Defense Against the Dark Art - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Defense Against the Dark Art - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Defense Against the Dark Art

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Defense Against the Dark Art - Page 4 Empty Re: Defense Against the Dark Art

Post by Adebola Adeagbo Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:08 pm

The Unforgivable Curses are some of the most powerful Dark Arts spells known. Commonly used by the books' villains, such as Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters and in some cases the Ministry of Magic, their use inspires horror and great fear amongst others. The curses are so named because their use is - except by Ministry of Magic authorisation - forbidden and unforgivable in the Wizarding World. Use of any of these spells on any human being can carry a life-sentence in the magical wizard's prison of Azkaban. These curses are thus very rarely used openly. However, in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the Unforgivable Curses are used liberally by good characters, ranging from Professor McGonagall with the Imperius Curse, to Harry Potter effectively using the Cruciatus Curse. He also uses the Imperius curse on a goblin and a suspicious Death Eater during their disguised attack upon Gringotts Bank. Since the spells are very powerful, their use requires a strong desire to bring about the effects, a directed will, and great skill. However, it is notable that Harry, though he kills Lord Voldemort, does so without the use of a Killing Curse and indeed never performs any, at least in the course of the book.The use of the Unforgivable Curses was authorized against Lord Voldemort and his followers by Bartemius Crouch Sr, during the First Wizarding (or Voldemort) War. Although not stated, it is possible that this was limited to the Imperius Curse (to force a Death Eater to submit to questioning or surrender) and to the Killing Curse (as a last resort). Shortly after his resurrection, Lord Voldemort names two Death Eaters "killed by Aurors".

The Avada Kedavra Curse causes instant death that is never explainable. When the curse strikes a non-living object, the energy is released in a small explosion at the point of impact. If the material struck is flammable, the curse starts a fire of greenish flames. The extent of damage from the curse when used on a phoenix is uncertain, as the primary trait of a phoenix is self-resurrection. It seems to merely start the phoenix's current resurrection cycle over again. Albus Dumbledore's pet phoenix named Fawkes is seen to swallow a killing curse in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Am i right Professor Albus Dumbledore
Adebola Adeagbo
Adebola Adeagbo

Number of posts : 1551

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:58 pm

(Spartan looks surpirzed.) "Woooow," he said "Do you have a photographic memory or soething Jeez!" (He looks in the textbook.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:24 am

" Quiet right bobo 10 point to Slytherin" said Dumbledore susprised " Now all of you form a group please" he added
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:05 am

Andrian got up of his seat and grouped up with Adrenn and Lyssie " Who Going first?" Andrian asked " I think Lyssie should cause lady first" Andrian said brandishing his wand at lyssie waiting for her to cast Expellimaus at his wand.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:29 pm

" prof. sry im late im james may i particapate
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:47 am

Me too. may I still participate along with the group?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Adebola Adeagbo Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:51 am

sorry im late can i participate i woke up late
Adebola Adeagbo
Adebola Adeagbo

Number of posts : 1551

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:59 am

(Spartna still sits at his desk. He groans.) "Andrian I'll use the spell Andrian class is almost over. Expelliarmus!" Spartan said. (Then a bolt flew at Andrians wand and it flew out of his hand.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:26 am

" Great work Adrenn" Andrian said looking at him with a susprise face and annoyed having to wait a long time for Lyssie to disarm him " My turn now" Andrian said pointing his wand at adrenn wand and shouted " Expelliamus" but nothin happen and then he tried again " EXPELLIAMUS!" still nothing happen then he flourish his wand abit and tried again " Expelliamus" and a bolt flew at Adrenn wand casuing it to fly out of his hand
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:15 am

"Accio Wand!" Adrenn cast. (then the wand flew back into his hand.) "Nice Andrian that was good. And I hope you dont die in the Twiwizard Tournament.... cause remember what happened to Cedric?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top