Wizengamot Meeting
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Wizengamot Meeting Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Wizengamot Meeting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wizengamot Meeting Empty Wizengamot Meeting

Post by Jess Potter Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Jess walked into the Ministry, a huge frown on his face, and a concerned look on his face. Wearing some of his finest robes, he had the look of someone who meant business. Just minutes before he'd sent patronuses to the other 4 members of the Wizengmot calling them in for a meeting. Being the person in charge of the elections, he felt he had a right to do so, but in case anyone thinks their charrie should have called it, they'd do well to remember that all wizengamot members can call meetings.

Anyway, he got into the lift and went down to the level with the coutrooms on it, before proceeding to walk there.

See, a viable claim to the Minister position had emerged, one that seemed to have the backing required, so the wizengamot needed to decide if this was the person.

Opening the door to the Wizengamot's meeting room Jess walked in and sat down at his chair, summoning himself a cup of tea and waiting for the others to arrive, a very serious look sitting on his face.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Wizengamot Meeting Empty Re: Wizengamot Meeting

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:04 pm

Khaat was irked with Jess. She realized she had delegated responsibilities for elections to him, but she had expected some sort of even a small note out of courtesy from him about wanting to call a meeting of the wizengamot before he had actually done so. She understood his tendencies to want to be a leader, but she really hated feeling like she was out of the loop here. It made her feel inefficient, and that was one thing she did not like, almost beyond anything else.

But rather than deciding to do anything with the matter, she had simply responded like everyone else, had donned her Chief Warlock robes, grabbed a notebook and a quill and her everpresent cup of French Roast and had reported to the courtroom, their standard meeting place.

"Good morning, Jess," she said, taking her place and arranging her things on her desk.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22583
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:09 am

((Jess wants to point out that it was he who actually ran the ministry, by extension, before this election, and that it was not delegated to him, but that he took the power issued to him when his old faction [[RIP Order D:]] took over the ministry Razz

And that shouldn't be misconstrued as me being mean, i was trying to explain it to you so you didn't feel out of the loop.))

Jess looked up from his papers and nodded to khaat, no sign of pleasure on his face. "Good Evening Khaat," he said, before looking back down, absent-mindedly waving his wand and having his robes change to the plum coloured ones the wizengamot wore, as well as the cap arriving on his head, all without any sign of nudity, for khaat's sake. "We've had a contender emerge, one who seems to think he has prior claim." he said, almost spitting the words out, showing his clear distaste on the matter.

"Khaat, before i go further, i must ask you, no, implore you to remain impartial on this matter, no matter what your personal feelings are, look at the facts, nothing more, or else, i don't do this in any way to harm you, but if you don't, i will make a motion of no confidence. I know you, and i'm sure that you will remain impartial, but if you don't... i'm sorry, but i just can't stand around and take it... If you can't remain impartial, let the proceedings take place without any formal vote of yours, for the sake of the Ministry," he said, a firm line plastered on his face.

"Khaat," he said, looking down at his pages, then back up, "the contender is Vincent... Vincent Majere," he said, stressing the name, trying to highlight the severity of the situation.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:25 am

Khaat looked at Jess, her eyes flashing, irked by his feeling that she could not remain impartial where Vincent was concerned. He had gone from Hogwarts, apparently, months ago and had not said a word to her. She was certainly able to put her emotions about him aside at the moment. It was not like Vincent was working at any sort of a relationship. Maybe he didn't know how. Seemed like Jess himself was a bit out of the loop on Khaat's own personal life, and that was fine with her.

"Unless someone can present substantial evidence, then as far as I am concerned Vincent has no prior claim. And, yes, I would say that about anyone who came forward saying they had a prior claim. I would want to see evidence of that claim," she said sharply. "Vincent Majere made it rather clear when he left the ministry, became headmaster, and then brought death eaters into Hogwarts where his loyalties were. I think, for me, that severs any loyalties and prior claims pretty loudly to me. The death eaters have, for generation, flaunted their disregard of law and authority, and that's exactly where he sided when he thought he needed it. Hr didn't ask the ministry for help. He asked Sandra Archer. Well, now he thinks he has prior claims? It will be quite interesting to see exactly where or how he thinks that happens."

She took a sip of her french roast. "What exactly is this based on, Jess?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:54 am

((Lol, just had an image of khaat walking around with flashing eyes.))

Jess shrugged. "He says he's got the experience, the qualifications, the general public seem to support him, i doubt the actually know the truth about him, in all honesty," he said, flicking through another file. "He should be here today, he can't vote, but he says he has all the evidence we need." He told Khaat, stopping to take a breath.

"Why the hell is he still on the Wizengamot?" he asked slowly, a grumpy look on his face, "I was under the impression he was fired, or quit, why can't you just fire him now?" he asked, it was all a bit much for him. He'd worked so hard to kick out the last evil dictator, and now it seemed as though another was in position to take the reins, all his work, ruined.

"It checks out though," he said, "Ministry Position, ex-leadership role... unless we unmask him, which i would support doing. I just hope we play our cards right, chances are he can't get through us... " he said with a frown
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:47 pm

"He hasn't been consistently on the court. Our court has been full, in his absence, and he has not been on it. The only way for him to have done that is to have somehow removed someone else. It will be very interesting to see who shows up today and who does not. Unless Matt restored Vincent to his seat, which I can hardly see is very likely. once Matt resigned, I became acting minister, and I certainly have done no such thing. Nor would I. As far as I can tell, he really has no claim, except by somehow getting himself reseated on this court. And as for popularity, I don't really know if he is all that popular or not. Here is my question. If Matt decides he wants to still be minister, why don't I just return his post to him? Why are we even having this bloody elections, in that case? It seems to me that I have full right to do just that and end this whole charade. Furthermore, it seems that part of that unmasking you're talking about has to do with find out how exactly he got back on the Wizengamot in the first place.

"Oh, and one more thing, please try not to threaten me until you actually have grounds to do so. That would help the two of us get along immensely."

Last edited by Khaat Lupin on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Having a seat on the Wizengamot was something that came in handy at times but often it was a waste of time; it wasn’t as if there was anyone to convict. The only person that the Ministry still wanted was Robert Dent and he’d more or less cleared himself even without the documentation. Narcissa would have been impressed had it been his sister or someone else but unfortunately it was the pompous arse she’d come to loathe quite fiercely. And then there was Jenifer. The two were a little too close and Narcissa didn’t quite know what to make of it. Inbreeding was not absent in Pureblood culture but the Whitlocks never stayed with one man, preferring to have others, so it was incredibly unlikely that there was going to be any prospective inbreeding going on.

But the fact that Narcissa was concerned about inbreeding within the Whitlock-Dent family wasn’t actually the point of that paragraph. Actually there was no point and it was just the mindless pattern of thoughts that were going through her head. But the point was that the Wizengamot was meeting which lead to that train of thought that dropped off about twenty words ago. Impressive, no? Not really? Well, fine then. On with the paragraph then I suppose.

Narcissa walked through the halls of the Ministry having just Flooed there. She was brushing some of the soot off of the front and sides of her robes. The blonde brushed her hair out of her eyes and headed to the meeting room. She opened the door abruptly and slipped inside. She closed it behind her and crossed her arms over her chest. “You took me away from a glass of wine and a good book – this better be good.” She said snarkily.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:14 am

"Hello, Narcissa," Khaat said warmly. A glass of wine and a good book. Hm..So typically Narcissa. That was how she coped with the world. Sad, really. Narcissa could be remarkably strong when she wanted to be, but that seemed to be a bit time limited. Not that Khaat could blame her. If she herself had been married to Lucius, she'd have resorted to firewhiskey and a good book a hell of a long time ago. The sad part was that anyone as brilliant as Narcissa was truly should have had the permission to have lived her life to its fullest, and it seemed to be, more than tragic, purely criminal that she had been shut away from the world in Malfoy Manor for so many years.

"I am sorry. This is Jess's little dog and pony show," Khaat said quietly. "Apparently our agenda is to discuss the election of the minister and some of the nominees. Not probably as gripping as your book, but important nonetheless. I know it isn't wine, but in my office I have a pot of coffee and a pot of tea that are hot if you'd like something to drink. I thought someone might want something, so I brewed some of each."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top