"Study" Group - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

"Study" Group - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

"Study" Group

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Study" Group - Page 2 Empty Re: "Study" Group

Post by James Wake Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:57 pm

((He is now... begrudgingly))

James Wake did not enjoy hunting rumors. They were finicky, deceitful and often... playful. James had nothing more than waste, especially when it came to his time. He never threw out additional pages, never bothered to burn wood, never took more than he could eat. It was a lifestyle choice of his based on one principle- sustainability. No, not the Eco-friendly version- SELF-sustainability. He hated dependence on anyone or anything, technically, he could actually simply leave Alan's apartment any time he wished.

James Wake was currently hunting down attendees of a "Study Group." Usually, he would join himself, but frankly, he had better things to do. Namely, watch out for the kids who caused mischief and mayhem. Tonight, the target was Potter's Army. Formerly headed by Christabelle Whittle, James knew that whoever was leading the group now would love nothing more than to bite back at the recent management changes at Hogwarts. The majority of their anger was, of course, directed at Headmaster Majere, but ever since his dissappearance, well, they had toned it down. Still, James was out for something interesting. Perhaps the Potter's Army would indulge his need for something exciting to deal with.

James Wake patrolled the Fifth floor corridor, the IS badge he wore shining dully. He rarely polished the badge, but he certainly was not above wearing it distinctly. The brooch was a sign that he was a trusted member of the Hogwarts society... a position he did not care much for, though he was allowed to care more about his "job" as a result. The door he sought was there, for some strange reason. Public Recruiting? Perhaps. James carefully wrapped his fingers around the door to the Room of Requirement, expecting to find a group of focused students intently training to better protect themselves. If James had been taught by Wilson, he probably would have been worried his own defense as well.

But instead, James Wake bore witness to a crazy party.

Silently, James cursed himself. But, perhaps now was the ideal time to figure out who the leader of Potter's Army was. It would later give him leverage in keeping the peace. He asked the first kid he bumped into what this was about, but the kid backed away. Of course, the damn badge. James tugged it off, though he did not really need to hide it. The worst part about Hogwarts rules was that they were so vague, a party could be held after hours, and nobody would say a thing. James pocketed the badge, though he easily recognized some very familiar faces... like Jack Dyllan, and Brienne.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Jack saw the door open and her eyes fell on the space that shone out into the next corridor. Jack grinned, turning to look at Lana. With a grin on her face, Jack said, "Oh, and it looks like we are in luck today." She smirked and thrust her hands in her pockets, plunging into the throng of people in the party, feeling too mischievous to pass up the opportunity.

Jack knew James was against rule breakers, and he knew her to be one, having walked in on her and Keith tampering with some potions. She know he did not know that she was trying to become the leader of Potter's Army, but she was almost tempted to tell him to see the reaction, having heard of his opposition. However, that simply would not do...

So instead, she decided to see if he had a personality behind all of the pomp and circumstance. She continued walking and saw the back of his head. Her mouth twitched again and she quickly sped up and circled around a group until she was coming straight towards him. She crossed her arms and with a disgruntled voice, said, "Mr. Wake. Could you please explain to me why no one here is studying. I was expecting intellectual stimulation."

She gave him a look as though it was his fault that no one was studying. How it would be his fault, she did not know. But after a moment or so, her serious expression broke and she smirked, saying, "So you here to rat us all out for not having a study related activity?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Milo Dorsey D'eath Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Simon McLaggen did not know if anyone else he knew was going to this little inter-school study group held in the Room of Requirement... But he figured it would either be an academic group, which offered him only good opportunities, or a social one. Again, he would not mind the latter.

Still, he was feeling a little unsure. He arrived behind another Ravenclaw and slipped inside, his head turning as he tried to figure out who he could speak to. He saw a familiar face. Brienne. He had gone on a date well enough, and was still not sure if he wanted to commit to a relationship, but he would not mind chatting with her. She was also talking to another girl.

He walked over to the two girls and smiled, saying, "Hello, Brienne. And I'm sorry, I have not had the pleasure of meeting you?" He held out a polite hand to Lana.
Milo Dorsey D'eath

Number of posts : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:00 am

Brienne turned to the doorway, seeing someone familiar. Another Ravenclaw by the name of James Wake. She'd seen him before, yes, but only had a few chances to talk to him. Though, this time, she kept silent. She kept silent and glanced away from the door. Yes, she didn't like the thought of the party being crashed, but she didn't want to say a word for fear that she'd have points taken from Ravenclaw for trying to justify this good time party. She tried to spot another familiar face in the crowd.

Suddenly the boy she dated a while back, Simon, was there. He approached her and Lana. She felt a blush coming on, but that was quickly quenched with thoughts elsewhere. "H..hi Simon...how've you been?" She didn't stutter nearly as much as she would've other days. Of course though, this was a party, and everyone's at ease at these things, right? She didn't know much about the social world. Only that she was finally more in tune with it. "This girl here is Lana, she's a very good friend of mine!"
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:29 am

James jaw set itself in a metal-biting grind, as he was approached by Jack Dyllan. Of course, she would actively seek to chase him out through the unconventional method of mocking his very presence. James could not say that he blamed her- he was everything she was not. Serious, studious, mature- and, he thought sarcastically, an upstanding citizen. He smiled politely as her sarcastic question before taking out a drink and taking a sip. Steaming Cider. Brilliant. James hated Cinnamon.

"Technically, Jack, your little 'study group' would've been breaking the rules even if you had been studying- without proper papers, any unofficial club remains unofficial, and therefore cannot meet after hours. So, I will have to write up you, them, and everyone else in here for 'wandering the halls.' Sorry, I know that rule's a tough one to follow," James replied, in a mock serious voice. It was true however- he would later write down each students name and send them a warning. Nothing that warranted detention. From the looks of things, it was merely meant to be party, nothing more, nothing less.

James made a careful not of Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students. He tried not to think too much over it, but the thought still slipped into his mind- are they all part of Potter's Army? Had that been the case, he could probably avoid all the writing later and just given the warning now. But no, James could not afford to do so- he had already strained his vocal cords for the day. The pumping music and dancing animals were starting to wear on his nerves.

What a pain.
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Post by Lana Di Angelo Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:31 am

"Bonjour," Lana replied in kind to this new-comer that Brienne seemed to know well. In fact, from the sounds of things, Brienne seemed infatuated with Simon. "My name's Lana Di Angelo. I love this school, but I'm from Beauxbatons," continued smiling politely as she noticed that Jack was now talking to some guy. Jack has a boyfriend? was the first thought that entered her mind, but as she watched the two, she kind of got the feeling that he was not exactly appreciative of her attention. So, Lana concluded that the boy must have been the one Jack was talking about- the patient, calm, and kind of creepy guy that Lana had seen in the Entrance Hall on her day. She looked back at Simon and smiled, hopefully avoiding his attention.
Lana Di Angelo
Lana Di Angelo

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:40 am

Jack raised an eyebrow, trying to read his face, and she knew that even though he said these words sarcastically, she had a feeling he was still going to do something. She knew he was one of those people who upheld the rules as though they were the only important things in the life; whereas she thought that was actually, you know, having fun.

She cocked her head. "Would you be writing yourself up , then, too. You are indeed attending this little event as well." She grinned. "And is this really considered a club? I thought a club had to be a regular meeting? This is only our first, and we are not sure if this will really become a regular thing." Her mouth ticked with triumph, though she kept a clearly-fake innocent expression on her face.

After a moment, she let out a chuckle, letting herself relax. With that logic, she was sure she worm her way out of any trouble that James may try to cause them. She would just have to talk to Lana later about getting around the problem... Or she could try the much less likely option, which was convincing James to approve of the group and keep it silent.

Fat chance. But Jack liked a challenge. She saw him cringe at the drink he was drinking and she pointed her wand at the table of food, silently summoning two Butterbeers. "Lighten up, Wake," she said, speaking to him the way she would had they been on the Quidditch pitch, a realm much more familiar to her than parties. "We're both out of our element here, may as well be civil, eh?" She held out one of the mugs of Butterbeer. "Here. It's better for the soul."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Milo Dorsey D'eath Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:55 am

Simon smiled politely at Brienne, seeing her obvious fluster at his appearance, though he tried to pass it off as though it was nothing. "I have been rather good, thank you so much for asking. I've seen you in classes. You have seen well, as well." He smiled at her; it was not much of a compliment, but he hoped it would help skate over the awkwardness of the situation.

She introduced Simon to her companion, Lana and he smiled brightly at her, turning and doing a small, charming bow to Lana, feeling it appropriate to greet a guest of Hogwarts with such grandeur and manners. He was no diplomat, but he was a champion of propriety and he felt this was the way to go. "Absolute pleasure to meet you Lana. I am Simon McLaggen." He looked about. "This is such a splendid little party."
Milo Dorsey D'eath

Number of posts : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:23 am

"Well, I have been well! I've been oh so great", Brienne said. Of course this wasn't a lie. She was feeling excellent. Daniel gave her some news of a gift that had been sent to Brienne anonymously, but it was at the cabin. He'd send it over to her at the next correspondence. Classes weren't going as great, but that was to be expected with Death Eaters running things now.

The Patronus-like deer nudged Brienne, then Simon. Of course, it didn't leave a tangible feel, rather it left an energizing feel. It made Brienne have a slight tingle. She tried to make some conversation. "Lana organized the whole thing. Seeing as I was a good friend of hers, it was only logical that I come and enjoy myself. I offered to bring my cousin to the party, but he hasn't replied to my note yet."

Just then, a paper dragon flew back at her, straight at her eyes. It nearly took one out, but she grabbed the dragon before it could do any damage. She opened the paper, which had "NO" scribbled in childish block letter.

"Guess Dominic's not coming."
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:26 am

"Ah, I may be present at this party, but I cannot actually act in accordance to regular procedure. In case you were not aware, the last time I crashed a party, I literally tore it apart. Fortunately for you, and whoever else organized this party, I have been ordered to keep it Civil in front of our guests. The only reason I am currently here is to collect names and faces. Also, I need to ensure that no chaos ensues, injuring any of our favored guests.
"And as for the club thing- that is a mere formality. The in text definition of a club is 'any meeting consisting of more than several members of the student body that is not considered a mandatory event by the school administration.' Under this definition, this is a Club Meeting, and as such, I am to treat as so,"
James concluded, still solemn in his demeanor. He looked to the butterbeer Jack offered him, and gave a sharp look that said, in essence "You can't be serious."

James Wake, on the job, was a not a creature of comfort.
James Wake
James Wake

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top