"Study" Group
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

"Study" Group Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

"Study" Group

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Study" Group Empty "Study" Group

Post by Lana Di Angelo Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:12 am

So... this is where the room's supposed to be? Lana Di Angelo wondered to herself as she stood in the hallway Jack described. Lana was about to bring kids together from all three schools- the fun-loving ones, the ones that were concerned with living life to it's fullest. But in order for that to work out properly, she would need to find a place where everything she needed would be available. So, when she began to look around, she asked a couple of Hogwarts students which place was best for the club. Jack Dyllan, the funnest kid Lana ever knew, knew the right place.

But the question was, what exactly did Lana want? She wanted a place that was fun. But it also needed to give off a "studious" look. Lana, of course did not want the famous room to turn into another Library though. That would royally suck. So... what thought would she need to put through her head as she paced up and down the hall?

Lana decided to test out the room. First she paced down the hall thinking: I need a place to party. She then walked down the hallway, stopped at the T at the end, and turned a full 180. As she walked along, she repeated the thought over and over. As she passed by the middle of the hall for the third time, a door appeared. And from that door, loud, thumping music could be discerned. Lana tentatively reached for the door handle, and entered the room.

She was immediately struck by loud music, festive colors and a lot of spinning three-colored spotlights. She whooped for joy- this was her kind of room. But, this was not a good place for students to meet and talk. The music was blaring and there was no food. Which made sense, considering Gamp's Law, but still, Lana was kind of bummed about it. Perhaps it was too late to send out a referendum asking everyone to bring their own food. Hopefully, the Hogwarts kids knew enough about the room. Lana (begrudgingly) left the room, and decided to start from scratch.

I need a place where I can... hang out! Lana held a mental victory dance as she found the right words. I need a place where I can talk about things that interest everyone, where nobody can feel left out, and everyone can simply relax.
While the thought was wordy, the desire never died as Lana trekked back and forth along the hallway. Her heart fluttered with each step, her eyes casting themselves constantly upon the door. But she remained focused on her goal.

When she finally opened the door, she was pleasantly delighted- the room met all of her demands, but met none of her expectations- in fact it surpassed all of them. She was right to pin her hopes for the club on the Room of Requirement.

The Room was circular, with a pleasant stream of calming jazz music cycling about in the air. The music, could be changed, of course- all Lana had to do was ask for a song, and the instruments would float about in the air as needed, strumming magically along. That was a pretty neat touch, Lana thought to herself. The seats were in the form of soft couches and armchairs and those circular foot rest things that were rarely used to rest feet. The room also had this pleasant mix of light blue, a light velvety red, and soft, gray carpet. In other words it was perfect.
Lana Di Angelo
Lana Di Angelo

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

"Study" Group Empty Re: "Study" Group

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:23 am

Jack was not one for being early to anything. Especially not a "study group." But Jack had no plans to study. Rather she wanted to scope up the new people. Again, she was not a people person; but this was an adventure and her curiosity had been sparked. If anyone asked though, she would slyly answer that she was checking out the competition.

Which was not a total lie.

She liked to be in the middle of things, rather than on the fringe, so she figured that if she could get in the middle of the group, meet the girl who had started it, she could find herself in the throng of all of the activity. That was where she really belonged. Where everything was crazy and exciting, loud and unorganized... well that was Jack in a few words.

Jack had stopped by the kitchens. She knew the Room of Requirement could not produce food, and she did not want to meet people on even a slightly not-full stomach She held a bag full of sandwiches, biscuits, a huge pitcher of pumpkin juice, a tub of pumpkin pasties and some other goodies that she had not yet delved in to. She strode into the room.

She let out a whistle and then turned to see the girl there. She grinned at her. "Hey. You must be Lana. I'm Jack. I suggested the room." She grinned and strode towards her, thrusting out a hand for her to shake, shrugging her arm to procure the bag. "I have food. The room can't make any, but I have some connections." She grinned.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Olawale Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:39 am

Peter was unsure as to where to go, but he finally made his way to the seventh floor, and to this so-called "Room of Requirement." He entered the room, brushing back his hair, hoping to meet up with Lana beforehand. He had been there when her brainchild had been conceived- ah, awkwardly worded thoughts- so he felt as though he should be there for support.

But he was surprised to see that Lana was not alone. He squinted and realized he had met the other girl before; she had been the first Hogwarts student to greet him. He immediately remembered her name; it was not a common one for a girl. He bounded towards the girls, grinning from ear to ear, pulling up the skinny jeans which had momentarily sagged.

"Bonjour Lana. Good to see you again, Jack, I zeenk eet was. He grinned widely between them, his eyes alight with a fervor inspired by social excitement. He turned and his eyes scanned the room, and he found he was rather impressed with the comfortable atmosphere of the lovely room. "Oh, eet is excellent. Zis room is perrfect!"
Oliver Olawale
Oliver Olawale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 210
Special Abilities : Leglimancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:42 am

Brienne, while in the Ravenclaw common room, awoke to the sound of her owl. Wolfram squawked and pecked at her hair. He wasn't too happy with Brienne, she was taking a nap and wasn't paying attention to him at the Owlery. Well, that wasn't the only reason. She told him to act as a reminder for her. He held a piece of paper in his talons, which had a date, time and place on it. Today, and the Room of Requirement. Time? Now! She needed to go now or else she'd be late. She hurriedly got dressed and grabbed a bite to eat from the cupboard. She'd stored away in it some cups of ramen, which she made one up. She ate it as she ran to the Room of Requirement.

It was beautiful inside. It met all her expectations, of course they were very high of such a room. She saw that Jack had brought food, and was a little guilty that she didn't as well. All she had was the cup of ramen which she gripped in her hand. It nearly burnt it. The steam was unbearably hot, making her hand very uncomfortable gripping the thing.

"Hello all...". She sat down in a chair, and finished the ramen. She rested the cup on the arm of the chair.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Lana Di Angelo Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:01 am

"Oh thank you Jack! I didn't know where to go for food, you're a life-saver! And thanks for recommending the room, it really saved me a bunch of time," Lana proclaimed ecstatically as she quickly set about putting the food in it's proper places. It was actually a pretty good set-up once Lana worked a bit of her magic on the place... not literally, of course. Lana smiled and greeted the people who came in.
Peter was the first to follow Jack, bouncing in, a somewhat goofy smile alighting his face. "Merci Pierre," she replied to his compliment. She was almost surprised by the fact that he remembered Jack, when it seemed like they had barely met, but considering the fact this was, indeed, Jack Dyllan, Lana was not caught unawares.
Brienne came in next, a pleasant surprise for Lana. "Hey Brienne! Glad you could make it!" she smiled.

More students began to stream in, some taking to the vibe, but most eyeing each other suspiciously. While Lana had been afraid of the competition interfering with their interaction, she chose this time explain the reason why they had all gathered into the Room of Requirement.
"Attention!" she called out. Naturally, the humming voices of many students drowned her out. Lana's brow furrowed, her lips askew as she was brought to do something that she was not oft to do- she took out her wand, and placed the tip at her throat. She sincerely hoped that nobody would notice the obvious discomfort having a wand to her throat was causing her, but anyone close might have noticed that she looked paler than usual.
SONOROS!
"Hello everybody- my name is Lana Di Angelo, and I'm kind of the Hostess for this party. Yes, I said party. Did you really think we were about to do something boring? This about getting to know your fellow wizards."

"Maestro? Do the Hippogriff please! Lana called out to the instruments, face flushing with excitement. She hoped nobody would be too angry.

(OOC: For the sake of keeping everything kind of moving, we'll have NPCs make up for the lack of real rpers... yeah...)
Lana Di Angelo
Lana Di Angelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:28 am

Jack grinned as the band struck up a quick, fun beat, though she did not have a plan to dance. She had never been a dancer, and she never would be, she was sure. However, she liked the noise to fill the space around her. There was a lot of people here, which she was never too fond of, seeing as she did not like most people, as in almost all people.

She looked around; people seemed tense. Hmm... well was that not why she had decided to join this little shindig of sorts? She withdrew a piece of paper from her bag and strode over to a table, twirling a pen out of her pocket. She quickly tore it into several pieces and scrawled the words 'muntjac deer' and 'bat' on random pieces. She began to perform the spells Michael Tremain taught her. The paper curled into smoke, and suddenly little miniature deer were scampering about the party, adding class to the party, and bats fluttered around happily.

She felt a bag of canary creams weigh against her leg from her bag. That would be phase two. She carefully stowed away the pen, the only proof of her little prank. She walked away, whistling politely, and grabbed a biscuit, downing it in two bites. She sniffed and continued on over to Lana, scooping up a goblet of Butterbeer.

"You know," she said casually, coming astride Lana, who seemed to be positively glowing with exhileration from the party. Well wherever there was a parade, Jack was there to bring an irritating little drizzle. "This is pretty awesome. But we're only missing one thing. Someone who does not want to be here. That is what makes a party." She grinned. It was usually her.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Brienne laughed. The tiny deer and the bats were a nice touch, and so was everything else. She was surprised to learn that it wasn't exactly a study-group, but rather something that was far from it. Far from studying as this party was, she would enjoy it. She liked this way better than studying. Studying kinda sucked anyway. She felt something else was missing, besides someone who didn't want to be here. Hm....the little animals were a nice touch but what if a bigger one complimented them? Using a spell Daniel taught her, she conjured a life-sized white-tailed deer. It ran around, seemingly chasing the tinier deer. The life-sized deer was ethereal, like a Patronus. That was the effect Brienne was going for, a Patronus-like animal would serve two functions; as a Dementor deterrent and as a party decoration.

She stepped over to Lana and Jack, "I know the perfect person. One who hates being at parties with a lot of people, especially if I'm here". She was smirking, "My cousin. He hates me, and would hate the fact that the host is friends with me. Now, if there was a way to keep him in the party, then we'd be all set". Of course, Brienne was being serious. She laughed heartily, only stopping to take a breath. She didn't laugh again, though. Instead she just kept quiet in case she needed to slip away quietly.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lana Di Angelo Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:27 pm

"Well, that would be loads of fun," Lana grinned mischieviously. [color=cyan]"But I don't want to invite anyone that would just come in and ruin the mood. So... we need to go back and grab someone who's a total bore, but is willing to suffer the slings and arrows of Social Interaction. I don't know many Hogwarts students, but I can think of a few people I saw back at the Party. Like that guy in in the suit back at the party that looked more like he was security, rather than a student. You know who I'm talking about?[color]

((Psst- James, that's your cue...))

"I can also think of a few students from Beauxbatons, but they're all obsessed with the competition. They probably won't enjoy themselves, and end up trying to figure out everybody else's ability. That would really put a damper on the party, reminding everyone else that there's a silly competition going on." Lana sighed. Who could they possibly get involved with this kind of party that wouldn't want to be.
Lana Di Angelo
Lana Di Angelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:03 pm

((so is he at the party, I can't tell if you meant this one or not. If not, I'll edit.))

Jack was glad to hear that Lana agreed with her as well, and while she also appreciated Brienne adding in her two cents, that had not quite been what Jack had meant. She was looking more for someone that she could have some fun with, someone who she would have to teach to have a good time- as though Jack was the master of that...

As Lana continued to describe the perfect victim, er candidate, Jack began to feel as though she was pretty sure she knew who Lana was referring too. Jack was a great judge of character usually and she also knew most of the people at Hogwarts; whether or not she liked them was a completely different story of course. But if she was not mistaken, and she usually was not...

Lana continued to say that none of the students from her own alma mater did not she did not exactly mean that really fit that bill too perfectly, but Jack smiled. "Ah, that's okay. We have enough clueless people here for us to get our fill. Now excuse me, I need to look for someone." She then turned and went about searching the party for James Wake.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:18 am

((No, he's not.))

"Nah, he's not the type that would bring the party down. He's determined to suffer it out if I put him on a dare. If I dare him to suffer through the party without bringing it down, he'll do it just to prove me wrong. He's done that before, just because I dared him to. If I can get him to do it on a dare, then we could torment him all we liked and he'd just have to sit there and take it", Brienne replied. She then stepped outside the room, and made a small paper swan. She wrote her message.

Dominic,

If you aren't too chicken, I dare you to come to the Room of Requirement on a specific condition. You must not bring down our party, nor make us feel miserable. Who knows, I may return your old broom.

Love,
Brienne

The last part was a bit sarcastic. She wanted to barf writing it. She made the tiny swan fly away to Dominic, who would soon receive the small paper.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top