The Best Defense
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Best Defense Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Best Defense

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Best Defense Empty The Best Defense

Post by Dexter B Carrigan Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:28 am

Dexter was in the library, stacks of books surrounding him. He was sitting at a desk in the corner in the back, but the books were stacked around him so high that he was completely blocked out from the rest of the library. The only sign he existed behind his fortress was how every now and then, a hand would stretch into the air, roping towards a stack, before sliding one off and then replacing another.

There were all subjects and he had no qualms, no order, just trying to soak in information that his peers never bother to consider. He had to sit up, perch, stretch his back and arm to grab the books. He did this like a robot. Flip, flip, flip, set book on stack, stretch, grab, open, flip, flip, flip. Mechanical and unstoppable, pausing only to adjust and clean his glasses before continuing on. He blinked a few times. Who needed people? He had his books.
Dexter B Carrigan
Dexter B Carrigan

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The Best Defense Empty Re: The Best Defense

Post by Dexter B Carrigan Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Suddenly, a tower of his books was being pushed, and began to topple. He looked up and drew his wand, muttering a spell to reinforce the tower, though it was now in its displaced place. A quick spell put the books back in their straight, neat stack and he turned to look at what- or whoever had caused the disruption of his fortress.

It was a girl, one he may have come across in class, but Dex never went out of his way to know his peers. She asked for help and then laid it on thick, referring to herself as a damsel. Dex did not understand conversation, but he knew THIS conversation well, the one where people were asking to borrow his brain. He blinked. "I can help, but time is money and I'm quite busy. I don't help strangers without compensation."
Dexter B Carrigan
Dexter B Carrigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter B Carrigan Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Dexter was opening his mouth to inform him that his rules were simple. Fair pay, fair respect, and he gave you enough to get a fair grade. But his other words made him stop, He let his mouth dangle open like a fool before he became conscious of how much of an idiot he must have resembled. He slowly closed it, blinking as he did so, surveying the girl.

"I... will admit it would be nice to focus on my own studies," he conceded. His studies being his inventions and the random research projects he started for himself. But what could this insignificant girl do to get desperate teens out of his hair long enough for him to get something accomplished. "How could you go about doing that?"
Dexter B Carrigan
Dexter B Carrigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter B Carrigan Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:14 pm

She tossed a book aside and it landed on the ground. Dex's eyebrows furrowed in agitation and he pointed his wand at the book, summoning it. It landed in his hands and he read the cover, gently dusted it off, and set it on top of the nearest stack neatly. She was still talking in code, using mystery and ambiguity to hide what he simply wanted to know. And honestly, he had no patience for it today.

"I would appreciate if you could be straight forward and frank before I lose interest," he said, his dry voice holding an edge of warning.
Dexter B Carrigan
Dexter B Carrigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter B Carrigan Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Dexter had irritated her. Maybe she'd leave. But at the mention of the Dark Followers he felt dread trickling into his stomach. Again?! Why him? Why did the Dark Followers, the Death Eaters, Potter's Army, the Order... why did they all seem to want him? Just for his brain? But he was never offered respect or power. Protection, sure, but did he really want himself to be put on a side for people who had never even liked him?

He ran a hand through his hair and rested his elbow on the table, resting his forehead on his hand. "Look, you're not the first to come to me. Sure the power would be nice, but the Dark Follower's have no power right now. Neither does Potter's Army. I really don't need extra work and extra problems just to have a silly little title. I'll think on it... but that's all I can guarantee."
Dexter B Carrigan
Dexter B Carrigan

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top