Study Room - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Study Room - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Study Room

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Study Room - Page 2 Empty Re: Study Room

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:30 pm

Ben was glad his spell worked. Maybe the Ravenclaw would laugh again, though he doubted it. He would probaby go back to reading or something. Ben wondered what year the guy was in. He looked older than himself, being a second year. Ravenclaws seemed to know all the spells, but often weren't so good in practise, which was where Ben had an advantage.

Ben tried to jump out of the way of the next spell, though it still hit his shoulder. Cursing, he tried to remember the healing spell. Tergio? He couldn't remember. "Aguamenti." he muttered, pointing his wand to his shoulder. He would go to the Nurse later, the water made it a bit less painful, at least. An idea then came to his head. "Aguamenti!" he shouted, pointing his wand at the boy. He had been slow though, because of his boils.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Number of posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:37 pm

Sterling (who was beside himself in uncontrolled fits of giggles) pointed his wand at himself and forced out the words "Finite incantatem!" Sterling noticed for the first time that Ben seemed quite a bit younger than him. The word advantage floated through his mind before unfair did. The boy was screaming something, but Sterling had been distracted. Therefore, he was unprepared for the jet of water that hit him square in the face, drenching his brand new robes. This aggravated Sterling. He dried himself non-verbally with tergio but pointed his wand at the second year and screamed the infamous spell (perhaps a bit overboard) "Petrificus totalus!"
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Number of posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Ben saw the guy had stopped himself from laughing. He sighed, he had enjoyed the sight. A Ravenclaw laughing was a rare experience. He laughed as the water hit him, glad he had caught him offguard. This however made him completely unprepared for the next spell cast. He head 'Petrificus totalus' cast and he was too busy laughing to get out of the way. He tried, but the spell still hit him. He fell back on the floor, he had completely lost control of his body. Great, he thought. He wondered if anyone would come by to help him or not.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Victory welled up through Sterling. He felt bad about it only a moment later. The thought 'pick on someone your own size', entered his mind, but then he realized Ben was quite a bit taller than him. But he was younger and less educated. Sterling sighed to himself. "Episky," he said, pointing his wand at the second year. Then said "Finite." The boy's boils had healed and he came back from the full body bind immediately.

"Sorry about that. Got a bit carried away." Sterling said. The thought then entered his mind, Study Hall was supposed to be quiet. They had made quite a bit of a ruckus.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:01 am

Ben was lying there on the ground. He wondered if the boy would leave him there or help him. Luckily for Ben, he helped him. After a couple of simple spells, Ben got up, though his back was hurting. "Don't worry." he said, not wanting to accept the boy's apology. "I'm Ben, Ben Macmillan. A second year." he said, not remembering how much information he gave about himself earlier. He wondered if any teachers would come and question them about the noise. He hoped not, he didn't want to loose any points for Hufflepuff. He wouln't mind Ravenclaw loosing some though, they were winning, annoyingly.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:07 am

"Er, we should probably get out of here before something bad happens." he said. "Wouldn't want to get detention or lose House Points would we?" he asked. He wanted to make amends with the boy, although he was still minorly irked by his early interruption. "I don't believe I've introduced myself. I'm Sterling, Sterling Silver." he said.

Then wanting to make amends, he placed his wand down on the desk. "I'm sorry for petrifying you." He said he took a few steps away from his wand. "I'll give you a free shot if you like." he offered.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Macmillan01 Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:11 am

Ben nodded, agreeing with him for the first time. "Yeah, good point." he looked around the room. It was a bit of a mess. "Nice to meet you." he said, glad he finally knew the boy's name. He didn't like thinking of people as 'boy'.

Ben laughed as Sterling offered him a free shot and apologized. "It's fine. That's what dueling is about." he said, not that bothered. "I wouldn't have a clue how to un-petrify you, so I think it's best if I don't. Unless you want to stay petrified forever." he said, joking. He couldn't always do the re-enervating spell and had forgotten it at that moment anyway, so he decided against taking a free shot.
Benjamin Macmillan01
Benjamin Macmillan01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:19 am

Sterling had a sudden liking for the boy. He wasn't nearly as irked as he had been a moment ago. He picked up his wand and muttered "Scourgify," and the room was tidy again. He now really hoped a teacher would come in and take house points away, the evidence of the battle were still upon them as well as the prying eyes of all the witnesses of the duel that had just occurred.

[[OOC: It would be really hilarious if a teacher came in right now.]]
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:38 am

[[OOC: Teacher alert! xD.]]

Professor Tiquelle had been walking down the corridor when she heard raised voices and loud noises. And if that wasn't odd enough, they were coming from the study room, of all places! She hurried along the corridor to see what was going on. She knew it was nearly the end of term, but that didn't mean people needed to disobey rules.

As Professor Tiquelle opened the door, she saw two students standing up, and various others sitting down and working. It didn't take a genius to figure out who had been making the noise. She walked over to the two students. One was a member of her own house, Ben Macmillan, the other was a transfer student, a Ravenclaw. What was his name? Something beginning with S...Silver...S Silver...something like that.

"What are you two up to in here?" she questioned them, looking between them. She looked at Mr. Silver first, as he was the oldest one. "Would either of you like to explain to me what all the noise was, or am I going to have to ask everyone else?" she asked them, expecting one of them to answer.

Study Room - Page 2 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Silver Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 am

Sterling paled at his most feared prospect. A teacher! A TEACHER!! He didn't see how he could explain away the noise--it couldn't have been anything else... after all, it was the study hall. "We were having a f-friendly duel," he stuttered. "W-we agreed to meet here, a-and we didn't think there would be other students, b-but, er, well there were, but we decided to..." his voice trailed off. He winced at the impending trouble that there was. He tried and failed to appear innocent.
Sterling Silver
Sterling Silver

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top