A Birth day - Page 76
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 76 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 76 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 76 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 15, 2023 12:03 am

"I'll see what I need to do to get it changed," Angus told her. "The girls know now because Fenrir told them, but this has certainly been a day from hell for them." He watched Ruby go over to see the babies as Simone changed Caprice into a sleep sack for the night.

"Ruby, would you like to put Caprice to bed while you're still here?" Simone asked her. "She's been bathed, diapered, fed, and now she's ready for bed, I think."

"Angus," Anise came over to him, and Angus could see her calming potion was wearing off. Either that or the fight had brought her mother's death back to her.

"Come," he said quietly, motioning to her. She sat beside him in his recliner and curled into him. "I didn't know your mother well, but I do know this. She loved you like crazy, and wherever she is tonight, that love hasn't dimmed one particle. She still loves you like crazy, and she's glad you're safe."

"Do you think she suffered?" she asked Angus. Angus knew that the last thing he wanted to do was to lie to Anise. As a seer, she might well know if he was lying.

"I don't know," he said. It was an answer that he could truly justify as an honest one in his head. "But what I do know is that if either you or Ginger had been attacked like that, that would have been far worse pain than any bodily pain she might have had. And, from what I know of my own brushes with the veil and from what some of my friends who have had their own brushes, we all became less and less aware of our bodies as we got closer to the veil. So if she had any pain, it surely wasn't long." She looked at him for a moment.

"Thanks," she said, curling up with him for one more moment. "You were brave enough not to lie to me. That means a lot."

"I don't plan on ever lying to you because I don't plan on you ever feeling like you need to lie to me," he kissed the top of her head. "Have you and Ginger eaten?"

"Not yet."

"Go tuck into a plate, then. We got distracted right at supper time. Go eat so Ginger will feel like she can eat too. You know that's too important to her to miss." She nodded, gave him a smile, and went to try to get Ginger to fix a plate.

"You were good with her just now. That wasn't an easy question to answer," Marcus told him.

"It's the best I could do on the fly,' Angus said. "You know we have to go back to Tuscany. We're going to need some bags packed."

"Not tonight. I'll get them packed, but you don't need it tonight."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22653
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 15, 2023 12:11 am

Ruby nodded to Angus then smiled to simone " I'd like that" she said and nodded taking Caprice from Simone and held her close to her as she then smiled at the two girls before walking up to put Caprice in her cot, leaning over the side she gave Caprice a gentle kiss on her forhead " sleep well caprice, I'll se you soon" she said softly to her and sighed as she stood up and walked to the door, looking in one last time she ehaded back down to see the girls now eating but she could see a shift in them.

Walking over to Angus she sat back down "Caprice is sleeping but i think what ever potion you gave the girls is wearing off" she said softly to him " maybe I should make them some tea " she said softly and looked at Angus .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 15, 2023 12:27 am

"Yes. It is," Angus admitted. "Robert suggested we give them just a standard dose of calming potion during waking hours. It will help them cope with their grief temporarily. If you'd like, you could make some fresh tea and maybe put a dose in each cup. They've been using the bright pink mugs because, first of all, they like pink, but, if they use the pink mugs, I can know for sure if they drank it and I'll know if someone else picks up a pink mug by mistake. Just pick a flavor you know they like and haven't had today. They've ha just straight up black tea and also some almond tea, so you'll probably entice them if you pick something different."

"Angus and I were just discussing packing for Tuscany," Marcus said to her. "You know he tends to need to know he has all his bases covered. So, if there's something you want us to take to Tuscany for you--black dress, whatever it is, get me a list, and I'll pack it when I pack for him and I. Doesn't have to be tonight. You could send it to me tomorrow sometime."

As the tiny babies started to cry and squall, Simone looked over at Jack and Jessie.

"They're tired, Boys," she told them. "I'd just tuck them into the Moses basket for now."

"Angus," Evan came in with Finn, and Finn had something in his mouth and was growling at Evan. Evan was stooped over, trying to tug whatever it was out of Finn's mouth, and Finn wasn't having it. "He found something outside, and he's not giving it up."

"Probably a bone he buried out there sometime back," Angus laughed.

"No. It's a box. A little black cube shaped box," Evan said. Angus whistled for Finn, and the dog jumped up in the chair with Angus. Angus had to work a moment, but he got the box from Finn, and he looked at it."

"Well, that answers it. Jack, you need to see this at once," Angus said, holding up the little black box so Jack could see what he had.

"What is it?"

"It's a marker. James has used these before. And, smell this side of it."

"I didn't have to. It stinks. Smells like a muggle hospital."

"Exactly. Because it was around antiseptic very recently. And who do we know that was around antiseptics very recently?"

"I don't know. Who?"

"Members of Fenrir's own pack," Simone said, her eyes wide.

"Precisely. I think Fenrir has a huge problem. I think one of his own pack members is a plant from James. He came here with the pack after the attack and he's buried makers again on the grounds. That's my bet. I don't know who it is, but somebody in his pack is a phony and is already loyal to James."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 15, 2023 12:39 am

Ruby nodded to Angus " I know just the one for them to try" she said then heard Marcus remembering the bubble she chuckled and pulled out her keys, Taking them off them she handed them to Angus "Take this for me, it has everything I need" she said now knowing why she ahd been given it. Hearing the babies she watched as Jack and Jessie as they placed the babies into the Moses basket and placed a small blanket across both boy's middle.

Turning she saw Evan and smiled at Finn "Hey boy, Hi Evan, its good to see you again." she greeted Evan and Finn ruffling his fur but she paused smelling the antiseptic smell from the box he held. It reminded her that she would have to leave once again, standing she moved to the kitchen and made two pink cups of chocolate orange hot chocolate and added a dose of calming potion to each. Picking them up she walked over to the girls " I made you some hot chocolate. " she said and sat down next to them.

Taking a breath she spoke softly to them " I know I can't replace your mother and I knew she was a strong, kind and a devoted mother to you both, but know I will be here for you both, no matter what. I love you girls just as much as I love Caprice, your both just as much my daughters as she is and the boys." she told both of them pulling both into a hug and holding them.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 15, 2023 12:56 am

The girls appreciated Ruby's support, and they talked just a little bit about their mother with her, but they stopped, finding it too painful to talk about her.

"Can we put some sort of special flowers in the tea garden for her?" Anise asked Ruby.

"She liked snapdragons," Ginger said. "Any color snapdragon."

Angus noticed Jack and Jessie were caught up with the babies, and Jack hadn't noticed the marker box.

"Thanks, Evan,' Angus said. "I'll take care of it in the morning. It isn't safe for us non-werewolves to go out any more tonight til daylight because of the full moon. Hopefully Fenrir's pack all took wolfsbane, but I can't be positive. And hopefully there are no more of James' pack to return here tonight but I can't be positive of that either. Finn and I will go walk the grounds at daybreak and see if I can't find any more of them."

"I'll go with you if you like," Evan said.

"You're welcome to, always," Angus said, "but let's see how this houseful of kids makes it through the night. It could be a bit rocky tonight. And if we're still operating in an 'all-hands-on-deck' mode, I might have to go by myself."

"Well, for now, then, I'll help Simone put the leftovers away," he said.

"Thanks," Angus said. He had no intention of interrupting Ruby with the girls. His own mind was running over all the details of things that had happened today, wondering what he had forgotten, not wanting to miss something that would blow up in his face later.

"Stop overthinking, Mate," Marcus laughed gently. "Everyone is in one piece and the house isn't on fire. So, I think if you missed anything, it can wait til morning."

"Make sure we're secure, would you?"

"Absolutely," Marcus said. "I'll take a walk through to make sure we're good, but I'm sure we're fine."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 15, 2023 1:07 am

Ruby stayed with the girls comforting them as they spoke of good times with their mother. Jack moved over to Angus and looked at the box " hum,i'll notify the ground crew to keep an eye out for any more of these things." he said " but your right its suspishious that it smells of antiscptic, it could be a ruse to get us ti think some one in Fenrirs pack is a snitch for James." he added as he stood looking at the small black box.

Jessie looked over and walked over to them seeing the box for himsef " I'll get the wolf pack to sniff out any more of them with the ground crew" he added and Jack nodded " okay I'll head out and be back to take the second shift with the babies" he said and looked to Angus " no complaining" he said and chuckled as he looekd to Marcus " see you later" he added and went to the door before it was locked and stepped out.

Jessie moved to sit next to the basenette with the two boys in it now sleeping peacfully with clean dipers and full tummys. It was now Ruby stood up and walked over to the table taking a pen she wrote a note to Jeffery telling him she would head back in the morning to spend some time with the girls and expaining she felt they needed her at leat for the one night. She opened the floo and sent it to him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 15, 2023 1:27 am

"I'm not complaining," Angus laughed. "I'm grateful for the help."

"How can I help tonight?" Evan asked. "If Jack and Jessie are going to tend to the babies, and if Ruby is staying for the girls, can you get some sleep tonight?"

"Probably, yes," Angus said. "When Marcus gets back from his walk through, I'll have him help me change for the night. Managing shirts, frankly, is just a pain in the butt. I'll shower in the morning."

"I'd be happy to help you while the girls are enjoying their tea," Evan said. "I'm sure you'd be more comfortable."

"I would be," Angus said.

"Come on. I'll give you a hand," Evan said. They went upstairs for just a few minutes, and Evan got to see the scars and the bruises that were hidden under the shirt and under the brace. He also got to see for himself that there were other, much older scars from other skirmishes. And he was silently almost envying how very muscular Angus was compared to Evan's own lean and lanky build.

"Can I ask you something?" Evan asked as he put the dirty clothes in the hamper.

"Of course," Angus replied.

"How did you get so built?"

"Countless hours of exercise and training," Angus said.

"That's something I could use more of."

"Muscles?"

"No," Evan laughed. "Exercise and training. Who does it?"

"Robert and Brian design it, and we work at it. And several times a year, Robert does survival weekends where we go out in the wild and try to survive with nothing all weekend. The toughest ones have been when he's deliberately taken us out in the worst storms or the worst winter weather he can find."

"Savage," Evan teased. "Doesn't sound like that's my cup of tea."

"Not unless you trained for it."

"Meh. They wouldn't have me," Evan pish toshed the very idea.

"No, I don't think Robert would. If you really wanted to train, I think he'd let you try. The boys and both Ginger and Anise want to go this summer."

"So where is this done at?"

"Brian's other property in Colorado."

"It honestly sounds temping," Evan said. "I don't know about leaving Tara and the girls that long, though."

"If you want to think about it, we could discuss that," Angus said, as Evan helped him with some pajama trousers.

"I just might," Evan said. "I don't know that I'd ever want to do what you do, but I'd like to know I can defend my family if I have to."

"You could. Or you could just call us," Angus said, with a grin. They went back downstairs together.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon May 15, 2023 1:38 am

Ruby sat with the girls and just held their hands as they sipped the hot chocolate she'd made " you feeling better " she asked both of them not letting go of them. " why don't you once your finished grab a shower in tht new bathroom Jessie built for you" she said " then change into your pj's to sit comfortable, its been a long exausting day" she spoke softly to them. " don't worry Im here till morning so am going no where yet" she said with a smile as she watched Angus and Evan head up the stairs so he could shower and change.

Jessie sat back and accioed a magazine to read as he watched over the babies who even now tried to kick each other making him chuckle. "so hows it been going, I know you've oly been away a day but you seem changed some how?" he asked Ruby who just smiled to him. He placed down the magazine and looked at her.

"Jefferys just that good" she said smiling "oviously its an ongoing thing and I have several weeks left but , its start" she said then looked at Jessie " you of all people should know what he does , you went to him when you arrived here" she said and he chuckled nodding as he lent forward onto his knees.

"yeah I do, but its still go to hear your doing okay" he smiled and patted her shoulder " nice to have some of my sis back" he added making Ruby chuckle and smile at him " you coming to the funeral?" he asked and Ruby nodded.

"Jeffery should allow it, so I will be there" she said and looked to the girls again. " nothing could keep me from being there as suport for our girls." she smiled seeing Angus walk back down from the bedroom " you look human and hansom again and you look like you could use some pain potion too." she said smiling as she watched Evan walk him back to the recliner.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 15, 2023 8:36 pm

"Well, I feel more human, at any rate," Angus told Ruby. "And it feels like I got rid of several pounds of dust and dirt."

"He smells better," Evan teased.

"He hasn't had any pain potion since early this morning," Marcus said. "It's just been too busy today, so I'm sure he's hurting, especially since that female threw him around like a chew toy."

"Are you surprised Fenrir showed up?" Evan asked.

"No, not really," Angus replied. "I don't see him as the sort of guy that can walk away from a fight. I don't think that at his age he would necessarily start a fight but if someone starts one, he's going to try to be the one that finishes it. And when Ginger went to get him, I don't think he was going to let it be known that the humans fought his pack's fight for him."

"I never looked at it that way," Evan admitted.

"Pack pride, I'm learning, is an important thing, and even more important to an alpha like him," Angus said.

"Angus," Marcus said, "you should take advantage of having people awake here all night and go upstairs and get a good night's sleep. I can add a stack of pillows for you so you aren't trying to lie down on that shoulder, but, unless Ginger or Anise need you during the night, a good, solid night's sleep would do you a world of good."

It was something that Angus hadn't even considered. He had become so accustomed to sleeping downstairs because of his shoulder, that he hadn't considered trying it back upstairs again. It wasn't quite so fragile now, though so Angus considered that it might be manageable now.

"I could try it, and if it doesn't work I could come back down," Angus replied.

"Agreed," Marcus said. "I'll go arrange some extra pillows up there."

"Thank you," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon May 15, 2023 9:20 pm

Ruby could not help chuckle as Evan said he smelled better after his shower. Standing she walked over to the kitchen and pored a glass of juice for Angus then placed a small does of pain potion. Picking it up she carried it ovr to him " Here if you want it now thats okay, but it will keep for later if you don't" she said placing the glass carefully into his hand. " I agree with Marcus, sleep will do you the world of good, I will be down here with the twins and if Caprice needs me." she told him befre she kissed his cheek and went to sit next to Simone and Jessie.

After an hour Jack had the yard looking like nothing had happened , sll bodies were returned to the pack or burned to ash and scattered bu the grounds people. He walked back to the main house and went straight to shower himself clean of the dust and dirt.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 88 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top