LONDON CALLING - Page 55
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 55 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 55 of 100 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 77 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 55 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:00 am

Ruby looked to her left and saw the branch with teh crack in it " I see it" she said then looked to her right, retching out she grasped the lower smaller branch and pulled herself up to it then moving her left foot she repositioned it higher to push herself up. "like that you mean and right, don't over stretch" she said then loked up at him " becuse I could lose my grip and slip, right" she pushed up and greasped a branch on the same level as him and swung up to sit on the branch. " there, nice view" she said " Im a fast learner" she chukled " also helps with all that swimming I did." she looked back at the duplex and saw Angus out on the porch, she gave him a wave and a smile.

Now she loked down and brethed out " wow long way down, so how do we get back down?" she asked glancing at him.then something caught her eye " whats that?" she asked looking at a shadow moving not far behind them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4180

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:20 am

"That's good," he told her, watching her technique. "That's the ticket. I'd rather see you do shorter, sure movements than to take any silly chances. To get down, there are a couple rules of thumb. Stay as close to the trunk as you can because the branches are thicker there and more stable. And, try as close as you can to go back down basically in the same way you want up. Try to use the branches close to you and reverse the process. If you get into a spot, tell Hiss. You can hang onto him, and he'll lower you down. Keep your focus. Forget about anything else other than what you're doing. Focus on the branches close to you and onto your job. Don't pay attention to how far down it is. That isn't important. Watch. I'll go down a branch. You can copy my movements."

He had seen lots of things moving in the woods. There was a good deal of wildlife here. Even if something that was moving wasn't animal, there was nothing they could do about it at the moment. She needed to focus.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:39 am

Ruby saw Michael was not bothered bu what ever had made the shadow and so she didn't worry about it, almost hugging the trunk she slowly made her way back down to the ground but just as she touched ground her foot slippe and she fel on her butt " sits, last steps a doozy right." she said standing up and wiping her butt clean of grass and dirt. " so how many time do I have to climb trees till we move to the climbing wall?" she asked knowing she would not just jump to the wall right away.

Jes walked out of the house with ehr coffee she felt the uneasynes of Angus and looekd over at where she saw two figurs stood , she knew both were Ruby and Michael she sipped her tea and focused on dispeling the negative she felt around her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:53 am

"What's your hurry?" Michael frowned. "You can certainly try the climbing wall, but do help me understand what your big push is about. The technique is essentially the same whether you're climbing a tree or a wall. Does it not feel like you're climbing if it's a tree and not a wall, or something?"

"If you want to climb the wall, then I think you should go with Brian when he goes tonight to the gym at St. Mungo's and see how you do with the wall. I know they've been expanding that program. There are now walls for kids, walls for beginners, walls for intermediate climbers and one wall for advanced climbers. And they've got a new trainer there. He tends to work evenings simply because that's when the walls get used the most. Maybe if you tag along with Brian, you can meet this new bloke. Making connections can't hurt, after all.

"I'd like to go, but I'll pass tonight. I'll be here in the kitchen. I've got just too much on my list of things to do to go to the gym tonight, but Brian's going anyway, so you could tag along with him."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:04 am

Ruby looked at him and shook her head " no hurry , thinking about it more, slow and steady is best " she said unhooking the rope from around he waist " besides if I rush I could miss something vital" she told him with a smile " well, do you want some help in the kitchen, im avalible." she asked hoping he would so she would keep busy " besides Im thinking if my father desides to come after Angus I'd like to stay close, more so I can put my boot in" she siad with a chuckle. 

Now out of the rope she looked at Michael " so, just like climbing small steps, judge my next move carefully, goes for life too right." she said rolling up the rope and holding it as they walked back to the main house.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:24 am

"The important thing, no matter what you're climbing, is to have the technique itself right. Climbing cliffs and mountains, for me, is fun. Most often, when I'm climbing for work, I'm climbing up the sides of buildings, or climbing down into a sewer or some such city thing. Being out in nature is more of a luxury for me. But regardless, the technique is the same. Find the next handhold that allows you to pull yourself up and use your body strength without reaching too far or putting your faith in a weak handhold. It also pays to know your own body's weaknesses and strengths so you can use your strengths and avoid having to depend on a weakness to see you through. What you're climbing isn't really as important. I chose the tree deliberately because it isn't a straight up surface but the disadvantage is that Mother Nature isn't so evenly spaced as a man made climbing wall.

"I can understand your thoughts about Angus, but he's well guarded. I don't think anybody's just going to be able to walk up and take a crack at him. You do know, don't you, that if we get a chance to move and go get your father and arrest him, there isn't a snowball's chance in Hell that Robert would ever, ever let you go along, don't you? That just isn't going to happen. You can't always solve your problems with people by getting a good lick in at them. Come on, help me prep some vegetables for supper. I need 4 large aubergines, 4 large yellow squash, 4 zucchini's, and 12 tomatoes sliced into thin rounds, about 1 or 1/2 mm thick. That's going to take awhile. And while you do that, I'm going to start on the sauce and then get a couple of pork tenderloins on to roast."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:31 am

Ruby sighed and ndded as she listened to Michael " yeah I know but I can dream about what I can do to him though " she said smiling but her mouth fell open at the list of veg she needed to prep " okay, one at a time" she said chukaling "aubergines, yellow squash, zucchini's, and tomatoes sliced into thin rounds, about 1 or 1/2 mm thick, that right?" she asked taking each from the veg rack and placing them down, pcking up a knife she started slicing the tomatoes.

Now with the tomatoes sliced she moved to the rest of the veg and began prepping it " so what are we doing with these " she said holding up the zucchini's to show Michael. " slice or dice?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:44 am

"Slice, please," Michael said, "as close to 1 or 1 1/2 mm, like everything else," he said, doing his own prep for ingredients for a sauce. He was quicker at chopping because of years and years of experience, but even so, today, he cut himself. "Oh, damn," he sighed. And that was going to cost him four nice bell peppers because he couldn't risk using them because of the blood that was getting on them. "I'll be back in a moment. Then I can disinfect my entire prep area, toss these, and dice four more bell peppers." He was frustrated with himself. He went downstairs to the sickbay to find a couple of larger size plasters and a pair of latex gloves to protect the food from getting contaminated. If it kept bleeding, he would have Robert or Nigel tend to it, but it wouldn't be the first time he'd finished a dish or two with a glove full of blood. As long as it didn't get into the food, it was all good.

As he was coming back up from the cellar, he glanced outside towards the duplex and saw that the two outside guards had seen something in the woods and they were going to check it. That was leaving Angus's safety to the men in the house. Hopefully, those men knew that the outside men were being diverted. He passed Robert in the hallway.

"Heads up. The outside guards have been diverted away from the duplex by seeing something in the woods," Michael said quietly.

"Thank you. Lee and I will be on it, then," Robert said. "What'd you do?"

"Cut myself. It's alright."

"Let me know if it keeps bleeding like that."

"I will. I can't cook very well if I bleed all over it." Robert went into the next room, called Lee, and the two of them went outside together and deliberately walked across the yard to the duplex, deliberately wanting any trespasser to know that this property was secure.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:06 am

Ruby nodded at his instruction and carefully cut them into dice then moved to the other veg , hearing him call out as he cut himself she watched him leave before cleaning up his work area and disenfecting it clean of blood, though the peperes she knew had to be thrown she got fresh ones from the larder and placed them on the now clean and sanitery board ready for him. Ruby then saw Robert and Lee leave the house and cross to the duplex. She paused as she scanned the area but hearing Michael return she spoke " I cleaned the area and dsinfected it , those are fresh peppers by the way" she said but her eyes looked out the window.

Pulling her self back into the kitchen she contunued to chop the veg until they were all done and in individual bowls ready for what ever Michaekl needed them for " okay there done" she said cleaning her knfe and laying it blande against the board.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:20 am

"Thank you," Michael said, "I hate when I do that. Now, get one of Angus's large sheet cake pans and fan them out and around in a pretty spiral. Make them look nice. Like this. You're assembling the vegetables for an enormous ratatouille. If I get the bell peppers diced this time without lopping a limb off, I'll get the sauce made and then we can get it in the oven. I know the sauce is usually on the bottom, but for the sake of time and my clumsiness, we're going to do it ass backwards tonight.

Then, do you think you could you put together some loaves of just a simple soda bread to serve with it? I haven't gotten as far as dessert yet, but I have to get the pork on after I get the sauce made for the ratatouille."

He cleaned and diced the bell peppers without incident this time, except that the glove continued to get redder and redder. He knew as soon as he had the pork in the oven, he was going to have to have someone heal the cut. He glanced out and saw Robert and Lee go inside the duplex. He breathed a small sigh of relief, glad that there were a couple more wands over there for the moment.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 100 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 77 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top