LONDON CALLING - Page 29
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 29 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 29 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 29 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:33 am

Jess was walking past the worshop when she heard Michael and Robert talking about the mole she paused and listened knowing she shouldn't but she did. She shook her head and chuckled knowing how stoborn he was. When he sort of agree to go out with Kate and Michael for supper she silently agreed. She knew what Michael was up to and agreed with his whole idea. Jack walked past and stopped by Jess " you listening in?" he asked softly she nodded.

"yes , Michaels got Robert to agree to go out for supper" she said " you know I wasn't aposed to the first idea of Roberts, It might have even worked" she paused and looked at Jack " I wonder?" she said softly

"oh no you don't I know that look, let Robert work it out on his own, you heard him the first plan is done, over" Jack said but Jess chuckled and he graoned.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 4176

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:57 am

Michael talked to Kate who was more than alright with Michael's idea for dinner. And, to prove his point of privacy, Michael picked up some fabulous five star dinners with a five star dessert and some perfectly chilled wines. Then he took all of it to his house in Hogsmeade. It was getting dark, and he lit some luminarias in the back garden, and set out the dinners, the dessert, and the wine. it was then that Kate and Robert arrived. Michael took them out to the back garden.

This was something that felt like comfort. It felt like old times. Just the three of them. Michael poured the wine and opened the containers of chateubriand with a bearnaise sauce, duchess potatoes, and a fabulous watercress salad with cherry tomatoes. Dessert was baked alaska. He had a lovely dry red wine with dinner and champagne with dessert.

It was quiet, no noise at all. Just the three of them, the only ones left out of the original group. It was Kate that had put a precise finger on how betrayed he felt by this team. They hadn't trusted him. They hadn't trusted his judgment on keeping them safe, hadn't trusted them to lead them. All the talk about family, and when it had come right down to it, they hadn't trusted him. Hadn't even let him explain. He wasn't going to open this up to them. They could do the next mission, but not this one.

Kate and Michael could understand, once they had had a chance to sit with him and with what had happened, over a quiet dinner and some low stress conversation. They sat in the garden, ate the gourmet dinner, drank the impeccable wine, and looked up at the stars. For Robert, what mattered was that, when it all had fallen apart, it was Kate and Michael that were here still.

When the champagne and several cigarettes were gone, Robert was mellowed out Michael suggested that Kate and Robert stay over. Michael went back to Brian's to give Kate and Robert some much needed time alone for the night.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:06 am

Ruby finished the cookies and placed them in a jar ready to be eaten she glanced at Angus and then sighed " you think I should have just carried on in paris?" she asked " done as Robert planed to catch the mole?" she turned to face him her arms cross over her chest " we need to do something this whole mole thing has every one suspecting each other, its not right." she said " I feel like backing bread again" she said a little frustrated that was until an owl arrived at the window. Opening it she found he held a letter from her father.

"okay what does that swine want now." she said opening it and reading it then she burst out laughing and moved to Angus. It basicaly told her she was disowned and disinherited from the family and not to use their name for putting Jessie in a facility. " ho thats rich, I've never classed my self as one of them ever and they don't have anything I want." It was now she tipped up the envalope and a simple ring fell out with a small note.

"Dear Ruby, Im your aunt ash, don't give up hope this was your grandmothers, she saw good in you and left it for you. Love Antie Ash" wow she showed Angus. " huh at least I know I have other family." she placed it down on the counter and looked at it as it shimmered in the light.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:24 am

Angus hadn't had a chance to answer her about her question about the mole before the owl came in and left a message for her.

"Wait," Angus said. "How did anyone in your family find out that Jessie went to Switzerland? And how did they find out so bloody fast? He just went. I didn't think he had a relationship with them. And I know you didn't tell them. So who told them?" He wasn't concerned about the money. "Ruby, your family isn't filthy rich, are they? Why are they so concerned about what you might inherit? And what is it that has this Aunt Ash coming out of the woodwork right now? The whole thing smells about as foul as the fish cookies I thought I smelled at lunch."

As for the issue of family name and inheriting, Angus wanted to laugh out loud. Edward's fame had netted the Donohues a good deal of money. Not to mention the money they gained now because of the stables, the olive oil press, and the vineyard. Besides that, Angus had worked for Robert since he graduated Hogwarts. Almost 15 years. And he had multiple jobs. he'd never had anyone to spend it on, and Robert paid exceptionally well, so Angus had a very large bank account of his own. Benjamin's little "ne'er do well" son had more money now than Benjamin had ever had in his whole miserable life. And--he was heir to it all. All the Donohue money and assets. Ruby wasn't going to need any of the Tyler money. Not a cent of it.

Michael apparated back in as the clock struck half past ten, and he didn't have Kate and Robert with him.

"You lost two," Angus said, noticing the obvious absence of Kate and Robert.

"They're taking an adult night out," Michael said. "I'm sure we'll see them at some time tomorrow."

"How is Robert. Don't make us beg for details," Angus said

"He's alright," Michael said.

"So is he planning a mission without us?"

"He's toying with the idea but nothing is set in stone yet. He and Kate and I are still looking at options. Tonight, he and his wife are taking a night off."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:32 am

Ruby lookd at the note and laughed " oh I get it , Its a ploy to get me to leave." she said and ropepd the ring in the trash , as she did it burst into sparkles and disapeared " wow okay, and as for my name its just letters and one which Im sure in the future will change." she didn't let it urk her as she had no need for them to know " that mole must know more than were aware if they know Jessies gone to swizerland, and he left this morning." she ehard porting and smiled as Michael walked in.

She let them talk a bit and chuckled " yep definatly not going to see them till tomorrow, can you remeber the last time they had time to them selves?" she asked " since I've been here the've always been busy." she said glad they were now taking time for themselves. " so you want help with supper?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:45 am

"It's all in the oven. It just needs set out," Angus said. "Macaroni and cheese, turkey meatballs in a Greek tomato sauce, shaved and sauteed brussels with slivered almonds, and Michael's strawberry shortcake trifle for dessert. The dessert is in the fridge, and everything else is in the oven. I think the dining room is set up, so all we need to do is to take the dinner out of the oven and set it on the sideboard--if anyone's hungry."

"I ate with Kate and Robert, so I don't think I'll eat again, but if you need me to help you set out the food, I can do that," Michael said. "Oh, and I need to take a quick pop out tomorrow morning to go over to Venice. I'm out of cigarettes, and Giles and Diane have agreed to get some for me when I'm out. I sent them a floo message that I'm out, s they're getting more for me. Anybody need anything? Or anybody want to come with?"

"Venice?" Simone asked.

"You should go, Simone," Angus said. "And Edward too. Start some accounts there. They're our tailors--outfitters for anything and everything we need. And, yes, including Michael's handmade Italian cigarettes."

"What time are you going?" Edward asked.

"I don't know. Nine or ten perhaps," Michael said.

"Yeah, maybe. Depending on whatever might be happening here then," Edward said. "Suppose Robert will be up to mischief by then?"

"No. I don't think so," Michael said. "I look for them to sleep in."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:51 am

Ruby smet teh delishious food and smiled " you know Im gonna have to work twice as hard in teh gym just to work off all this good food." she said smiling  as she kissed Angus cheek " I'll lay the table michael , don't worry" she said and moved to pick up the plates and make the rest follow her like a mini parade to teh dinning room. 

Once laid she humemd softly to her self and chuckled at the feble attempt to get her to leave the property, if it hadn't been for Angus she might have gone just to give them a peice of her mind, but she didn't as was content to stay right where she was laying dishes for supper that the one and only man she needed in her life had made.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:11 am

Angus followed her into the dining room. He didn't want everyone else overhearing. he came up behind her and touched her shoulder to avoid scaring her by coming up behind. Then he said to her very quietly.

"Just so you know, even if it is true that they don't want anything to do with you, we are not going to be in debt," he said. "I could quit work right now, and we'd be very comfortable for the rest of our lives. And--just so you know, our duplex and everything in it--on both sides, is completely paid for. Edward doesn't know yet. I expect he'll figure it out in a month or two when he doesn't get any bills for anything. He'll insist on paying me back, but I'm not worried. What I'm saying is that you don't need them for anything. We're not going to be sleeping on a park bench somewhere."

Abbey came running into the dining room just about that time. Kate had given Abbey her bath and had changed Abbey into her pajamas before she left for Hogsmeade. The pajamas were soft little t shirt knit shorts and baby doll style top in pink with little red strawberries. She dashed into the dining room and she clung tight to the leg of Angus's jeans.

"Aggie! Aggie!" she called, looking frightened and panicky.

"Abs?" he looked at her. "What's the matter?" He picked her up.

"Goggies! Goggies come'd for Mama. Lots of goggies. Too many for Marky."

"Where, Abs? Where are they?" he asked. He knew Khaat was supposed to be leaving St. Mungos with Marcus about 30 minutes ago to come home.

"I no know! That big goggie come for Mama!"

"Where's Jack?" Angus asked. It was hard to take on any sort of a battle against James without Jack.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:16 am

Ruby felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see Angus she smiled and nodded " I know " she touched his cheek " but Im not with you for your money, we could be on a park bench and I'd still love you for you" she told him " but your right I don't need them, all I need is right infront of me and here in this house." she said smiling softly it was now she heard Abby " oh my, I'll fetch him" she said and quickly went to find Jack.

Jack walked into the living room with Ruby " doggies?" he said and looekd at Abby " okay tell me what you saw slowly" he said " was it the same one whose been after you mom alot?" he asked then looked at Angus " James should be in Ascaban prison, unless hes been broke out some how, shurly we'd have been told."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:29 am

"Unca Jack! Big goggie come for Mama! He bringed goggies wit' him. Too many for Marky. They gots their furs and teefs and...and..." she motioned with her fingernails to try to show him claws.

"They're transformed," Angus said quietly to Ruby as Michael came into the room.

"I just looked out the window. It's a full moon tonight. We can't depend on Azkaban notifying us if James isn't there," Michael said.

"Abs, where is Mama and Marky? Are they outside somewhere?"

"They wanna hurt Marky bad and take Mama," she was upset.

"Khaat was supposed to leave St. Mungos 30 minutes ago," Angus said. "I know the way he takes her. It might be all we have, if he takes her the usual route home. I'll go with you, Jack, if you think its worth a try."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top