Meeting of the Wizengamot - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Meeting of the Wizengamot - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Meeting of the Wizengamot

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting of the Wizengamot - Page 3 Empty Re: Meeting of the Wizengamot

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:07 am

Well Diggory, I think you have crossed the line as well, Shacklebolt taught angrily. "OK Minister, have it your way. But for these actions, I believe that Mr.Emof should only be sentenced to 5 years in azkaban, due to his young age and poor health" Shacklebolt replied. Poor health, good one..
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:20 am

"poor Health?" dae said dumbfounded that the headmaster had said something so foolish. "Poor Health my arise we have to upgrade his cell to contain him, as we do not have Demontors there anymore Mr. Shacklebolt." Dae implied only because it was Shacklebolt that removed them from there positions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:27 am

"Fine, Diggory, 8 years then. Do you agree?" he said. 8 years was not much,not without the dementors there anymore. At least, thats what Kingsley would think, he had never been a prisoner.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:05 pm

"Headmaster,"Khaat said thoughtfully, "May I make a suggestion? I am often criticized because I have had compassion for those stricken with the werewolf curse. But in my family, the curse was not something my family members signed up for or cared for one little bit. They often spoke ill of themselves and tortured themselves for that sad illness. I can understand this young man's torn loyalties. My feeling is that perhaps some compassion is merited--but with firm guidance. My advice is that he continue in Hogwarts but under careful supervision. Let us not forget our missteps in not taking Tom Riddle more seriously when we all had the chance. I suggest that he remain under the probationary status of the Wizengamot, and reporting to you or whomever you deem a suitable mentor for him to guide him through this difficult crossroads he appears to be at. He will have to make a choice of loyalties soon enough. Let us hope we can help guide him to avoid some potential critical errors. If he does not take our advice seriously and violates our trust, we could then reconvene and re-hear the issue that is currently before us."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22692
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:34 am

"I agree with you Khaat, of course, a sentence to Azkaban for a child still attending school is way too much punishment for his acts. It would make us like the Death Eaters, injust. However, I doubt that our opinion counts for much with the minister," Shacklebolt said, glaring at him. Clearly, he disliked the minister. He knew Diggory wanted to get rid of Ne'os because Emof was a vampire. Diggory had made no secret of his racist attitude towards half breeds.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:31 am

"Are we blind this man is not child, he holds the Elder wand which gives his magic a level above most ordinary wizards i would say only two in this room could fair against that, furthermore he is the first Head Boy of Hogwarts to not be a 7th year that means that his knowledge surpasses that of not only his class but the class above his. That special treatment means that no probational circumstances at Hogwarts could be allowed because obviously there would be no one there to "parole" him. I fail to see how you do not see that in order to play a child or insane card you have to be taunted or forced none were applied here he went out of the way to kill the German Minster and did everything to hide it. In fact the only reason we got him on this crime is because we arrested him for other crimes. These are not the patterns of a child, no these are the patterns of a sociopath!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:51 am

Khaat's anger flaired, and felt that outrage rising in her that, when it happened, caused the green flecks in her eyes to light up like sparks and made people sometimes intimidated by her. She tried to reel in her rage and tried to speak with diplomacy.

"With all due respect, Minister," she said quietly,"You have a good many skills indeed, but I do not feel comfortable that you have the degree and the proper training to properly diagnose anyone as to whether they are a sociopath or not. Have you, in point of fact, been trained in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health? If not, then, please, can we stick to the evidence before us and not manufacture our own version of the facts?

" The fact still remains this young man is a Hogwarts student, and it would seem to remain the responsibility of Headmaster Shacklebolt as to whether his staff is trained to handle the magical and intellectual skills this student posesses. I am quiet certain that if he needs additional assistance from the ministry, Headmaster Shacklebolt will ask for it.

" I maintain my position. You know my family's history. You know I have good reason to not like anyone participating in the dark arts. However, I will also not rush past judgement to conviction. I still maintain that we are adults. We are wizards, and we are well trained to keep this boy, as the muggles say, 'on a very short leash.' If he turns out to be the evil wizard you believe he is, then, yes, I would support a sentence to Azkaban. I do maintain, though, that time has not yet come.

"We have, between us, countless offensive and defensive abilities and can bind his powers very effectively if we need to. Let us not, either, underestimate the vileness of Azkaban itself. If grown, seasoned wizards and witches can emerge certifiably insane from Azkaban, then I hardly see how this will provide him any rehabilitation but will only feed the anger he already clearly has. Furthermore, do you honestly think you can send him there and have him learn far worse and far more terrible things than he already knows now? Then, not only will you, basically, have a weapon on your hands, but a loaded one at that. No, Minister, your idea of sending him to Azkaban is illconceived, illadvised, and far more dangerous than leaving him, for now at Hogwarts.

" As for the elder wand, why should he keep it? It is not some important historical relec. It is nothing more than a murder weapon that should be reposessed by the ministry and destroyed immediately. It should have been done decades ago. The longer it exists, it remains a symbol of the beliefs of the followers of the dark arts that Voldemort will rise again to destroy our world. I must insist that this symbol not be allowed to exist in order for their forces to rally behind. Confiscate that wand and destroy it at once."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:06 am

Oh gawd miss Lupin had said something that Minster agreed with, but keeping that wand was half the reason Dae had walked the boy up. with out that wand Dae would have pardoned him on the grounds that he killed voldemort. Dae just wanted to destroy the wand, or make it where no one could use it. "Well Mrs. Lupin if we leave him in there for life then we don't have to worry about him hurting people when he gets out do we. Now leaving him at Hogwarts will ethire get an economic sanctions placed on us by Germany and there allies or a full scale world. You simply don't let the person who killed an allied minster walk free and expect no backlash. I will not let your compassion for the young get this magical country into a world of trouble."

"Now I agree that the wand should be destroyed, but he wishes to keep it which only contributes to my thesis that he is a sociopath and as much as i don't want to condem him in that manor i must. Yes as the head of the Auror Department i was trained in behavioral analysis for aid in capturing criminals. That is why i knew that this criminal would come to me. Please Mrs lupin do not falter yourself to know so much about me. While we are all trained in various arts i know that only me and shacklebolt could last against the wand because shacklebolt has many years of experience and I employ ancient magic in my own wand to aid me."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:30 am

"Well, Minister," Khaat said, doing her very level best to hide every single speck of sarcasm that was threatening to rise up out of her because of what she saw as sheer pompous arrogance and a desire on his part to be both condescending and chauvinistic, "it is rewarding to see that not all things have changed in my absence. The tradition of the Ministry is as alive and well as it ever was. Your predecessors would be proud of you, I am quite sure. However, if you believe you are perhaps the only one in England's entire wizarding world who can care for this young man, then I suggest you yourself will need to either serve as his probation officer or his guard at Azkaban, either one. And I suggest that you perhaps should take him under your wing, since you apparently are massively more educated than anyone else, and help him understand the error of his ways and help him to welcome a path away from the one you believe he is currently on. One thing, however, I do believe that your compassion for the German minister is perhaps not as selfless as you want us to believe. Could it be that the reason you will not consider another alternative is that you fear that Mr. Emof might have you as his next target and perhaps you are more in fear for your own life that you want us to see?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:37 am

"Well then if I am his next target then he could be sent to Askeban just for that in itself conspiracy to kill a head of state is life, and that added with already killing one is a capital crime. Now i do not have the time or the pacientce for insolence much below the level you display and i fear that is far worse then yours. Not only that as Minster i barely have time to sleep leaving me no time to tutor a sociopath in the ways to be something other then what he is. I could also care less about the German Minster's death what i care about is that some one we have in captivity did it, and the repercussions we could face if we do not take care of it with a capital punishment of some type. You are as naive as your predecessor's Mrs. Lupin and that is nice" Dae said being snide.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top