LONDON CALLING - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 3 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:27 pm

Rowan chuckled and nodded placing his hands in his pockets and letting his shoulders drop so he looked relaxed to any one looking at him. " all right" he said and followed them over to the opera house to meet sergio and Ana. He watched the interaction and smiled "good to meet you two, heard a lot about you" he said shaking Sergios hand and nodding to Ana. " Im Rowan, michaels son" he introduced himself .

Letting Marcus and Brian talk he listened when they said they had no clues wher they were but knew where to go. " okay where do I need to be?" he asked looking at them all as he waited for them to assign him to some one.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:07 am

"Nice to meet you, Rowan," Sergio said as he and Ana shook hands.

When Sergio and Ana had disappeared and Rowan asked where he was supposed to be, Brian simply said, "You're with us. Do you speak German, Rowan? Mine is a little rusty, I admit."

"Mine isn't," Marcus said. Too many years working in Bulgaria had him often traveling to German speaking countries, so his German was fluent. "You'll find a lot of people here speak English too, so we may not have a problem." They walked down through the little side streets to the habadashery, and, not seeing anyone outside in the street, they went in. The sole proprietor was a thin, older gentleman with perfectly styled salt and pepper hair and sporting a well trimmed mustache and beard was counting money in the cash register. He was wearing a very elegant, perfectly tailored suit, and he looked very well turned out indeed.

"One moment, Gentlemen," he said in a chipper tone. Brian remembered a phrase that Michael often used with some of his common contacts.

"I was told you could recommend some fine Italian cigarettes to me," Brian said to the man. The man froze for a moment, and he looked up at Brian, questioning how he had come to know one of Michael's code phrases. Brian passed him a very ordinary looking steel washer, the same kind that could be found at any hardware store. The man relaxed.

"Where do you come from?" The man chose his words carefully.

"I'm Robert's son in law, and these are my companions. They work for Robert too. You can speak freely in front of them. Have you seen Michael?"

"Four days ago," the man nodded, finishing his counting and shutting the cash drawer.

"Do you know if he got the book?"

"He disappeared, didn't he? He knew he was being followed," the man said. "He got the book but then he came back and said he was being followed. He left the book here. He said that either he would be back or I'd know what to do with it when the time came. He looked out the shop window and left out the back, and he hasn't been back. he's in trouble, isn't he?"

"Yes," Brian replied. "Any idea where he was staying?"

"No. He had left the usual places when he suspected someone was onto him. He said he was better on the move." Marcus nodded. Clearly Michael was trying to elude the people following him before he chanced coming back for the book but what Marcus didn't understand was why. Why hadn't he just gotten the book and ported home?

"Did he tell you anything?" Brian asked.

"Said he had to find a potions maker if he could," the man said. "I asked him why, and he said he'd been doublecrossed at a restaurant earlier that evening and said someone had slipped a potion into his drink at dinner that had blocked all his magic. He couldn't get home. He had to find a potions maker to try to get the remedy so that he could come back, get the book and get home."

"And did you give him the address of a potions maker?"

"I gave him the name of a potions maker, but I also told him I didn't know if he could be trusted. The potions maker Robert knew and had connections with here was murdered last week, and his shop is closed at least for now. So I gave him the name of another one several streets away. It's the closest one now. He was going to try to make his way there without being caught. That's the last I heard from him or saw him."

"And where is the book?"

"I'm afraid all I have are muggle cigarettes," the clerk responded, a little icier now. He had returned to a code phrase, to try to determine if Brian was worthy.

"I'd rather smoke stable straw," Marcus responded, remembering hearing these code phrases in some of Robert's most sensitive espionage briefings. The man seemed immensely relieved. He opened the cash drawer and got out a book of matches and handed the matches to Brian. Brian opened the matches and found a little key.

"Try the tobacconist down the block. The one on the left," the clerk said intentionally. "He keeps a tight watch on the Italian cigarettes." Marcus nodded, understanding. The key went to some sort of a lock at the tobacconist's. Marcus looked out the window.

"Company outside," he said quietly.

"I think I should be measured for a dress shirt," Brian said to the clerk, wanting to find a way to protect the clerk. Brian went through the motions of being measured for a dress shirt, and he picked out several sorts of Egyptian cotton and so that whoever was watching could see through the shop windows that Brian was measured and was picking fabrics for some shirts. Brian chose five fabrics and paid for the shirts in advance. While that was going on, Marcus stepped out of view and cast several protection spells over the shop, for which the clerk was deeply relieved. With the business settled, Marcus and Brian felt it was alright to leave the shop.

"Let's go. We'll go the other way for now and see if we can't lose them," Marcus told Brian and Rowan before they left. The tobacconist is on the left, so, for now, we'll go right." Brian nodded, and Brian led the way out of the shop.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22551
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:20 am

Rowan smiled at Sergio and Ana then nodded to Brain "natürlich mache ich das(of course I do)" he said and looked at Marcus who said he could speack german too. Following Brian and Marcus to the habadashery where on entering he stayed slightly back leaving Brian and Marcus to do the talking. then he saw the clerk hand, Brian, a matchbox with a small key inside. He also saw movement outside out the corner of his eye and touched Marcus's arm gently knowing he knew this said he'd seen something. It was now he heard Brian use a code phrase.

Rowan sat down when Brian went to be mesured he pulled out a paper and watched carefully the slight movements. Once Brian was done and holding some shirts he folowed both of thm out and noded at Marcus's words and he stuck beside them as they turned away from the tobacconist they needed to get to.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:49 am

They went down the street to a cafe, and Marcus led them inside. He found them a table that was far enough from most people to allow them to talk of they were quiet about it. Marcus ordered Viennese coffee for all three of them.

"Our contact moved the book, clearly," Marcus said quietly. "He realized it was far too dangerous to keep in his shop, so he moved it, probably to the tobaconnist's. A key this tiny probably either was resized or it opens a very tiny lock. So I'm betting the book has been resized. I say we go get the book and then check out the Palais Coburg hotel to see if Michael was staying there. If we have the book, then if we need it for bargaining power, we have something. I'd prefer not to have to use it, but when we find Michael, we may not have the liberty of time to go back to get the book...."

As he was speaking, Brian felt his medallion vibrate. Sergio and Ana. They had something. Brian returned a signal to them, and in a moment, Sergio and Ana came in from the back door of the cafe and came up and joined them ordering two more coffees.

"Did you find anything?" Sergio asked.

"Yes. We have a good lead on the book," Brian said. "You?"

"Yes. He had clearly been to the flat before he disappeared," Sergio replied. "He'd gotten some fresh groceries and had cooked a meal. There were some leftovers in the fridge and clean dishes in the dish drainer. There were some cigarette butts and some ashes in an ashtray, Michael's brand. One change of clothes in the hamper and his go-bag in the closet. Looks like he traveled light."

"Any sign of any potions bottles of any kind?" Marcus asked.

"No. Should there have been?" Ana asked.

"Then that means he probably was unable to get out to get home because his magic was purposely blocked," Marcus said. "Gelding knew Robert would send someone for the book and when they saw Michael, they did their best to try to keep Michael from going home, hoping he would lead them to the book. But Michael sabotaged their plans by ditching the book. That probably has worked in his favor."

"They can't kill him until they find out where he hid the book," Sergio nodded.

"Exactly," Brian agreed.

"So where does Gelding operate from when he's here?" Ana asked. "Because that's where we'll find him."

"He hasn't had any activity that we know of here in years," Brian said. "I don't know where his base is here anymore."

"But Angus would know," Marcus said. "We need Angus." Brian nodded. "Is there a floo at the flat?" He looked at Ana.

"Yes," Ana nodded. She looked at Rowan. "Let's go open the floo and see if we can't get an address from Angus on where Gelding operates from here."

"And we'll go get the book and meet you back here shortly," Sergio said. "It's a good plan."

"In the back alley," Ana said. Sergio nodded.

"Drink at least some of your coffees or you'll look suspicious," Marcus said very calmly. "We don't dare look obvious or we risk Michael."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:58 am

Rowan sat and listened to Marcus talking then he saw Sergio and Ana join them and explain what they had found he sipped his coffee and tried to focus his mind to keep on the mission as a mission and not a find his father scenario. He listened to them describe the flat and how he'd eaten and changed clothes. He could not help but smile as Brian told them to drink their coffee so as not to look suspicious. Hearing Marcus he nodded " sure lets go" he said.

Rowan moved with Marcus carefully out the back of the cafe and over to the flat where he saw th floo, lighting it he called out " Angus, you there?" he asked into the green glowing flame hoping he was with in ear shot so would respond fairly quick. " Angus we need your info?" he said again.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:26 am

"One moment," Edward's face came into view. "You do realize that Angus' office is a distance from the living room, remember? You're going to have to give him a little. I'll get him."

It took Edward a moment to get to Angus and to get him in the wheelchair through the house and into the living room.

"What's up?" Angus asked.

"Salut, iubirea mea," Ana spoke into the floo. Angus laughed. Her use, in Romanian, of the term 'my love,' was only a casual greeting between old friends and had no romantic intent, and they both knew it.

"What do you need?" he asked.

"Does Gelding have any current operations location here?" she asked.

"Yes," Angus replied. "He actually has done some sort of long term lease on a castle there. I can give you a location, but may not be easy to get to."

"Is it ever?" she laughed. He gave her exact coordinates and gave her a basic layout of the castle. He sent Edward into his office and Edward returned with a floor plan of the castle. Angus and Edward saw there was a dungeon and cells below the castle, and they gave them exactly locations of corridors to the cells and all entrances the castle and to the cellar. Angus cautioned them to be sure to look for any protective grids before they tried to enter the are or the castle or any parts of the dungeon. Edward believed that, in order to avoid Gelding's men trying to follow, they would be wise to try to get off of the castle grounds before they tried to port home, especially since Gelding seemed to have some alliances still with some dark arts practitioners. He believed they might have developed some sort of tracing spells, but the most likely would not extend beyond castle grounds. Edward believed that if some associate of Gelding's was looking for a dark book of this level, then they should take absolutely no chances. One of them might well have very advanced skills.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:39 pm

Rowan stood listening to Edward as he said he would fetch Angus for them. he looked around as Ana spoke to Angus. He knew they knew each other very well and was not surpsed she greeted him so informally. When the started to talk he kept an eye out around them he staid beside the main door listening to any foot steps of out of place noises.

Once Angus had done his welcomes Rowan moved to stand with Ana and listened to what Angus had to say then looked to Marcus as he spoke softly to him " you think if Micahels been caught they would take him there?" he asked hopeing he was not caught yet as everything pointed to him not being caught yet.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:59 pm

As Angus was giving exact coordinates of the castle, Sergio pulled a map out of his jacket pocket, spread it out, and, following the coordinates, he marked the precise location on the map. Marcus was glad that Sergio's map had not only cities and routes but also had topography on it because it gave him a better lay of the land and helped him understand quickly what they might run into going into this castle. It appeared that the castle was built into the side of a mountain. That made sense.

That meant that the cellar would most likely have a rather sizeable maze of rooms--some would be for root cellar, some for wine, some for perhaps weapons--an armory. Some castles had medieval kitchens in the basement. And then, of course, there were dungeons and possibly torture chambers, catacombs with grave vaults, and any number of other things. A wizard's castle might also have potions labs, and divination rooms, and all sorts of other odd places that a muggle castle would not necessarily have. Marcus had absolutely no intention of telling Rowan that finding Michael in a castle might well take time. Marcus had been in enough of these places in his work through the years, especially in all the years he had spent in Bulgaria, that he had no concerns for getting in. The concern might be in finding Michael, and, if Michael were hurt, in getting him out before they all got caught.

"I'm banking on it," Marcus nodded, replying to Rowan, still studying the map.

"You lot be careful," Edward spoke up. "I have heard of this castle before in some of my connections with some of the locals that live near Sergio and Ana. The tale is connected to some of the local vampire lore. Supposedly one of the Romanian vampire families had some domination over that castle for awhile, and there is all sorts of legends and stories about dark dealings there and possibly hauntings."

"Every self respecting castle has it's ghost stories, Edward," Sergio replied dryly, not taking the legends seriously. "Some of them are manufactured or inflated to capture the tourists' imagination. I put no stock into them. Still, we will be careful though."

"Spooky castle, legends of vampires and ghosts, dark arts practitioners, Thomas Gelding...Perfect," Sergio said sarcastically.

"Sounds like fun," Ana laughed, trying to lighten it all a bit.

"Watch each other's backs, and let us know if you need anything," Angus said.

"Thanks, Angus," Marcus closed the floo. "Alright. So, the next item of business--the tobacconist. We have to try to get the book before we go for Michael. And, Rowan, as much as we're here to get Michael out, we have to be careful. There is risk to going into Gelding's operation, of course, but going into a medieval castle has hazards all its own. Now, with both those elements combined, the risk has just doubled for us. so we have to slow down enough to be very careful and methodical. Do not let your desperation to get him back push you into making a mistake by being emotional about it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:11 pm

Rowan heard Angus and Marcus talking he moved to hold the map edges down as he listened, he understood the difficulties of manoeuvring around a castle and he just sighed When Marcus spoke to him he listened and nodded " I understand completly, it best to do it slowly and right with all the recon done, than to rush in and make a huge mistake" he said. Understanding that even as much as he wanted Michael back he had to think of this as an operation to retrieve some one unknown and not his father, his emotions could not factor into this operation. " so tobaconist first then the castle , but shouldn't we make sure whom ever was folowing has gone, I've not seen anything out of the ordinary for some time." he said " but tht dosn't say hes or they have left, right" he looked at Marcus.

Looking at Sergio he spoke again " is there a back way out of here ?" he asked " we could take a difrent way out so to throw them off" he added hping it had a celler or something with a side door they could use.

Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:36 pm

"I've been watching the front while you lot have been talking with Angus," Brian said. "We're clear out front so far."

"And I've been checking the back," Sergio said. "I don't see a soul. Obviously, we'd take another look before we'd go out any door, but we can't stay here all day either. We have to take a chance." Sergio put out all remaining traces of the floo. "We'll meet you a street over from the tobacconist so we can have your back once you leave there." Marcus nodded.

"Let's go," Marcus said Rowan, go with Sergio and Ana to make sure Brian and I are safe in leaving the tobacconist. We'll grab the book and slip out the back of the shop. Our odds of not being ambushed are a lot higher the three of you have the back covered."

Marcus led the way out to the street. There were very few people in this neighborhood and nobody even looked their way. Sergio looked at Ana and Rowan and gave them a very subtle cue to come with him, and he headed in the opposite direction away from Marcus and Brian to try to draw any attention to them and away from Marcus and Brian.

The tobacco shop was old and had been here forever. The heady smell of tobacco was welcoming to Marcus, and he could understand why Michael liked it. Brian had been here before, so he knew his way around the little shop. He opened the match book and pulled the little key out from behind the matches. He showed it to the shopkeeper who disappeared for a moment, and then returned with a brown paper envelope without saying a word. Brian opened the enveloped and looked inside. There, resting securely in the envelope, was a tiny, shrunken book. Brian knew at once that Michael had shrunken the book in order to help make it easier to get the book out of Austria and get it home. Brian folded the envelope and tucked it into his pocket. Marcus bought a pack of cigarettes to avoid looking empty handed, and they left the shop by the back way, with Marcus tucking the cigarettes into his pocket. He spotted Rowan, Ana and Sergio and he gave them a subtle nod. It was time to go.

Sergio and Ana looked to make sure there was no one around before they walked up to Marcus and Brian.

"I think I can apparate us right there to where we're going," Sergio said. "It is our neck of the woods, after all."

"By all means, then," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top