LONDON CALLING - Page 20
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 20 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 20 of 100 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 60 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 20 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:39 pm

"Thanks, Jessie," Angus said. "Alright, you two. Do try to get onto your studies when you finish the dishes so you don't give Ruby something else to spazz about." He flashed them a bit of an amused smile, and they laughed. Angus got the feeling both boys were relaxing and starting to feel at home here.

"Angus?" Sam asked.

"Yeah?"

"When we finish with the homework, can Sam and I go down to the cellar and go through our things and throw out what we don't want?"

"Of course. It's your stuff."

"Is there more stuff at the house?"

"There's all kinds of stuff at the house."

"I think we both think we can help you with that. You are going to sell that thing, aren't you?"

"Yeah, once its cleaned out and fixed up. Your folks didn't do much to keep it up. It needs some repairs before we could sell it."

"Did you find all the hidden little stashes Dad had?"

"Hidden stashes?"

"The place is swiss cheesed with them," Victor said. "Dad started making hidden places between the walls and taking out the insulation and hiding stuff in the walls. I think Sam and I know where most of the places are, though. And there's a tunnel that goes from the house to the garage. I've always thought there's one beneath the garage that goes out somewhere but I haven't been able to find it."

"Your dad had a lot to hide, and, in the work he did, he had a lot to be afraid of too," Angus said. "Anyone who did the kind of work he did would be a complete fool if he hadn't learned to look over his shoulder constantly."

"We'll go there together when its safe to do that," Angus told them.

Robert had sent some owls out, and he received a message. the Chief Warlock had agreed to meet with Robert and Angus in an hour. That didn't give him much time. He sent a paper bird to Angus, and he sent for Marcus and decided to take Khaat, since she was Chief Warlock herself at one time and one of Lee's men as another guard. He left Andrew with the boys at the duplex. When Angus got the message from Robert, he had Andrew take him upstairs and help him into a camel colored suit that was sharply tailored. He didnt need to look intimidating. He needed to look like a man of means and of good intentions. Marcus apparated over early, and he helped to do some additional fine tailoring touches.

Robert came downstairs, dressed as if he were going to London like any other day and carrying a messenger bag on his shoulder.

"Alright, Khaat and I are going out to a meeting," Robert said. "Marcus is coming, of course, and apparently Angus has a meeting with the attorney at the same time, so I'll drop him on the way. I'm sending one of Lee's guys with Angus to help him so Khaat can have Marcus with her. If we're done at the same time, we'll come back together. Hopefully before lunch is over because I'm hungry already. If we're late, save me some, would you?" Well some of that was true, and some of it was a bit sketchy on truth, but the gist of it was there.

Robert went next door to pick up Angus and Marcus, and Lee's extra man met them there as well. The five of them apparated to the Ministry offices and up to the Department of Law Enforcement and to the office of the Chief Warlock. Angus's attorney was already there, waiting. Angus, for all his usual calm demeanor, was a bit nervous wondering what they would do if they were turned down.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:48 pm

Ruby saw Robert walk down dressed up and heard him nodding " all right I'll make dinner for those left," she said as Rowan dropped a spoon " if it doesn't end up on the floor," she said with a sigh seeing Rowan pick up the spoon and look sheepish at her " he's learning slowly...I do mean slowly," she said taking the spoon and putting it in the sink. She watched as Robert headed to the duplex and saw tehm leave " all right dinner."

"it took a while but dinner was ready , it was simple sandwiches and scones she had made with fresh whipped cream and jam. Simple but filling." I'll lay the table you set half the sandwiches on the plater in the middle along with the scones out on the patio table" she said and saw the look of confushion on his fce " oh right, deck table" she watched him take the food as she walked over to the duplex " hey guys how about joining us on the patio at the main house for dinner while Angus is away" she said smiling and hoping they would.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:10 pm

"Awesome! I'm starving," Victor said, "I'm having thirds--whatever it is."

"Dude, you don't even know what it is," Sam looked at him.

"Don't care," Victor said.

"Poor little bone thin, starving urchins," Andrew teased. They laughed out loud. Andrew brought Victor over in his all terrain chair, and Sam walked with them.

"Looks good, Ruby," Sam said. He looked at Victor. "Don't be a pig, would you?"

The meeting at the wizengamot went long. What they were asking for was the exception to every rule. Robert laid out definitive proof of decades of every sort and level or crime committed by Gelding and every bit of intelligence they knew about Suzanne, Reginald and their countless crimes, including the aurors' current investigations about the number of 'things' they had indeed found buried in the basement that predated Angus' purchase of the house. Robert also had absolute proof that Gelding had hired James Blood, and he had the identities of several of the dark wizards that had previously worked for Gelding and some that were now working for him. Robert produced evidence of what they had found in the catacombs near the hunting lodge in France. He also had a copy of the French marriage license of Suzanne's marriage to Gelding. He brought everything he had, and he and Angus's attorney fought long and hard to get the court to sever the relationship permanently between the boys and Gelding. And then the chief warlock asked what would happen to the boys if he did allow the relationship to be severed.

"I want them," Angus said quietly and calmly. "My fiancee is their older sister, and she and I are already their guardians. We want to adopt them, absolutely." Then they started to look into Angus and his character and his financial abilities, assets, all of it. Angus was able to demonstrate, of course, that he was related to "that" Donohue, and that there was more than enough money and assets to take care of the boys and any need they might have.

The chief warlock was reluctant to act so quickly, since it was against all the known rules and statutes and timelines, but Angus's attorney had found one tiny little loophole that he was able to use to push it all ahead, regardless of the timelines.

The chief warlock got out an adoption petition form, filled it out, and told Angus that he should bring it back when he and Ruby had signed it. Once the chief warlock had the form, he agreed to interview the boys to make sure this was what they wanted. If they were agreeable, he agreed proceed with granting the adoption decree. Angus was absolutely elated. He wanted to rush back, gather the boys, shove the form under Ruby's nose and then whisk back with the boys and the form to get the job done.

The attorney left them to go get lunch but he knew that Angus would absolutely be back. Robert took Angus and Marcus and Lee's man back to the main building and to the kitchen so that Angus could talk with Ruby.

Angus wa

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:22 pm

Ruby sat with Sam, Victor, Michael and Rowan as they. When she was done she then moved to read a book in the living room area while keeping an eye on Sam and Victor while they did their school work as she cleared the table of plates and set the dishwasher going. . She smiled seeing them all return safely to the duplex " all sorted with your meeting?" she asked " I saved some dinner for you, it's not much" she said and placed the tray down with the sandwichs, cream, jam and scones for Angus, Robert and Edward.

She saw the official-looking paperwork and frowned a little " Everything okay?" she asked looking at Angus then Edward for awnsers. She took a deep breath and reamind calm knowing it probably was nothing to do with her or they would have told her about it. " boys are doing their school work and had a filling dinner." she said
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:37 pm

"Thank you, Ruby," Robert said as he tucked into his lunch.

"I'll get into mine in a moment," Angus told her. "So you know, you mom has been up to some tricks. I think she and Tom took me for an idiot, but I think I have them, Ru. They tried to do a dirty trick, and I think they really hoped I wouldn't get word of it. However, not only did I get word of it, but I've spent today so far undoing them. I didn't tell you earlier this morning because I didn't want to frighten you unnecessarily. I really think I have this under control now.

"So here's what happened. I got a notice that 'Mr. and Mrs. Gelding were suing me, specifically, for permanent custody of Sam and Victor, and I'm not having it. So, I talked with Sam and Victor and Jessie and Robert and Edward, and Robert made an appointment for me at the Wizengamot. We went together, and that's where we've been for the last couple hours. Ru, nobody's gonna touch those boys. I give you my word. They are absolutely not going to Gelding. That's just not going to happen. So, not only did I file for permanent custody, but I've told the Chief Warlock I want to adopt them. If they're ours, permanently, nothing under heaven can give Tom Gelding or your mother any ability to touch them while they're still under age. It shuts Tom and Suzanne down forever where Sam and Victor are concerned. I know its a bit sudden, but, we've already got the boys as it is. This just makes it irrevocable. If you're good with it, you need to sign the adoption petition, and I'll take it straight back to the Wizengamot yet today."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:46 pm

Ruby sat and listened to Angus as he talked about what he'd done that day when he spoke of her mother causing more problems she wanted to say that she wanted to go and kick her mother across the water for the trouble she had caused, but as he spoke more she breathed out. " you have the papers ?" she asked and stood up to find a pen in one of the draws. Taking it she tok off the lid " I'll sign it now to keep those boys from that ...witch." she said sitting down in front of him.

With the papers signed by her she put the top back on the pen " now do what you must, just so you know they don't have to call me mom as Im not , Im their sister and ...well it would be weird." she said with a chuckle " but how do you feel becoming a dad to those two?" she asked " even if it's only till they turn eighteen."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:00 pm

"I'm good with it," he told her. "And I told them so. I'd much rather them be with us than with anyone else, and I really think that's what they want too. They asked me what to call us, and I told them it was their choice. My thought is that whatever they feel they want to call either of us, I'm good with it. If they call us Mom and Dad. If that's what helps them belong, I'm fine with it. You know, that makes them Donohues. Edward's fine with it. It was actually his suggestion.

"If I could hazard a guess, I think what probably happened is that Suzanne complained to Gelding that I didn't respond to her letter about having coffee to discuss her visiting the boys, and Gelding saw an opportunity to try to put the screws to us a little if he could swipe the boys. Unfortunately for him, I'm not going to give him or her a chance. So far as I'm concerned, she just ended her relationship with them for good." Angus signed the form as well and put the paperwork back in his pocket.

"Tuck into your lunch now, Angus," Robert told him. "You still need the nutrition, and the chief warlock will be at lunch for at least another thirty minutes. Once we're finished eating, we'll go back. Oh, and don't forget. The boys need to go with us so that the chief warlock can talk to the boys for a moment to make sure that this is really alright with them, even though that's just a formality at this point. Ruby, would you be so kind as to send a paper bird over and ask Andrew to have the boys change into their suits and then join us over here in thirty minutes please? You're welcome to go if you want, but I don't think it's necessary. I think that an hour from now, you're both going to be Mom and Dad parents to two teenaged Donohue boys."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:11 pm

Ruby listened to Angus then Robert and nodded writing anote she sent it over then looked to Robert " I would like to go, even just to show solidarity and unity as a family." she said. She could not help but smile at that thought . " well I did help raise them when they were babys, but this is different, way different, what do you say Angus" she said chukaling. She knew it would most likely be pomp and ceramony but she wanted to be there to se it for herself, plus if he had any questions for her she could awnser. Not that there would be any as it was Sam and Victors day. 

"but if you want me to stay here " she took a deep breath in " I remember my last aperation, turned my stomach a little." she sat down to look at them both " I can always stay busy by making supper." she knew thinking about it she would be best to just stay home, but she also felt a little left out of the most important moment of the boys life, but acepted it as well knowing too may people would cause her mother to snap again and do something foolish too.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:26 pm

"I think you should go if you want to go," Angus told her. "In a much larger picture, it isn't just about the boys. It's about you and me and the boys and Simone and Edward and Jessie and everyone else here. If we're a family like we keep saying we are, then this big, weird family is going to get 2 more little weirdos in it, and I think they'll fit in just fine. As far as I'm concerned, if Jessie and Edward and Simone want to go, they should.

"Ruby, this isn't anything like your last mission. We're not going to be hunting dead bodies. This isn't anything like it. This is about turning paperwork in at the court and getting a judgment order in our hands that protects the boys. the boys might appreciate seeing that you support this because it protects them. You can't shy away from everything. If you want to go, then go get changed into something appropriate, and be ready to go."

Marcus took it upon himself to send paper birds to Edward, Jessie, and Andrew to be ready and at the main house kitchen in 30 minutes if they were going to go. Edward sent a reply back at once saying he and Simone were absolutely not missing the chance to see two great grandsons being added to the family. They were coming.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:39 pm

Ruby d at Robert and smiled then moved to Angus and hugged him. " give me five minutes, and I mean five minutes." she said kissing him as she moved quickly to the stairs " thank you Robert" she said with a smile as she moved up the stairs to change her clothes. Jessie received a note and headed to the Duplex.

"okay I'm here," he said walking in already in a black suit with a white shirt and black tie. looking like a bouncer at a night club. Ruby returned in her Red Skirt Suit 2 Piece Thin Blazer Half Sleeve Top.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 100 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 60 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top