mad Chase dear.. mad as a hatter they say... Completely and totally stark raving mad... and it's all your own damn fault for it too! So just pretend the love of your life isn't at your door, like a knife in shining armor, and get to work, make this house look nice, so you can go and get a job tomorrow.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

For what it's worth, I think I'm still in love with you. Empty Re: For what it's worth, I think I'm still in love with you.

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Elijah had been prepared for the inevitable. He hadn’t even been able to open his mouth before she’d slammed the door in his face. Sighing, Elijah tipped his head forward, resting it on the wood of the door. He pursed his lips before pushing himself away from the house and beginning to look for another way in. He contemplated going down the chimney but he doubted he’d be as welcome as Saint Nicholas would have been – and he certainly wasn’t wearing red. Elijah looked down at himself. He wasn’t exactly dressed for overly-worded apologies; but then again, what was the etiquette for those? Elijah didn’t honestly think there was one. The ratty old band t-shirt and equally ratty paint-splattered jeans would have to do for now.

With no other way in, Elijah took the Hippogriff wand out of his pocket. He still didn’t get on with the wand at times as it was an angry little sod ninety percent of the time but they were working at it. Right now, Elijah needed her to work for him and he hoped he’d be willing.

Elijah pressed the tip of the wand against the door handle and whispered a spell. The door handle clicked and he pulled his wand away, searching the cracks the door revealed with his eyes until it finally swung back, revealing the house and his ex-fiancée who was cleaning so vigorously. Elijah hadn’t thought he’d be welcomed but he needed to say his bit. Idly, he wondered where kitty was. He’d imagine she’d like that, sitting with her mother watching her work. He couldn’t help but picture some sort of dog traipsing in mud, ruining Chase’s hard work. It would fit the scene. The problem was that it looked as if something had happened between her moving in and this point; the house didn’t look like anyone lived there, let alone a witch that could afford more than enough things for it.

Elijah’s arms shot into the air, his knuckles grazing one of the beams above his head. He cursed and brought them back down again, to about head height. He had a feeling that the mop would be used as a weapon if he wasn’t careful. Breaking and entering was a crime. Technically though, he’d just opened the door. She knew he was there – it wasn’t as if he was some anonymous thief looking to steal whatever Chase had with her.

“How about I make some lunch?” Elijah suggested. “Lunch sounds good, hmm? I’m starving, didn’t have breakfast; hungry? I expect you are. Here, I’ll take my shoes off. It’s muddy out there. Um...will Kitty want anything? Sandwiches will be alright won’t they? I could try something more elaborate of course. Now, I suppose the question would be,” Elijah continued, bending down and balancing on one leg. He pulled the laces of the shoe that he’d sat on his leg and slid the shoe off of his feet. He then jerkily did the same with the other before putting them together on the mat. “Where’s the kitchen? I could go for some pickled onions right now. Bizarre how appetites change isn’t it? What do you want on yours? Cheese? Crisps? Then we can talk properly can’t we?”

Elijah wasn’t prepared to take no for an answer at this point. He was in now and although it would take some effort to get her to speak to him, perhaps some food would take the edge off.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:44 pm

Chase jumped when the door swung open, obviously she had known he was there, but she had expected some dumbass scheme to get into her house, not just unlocking the front door. She glared daggers at him and glanced around. The house was perfectly open, it was a small three room cottage, rather large, and very open. A large square of a house, with one wall made completely of windows in the back, she stared at him for a long moment as he talked about food. Obviously he wasn't leaving anytime soon, so she put her mop away, and stood in what was actually the kitchen, some counters, with a sink, and a refrigerator. "I have no food for you to use.. if that helps." She said, still glaring daggers at him.

"What do you want Elijah? Can you not see I'm busy here?" She asked, her voice, and face showing her strain, her worry. Katherine was in the back for a nap, and the only food Chase had in the house, was her baby food. Chase wiped the sweat off of her forehead, and stared at him. "What makes my ex-fiancee come barging into my house without permission? Eh? What could possibly be so important?" She pushed away from the counter, and smirked, moving into the 'living room' which was just the futon in front of a fireplace. There was a box of toys and clothes sitting on the floor next to the couch. "I'm very busy... I just moved out see.. and bought this house.. me and Katherine are here now." She said, putting emphasis on the word Katherine. "I ran into some problems... but nothing a job won't fix.. alright?" She said simply, her eyes boring holes into him.

"So what? What do you need from me? Come to take Katherine away too?" She asked, sitting heavily on the futon, and staring at the fireplace, her hands clasped in front of her. Yeah, she was worried alright, nearly panicked by the fact that she had NO food, and not much left for Kitty either.. she had taken what was hers, and that was it.. gotten a few essential things.. and then.. she had no money left.. none at all.. she had left Calvin, who didn't even know where she was right now.. and her ex-fiancee was standing in her new home, acting like the king of the world that he was. Ever knowing Elijah Krum, ever spoiled.. ever loved..ever wealthy... ever beautiful... ever Elijah... Damn she missed him... she missed his hugs, his smile, his laugh, his kisses, she missed their conversations, the way they could react and smile. Chase had pushed something under the futon when she had first sat down, that she absolutely did not want him to see...

A small pack of cigarettes. She had bought a few, and hadn't actually smoked one yet.. but.. the fact was there.. she was thinking about starting again... She hadn't smoked since before she was Pregnant.. so the fact that she was now.. meant that a lot had gone down the drain since Katherine was born, and she had moved out. Chase didn't want to admit it, but she was starving, absolutely starving, her stomach was growling angrily, and she didn't even have enough cash to get some basic groceries... to be honest, things felt pretty bleak right then, and Elijah wasn't helping.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Elijah’s stomach grumbled, alerting him to its maltreatment. He smirked at himself before closing the door and striding across the room, nigh on sliding in the fluffy grey socks that were keeping his feet warm. He braced himself on the refrigerator, his feet making an odd squeaking sound when he slid to a stop. He grinned and took the wand from his pocket again. He tapped his wand against the metal, drawing things he knew were in the kitchens in the town house and putting them in the fridge.

The poor House Elves would have a field day when they went to make dinner that night but it would probably go uneaten anyway as most of them would go down the road for a Chinese or a fishcake or something later on. It would be another night spent lounging in the living room watching television, playing cards eating when it suited; another lads night in.

Elijah pulled the fridge open and beamed upon finding that the spell had worked. He stood back a bit and flicked it again before promptly ducking as the ingredients sailed out of the fridge. Elijah lifted out a six-pint carton of milk and held it up, albeit awkwardly. It was full-fat – the best kind – though he didn’t know how much use it would be to Chase apart from in tea. He could only assume Kitty was still on formula though he wasn’t too sure which was why he was going to ask.

“Is she still on formula or on Bessie’s produce yet?” He queried with a grin. “I figured she could eat with us; or drink – whatever works.” Elijah shrugged and put the milk back on the door before picking up a yogurt. “Ooh, strawberry. Yum.”

Elijah picked up another one and kicked the door shut before walking over to the counter where the ingredients were all laid out. He put the yogurts down and opened one of the drawers. He pursed his lips upon finding it empty and walked around the kitchen, opening all the cupboards and drawers finding little or nothing in each one – and there was certainly no cutlery. Seemingly, Eli was going to have to raid the pantry and that suited him down to the ground. It was always more fun to do it from an outer location – it caused the House Elves more stress that way and it was hilarious to watch.

So, Eli closed the drawers and cupboards before wielding his wand and waving it about the room. Then, he went to the first one and was elated to find it filled with cutlery. He grinned and took a butter knife out. He then began to make the sandwiches. After enough delay, he had two sandwiches ready on separate plates (thank-you House Elves) and he found himself looking in the cupboards in search of the crisps that they’d bought the day or so before. Elijah stumbled across them finally – as well as a box of cookies which he took out just on principle. He removed a couple of pairs of ready salted crisps and then went in search of Branston Pickle – bypassing the onions in favour for something better.

“Done!” Elijah declared, pushing the last cupboard closed. “Do you happen to have a couple of bits of wood by any chance? I think I could probably make some sort of table unless you are up for sitting on the floor?” He bit his lip and looked at Chase. He’d tuned out her pointed words with his own inner radio station though they hadn’t gone completely unheard. Elijah chewed on his bottom lip before opening his mouth and replying.

“I never really liked that name. Kitty was always much preferred.” He ran a hand through his hair and looked around. “My cousin actually told me to come here. I was in London, um...I’ve been nigh on living in this bookshop for about a week. It’s a second hand shop and they’re all beautiful narratives. I have yet to find a first edition of anything but every book in there is at least a good fifty years old; often more. It’s so beautiful.” Elijah brought his hand up to his neck and rubbed it, smiling awkwardly as he took his head out of the shop and put it back in Chase’s kitchen. “Sorry. I’ve just...maybe I could take you there sometime? You’d probably like it. Kitty probably wouldn’t though – too much dust. Um...do you want to get her? I thought we could spend some time together – the three of us...maybe?”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Chase stared at him as he started to wave his wand around, producing food and cultery. He really was just going to waltz in here and do whatever he pleased? Chase crossed her arms over her chest, and stared at him as he made two sandwiches, not answering his questions about Katherine's eating habits yet, and staring him down. He was going on about some old bookstore he'd been practically living in.. something about fifty year old books, and then something about getting Katherine. Chase frowned even more heavily, and stared at him. "So let me get this straight, you heard from your cousin where I was living.. which I haven't even told anyone yet... he found out from mysterious origins... to come here.. so you did.. you come in... and act like NOTHING has happened?" She said simply, staring at him.

"Didn't I tell you you can't see Katherine? When I left.. besides.. she's already eaten.. I've put her down for a nap not to long ago.. she's been very tired because of the move.." She said and sniffed and turned on her heel, moving into the front room, and sitting on the futon. The sandwiches were horribly appetizing, and her stomach was reminding her of just how little food she was pushing herself on, growling out a protest every time she moved. Muttering under her breath, she crossed her legs and arms, and stared at the fireplace. She pointed her wand at it, and started a fire in the bracket. "There are trees outside." She said with a small huff, not looking at him.

"There isn't a three of us anymore Elijah... there just isn't.. you want there to be.. but there isn't.. I want there to be, but it's not.. it's just not!" She said and found herself staring at him over the back of the futon. "Please... just.. tell me what you want.. and leave.." She said and curled up on the futon, her legs to her chest, staring at the fire in the grate, which was flickering without any support of wood, simply because she had cast a spell that didn't need it. Her wand was still in her hand, and she looked like she may very well hex him if he didn't do what she asked.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:48 pm

It was incredibly obvious that Chase wasn’t impressed with him. Elijah wasn’t particularly impressed with himself either as a whole but his sandwich making abilities were flawless. He’d done a few shifts at a café in Paris once so he knew how to make a sandwich and brew a good cup of tea. Of course, that didn’t mean Chase was going to eat per se. She didn’t want anything which was fair enough but he didn’t want stupid things to go to waste. It was just a sandwich and if she’d been working all morning then she was bound to be hungry.

Elijah swallowed and picked up the plates. He walked over to where she was sat and placed one down beside her before lowering himself down onto the floor in front of her. He put the plate down and picked up a few crisps. He turned them over in his hands before eating them, the crunch making music in his ears. He rubbed his hands against his jeans and cracked his knuckles before looking towards the door he assumed had Kitty behind it. He’d overstayed his welcome already. He knew his limit and he wasn’t about to go and pluck his daughter out of her bed – especially if she was asleep. Elijah wanted Chase to be the one to get her, the bridge that gap.

“Nothing happened Chase, that’s the point.” Elijah replied pointedly, referring to the scene she walked in on – before the affair with the memory loss and Merlin only knew what else. “Regardless, Georgio is resourceful and he tends to know things before most. I expect there’s a little bit of Seer in him though not nearly as much as there is in Finn and Euan; though that is only used so they can cheat at cards.” Elijah shrugged and popped another crisp into his mouth.

Elijah pursed his lips. “Why do you call her that? Is she going to grow up with that ghastly name? Not knowing that it should actually only ever be used when her parents are angry with her? You left without giving me a chance to explain, Chase. You don’t know what was going on. Anna is dead – that was my fault. I caused that though thankfully it was not by my wand that she was killed. That was her that day – all her. You don’t believe me though do you? I wouldn’t if I were you. I’d lie and say I’d give me a chance but that’s not in the spirit of things is it? Probably not.”

Elijah scratched a piece of paint on his jeans and looked at Chase thoughtfully before looking back over at the door. “There is a three of us, there always has been. I adore her. I adore you. That’s not changed. However, if she’s anything like her dad then she’s not going to say no to a bit of love and some food so go and get her Fen.” Elijah looked at her in disbelief. “I want to spend time with two of my favourite women on this planet – my daughter and that pretty little redhead that walked out on me. I’d also like to see whether Kitty likes strawberry. Then perhaps if all goes well you might now kick me out and I can apologize to you. Then, hopefully, I’ll get to be your friend again...steal a kiss, spring out of the house with a promise to return and I’d leave you wondering why you let me in, in the first place; though in reality you didn’t actually let me in but I am going to take the slamming of the door as a ‘Hello, how are you – want to come in?’ So...do I need to push my boundaries and go and get her or are you going to let me speak to our daughter? I miss her you know. Last time she was about this big and now, for all I know, she could be fully grown. Details are sketchy. My brain is frazzled – which is thankfully normal. Also, I have something to give her.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:12 pm

Chase was at a loss, it was obvious that Elijah wasn't going to leave, in fact he sat down right in front of her, and ate some crisps. She stared at him as he spoke, completely unsure of what to say, or do.. or act.. thinking was just a figment of her imagination at that point, as she listened to what Elijah had to say, an oddly blank look on her face, but taking it all in all the same. He basically described what was going to happen in perfect detail. She would give in, get Katherine, they would share a small family bonding time, then she would put Katherine to bed.. he would steal a kiss from her, leave the house, promise to return later, and she would sit there, wondering why she had let him kiss her, why she had let him in.. even though he had gotten in himself.

Chase stared at him for a long moment, but didn't move. Either way Katherine would be woken up.. and she didn't like that much of the time.. she would get very feisty, wouldn't want to look at anyone, would squirm around, might take a nibble of food, and that would be it. "Katherine isn't old enough for food like that.." She said softly, her eyes looking anywhere but at Elijah. "She is still on formula.. in fact she should still be on breast milk.. but... I skipped out on that.. got her stuff that is exactly like it.. just not my own.." She said taking a deep breath. "She's on the bottle.. with formula.. she can't eat strawberry.. or.. whatever yet.." She said shaking her head, before slowly standing up.

She would do as he asked... but she wouldn't let him touch her.. yes, that's what she would do. He could watch from a distance... that was it.. Chase got up and went into her room, getting Katherine out as carefully as possible, so as not to wake her. Feisty Katherine was no fun.. "And yes.. I am going to call her Katherine.. why? Because you call her Kitty.." She said, her voice cracking, but she just lowered her head and sat down on the futon again, holding the sleeping baby girl. "Don't touch her..." She growled softly, her eyes finding Elijah's. "She's asleep.. and she doesn't like being woken up.. I shouldn't have gotten her anyway... I told you you couldn't see her again.. but once again.. you get what you want I guess.." She said shaking her head.

"Elijah... why do you come here? Don't you have someone new anyway? Some chick.. I heard about the tattoo.. and... stuff.... I know things about your family without even trying to know about your family... and yet... here you are.." She said, her voice starting to get choked with tears. "In my new house.. witnessing me at my low.. before I even let anyone else see me this degraded.. before I let anyone else see me without the usual looks.. I'm NORMAL Elijah.. don't you see that now? I have no money.. no family... but I do have some really good friends that I left... Elijah... there are only two ways I could ever be as happy as I was with you.. one.. you leave my life forever.. two... I get you back, and as neither are going to happen.." Chase had to wipe her eyes with her free hand as a few tears slipped out. "I guess I'm just stuck.. wanting things I"ll never get... damn, there are so many things in my life I would redo.." She said softly, and looked down at Katherine.

"I would redo leaving you.. that's for sure... I believe you.. you know.. when you say it was all her.. I do believe you... but it's not like it could ever work again between us.. ever.. not with your father hanging all over you.. ordering you around like that... Did you know.. I told him where I was, so that he wouldn't KILL an Angelova? Nope.. now that Angelova has a weird contract to me... did you know that your father promised I'd get to keep Fauve and Thierry.. if he knew where they were at? Nope.. guess what happened? Khaat came into my house, and took them away... Every time one of you has something to do with my family... I hold onto Katherine for dear life.. afraid you'll go after her next..." She said, and wiped her eyes again, staring at Katherine, unable to look up at Elijah.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Chase didn’t disappoint him. Elijah was surprised that she hadn’t fought him. He was surprised at himself. In short he’d ordered her to do something and she’d done it. Elijah wondered idly whether she was alright or not. There was no way, if she was truly angry at him, that she’d let him see Kitty. She would have bolted the door and hexed him out of the house by that point but here she was, returning with their daughter in her arms. Elijah took note of the fact that she couldn’t have yogurt though he doubted it highly. If he just had a little bit on his finger then she’d probably take it. Elijah couldn’t draw any expertise on food – formula vs. breast milk. He realised with mild horror that he’d probably had a wet nurse. The Krums were too hoity-toity for formula and Marina wasn’t going to whip her top of just so her son could eat. No, they’d probably had someone do that for them and Elijah was willing to put money on Stelladora being that person. She’d raised him – it was likely that she’d been there from the beginning.

But Chase wouldn’t call her Kitty. Elijah pursed his lips and slid forward across the floor, moving closer to them to get a better look at the slumbering child. He smiled and reached out, as if to touch her, but pulled back, dropping his hand back into his lap. “She’s beautiful,” He murmured, seeing her, almost literally, with new eyes. His gaze flicked up to Chase and he smiled gently. “If I call her Katie...will you please call her Kitty? Katherine is just too stuffy.” He wrinkled his nose to prove his point before chuckling quietly and dropping his eyes back to his daughter. “I doubt me touching her would wake her, Fen.” Elijah replied softly. “She would have woken when you’d picked her up otherwise.”

Elijah looked up at Chase and frowned a little. “Mira?” he questioned dumbly before shaking his head. “She and I have more history than I care to remember. And she’s not a ‘chick’ – she’s ...her own person. She isn’t some random I pulled out of nowhere because I could. She’s always been there. Don’t people have anything better to gossip about?” Elijah smirked a little as he began to drum his fingers on the wooden floor. He bit his lip and weighed his words before replying. “Because I remembered being happy when I was around you. I remember feeling weightless – like anything was possible because I was with you. I just...I wanted to apologize and see if I still felt that. I wanted to apologize for what I did – for what I allowed – for everything I ever did to hurt you. I didn’t intend to I just did what I did and thought I could get away with it because I’d been taught I could. I didn’t know any better. I woke up regretting nearly everything I did before I was Obliviated...before you left. There were only a handful of things I did right and that was getting Fauve and Thierry and managing to help make something as beautiful as Kit- Katie. Everything else I’ve ballsed up in one way or another. I want to set things right between us, Fen, before our relationship it beyond repair.”

Eli jumped to his feet and walked over to the wall. He then walked across the length of the open-plan house and nodded before walking back. “I could help.” He offered. “I’m not that shoddy with a hammer. I could paint Kit- Katie’s bedroom. I did magical creatures in the nursery at home so I don’t know if that would be appropriate – though, in a forest it probably would be – or whether you’d be wanting something specific.” Elijah shrugged his shoulders “Granted I don’t know how to upholster a chair but I reckon Matt will be able to. I know you don’t want money – especially not from me of all people – but I could help you get back on your feet. I want to help you get back on your feet. I have nothing better to do with my time, Chase. Hogwarts is about as interesting as standing in front of a mirror waiting for a tailor to stick a pin in my arse. Fauve and Thierry will be with Micah most of the day so while they’re in the realm of learning I could be here helping you. I’m not going to let either of you die in here just because you’re too proud to accept help or take money.”

Elijah crossed his arms over his chest and sighed, looking at the empty fireplace and at the mantle that was already collecting dust. “I didn’t ask him to do that. I never asked for any of that. I was dragged out of Hogsmeade and told all of these things and suddenly, bam, confirmation that I get them back. I never asked for them back. I assumed I’d never see them again. And Kitty...well, she’s a blessing to even see. I miss her. I’ve missed them. I’ve missed you. Here, let me take her, you eat. You look half starved. I’ve seen emaciated dogs that look healthier – no offence.” Elijah smirked a little and leaned down, kissing Chase gently on the forehead. “C’mon, if you’re really good then I might even let you have a cookie.” He winked at her and chuckled again before looking back down at Kitty. “I’m not going to Apparate out or anything.” Elijah took his wand out of his pocket and chucked it on the floor before shoving it away from him. He was actually glad to be rid of it. “I’m not going anywhere.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:19 pm

Chase didn't know what to do anymore. Here he sat.. looking at Katherine... wanting to touch her, but obeying her wish and not... Katherine made a small sniffing noise and rolled her head closer to Chase. Chest moved her so she was up higher, and could listen to her heartbeat, babies loved that sound, and to prove her point, Katherine put her hand on Chase's chest, listening in her sleep. Chase looked away for a moment, "I'll call her Katie... if it will please you.. but not Kitty..." She said slowly, shaking her head. "Hurts to much..." She glanced back at him, and looked down at Katherine in her arms. She was fast asleep, and didn't appear to be waking up any time soon. Chase frowned and listened as Elijah explained him and Mira, that was her name apparently.. Chase had never bothered finding out. But then the conversation started to change, he went from explaining Mira.. to apologizing. Apologizing for everything.. even stuff that probably felt like somebody else lived it.. at least that's what she felt about the part of her life that had been obliviated, but she remembered now. It was someone else.. not her.. but he had to go back to it all.. she.. had had it easy and restarted from that point.

Fauve, Thierry, he said their names as though it didn't hurt her to hear it. It hurt her so badly to know.. know that they had been taken away without them getting to say whether they wanted to go or not.. a short time with their father, and they wouldn't even remember her... all of the good times... Calvin, Reid.. he'd wipe that away with presents, and toys, and playthings galore.. no more jumping on mattresses, or pictures of Luigi. Chase felt a tear escape her eyes an she let it roll down her cheek, unable to wipe it away because she was holding Katherine. Every time he called her Fen, her heart broke a little more. And Chase could feel her whole body shaking as she tried to hold it all in. There was to much, and she was to weak.. to tired...

"I miss you.." She whispered, staring at him sadly. Small tears leaking down her face. "I miss you so much.. Every time I look at Kath... Katie.. I see you... I see what we had.." She stood up and shook her head. He had kissed her forehead, and it was to much.. to much.. She stumbled out of the room, and put Katherine back in her bed. No.. she couldn't hide.. but she needed Katie out of her arms. Moving back out of the room, she tapped it with her wand, and stood, facing the door, her back to Elijah. His wand lay on the floor where he had thrown it, and her eyes were drawn to it. He had gotten rid of it.. to show her that he could be trusted.. but she couldn't.. it hurt to bed. "Elijah.." She said and then slid down the door, staring at the wall. It hurt so much to even say his name. She slowly looked up at him and caught his eye, staring for a long moment, before she had to look away again. It wasn't often she showed just how much she was hurt.. but her eyes really were like an open door, showing him what lay beneath the surface... and it was a hurt so deep.. she couldn't even express it. "I.. I just..." She shook her head and hid her face from him.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top