LONDON CALLING - Page 21
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 21 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 21 of 100 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 60 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 21 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:10 am

Edward arrived with Simone in plenty of time. Edward was wearing a dogtooth pattern three piece suit with a reddish brown tie. Simone had a midi length v neck cashmere sweater dress in a beautiful, unusual tomato soup red color. The color was mainly red but had enough orange undertones to make it distinctively its own color, and she had some attractive nude beige colored heels with it. Around her neck she had a tiny solitaire diamond heart necklace on a gold chain, and she had matching tiny solitaire diamond heart stud earrings.

The boys came with Andrew and Edward and Simone. Sam was wearing a gunmetal gray suit, and Victor's was charcoal colored. Victor was going to try to go on crutches but Robert suggested his wheelchair just because of the long distances involved in going through the massive atrium and then to the various offices. Angus agreed, and Victor took their word for it, not having been there before.

They apparated together back to the Ministry, and Robert got them access to the Wizengamot offices. He took them all upstairs, and the secretary appeared to be surprised to see that instead of a couple people they had twelve people.

The chief warlock asked to see Robert and the attorney, Angus, and Ruby first. They went in and were offered seats, and the chief warlock reviewed the facts and reviewed the paperwork. The chief warlock was very clear that it was only because of the very violent nature of Suzanne and Tom that was allowing him to terminate their parental rights on a permanent basis, along with the fact that they had filed for residency in Paris, effectively abandoning the boys in England that was creating a situation that was allowing the wizengamot to act so quickly without any consent from Suzanne.

"So, you're the boys' sister?" The chief warlock asked, mainly for clarification. "Am I to assume that you signed this form of your own free will and that you realize that your mother is very likely to not like that her parental rights are being permanently severed? And are you ready and able to assume permanently the role of adoptive mother to both Sam and Victor with all the responsibilities that entails?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:24 am

Ruby walked with the others to the Wizengamot offices it felt like it had been years since she had last been back, but nothing had changed. She looked around the ministry as they walked. Some people who she worked with looked at her and smiled as they moved threw the atrium. She smiled back at them politly but kept walking. Once in the office, she took a deep breath moving to take Angus by the hand.

She looked at the chief warlock and nodded " yes, and this is Jessie our older brother and yes I signed it and I fully understand why we are doing this." she said simply. Looking down she smiled at Angus then looked at the boys " I whole heartedly take on all the responsibilities that it entails." she looked back at the chief warlock and said no more hoping she had said enough. She had tried her best to look after the boys when she left home but she could only do so much now , they could do a whole lot more as , as Angus put it a weird family should be.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:53 am

"And I see you brought quite a troop with you. Care to tell me who all those people are? Obviously, I know Khaat and Robert, your attorney, the two of you, Mr. Belby, and I can figure out for myself which ones are the boys, and I can see there is another security guard. Who are the two older people that are in the waiting room with everyone else?"

"My grandfather and his fiancee," Angus said. "They are ready and anxious to have Sam and Victor be their great grandchildren."

"Bring them in, the older brother, and the boys, please," the chief warlock said. A clerk asked for Jessie, Victor, Sam, Edward and Simone to come in. They filed in quietly, and as the chief warlock looked up, a broad smile of recognition crossed his face when he saw Simone.

"Simone Salazar, is that really you?" he asked.

"Hello, Peter," Simone smiled. The chief warlock most unusually, got up and left his desk to go over and give her a warm embrace and a peck on the cheek. "You look absolutely radiant. Where have you been keeping yourself? The last I saw you was the last Christmas before Maurice died."

"Peter, you haven't aged a day," Simone smiled. "I might have been sheltered off in my little cottage still if it hadn't been for this wonderful man. Peter, I'd like to introduce my fiancé, Edward Donohue."

"Edward Donohue--any relation to the werewolf hunter?" the chief warlock asked.

"I am one and the same," Edward said. "Angus is my grandson, and we are most anxious to make sure that Sam and Victor are safe. I don't think you will need me as a character witness for my grandson, but be assured that they will be safe and well provided for "

"Well met, then, Mr. Donohue," the chief warlock said. "Have a seat, all of you. Now, which one of you is Sam and which one is Victor?"

"I'm Sam," Sam said, choosing deliberately to sit next to Angus, and Marcus moved Victor's chair next to Ruby.

"You lads understand that Angus and Ruby want to adopt you, right? And you understand that forever takes away any legal right your mother has to be involved with you right?"

"That's great," Sam said, spitting it right out. "I don't want her in my life. Not her, not anything she stands for."

"She's never taken care of us anyway," Victor said. "Ruby and Jessie have always done their best to take care of us, and our parents never did anything for us but exchange some bodily fluids, and even then, I'm sure they were only doing it for themselves--whoever our sperm donor actually was. Angus and Ruby have done more for us in the last month than our mom and dad ever did for us in our entire lives, and, no, I'm not exaggerating. I want nothing to do with Suzanne ever again. Sam and I want to be right where we're at."

"You can't make us leave Ruby and Angus's. I won't go," Sam said. Angus reached over and laid a hand on Sam's arm to try to calm him. Angus could see and feel Sam's anxiety, rare as that was for Sam. "Well?" Sam looked at Angus, almost defiant. "I finally have people that give a damn, and I'm not losing it."

"Sam," The chief warlock said, "nobody here is asking you to leave. So it's different where you are than where you've been?"

"Completely. It's everything it should have been, and we don't want to lose that."

"So where you are now has a lot more stuff, does it?" the chief warlock was deliberately baiting Sam a little.

"Screw the stuff. I don't need any stuff and Victor doesn't either. It's the people. It's about finally not being alone anymore. It's about family," Sam said. The chief warlock smiled. That was what he wanted to hear. He looked at Jessie.

"And you're the eldest brother. What are your thoughts in this matter?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:05 am

Ruby smiled seeing and hearing her brother's words as they spoke to the chief warlock. she smiled at Vincent and then glanced at Jessie who smiled and looked at the chief. Jessie chuckled and looked at Ruby and the boys " I don't have any, there right where they want and need to be, I also work for Angus's employer and they have done nothing but help me" he said "and well if their happy then so am I and it's not like I'm losing them, there just joining an existing growing family anyway." he said simply. his hands resting on his lap as he spoke. Ruby tok his hand in her own and smiled to him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:21 am

"And if Mr. Gelding tries to come and take the boys? Or if he sends James Blood for them?"

"If Gelding comes for these boys, he'll have to get past me first," Angus said fiercely. "I'm not afraid of him. I've dealt with him before, and I'm not afraid to do it again."

"If he thinks he can send a werewolf to touch my grandchildren, then he's sadly mistaken," Edward said in a calm voice. "My reputation precedes me even with James Blood."

"Perhaps we should have engaged you to hunt James in the first place," the chief warlock said.

"And yet, you didn't," Edward replied. "I have the right to defend my family, and I will always choose to defend a child."

"And you all live on Brian Quinn's unplottable estate?"

"We do," Angus said. "We have a duplex that we share with my grandfather and his soon-to-be bride on the same property. The property has around-the-clock private security, and I talked with the headmaster at Hogwarts prior to the start of the term to make sure the school was prepared to protect the boys from being taken by anyone other than Ruby and me."

"It sounds like you've covered yourself well enough, then. I'm satisfied." The chief warlock looked down at his desk, dipped his quill in the inkwell and started to write on the form. Not looking up, he spoke as he wrote. Sam automatically grabbed tightly to Angus's hand, and Angus could feel how afraid Sam was. Angus laid his other hand on top of Sam's to reassure him. "I'm going to grant your petition. From here on, Suzanne Tyler-Gelding's parental rights are permanently terminated based on the emergent need of the minor aged children previously known as Samuel Tyler and Victor Tyler. Permanent parental custody will be given to adoptive father Angus Donohue and adoptive mother Ruby Tyler for both boys now and permanently known as Samuel Donohue and Victor Donohue..." Sam had such a tight grip on Angus's fingers that it was actually quite painful, but when the chief warlock said announced that they belonged to Angus and Ruby and were no longer Tylers but were Donohues, both boys let out a loud cheer, completely elated. They had a family that truly wanted them. Finally--they belonged. Angus, for his part, was calm on the outside but inside, he was every bit as happy as the boys were. He was happy for them. Now they were going to be as safe as anyone could possibly make them.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:34 am

Ruby sat and listened to the chief, Jessie looked at him " I would do the same " Jessie said in answer to his question and Angus's answer. Ruby watched holding Victor's hand in her own as the chief took out a pen and started to speak, she smiled as he said they were officially theirs and her mother had no rights to them. She could feel Victor lose his grip and she looked over at him she leaned over and hugged him as the cheif finished. She then glanced at Sam " um sam could you losen your grip a little, Angus needs that hand " she said and chukled as did Jessie.

"well, I guess its welcome to our family" Ruby said to both Victor and Sam with a chuckle as she lookd abck at Edward and Simone hoping she would give her advice on how to me a good mother to the boys as well as her own when the time came.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:45 am

Sam let go of Angus' hand but the instant he did, he flung himself around Angus in a huge bear hug. It took Angus by surprise.

"I have a dad," he said quietly. "I finally have a real dad. And a real mom. Thanks, Man. Really. We won't make you regret it, I promise."

"You better not," Angus teased. Sam burst out laughing. Edward and Simone came up and there were a lot of hugs and congratulations all around. While they were celebrating, the clerk was making copies of the adoption decree and he gave copies to Angus and Ruby and a copy each to Sam and Victor, saying they would send another copy to Hogwarts so that the school knew clearly who the legal parents now were.

Once their business was concluded, and they left the court, Robert invited them to the main house kitchen. He was going to open some champagne and some nonalcoholic champagne to celebrate

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:00 am

Ruby smiled and chuckled as Sam flung himself at Angus and called him dad but was suprised when he called her mom. She didn't say anything as she was still smiling at the sound of it. Together they left the ministry and ported back to the main house. She slipped off her shose and smiled at th boys " well didn't expect to be a mom this quick" she said grining "and I guess not every mom gets to be one twice in a year" Ruby looked to Angus  and how do you feel being a dad?" she asked leaning down and kissing him gently " thats to say thank you." she told him smiling still. She moved to the kitchen and brought the two bottles of bubbly, opening the non alcaholic she left the other to Robert to open. She gave a gals to each of the boys and tok one for herself.

"Heres to Sam and Victor Donohue" Jessie said " sorry to see you leave the family, but I'm happy to have you here as a donohue." he said with a smile. "how do you feel grandad, Jesie said to Edward with a chuckle.

"well how about you uncle" Ruby said and Jessie groaned." woild he be an uncle or still brother?" she asked some what unsure?" but see just shrugged her shoulders at the thought. Rowan walked in and stopepd to look at them all.

"whose birthday? or did gelding finally croak?" he said looking at every one with glasses of wine in their hands " and you shouldn't be drinking " he said loking at Ruby who smiled and sipped her drink.

"its non alcaholic" she said and he chukled shaking his head.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:07 pm

"Technically, you know," Angus said to Ruby, "we got these two this year, and we'll get one more next year." He smiled when she kissed him. "I understand entirely why Robert does the exact same thing, except a lot of the ones he takes guardianship of never end up coming to live with him. If you would have asked me two or three months ago if I saw myself doing this, I'd have said you'd lost your mind. And now, I can promise you that Gelding is never going to touch my boys." He paused a minute. "My boys," he listened to himself saying the words. "Our boys."

"And now I have 59 great grandchildren," Edward laughed. Sam and Victor looked at Edward for a moment as if he had three heads.

"Fifty nine? Good God," Victor said, unbelieving.

"Caprice and I had 6 children, and they gave us 23 grandchildren, and they gave us, as of today, 59 great grandchildren," Edward said.

"To Sam and Victor Donohue," Angus and the others joined Jessie when Jessie toasted the boys. "You know, Jessie, they're not leaving the family. Their new mother is still a Tyler. They just replaced Reginald."

"And they added in all those darned Donohues into it," Robert teased. "Hello, Rowan. Pull up a glass of champagne and join us. We're celebrating. Angus and Ruby just adopted Sam and Victor. They're officially a part of us now. Your dad should be back any time now. I sent him to Paris overnight, and he came through for me with flying colors, as he always does."

"You know," Simone told Sam and Victor, "I have a couple friends of mine who adopted, and their children actually have two birthdays every year. They have their normal birthday, but then they have the day they were adopted as another birthday because they want to celebrate that was the date they got a fresh start."

"I think that's a great idea," Angus said.

"I think," Robert told Jessie, "you're legally an uncle, but biologically a brother. I have heard some whacky muggles that call that a brother/uncle, or a bruncle, but that's just typical muggle weirdness."

"Actually, no weirder than a mother/sister, or a father/brother-in-law," Angus replied.  

Kate and Michael arrived, both of them carrying extra large restaurant delivery bags.

"Well, you started the party without us," Michael said. "So, perhaps, what Kate and I have won't go amiss. We went into London to the best steakhouse, and we brought back fillet mignon dinners for everyone for supper tonight. They all have baked potatoes, caesar salads, and black forest cake or lemon cheesecake for dessert. So come grab a takeout box everyone, and I'll set out the dessert boxes on the sideboard."

He and Kate set out the individual supper boxes, each box holding steak and potatoes, and Michael set a separate box on top of each supper box. The boxes in top held the caesar salads and bread rolls with butter. He set out several individual boxes in the dining room with black forest cake and several with lemon cheesecake so people could take their choice. Kate set out bottles of soda so everyone could take their pick of what sort of soda they wanted with their supper.

"Steak!" Victor said. He had had an average quality steak, but never a first rate quality steak, and these smelled great.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:21 pm

Ruby smiled as Angus spoke about the boys and the one she was carrying , she smiled when he said 'our boys' " I agree" she said softly then watched as Rowan appeared and spoke. Rowan listened to Robert and could not help get wide eyed at how many grand and great-grand children Edward had.

"Wow" he said " thats great guys welcome." he said to being told the boys were part of the family. He listened to Robert as he told him where Michael and Kate had gone it was now he smelt the most delishious smell wafting in threw the door and he smiled as his dad and Kate walked in, picking up two glasses he waited until they had set down the food and handed them their glasses before picking up his own. He heard Jessie and could not agree more. He looked at Michael and smiled " and heres to familiys reunited and rebuilt." he said touching glases with Michael and the others before he took some food and a soda before he sat down.

"So let me get this straight , now that Victor and Sam are part of your famly , there bio mom dosn't have any legal way to take them back?" he asked placing some food in his mouth. " becuse thats a good idea." Ruby looked over at him.

"don't eat with your mouth full" she said and he stopped and swollowed what he was eating .

"yes ma'am" he said " well you've taken to the mom role." he teased Ruby who just chukled at him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 100 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 60 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top