Walk with me a while
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Walk with me a while Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Walk with me a while

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Walk with me a while Empty Walk with me a while

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Thaor had been working on his latest invention, a tri-core wand. He knew it was very dangerous, and could possibly kill him. But all of that was worth it to him, if it was successful, Thaor would be known as the best wandmaker in wizarding history. Thaor had less time as of late, since he accepted his teaching job at Hogwarts, and more recently, Deputy Headmaster, and Slytherin Head of House.

Thaor however left school grounds for a break, and ended up at his shop. It felt good to finally get away from the school. He was wishing someone would come in and see him, he barely knew any other professors at school, and none of them were too social either.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Walk with me a while Empty Re: Walk with me a while

Post by Michael Tremaine Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Michael was looking for a wand as a Christmas gift, and he knew what he wanted would take some time. If he wanted it in time for Christmas, he really should have ordered it sooner, but on the other hand, he knew that Thaor was more than capable of producing a fine wand by then.

He entered the shop and was a bit surprised to see Thaor had "escaped" Hogwarts for the day. He had thought he would be dealing with some young just-out-of-Hoggys graduate.

"Well, well," Michael laughed. "I must say, Thaor, I am surprised thta they let you out of the castle for awhile. Good to see you, my friend. How have you been? You're just the man I'm looking for."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:30 pm

Thaor smiled as Michael entered the shop. Michael, how have you been? And yes, I have escaped, it was very hard to sneak out of the castle, but. I needed some time to work on my newest invention. Thaor said with a smile, putting the tri-core wand into a box, and sticking it under the counter.

I have been good, business, however is slow. But all is well in the Elldir home. Thaor said as he walked towards Michael and stuck out his hand towards Michael for him to shake it.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:38 pm

Michael shook hands with Thaor. "I'm glad to hear all is well. You're looking well. Not all of the Care of Magical Creatures generally fare so well. But it seems to agree with you. I'm glad to find you here today. I did find that book you wanted me to see if I had. It seems it came with the house. It was on the shelf in my study." He opened the leather messenger bag on his shoulder and drew out an old weathered book and handed it to Thaor. "I found it to be a very interesting read, actually. Actually, I came here looking specifically for you. I am looking for a very well crafted wand for a friend of mine. I know its short notice, but I was hoping you'd have time to work in an order for me."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:46 am

Thaor took the book from Michael, and set it on the counter. Ah, finally, I've been waiting ages for this. Thaor said with a chuckle. Well crafted? You sure came to the right place. And for you, I will always find the time to get an order completed. I do owe you after the fiasco at the Australian Ministry. Thaor said with a chuckle.

Who, if I may ask, is this wand for? And I'll need to know the specifics, general stuff really, just wood type, and core.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:59 am

"It is for a friend of ours, a purebllood friend. I want Tiga wood with a very resilient core. What do you recommend? Its a surprise for him. But I want something he can rely on to do the job of definding himself. It has to be a very worthy weapon. Oh, and, since it is a gift, it would be nice if it had a handle wrapped in etched silver of some sort of emerald cabochon in the end of the handle. You tell me. How fine can you make this thing? And if I like it, I might order a companion for it. So you tell me. I know it might be a challenge, but I have never ever seen you back away from one. Are you up to perhaps one of the best wands you've ever made?"

Michael wanted a fine presentation sort of wand for Robert. He didn't figure Robert would press something that elegant into service much. Well, he didn't think he would, but he wanted it to be able to hold its own if it indeed were pressed into service.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:28 pm

Thaor smiled as he listened to Michael. The best wand I've ever made, funny choice of words my friend. As it so happens, I have just put the finishing touches on, what I'm sure will be, the best wand the world has ever known. A tri-core wand Thaor said, picking up the wand he had laid under the counter.

I'm sure you're aware I've mastered making dual core wands, and now, you're the first to know about a tri-core wand. Thaor said, rather proud of himself. I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark here, and guess the wand you want is for Robert? Thaor said with a smile. I feel he is a powerful enough wizard to control such a wand. This wand, Thaor said, pulling the wand out of the box. Is redwood, with basilisk fang, phoenix tail feather, and unicorn hair. 13 1/34 inches. You may test it out if you wish, just be careful, it is more powerful than a regular wand, and thus, takes a lot less effort to do the same damage. Thaor said, handing the wand over to Michael.

Given the circumstances, I can have this wand finished by Tuesday next, lets say, oh about 7 o'clock. Thaor said with a smile.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:55 pm

Michael picked up the wand gingerly in his hands. It was finely balanced, well constructed, and he liked the feel of it in his fingers. He smiled at Thaor. "Very nice. Very nice indeed. Tri-core, huh? Now I know he'd like that." He looked around, and saw a potted plant sitting on the doorstep of the shop across the alley. He opened the shop door and aimed the wand and made a very slight flick with it. The pot exploded into dust, and an angry elderly woman emerged from the shop, swearing at Michael and shaking her finger at him. Michael burst into laughter and shut the shop door while she continued to swear at Michael.

"Excellent," Michael laughed. "By Christmas would be fine. I'll take it. We really should take this over to Fllint's. I would love to make his furniture come to life, like Khaat did with mine. Flint needs a bit of levity in his life. He's become much too stodgey lately. We really could fix that, you know." He looked at Thaor with nothing but pure mischief in his eyes. "And I don't know of a wizard who'd be more deserving of it, do you?"
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:21 am

Thaor laughed as Michael played with the tri-core wand. If she sends me a bill for that pot, I'll have to go through all the trouble of modifying her memory. he said with a laugh. While Flint does deserve that, I must insist that wand stays in this shop. Thaor said changing his mood to a rather serious one.

I'll have to take a rain check on the bringing to life of furniture, I have to get to the castle for the "weighing of wands". I'll send an owl when the wand is finished. Thaor said with a smile.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:19 am

"Eh," Michael shrugged. "Pots, shmots. That plant was pitiful anyway. I'll send her a carnivorous creeper. Maybe it will nibble on that annoying little yappy dog she has. It acts like its being killed whenever somebody walks by it. If you modify her memory, she's liable to forget where she orders my pipe tobacco from. And I really would hate to have to go to the continent to get it. That's such a pain in the butt.

"The weighing of the wands, huh? So you are a rising star in the wandmaking world, are you? Congratulations, Lad. You deserve it. I'm proud of you. You really do need to get out a bit more and have some fun though. You know the old saying--All work and no play makes Thaor a dull boy. You do realize I will not ever allow you the opportunity to become a dull boy, don't you? I'll drag you out of this place andmake you have fun whether you like it or not. There is a whole wizarding world to prank, after all."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top