LONDON CALLING - Page 10
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 10 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 10 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 10 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:21 am

Ruby chuckled and looked at Abby " well she's done a perfect job, you look like a proper pixie" she said smiling at her " I think so but he's not here yet" she said as she saw someone walking over the suitcase in hand and a hat on his head. As he got closer he looked up and they could see it was Rowan dressed as Robert in a dark blue trench coat, a similer colour suit and a tie looking rather dapper.

"I thought this would be perfect," he said grinning as he flashed the waist coat under the suit. His hair was combed back  and he wore dark coloured gloves the suitcase had several travel stickers on it as a hint of his well-travelled status.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4246

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:39 am

"You look great, Rowan," Edward said. "You know what they say--imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

"I never thought I'd have a doppelganger," Robert laughed.

"I'll never be able to tell you two apart," Kate said.

"You'd better figure that out before bedtime tonight," Robert teased her.

"Well, if you can't stake a claim on it, then it might be your loss," Kate teased right back, not meaning a word of it. He laughed out loud.

"I think we should go," Robert said. "Have we got everyone?"

"Not quite. Angus, you need your griffin," Kate said.

"Yes. I do," Angus said. He went through the motions of introducing himself to the griffin, and the griffin seemed to accept him easily. Kate fed the griffin a nice pork tenderloin, and the griffin had no issue letting Angus climb on. Michael handed Angus a medallion that looked like a large ruby with a gold griffin laid overtop of it.

"That's your portkey, Lad," Michael said. "Has more zap to it so it can get you and the bird there and back. It'll even work for you, even with your wonky magic."

"The griffin will hold you and Ruby to get there but he won't be able to last for hours with both of you on his back. Still, if she wants to ride there with you, he can handle it," Kate said. "We'll see how much energy he has left at the end of the night to see if he can bring both of you back. I can get some meat for him at the Three Broomsticks to feed him while we're there, I'm sure."

One of the outside men handed Kate the pygmy puff, and she doublechecked to make sure she had Fudge. She whistled for Archangel, and he landed on Kate's shoulder.

"We'll meet you two there," Robert told Angus and Ruby. "Use your doubloons if you get into trouble."

"You wanna go with me?" Angus asked Ruby.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22716
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:49 am

Rowan laughed and nodded at the banter " I think you " he said trying to sound like Robert and bowed a little but then chuckled again. Ruby looked at the griffin and smiled as she was asked if she wanted to fly on it.

"oh I would so love to" she said with a child like grin on her face and a sparkle in her eyes. " coming back won't be a problem I can always port home if this fine creature is too tired to carry both of us." she said as now every one made their way to the carnival. Looking at Angus she took his hand and slipped up onto the grifins back " this is realy exciting, my first griffin flight" she said as she held onto him around his waist.

She rested her head against his back as they now flew " this is apsolutly magical" she said still grinning as they moved threw the air.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:01 am

Angus hadn't been flying in months, since his accident, but this was such a thrill for him. He had taken an immediate love for this griffin and for the regal creature it was. He loved flying, and this made it one of the greatest thrills he had had in months--since his accident in June. If this griffin was for sale, Angus decided he wanted it.

They flew to Hogsmeade, and Angus decided to land the griffin in Michael's back yard. It was only a block from the carnival, and it was a good place to land the griffin out of some of the commotion.

"God, I've missed flying," Angus told her after the griffin landed. "He's amazing. If he's for sale, I want him, Ru." Angus very rarely wanted an impulsive purchase, and never something impulsive that was high priced. "I mean, with all the animals we have, what's one more? Did you enjoy the flight?"

He had loved every minute of it, but now he wanted to see his boys. "Suppose the boys will be surprised to see a real griffin?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:06 am

Ruby laughed as they landed then smiled as Angus said if the griffin was for sale he wanted it " well we can ask, I don't see a problem if hes not for sale I'm sure they might have one that is" she said then grined at him when he asked if she enjoyed the flight " I did, it's so thriling to do that, it's like being taken to a whole different world up their." she said hugging his tight " and I could tell you enjoyed your self too" she said with a wink to him. " its good to see you smile again and enjoy something."

"she looked around and saw the boys " there they are," she said motioning to their right as she saw them walking towards them. " Hey boys" she called to them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:13 am

"What the heck is that!" Sam said, looking at it.

"This," Angus said, "is a real life griffin."

"Awesome! Where'd you get it?" Victor asked.

"Kate found him for me. You guys look great," Angus said. He saw Victor had Fudge in the chest pocket of his coat, the pygmy puff in a special pocket on the other side of his coat, and Archangel on his shoulder. The eagle was periodically tugging on Victor's hair just because he felt like it, and that amused Victor to no end. Kate had filled Victor's coat pockets with treats for Archangel, and there were a couple treats for Fudge in the same pocket that Fudge was riding in so Fudge could just help himself when he was hungry.

Sam's Beedle the Bard costume looked great, and he said that people had already been complimenting him on his originality.

"Need help getting off that thing, Ruby?" Sam asked her, knowing she probably wasn't going to stay on the griffin now that they had landed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:20 am

Ruby nodded at Angus saying their costumes were looking great. she sat behind Angus and smiled as he held him close to her but on Sams question, she looked at Angus "well I was comfortable holding on and enjoying the view" she smiled at Angus " I can stay if you want, but I also know this griffin is your ride and I can walk." she said as she took Sam's hand and slid down off of the griffins back.

Brushing her dress straight she smiled at them. " you allright up their" she asked Angus and looked up at him. " where do you want to go first?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:28 am

"I'm fine," Angus said. "Let's just go over to Main Street and walk through it and get a general gist of where things are. Hey, guys? Our friends Sergio and Ana are here from Romania with their three kids--Emil, and Irina and Nicu. If we find them, and if I give you some money, will you take them to Honeydukes, please?"

"Honeydukes? Sure," Sam said, thinking of his own candy intake. "Is Abbey here?"

"Someplace," Angus laughed.

"Maybe they'd let her go with us?"

"Maybe. You'll have to ask," Angus said.

"What is she?"

"She's a Cornish pixie--Kate made her a bright blue onesie with some great looking wings."

"Well, there can't be too many pixies around, can there?" Victor laughed. "Let's go.' He told Ruby very quietly so Sam couldn't hear. "Sam was bragging about how many more pumpkin pasties he could eat than me, so I entered his name in the pumpkin pasty eating contest. He doesn't know it yet."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:39 am

Ruby smiled and nodded to Angus when he said he was fine " that's good" she said and let them talk when Sergio and Ana and the kids were brought up. " oh yes and they want to meet you guys too" she said then heard Victor sat they should go then she could not help but chuckle at what Victor had done in putting Sams name down for the eating contest " well he'll be up against Jack and Sergio and many others too" she said and chuckled as they moved down to Honeydukes to meet with the others.

Ruby could not help but admire Angus sitting atop the griffin as it moved towards honeydukes. She kept an eye on the pygmy puff in his pocket and Fudge. As she moved she could feel the diadem saphire swinging on her head.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:21 pm

The main street of Hogsmeade was brightly decorated in orange, green, purple, and black. There were pumpkins everywhere. There were all sorts of booths selling Halloween treats of all kinds, jewelry, candles, potions, toys for kids, souvenirs, and just about anything anyone could want. One booth sold beautiful shawls and hats for women.

There were booths that were carnival games of all sorts. There was one booth that did the old fashioned bobbing for apples. Another one had face painting, one had a dunking machine, one was taking wizard photos, one had a 'test-your-strength' game with a large mallet, one game was a ring toss, trying to throw rings around little pumpkins for a prize. One game was like a shooting range, shooting ministry-approved wands to try to kit moving toy bats. There was even a petting zoo of magical creatures for the kids.

There was a pageant for Halloween costumes, broken down into various genders and age groups from babies on up, including a category for animals and pets. One end of main street had several amusement rides for kids and adults and not far from that were amusement rides for small kids. It was like the wizarding world had gone all out, and all the proceeds were going to St. Mungo's.

There were events scheduled for after dark, including trick or treating for every kid under age 12 from the Hogsmeade shops and the carnival booths. There was a fireworks displays scheduled, and the shrieking shack had been decorated as a frightening haunted house with real ghosts and frights for those who dared. The costume contest awards would get given out, and there would be a dance for everyone in the town square with music by a live band. The whole night would close at midnight. Angus didn't believe he was going to have the energy to last until midnight, but if Ruby wanted to stay, he had no problem with that, so long as she was with someone from the estate, just for her own safety.

Khaat had brought Sparks to the carnival, and she had done an outdoors Sparks pop up cafe. She had done a cute picket fence, painting in Halloween colors, with picnic tables. There was a magically enchanted vardo wagon that maintained its regular shape on the outside, but had a full restaurant kitchen on the inside, where Lizzie and her staff were churning out a full menu of special dishes created just for the carnival. People seemed to love to see Sparks in Hogsmeade, and they were suggesting that Sparks open a second location--a permanent one in Hogsmeade.

The boys found Abbey in no time at all, and Khaat gave them permission to take Abbey with them so long as one of the adults was always within eyesight, even if it was at a distance, and at about the same time, Sergio's three found the boys. It made for a happy crew of six kids, and Angus tried to stay close to them, but it was hard for him with the griffin. The kids decided to go into Honeydukes, and Sam put Abbey up on his shoulders so that she didn't get stepped on in the crowded candy store. Angus gave Sam extra money and asked him to be sure to get some of the bright orange or green Halloween candy floss for Sergio's kids to pay off the wager they'd made, and he gave Sam plenty of extra to splurge on any of the six kids for a reasonable amount of Halloween candy.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top