LONDON CALLING - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 5 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 5 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:13 am

Rowan nodded and glanced back seeing the flames licking from inside the doorway they ahd been in not long ago " nice , I have to remember that move" Rowan said with a chuckle as he ran with them over to the woods. Waiting with them he looked back at the castle and heard shouting he could not help chuckle at the chaos Marcus had caused.

Soon they were back at the main house only now did he relax and glance to th ktchen where he saw Ruby making coffee for every one and backing several quiches they could eat as a snack before supper. Ruby walked over and palced down two plates with pre cut quiches on it. " okay guys help your self if your hungry theres fresh tea and coffee." she looked at Sergio and Ana " its good to see you again" she said and walked over to Ana and hugged her hoping she#d notice the bump she had .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:34 am

"Thanks, Ruby," Brian said. He and Marcus and Sergio each took a slice of quiche and put it on a plate and then poured themselves some coffee.

"It's good to see you too,' Ana said. "Brian invited us here for a bite to eat after our mission, and Sergio never passes up an opportunity for food. Besides our children would be disappointed if we got back earlier than they want us back. They enjoy having their grandparents spoil them from time to time--as it should be. Angus told Sergio about your news, and of course Sergio told me.. Congratulations."

Michael went up and showered, and Robert put the envelope with the book upstairs and locked it in his workroom until he could take it over to the farm and secure it properly. Michael changed into old comfortable jeans, a casual polo, and a cardigan. He just wanted to be warm and comfortable after all those days in the cold.

Robert took a dose of a potion from his upstairs workroom and took it downstairs and poured it into a mug and poured some hot tea into the mug and then swirled it. It was a harmless potion to help Michael ward off any type of cold or illness after being kept in the cold for days. It would also give him just a little bit of a temporary energy boost, as a side effect. When Michael came back downstairs, Robert handed it to him.

"Here. Drink that. You'll feel better,' Robert told him quietly.

"Does it taste like stable straw?" Michael asked skeptically

"Eaten stable straw lately, have you?" Robert teased. Michael rolled his eyes at Robert, took a sip, shrugged, not feeling it was that palatable, but not that revolting either
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22298
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:45 am

Ruby smiled at Ana and nodded " we know what she is, its agirl" she said softly to her as she saw Michael come back down from changing his clothes. Listening to him as he drank his tea she chuckled as did Rowan who drank some coffee and ate some of the queche.

"okay I got to get back on patrol, dad good to have you back home" he said smiling and then headed for the back door. Ruby chuckled and shook her head.

" Ana did you have days when your mind was all over the place when you were pregnant?" Ruby asked Ana feeling shince she was a mother herself and close to her own age she could gve her some advice.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:56 pm

"Thank you," Michael said, glad to be home.

"Get a slice of that quiche," Robert told Michael quietly.

"I will," Michael said, "but right now, I just want to go out, enjoy some fresh air, drink my tea and smoke a cigarette. I haven't had a cigarette for four damn days. I think I'm entitled."

"You are indeed. Mind if I come along?"

"Not at all. Suit yourself," Michael said, tired of isolation. Michael went outside, sat down on the back porch, even though it was a bit chilly, and he lit up a cigarette. Robert poured himself some coffee and went out with Michael and bummed a cigarette from Michael and lit it.

"God, its good to have you back," Robert told him. "Clever move, that, shrinking the book."

"Well, they weren't looking for something that small, so I figured they might overlook tiny hiding places."

"And bizarre ones, like envelopes. Brilliant, my friend."

"Thank you. And thank you for not leaving me there."

"You wouldn't have left me either."

"Well, true," Michael exhaled, blowing smoke rings into the air.

"Well, good for you," Ana said to Ruby. "I'm sure you'll both be great parents." She listened to Ruby asking about thinking during pregnancy. "I had a little bit of that during the first part of my first pregnancy, but it evened out through the second trimester. The bigger issue was the huge toll that my attitude about pregnancy took on the two of us, and I didn't even realize it was happening until Sergio and I had the biggest fight we ever had. Sergio actually moved out for awhile. Eventually, we talked, and he finally told me how nuts I was making him without even realizing it. It wasn't just the brain fog. It was that I rarely talked about anything else but being pregnant, not feeling well, feeling tired, things I couldn't eat, things I wanted to eat, this part ached, that part was swollen... The constant complaining and the things I just quit doing because I didn't feel well. I was dumping on him in a million ways, and it just plain drove him away. None of it made me feel one ounce better, and the constant negativity really affected him badly."

Angus got out some pieces of chicken and oiled them with good olive oil, and put them on a couple sheet pans with smoked paprika, rosemary and garlic. Then Andrew helped him fix a couple more sheet pans with some root vegetables--onions, carrots, potatoes, parsnips, sweet potatoes and rutabagas. Angus tossed them with olive oil, more garlic, smoked paprika, and rosemary, and he tossed them in the oven as well. He made some sheets of dark chocolate shortbread cookies with chocolate chips for dessert and added them to a second oven. It was simple fare, but he was sure it would taste good.

"Go spend some time with Sergio," Andrew told Angus. "I know you don't get to see him very often. I can get this stuff out of the oven and set up the dining room for supper when its ready."

"Thanks," Angus said, grabbing a couple bottles of beer. Sergio was only too glad to help Angus outside and into his outdoor chair so they could go a distance from the house for some privacy. They chose to go down by the pond.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:35 pm

Ruby listened to Ana and understood how she'd been feeling and acting was normal but she also learned that not to put too much on Angus ether when she got bigger. " I understand, Im trying not to think about it too much, but I do get the feeling that it maybe becoming a bit too much for Angus. my talking about it though, ive tried to stay away from the baby subject and more to ther things , mostly becuse I know what wil happen when she is born, I'll never get ant time with her." she said and chuckled " but I get what your saying, spens time and talk about adult things more so becuse we wont have the time once she's born right." she said smiling.

Rwan walked around the perimiter he was happy his father was home and now he was feeling the lack of adrenalin his hand shook slightly but he brushed it off and continued seeing Yu and Jessie just up ahead. " you two seem happy together?" he said and Yu smiled and nodded.

"we are..enjoying the day" Yu said and they continued to walk on the patrol. Looking over he saw Michael standing with Robert and smiled as he continued to walk.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:55 pm

"Well," Ana said, "that, and he can't do anything really about all the symptoms anyway. It isn't as though he doesn't care. I'm sure he does. it wouldn't be in his nature not to care, but, consider this. Ultimately, he knows that, biologically, the reasons you feel the way you do all starts with him. It is completely understandable and, I think, normal for some guys to feel guilty for their partner feeling sick for months on end. I know of some guys that absolutely won't have any part of having a second child because of how miserable their partners felt with the first one. If he thinks he is the cause of your being completely miserable, 100% of the time, for the better part of a year, he might not be very quick to want to expand your family. No matter how much he might be in favor of another baby, he might not want either of you to have to deal with what he thinks you'll have to go through to get there. For Sergio and me, I had to show him that I really did have good days. I did have things that I really treasured in those months, and I wanted him to know that we were partners in this whole thing and that, no matter how important our children were to us, my life with him was the most important thing in my life. I mean, your children are going to head off to Hogwarts at age 11, and they never really do live, full time, at home again. My life before, during, and after our children are underage, is with Sergio, and I don't want him to ever forget it or regret it. Does that make any sense?"

Robert and Michael sat on the porch and talked, and Angus and Sergio sat down by the pond, drank a beer, and talked about fatherhood, babies, partners, and about dealing with a lot of change in a very short timespan. Sergio had been through a lot of what Angus was struggling with, and he listened, and supported him, and gave him a lot of reassurance, along with an open invitation to come to Romania to hunt and fish and to get some sort of grounding that he was no less a man, no less a capable partner and father even if he had some temporary mobility challenges.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:06 am

Ruby smiled and nodded to Ana as she listened to her talking " Ana you have set my mind at ease thank you" she said poring more tea. " oh Yu brought some tea , from china its a traditional one" she said moving to the kitchen and putting the kettle on to start brewing the tea " its called Chun Mee it has a plum-like flavor, you want to try it?" she asked then sat back down again " at Angus's sugestion I started knitting a blanket for our daughter, it keeps my mind ocupied." she said chukaling as she took out the two inch peice of knitting." she had realised that cherishing the time with Angus was important in the hear and now rather than spending it worrying about things she could not control. It was now Fin woke and padded over " oh and this is finn our newest meber of the family, the boys love him and well I have to admit so do I" she rubbed behind his ear and smiled as Finn padded to the back door " all right, please excuse me hes wanting out" she said and stood up to walk to the door.

Opening it she chuckled and looekd at the men " sorry guys Finn wanted out" she said and smiled at Angus but she stopped moving to him she tok his hand and placed it on her tummy " shes moving again" she said smiling at him " Im brewing that tea Yu brought, the Chun Mee tea, would you like some?" she asked
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:27 am

"That sounds nice," Ana replied, reaching down to pet Finn. She remembered how the teenaged girl, Fiona, had had a dog she was concerned about the night they had the last raid in Paris that Ana and Sergio had participated in. She took it for granted that this was likely the dog.

"Ruby, Angus's...mobility issues," Ana said. "I've know Angus since we were children. I can't imagine that this doesn't haunt him. I don't want to invite ourselves here. That isn't what I'm suggesting, but perhaps he could use just a couple days with Sergio so that he can learn and experience that there are things that he has always enjoyed that he can still do--maybe some hunting and some fishing. Sometimes the best thing for a man who is feeling like he is less than he wants to be is to be with one of his mates for a day or so to re-center himself and get some of his own back. Sergio and I live in and manage a waystation that we inherited from my parents. It's like a hostel for magical folk, but we have a lot of land. Sergio has a bit of a hunting camp back towards the rear of our land. It's lovely this time of year back there. Maybe a weekend there with Sergio would do him good before the deep snows come. Maybe it would give you a weekend to have some girl time with some of your mates. I don't know. Those sorts of weekends always seem to benefit Sergio and me. Just give it some thought."

"That would be fine, thanks," Angus told Ruby. "I'm sure supper is probably going to be ready in a few minutes. Andrew said he'd get it out of the oven for me, but I probably should give him a hand in setting up the dining room and setting out the chicken and the vegetables and the shortbread cookies for dessert."

"Cookies?" Sergio looked at Angus with a grin.

"Yeah. Double chocolate shortbread, and I was going to serve it with ice cream," Angus said.

"I'm suddenly feeling very hungry," Sergio teased. Angus knew it was only half teasing because Sergio could eat just about any time.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:37 am

Ruby looked at Ana and nodded " I don't have a problem if he wants to go for a weekend, as for female friends I only have Kate, Simone and Khaat, I never made friends that easily before coming here, trust issues from my parents I guess" she said " but sure, it sounds perfect for him if he wants to go" she smiled at Ana " besides like I have said unlike how my brother was, I trust both of you" she said.

Hearing Angus asks for some of the tea she made some and let it sit for a moment before pouring out several cups and handing them out. Now she smiled " Angus, why don't you go back with Sergio and Ana and spend a weekend?" she said " Take some time for yourself, I'll be okay here," she told him as she placed his cup next to him then called Finn back in she looked to Sergio and smiled " please take him for a week end. " she teased chukaling as she headed inside " I'll get it and help Andrew" she told him kissing his cheek as she ehaded back in and over to the kitchen to remove the food rom the oven and sst it on the side ready to be dished up.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:44 am

"Maybe," Angus said, "but we do have the matter of the Halloween carnival tomorrow."

"Halloween carnival?" Sergio asked.

"Should be fun. Everyone has to wear a costume to get in, but there there are all sorts of pumpkin foods to eat, carnival games, fortune tellers, a genuine haunted house, some sort of sculpture made with giant pumpkins, a costsume contest, a pumpkin pasty eating contest..."

"What's a pasty?" Sergio asked.

"Think scovarda. Same thing."

"Oh! I would win that!" Sergio's face lit up.

"Depends if Jack enters."

"I don't care who this Jack is. I would beat him," Sergio laughed.

"So, go get the kids, come back, and come with us tomorrow."

"Oh, we couldn't...."

"Yes, you could. Edward has two guest rooms, and we have two. There's plenty of room."

"Are you serious?"

"You don't have any objections of they would stay a night or two to go to the carnival with us, do you, Ru?" Angus asked. "Their kids would have a great time, and our boys would love them."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top