Waiting outside; Makaiden Kanakaredes & Open
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Waiting outside; Makaiden Kanakaredes & Open Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Waiting outside; Makaiden Kanakaredes & Open

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Waiting outside; Makaiden Kanakaredes & Open Empty Waiting outside; Makaiden Kanakaredes & Open

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:02 am

Ben was leaning against the wall of some muggle shop. He hated shopping. His father had insisted he came with him to London for the day. His mother and sister were off doing some girly stuff and Ben wasn't allowed to stay at home all day. His father kept popping into millions of shops. He wasn't being quick. Ben just waited at the end of the street, wondering how long his dad would take. Many muggles walked by him without giving him a second glance. Lots of children seemed to hang around London. Half of them probably waiting for parents, like himself.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Number of posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Waiting outside; Makaiden Kanakaredes & Open Empty Re: Waiting outside; Makaiden Kanakaredes & Open

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:11 am

Mak was way making her way down the busy streets of muggle London. She was in England only to get a few things for school before the term start. She was dressed in clothes appropriate for the occasion. She was wearing a pair of faded jeans that had holes scattered along both legs in various places, with green cami and a light, brown jacket to keep the breeze from making her chilled. As she strolled the street, she glanced at the people around her wondering if she would see anyone that she knew. Being very careless and not watching where she was going Mak bumped into something solid and stumbled trying to regain her balance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Waiting outside; Makaiden Kanakaredes & Open Empty Re: Waiting outside; Makaiden Kanakaredes & Open

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:17 am

Ben was looking around, not paying too much attention to anything when someone bumped into him. He turned around to see a girl, a bit older than himself. Wearing the usual muggle clothing. He smiled at her, trying to be friendly. "I'm Ben." he said, not wanting the situation to become an awkward silence.

[[OOC: Am off to bed now, will reply here tomorrow evening.]]
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:31 am

Mak straighten up to see that she had in fact stumbled into a boy. She was slightly embarrassed at being such a klutz by running into a stationary object. She at last examined the boy, and he looked slightly younger than her, but friendly enough. She smiled, and hearing him introduce himself she did the same.

"I'm Makaiden...er nice to meet you. I'm very sorry that I nearly ran you over... I'm really not usually clumsy just a bit too distracted today." she finally said a bit awkwardly, "Don't really know my way around this 'part' of London." She added the last bit with a little more emphasis than she meant to.

She knew her way around London but only the underground part, She studied the boy a little more carefully. He looked a bit familiar, but she couldn't figure out where she might know him from.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:01 am

Ben smiled at her. Makai...what? He heard her name but was scared to say it in case he said it wrong. He didn't want to offend her or anything. He cared way too much about what other people thought of him. "It's fine, don't worry about it." he reassured her. He wasn't hurt or anything, he didn't mind. "What part of London?" he asked, intrigued. "Where are you heading?" he asked. Not that he would be able to help her. It wasn't as if she was heading to Diagon Alley, he thought, just some muggle place. Still, he knew where the nearest underground station was. That was something.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:38 pm

Mak smiled, thankful that she had not done any damage to him. She began playing with the last button hole on her jacket at being asked the next question. What part of london? Well if he was a muggle, and she told him what was the worst that could happen? He would think she was a loony. She answered as quickly as should could so as not too seem too confused. "Diagon Alley," she replied confidently hoping partially if he had not heard of it that he would not question its location.

She glanced around at passersby to see if any anyone looked around funny at her speaking of a place such as this. She turned back to Ben and dropped her hand to her side again waiting for a reaction.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:15 am

Ben wasn't really paying attention to her, until she spoke those words. He had been half day-dreaming, as per usual. "Really?" he asked, astonished. That was the last thing he had been expecting. So, she was a fellow witch? He hadn't seen her around Hogwarts before. Then again, Hogwarts was a big place. He didn't know most of the student body. "Follow me." he simply said, walking down the street in search of the Leaky Cauldron. His dad wouldn't be done for ages. He looked around to check Mak was following him. He hoped she didn't mind being called Mak, he had a feeling others might not be able to say her name too.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:26 am

Mak look at him a bit questioningly, and she paused in her place. "Wait so your a wizard? If that's the case then you can call me Mak. All my friends do." she asked. Hogwarts must be why she thought he looked familar. She must have seen him in passing. She was really good at remembering faces.

She realized her was taking off without her because he had told her to follow him. He must know how to get there, and since she was a bit lost, this was a good thing. She looked back at a passing glance,
"I'm not taking you away from anyone am I?" she asked remembering that it looked as though he was waiting for someone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:32 am

Ben nodded. "Yeah, I take it you're a witch as well then." he replied. He was glad she said he could call her Mak. He couldn't avoid saying her name forever. He was hopeless with names, let alone longer ones. He looked back and waited for her to catch up, while replying to her question. "No. Actually I was waiting for my dad, but he'll be ages so I can go off for a bit. I've got nothing else to do." he said. He'd rather go to Diagon Alley than just stand around waiting while adults gave him weird looks.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:46 am

Mak strolled along this slightly unfamiliar road. She kept looking around hoping she would remember something along the way and feeling stupid for getting lost. She should have just used floo powder she though to herself. She chuckled and replied with a smile, "Yes I am. I'm a Gryffindor Fourth year at Hogwarts. What about yourself?"

She knew it was a big school so she had no clue which house he might be in, but she was quite sure he didn't go to Beauxbatons or Durmstrang. Some of her thick brown hair feel into her face as she looked down at her feet and she quickly tucked it behind her ear. She had just gotten a hair cut and it was annoying her how short they had made her bangs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top