A proper introduction ((Drawing room/James Wilson)) - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A proper introduction ((Drawing room/James Wilson)) - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A proper introduction ((Drawing room/James Wilson))

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A proper introduction ((Drawing room/James Wilson)) - Page 2 Empty Re: A proper introduction ((Drawing room/James Wilson))

Post by Jess Potter Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:38 am

"I was taught in hogwarts, it's a sentimental thing, i don't think i'd ever leave hogwarts." Jess said, thinking about it as he did so. "And i always had a knack for charms. I mean, i've always been good at all the others, but charms has been my favourite. It's not to say that i didn't give the others a shot. I've taught Charms, DADA, Transfiguration and CoMC before, even all of them at once at one point," Jess said, "But then i decided i'd go travelling so i gave my post up." He told James. "And you, why hogwarts for you? Why Muggle Studies and not a branch of magic? You'll have to forgive me for saying so, but i've never really cared much for Muggle studies, having grown up with them i think i have a fine understanding of them," he said with a grin. "So why would you choose to teach a subject which involves no magic when you claim to be such a briliantly great wizard?" Jess asked
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

A proper introduction ((Drawing room/James Wilson)) - Page 2 Empty Re: A proper introduction ((Drawing room/James Wilson))

Post by James William Wilson Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:06 pm

Wilson looked at him. ''I hope you do not doubt in my skills, Jess... it would be extremely irrational from you, well from everyone. If you'd care for a small demonstration... I would be happy to oblige... but do not underestimate my skills.'', he said. He then smiled and looked at Jess cheerfully. ''Now, chap... why Hogwarts? I was also educated here, McCoy was my mentor, like I am Poe's now and I have been educated most excellently. After graduating I embarked on a tour of Europe meeting all sorts of wizards. I spent the majority of time in Serbia, with a famous wizard and I have even managed to create a very powerful spell of my own. After that, I returned to England. First, I taught at Hogwarts for a while, DADA, but then transferred to Ireland where I taught Charms, Potions and DADA, again. Finally, I went to Scotland where I taught at a wizarding academy. DADA, again. Poe was my student there. And this year, Kingsley was kind enough to invite me back and I accepted, ''bringing'' Poe with me. I was hoping for the position of DADA or Potions master, but since they were taken I took up Muggle Studies. A non-magical subject indeed, but brilliant and highly important. Young people need to learn how to cherish Muggles and all other beings in this world and treat them without prejudice. I do try to make my classes as interesting as I can, though. But I like Muggles, some of my best friends, even my family, are Muggles and I know a lot about their culture and history. But I am also the Dueling instructor and will, when term finished, I will start with a Dueling tournament. Yes, Hogwarts did not have a Dueling intructor before I came, but I asked Kingsley to grant me that wish so that I can practice magic more frequently... and he did. He knows that I am a great duelist and he granted me that opportunity.'', Wilson explained.

He then moved another pawn. ''That should also prove my skill to you, but if you still need a demonstration... I am willing. That couch seems as an interesting object.'', Wilson said with a childish smile.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:10 pm

Jess grinned. "I don't doubt your ability in the slightest James," he said calmly. "I was just merely curious is all," he said, hoping he'd not caused any insult. "Sorry if i upset you," Jess said, nodding apologetically
((Ouch i bit my tongue sneezing : '( ))
"If you want to show me your spell that'd be fine, i can always repair the couch afterwards if need be," jess said with a smile
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:24 pm

Wilson rotated his hand and the sofa transformed into a statue of a rabbit. He then waved his hand ans it transformed into an eagle and flew of. ''I am sorry for the sofa, but no matter.'', he said. He took out his wand and conjured a brand new sofa. ''I hope it is enough. Tell me.. Jess... about your real and foster families a a bit...'', Wilson said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:48 am

((Just thought i'd post this to say i'm not avoiding your post, just have to go, don't reply to this i'll edit my post when i have time. Night))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:20 pm

Jess smiled and looked quite sad for a moment. "My father's name was John, and he was quite good at transfiguration,, problem was he was very abusive, and very controlling." Jess told James. "My mother was generally better,in all but transiguration, and that go down to well with him, as he had a need to be in control. At 6, as i stated, my mother ad i left him and i've not seen him since. For awhile i lived with just her as she continued with her operations in the order, with me occasionally being looked after with the families of some of the order. Sadly, my mother was killed when i was about 11, and i spent a year as a state board, with various families looking after me, until the tonkses offered to look after me. So they did, until i was 14, wen i moved to live with some cousins. Then at 17 i left and got my own house." Jess told James with a smile. "And how about yourself? Married? kids? Parents?" He asked
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:40 pm

''Ah, you do have a thrilling history, so to say. Although combined with your present, it could make a good crime series.'', he said laughing. He moved another pawn on the board. ''Me, Potter? Well... my father is James Evan Wilson, one of the Heads of St. Mungo's, a brilliant physician and an even more brilliant wizard. He has taught me much of the skills I have today. My mother is called Amber, a brilliant woman, caring and polite, but strict when needed. She works in the Justice Department and was a former co-worked of McCoy, while he was Head. She did not leave her job but she is extremely unsatisfied with how the Ministry works and how Diggory is running the show... ghastly, she likes to say. And that would be it... no siblings and no family. Marriage has never been my call, Jess... nothing of sort has neither interested me nor approached me in any way. Same with children, although I like them. They are cuddly, cute and innocent, I like children, but I have not made attempts to have my own.'', he said.

He looked at Jess and once more at the new sofa. ''This one is much better. Your relationship with Diggory, Jess... is it something I need to inquire about or is it something harmless?'', Wilson asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:05 am

Jess nodded, he'd heard the names around a few times before, he was from a very thorough ((sp)) heritage. "What do you mean is it something you need to inquire about?" Jess asked, frowning and feeling a bit insulted. "How could it be harmful?" He asked, "Of course it was serious if that's what you mean, we were married for almost 3 years ((Old PA time))" He told James, not sure if that was what he'd meant
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:45 am

''No, chap, not the girl. Why would that be a problem? Why would I have to inquire about that?'', Wilson laughed. Well, he got confused, bu seeing how many Diggory's we have... no wonder. ''I was referring to your friendship with our dear Minister, Dae Diggory... is that something I have to inquire about?'', Wilson asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:55 am

Jess cracked up laughing, he'd completely misunderstood what James'd meant. "Sorry James, it didn't even strike me that you meant Dae," Jess said with a grin. "And no, there's nothing at all to be worried about with that. We see very different things in the world, and although we are civil with each other and can get along together to a certain line, but once that line is crossed we stop seeing eye to eye," he said seriously. "And that's all there is to it. We used to be friends, we still can be, as long as he leaves our positions in the world out of the matter," Jess finished
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top