Nice Day For A Walk
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Nice Day For A Walk Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Nice Day For A Walk

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nice Day For A Walk Empty Nice Day For A Walk

Post by Alana York Sun May 09, 2010 12:24 am

Julia walked out of the school, glad that she wasn't in classes on such a nice day. The air was hot, but the light breeze made it feel perfect, the sun's reflection floating on the lake made everything relaxed, and the heavy laughter of fellow students made everything joyful. She smiled to herself and proceeded on to the edge of the lake, and took a seat in the soft grass, basking in the warm sunlight. The warmth coming from above her brushed against her bare arms and legs, which made her relax even more. She closed her eyes as the breeze blew her hair in many directions and soon drifted into unconsciousness.
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Nice Day For A Walk Empty Re: Nice Day For A Walk

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Sun May 09, 2010 11:36 am

Arthur was walking around, which was pretty unusual for him. But, the day was excellent and he decided to enjoy it a little. But, definitely had to have something to occupy his mind with, and he picked a book. He had his usual black robes on, and a suit under it, with this deerstalker hat on his head. Yes, he may have looked funny, but he did not care that much. The book he was reading was a Muggle one, Francis Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby, a book he liked mainly because of Nick Carraway, that lovely character that just seems to be in the wrong place at wrong time. The love triangle between Daisy, Gatsby, Tom and that fat women he despised, did not interest him that much. He studied the psychology of the age and the characters, and related it to how all of that looks in the yes of a young newcomer, a man definitely not belonging there, but trying to fit in. They were similar, Nick and Arthur. They both wanted some peace, some time for themselves, but they just seemed to get themselves into various situations. A good example was right now. Since he was deeply concentrated on his book, and since he was walking through a usually lone place, he did not look around for anyone or anything. But, that was an obvious mistake.

After a few minutes of walking, he felt he stepped on something. But that something was not an object, it was something alive, a person or an animal. It was good that he had a light step, meaning it did not hurt the thing or person that much. He sighed and closed his book to look what he stepped on, and he saw no one other than a person, a human being, a girl. He knew this one from somewhere.... yes, from class, Wilson paired her up with him when they practiced healing spells. ''Oh my, I do apologize. I wasn't looking because of the book. I presume you will be alright. We know each other, don't we?'', he asked, looking at Julia.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Mon May 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Julia was still laying in the grass, enjoying the fresh air instead of the stuffiness of a classroom, until she felt something heavy hit her arm. Her eyes immediately flew open as she sat up. "What the-" She looked up the figure who was standing above her, recognizing him from a few classes. "That's fine, I should be more careful about where I fall asleep" She chuckled. She hadn't actually realized that her hair had a few leaves in it until she saw a small twig fall off her head. She brushed off her head, getting most of the leaves, though some still remained that were out of her reach.

"Yes, I believe we do know each other" Julia nodded, recognizing him as Arthur, the very intelligent boy in most of her classes. "In case you've forgotten, I'm Julia Traverse" She smiled and got to her feet, then extended her hand to Arthur. "I think you're in a few of my classes, actually we were paired together in Wilson's class" She smiled.
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Mon May 10, 2010 7:46 pm

''No, no... I haven't forgotten'', he said, smiling, as he took her arm and kissed it. This was a gesture both his parents and his two mentors taught him. ''Yes, professor Wilson's brilliant DADA classes, the class with the defensive spells, if I am not mistaken. Arthur, but I presume you know that already'', he said with a smile. He closed his book and put it inside his robes. He had made a pocket inside for him to keep some stuff in it during such situations. ''So, Julia, what brings you here?'', he asked.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Fri May 14, 2010 12:16 am

Julia giggled slightly as Arthur kissed her hand, even though she knew that it was only a polite gesture. "Oh, Wilson, he has got to be, by far, my favorite professor." She chuckled to herself. Julia nodded a few times, studying the boy's facial expressions and features. He was quite handsome, but she wasn't sure if she could ever like him in that way, maybe, but she wasn't sure at the moment. "Of course I remember you... how could I not?" She smirked. "Nothing, really. It's a nice day out, far too nice to be stuck inside. Plus, almost everyone in the school is out here." She said, eyeballing all of her classmates who were enveloping the lake. "But what about you? What brings you out here?"

Last edited by Julia Traverse on Sat May 15, 2010 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Sat May 15, 2010 9:35 am

''I tend to stay inside. Like the solitude, the fact that nobody can bother me. But, today... I do not know... I decided to go outside, don't know exactly why. Took a book with me and just went outside for a walk, which is pretty odd for me.'', he said, wondering at himself. ''But, seeing you, I am not going to complain. You, I presume come here often?'', he asked. ''And yes, do you mind me joining you or should I continue with my walk?'', he asked, smiling.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Sun May 16, 2010 11:54 pm

"Is that right? Now that you've mentioned it, it is a nice day to read a good book," Julia thought out loud, "but I suppose talking to a nice person is a good alternative." She watched Arthur. "Actually, I rarely come outside unless I'm with my friends, but I needed some time for myself, and I'm finding it quite enjoyable." She explained. She didn't mind that Arthur was with her, in fact, she kind of liked it. She never usually hung out with anyone that she didn't know, but she was always up for meeting new people. "Of course you can stay, I don't mind. It gives us both something to do to waste some time." She chuckled.
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Mon May 17, 2010 7:08 pm

''Solitude is good for one's nerves. It does good. It helps you relax and enables you to contemplate about some things you would usually not be able to.'', he said, sitting down beside her. ''You think I am nice? You are one of the few persons that has said that to me on our first meeting, informal meeting. Thank you'', he said, smiling. ''So, Julia, tell me... what have you been up to? What are your plans, your ideas?'', he asked.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Sun May 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Julia nodded, acknowledging Arthur. "Well, you are nice," She insisted, "You're very welcome, it isn't often that I'm tripped over by someone like you." She giggled. "Well, there isn't much to say about me. I've been missing many classes lately, which isn't very good, so I need to start going again before something real bad happens." She worried. She didn't want to start getting bad grades, especially with only one year left at the school. "What about you? What have you been up to?"
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Thu May 27, 2010 12:55 pm

''Oh, why thank you, Julia.'', he said with a smile. He did not expect that. ''Me? As usual, classes, studying, books and rest. It does not seem like much, but it does take both time and energy. Regarding classes, if you need catching up, we could always study together in the library... if you need help, that is.'', he said. He then scratched his nose with his right hand and then returned it on the ground. But, he accidentally put his hand on Julia's. He pulled it back, rapidly. ''Oh, sorry Julia. I did not see your hand there.'', he said, apologizing.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top