LONDON CALLING
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING Empty LONDON CALLING

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:36 pm

Ruby heard Abby and smiled " lunch is ready if you want I caould do a small bowl for her now" she said placing down her knitting and walking over to the large pan with the soup in. Tacking a ladle she scooped out some of the soup and blended it so it was smooth and creamy then placed it in a bowl for Abby to eat " whould you like some too?" she asked Angus. Walking over she placed some soda bread next to it and thn placed it with a small spoon in front of Abby " here you go and theres puding for after if you eat it" she said smiling to her.

Jessie relaxed and controled his breathing he felt Yu move his thumb to brush his cheek and looked up at him again but saw nothing evil on his fce but only a smile " thanks" he said softly then stepped back.

"my pleasure" Yu said softly staying where he was. " your a good fighter but your Anxiety will hamper you, control of it will make you a more efficiant fighter and a clamr person in whole, Ti chi does that to a point." he told him seeing Jessie nodd and moved to lean on a railing "I will be your Ti Chi partner until you feel ready to be on your own." he palced his hand gently on Jessies shoulder " not every one is out to harm or hurt you, some are her to help and heal you" he said softly making Jessie do something he had not done in a while . He moved his hand and placed it ontop of Yu's and smiled at him, Yu smiled back at him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

LONDON CALLING Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:08 pm

"Sanks!" Abbey said, glad to get some lunch. She tucked in happily to her soup and her soda bread. "Dis carrot, Aggie?" she asked.

"No, but that's a good guess," Angus smiled. "Pumpkin."

"Punkin?" she looked at him, as if she didn't believe him.

"Yeah," he laughed. "It really is pumpkin. Do you like it?" She nodded. "Ruby makes good soup." She nodded. He looked at Ruby. "I'll eat when everyone else does. In the meantime, I'll write some quick notes to these candidates and see if we can get them sent out so I can schedule some interviews and ask Brian to check their backgrounds when he gets to the Ministry next. I'll have to see if Lee will get one of his people do to the background check on Zoe, since she's living in the states."

He got out a ledger of the cabins on the estate and saw that they were close to being all filled. Well, that created a new issue. They needed to build more housing.

"Ru," Angus said, "we might need to give up our room here in the main house for a bit. I can find housing for Nicky and his family because we have one three bedroom cabin left, but I don't have a place for Zoe. If we hire her, I might have to house her in our room in the main house at least temporarily because I need to get more housing built. But--if we have chefs that will handle the cooking, we probably won't need to be staying here overnight like we used to. Either that, or we'll have to invest in some small places in the village near here. We did that at one time, but then we sold all those off because we were building here on the grounds. I'll talk to Robert and Brian and see what they want to do for a long term solution."

The outdoor crew had some barracks style housing out near where the crops were, and that seemed to suit them very well, but that wasn't going to work for a single woman who was going to need to be closer to the main house. As the current cabins were, there was room for at least three more cabins on the other side of Yu's cabin. But if those were ever filled, there would need to be another row of them somewhere. And, if Nicky brought two little people, and with Abbey and with Caprice coming, they might well need a part time nanny here too.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22565
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:25 pm

Ruby smiled as Abby said she liked the soup " thank you Abby" she said smiling then she looked at Angus and nodded " that's okay" she said then listened to him talk about giving up the room they had at the main house " course, it's fine with me, we have the duplex after all and I wouldn't want any one put out." she continued to sit and knit only pausing when she felt the futtering from inside her each time Angus spoke " I think our daughter likes the sound of her father's voice" she said smiling as she felt the fluttering become a little more intense.

After a moment it faded and she breathed again smiling at Angus as her had rested on her tummy. "I'll dish up when the others arrive." Ruby said " but maybe another family cabin would work" she sugested.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:07 am

"Ralph might like me now, but wait until I have to take her broom away from her or ground her for not doing her chores or any of the rest of it," he cast her an amused smile. "Then she isn't going to like the sound of my voice quite so much. Everything will change."

Robert came inside and washed up from having been out in the barn, and he smelled the soup.

"God, that smells good," he said. "I didn't think I was hungry until I smelled that. i think the others are probably on their way in, you could serve up lunch any time. I'm going to go have a word with Angus for a moment." He went into Angus's office and closed the door for privacy.

"Angus, I'm going to have to assemble a team after lunch," Robert said quietly.

"What's up?" Angus asked.

"Michael went on a mission for me three days ago. He should have been back by morning, but it's now been three days, and not only have we not heard from him but neither has Daphne. He doesn't just drop off the grid like this, not unless he's in trouble."

"Agreed," Angus frowned. "Where was he headed?"

"Austria," Robert said. "He was meeting a contact there and retrieving some very rare old spell books--dark arts books that we were trying to keep out of Gelding's hands."

"Well, that puts you almost in Sergio's and Ana's backyard. Far closer to them than to our operatives in Paris."

"Yes," Robert said. "How are they in espionage?"

"Well, that's not their strong suit. I'm not saying they couldn't manage it, but they're far more the warrior type," Angus said. "You need Marcus for the espionage work. Ana adapts quickly, though, so she might be a good partner for him. or Edward. One or the other."

"I'll try to hold a staff briefing over lunch and see if anyone else is comfortable going to Austria undercover," Robert said.

"I have candidates for the chef jobs and the housekeeper job. Any problem interviewing them?"

"No, get them coming."

"We're short on housing, though."

"Yes, I know. Brian and I are having a blueprint drawn up for a small apartment building--if we house individuals and couples there, that would free up our cabins for families."

"Apartments? I hadn't thought about that."

"Well, this building would house about 8 rowhouse style flats, and they would be in the same log cabin style, so they would be rustic and they would fit in with everything else."

"Okay. How soon would they be built?"

"If we started soon, they might be finished by late January or February."

"Okay. That answers that problem. Good."

Robert left Angus's office and called everyone to lunch.

"Ruby, I need to do a small staff briefing, so if you need help getting lunch to the dining room, let me know," Robert said. "We have a situation that needs handled."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:15 am

Ruby heard Robert enter and smiled when he mentioned the soup. She watched as Angus and Robert spoke to each other then looked up from her knitting as Robert spoke to her "I'm good, it's just a ladle out job and the table needs just a few things " she said smiling " all right I'll have lunch ready for when you're done with the meeting" she said standing and moving to the kitchen to finish the souandnd set things to the dining table.

Jessie moved from Yu and headed to the main house " lunch should be ready " he said and Yu nodded following beside him as they walked and entered the house. " smells good Ruby" He said and Ruby just smiled at him as she picked up the bread basket and walked to the dining table. Once there she made the plates and cutlery set its self down ready to be used along with glasses and a jug of fruit juice.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:23 am

Kate heard Robert's summoning and knew this was not just a notice that lunch was ready. She shouted for Jack to go to the main building, knowing something was up. Edward and Simone recognized the difference too in Robert's tone, so they apparated over to the main building and went to the dining room. Kate went into the house and got out a pitcher of iced tea and one of ice water and set them out as alternatives to Ruby's pitcher of juice.

"I'm sorry to interrupt lunch," Robert told them all as they gathered, "but we have a situation. Where's Rowan? He should be here for this. This is important. One of our first stringers is missing. Michael went to Austria for me 3 days ago on what should have been just an overnight mission, and he hasn't returned. Nor have we heard from him. I need minimally a two person team to go to try to find him and bring him back. I will send Marcus as one person on the team, but to do that, I still need a partner for him. And I need someone to go and bodyguard Khaat at St. Mungos, stay with her this afternoon, and bring her home safely at the end of the workday. So, do I have anyone who either feels they can handle some espionage work or that will cover for Marcus at St. Mungos."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:33 am

Ruby saw the extra pitcher and was glad someone had thought of them, she had just finished blending the rest of the soup when Rowan walked in and over to the meeting just as Robert said that Michael was presumed missing. " I'm in," he said "If my father is missing I'm going to help," he said folding his arms across his chest.

Ruby looked up and shook her head knowing that would not get anywhere with Robert. "Rowan, best to leave that to Robert to decide, your too emotional and too close to Michael," she said to him as she finished placing down the lunch things.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:47 am

"Rowan," Robert said, "I am not discounting you, but I need someone that has espionage skills, at least enough that whoever I send isn't going to get him and themselves killed because of the lack of skills for the job. If I send you, you really will need to follow Marcus's lead...."

"Robert," Andrew said, seeing nobody was volunteering to help cover for Marcus. "I'll go step in for Marcus.'

"Thank you," Robert said. "We cannot risk James taking full advantage of this, and that would be exactly what he would do. If Jack ever shows up, I can send him to relieve you." Angus picked up immediately how tense Robert was. He wasn't making an intentional slam against Jack, but he didn't like it when one of his first stringers was missing--particularly someone he depended on as much as he depended on Michael. Andrew simply drew his wand and apparated out, going to St. Mungos.

It wasn't more than about five minutes, and Marcus and Brian arrived.

"Give me a moment to change," Marcus said. "Who's coming? We'll need casual, warm clothes. Jeans, maybe a sweatshirt and a jacket. It will be cold and damp."

"I'll go," Brian said.

"Fine," Robert said. He looked at Rowan, "if you can keep your cool and follow Marcus's, I'll send you with them. If not, then, I'll send Jack or Jessie."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:53 am

Rowan nodded " yes sir" he said as Jack walked in the door and over to thm " sorry mother needed tending for a while , shes stable " he said and looekd at Robert and Rowan " what I miss?" he asked Ruby looked at him.

"Michaels missing." she said and looked at Robert so he could resumb the meeting, She looked to Angus when he offered to take over for Marcus. " I'll cover a few more shifts in the kitchen so you don't have to worry." she offered to Angus hoping to take that worry off his shoulders for the moment.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:01 am

"I'll help you," Simone told Ruby.

"So will I," Kate said.

"Andrew went to cover Khaat at St. Mungo's," Angus said to Jack, "but I think it would be a prime time for James to try to show up to take her. Any chance you could go when its closer to time for her to come home and make sure she gets home without him stirring up some crap tonight?"

"Alright," Robert nodded to Rowan. "Go change into warmer clothes and get some mission gear. Gear up, Marcus and Brian. You three roll out as soon as you're all ready to go." Brian and Marcus nodded, and they turned and went upstairs to change before going down to the weapons locker.

"I can message Sergio and Ana for any help they can provide," Angus said.

"Do it," Robert said.

"Write your message, and I'll send it," Edward told Angus. "If Jack is tied up at 5 this evening, I'll go help Andrew bring Khaat home. James knows better than to try to screw around with me."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 28 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top